Thinking of an old crush....

Cancer7

Account Closed
I've been thinking of a old crush lately. Has he thought of me?

We knew each other nearly two months before we went our separate ways, nothing bad happen. I've been thinking of him lately, has he thought of me?:love:
A relationship would have been great, but I would have loved for us to be friends.
astro_w2gw_01_thinking_of_him_hp.72780.1719.gif

Is he Saturn? His communication/thought house is ruled by Jupiter retrograde also in the 12th house.

I'm moon? 11th house hopes and wishes. HELP

How can you tell if there is reception?

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/reception.html

RECEPTION.
Reception is when two Planets that are significators in any Question or matter are in each others dignity;

Attachments

• thinking.gif
    thinking.gif
    52.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Ahhh ok. Me too. The Moon I understand represents what we feel (i.e emotions) at the time of posing the question. So in this case I would interpret this as concerned/worried. Since its placement is in the 11th house of wishes/hopes etc. This would imply that you are hoping or wishing for a certain outcome.

The ascendant is you (also referred to as the querant) and the other person/object/subject matter whatever the case maybe is the descendant. So you would primarily look at the placement of those planets which rules the sign in which both ascendant and descendant are in. Their placements are primary significators of the you and him/it. If there are aspects between the two look further into it. The Moon is your co-significator, because as explained above it represents what you are thinking/feeling at the time of the question popping into your mind.

Hope this has helped.

IleneK

Premium Member
You = Mars
he = Venus

You are at a disadvantage in this matter, with Mars just having moved into the sign of its detriment. He/Venus also lacks essential dignity. There is neither reception nor aspect between the significators, and Moon is void of course. This looks like a non-starter to me.

The_Saturnian

Speaking of the Moon being void of course, is this because it does not make any positive aspects to other stars in the chart? I only ask as it does make a square to detrimental Mars.

IleneK

Premium Member
Speaking of the Moon being void of course, is this because it does not make any positive aspects to other stars in the chart? I only ask as it does make a square to detrimental Mars.

Void of course generally occurs when Moon fails to makes an aspect to another planet before it leaves the sign it is in. It is thought that Moon in the sign of Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius and Pisces is less affected when it is VOC than the other signs.

To not be VOC, Moon must apply in aspect [be moving towards the planet] and the relevant aspects that Moon may make to avoid being VOC are the Ptolemaic ones: conjunction, sextile, square, trine and opposition.

Given this definition, in the horary chart Moon does not square Mars until it changes into the sign of Libra, so it is VOC. There may matters of orb/moiety that I will not go into here, but this is the overall gist of my thinking.

The_Saturnian

Ahhh I see. I've just noticed that the Sun happens to sextile Moon from it's sign of Cancer. Would this have any bearing on this reading as the Sun is in the Moon's house ?

wca

you are represented by Mars in Cancer. I take that to show you as a woman in her adult years, mature yet not middling in her years, of average height and proportion. round face, big bones. strong nose, freckles and small, bright eyes (Moon as dispositor of Mars sextile Sun), reddish tint to the hair. is there a scar to the chest somewhere?

our man is Venus in Leo. am I correct that we can expect someone of a fair amount of beauty, vitality, vanity? average to larger build, hair of a lighter color (brown to light brown/sandy blonde), dimples in the cheeks, always well manicured and an appearance showing great attention to detail.

I think Ilene was almost going to touch on this difference of opinion in regards to the Moon being void of course, but chose not to. I'll jump in to say that some would argue (and I'm among them) that the Moon isn't void. she is moving from sextile Sun to square Mars.. Mars is unable to receive the Moon, as he has no dignity in 0º Cancer (he is, in fact, debilitated throughout all of Cancer). we should be wary of the square already, but couple that with a lack of reception and we begin to see how this will (or won't) play out. Bonatti tells us that a square without reception will hardly bring the matter to perfection, except through much labor and dragging on, through much strife and difficulty.

other notes -- Venus and Mars don't contact one another, neither planet is retrograde or contacting a retrograding planet (suggesting thoughts of something past), and your significator is debilitated (as we've said) in the 8th house. Ilene's correct that this will go nowhere.

Last edited:

Cancer7

Account Closed
Hey, cant believe I missed this responses.

The description of me was pretty much correct, but no scar that I know of. The description of him was also on point. No large frame. Yes light hair, dimples, well manicured, and pays attention to detail.

Sad, I would have been satisfied with friendship :crying:

Maybe two week ago I sent him a text basically stating I wasn't going to contact him anymore. Nothing happen, I sent that message bc there hadn't been much contact between us and I was upset. Then I started missing the little contact we had. Missing him. Im lonely and really need a friend. This loneliness has been going on far to long, nearly 3 years. :crying:

Thanks for the response.