Disordered Eating

Emmalena

Hello. I’m looking for insight and truly grateful for any understanding here. My disordered eating (anorexia) seems to flare. I just today learned about Ceres (mines in Pisces, & oddly enough Catherine of Siena was my Patron Saint).

Last year (2020), I lose 70 lbs in 3.5 months (no, I did not have any surgery). I want to understand why these “flare ups” happen, so I can try and mitigate them when they come. I’m genuinely grateful for any insight into well…anything. My mom died 6 months ago, she was not a kind woman, & it’s really brought a lot of turmoil.

https://astro.cafeastrology.com/graphic.php?type=24&x=1200&y=1600&index=172433312&lang=en

(Hopefully I did the Link right, I was born 8/24/88 at 1:50 am in St. Louis, MO)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cary2

Banned
I think the astrological clue is the Neptune/Saturn/Uranus on the Descendant with Venus opposed from First House. It seems to have something to do with fear of not being loved or inability to accept the love that is offered. I know of no treatment except standard psychological therapy.

If you want to know as an astrologer how to predict episodes, then look to transits and solar arc directions to these factors.

Frisiangal

Hello. I’m looking for insight and truly grateful for any understanding here. My disordered eating (anorexia) seems to flare. I just today learned about Ceres ..................

Hi
Many years ago a conference I attended on medical astrology included a lecture on any astrological significance towards anorexia. Two respected (and published) Dutch astrologers had independently reached a similar conclusion .... harsh aspects between Moon-Neptune and to a 3rd planet. This was when Ceres was simply classed as a 'space dust' asteroid, even if it has associations with 'mother'.

As anorexia appears to be about a compulsion in having personal control, Pluto can be evident.

When you say 'seems to flare', do you mean that you also have what is considered 'normal' eating habits to you? Can you relate to what causes the flare up(s)? A Mars in Aries has a reputation for that, whereas assertive action might prove more worthwhile.

These associations all appear in the natal chart.

The progressed Moon (expression of feelings) has been in Aries since end last year. After making and completing the conflict aspect with natal Neptune that activates the T-squares, it is about to reach natal Mars. It would be great if this could coincide with an urge to tackle the emotionallly compulsive disorder (Mars inconjunct Pluto (both rulers 6th house of physical disorders .... youth versus adulthood!))

If you google 'Astrology- anorexia', one of the first sites listed is this forum and a number of discussions on the subject. Other sites offer astro. information worth reading and may help in your personal understanding of what makes you tick ....and why.

Seeking professional help is always worthwhile. Unfortunately, the forum is not the place equipped to provide or to receive a full chart analysis.

:smile:

Attachments

• astro_246gw_female_202187_hp.27422.117543.jpg
    astro_246gw_female_202187_hp.27422.117543.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 27

Zora

Account Closed
Hello. I’m looking for insight and truly grateful for any understanding here. My disordered eating (anorexia) seems to flare.

Last year (2020), I lose 70 lbs in 3.5 months (no, I did not have any surgery). I want to understand why these “flare ups” happen, so I can try and mitigate them when they come. I’m genuinely grateful for any insight into well…anything.

Hi Emmalena,

what astrologically can be done when flare-ups occur - is to look into actual transits - aspecting degree exact your natal planets.

Your 6th house - health and your ability to adapt yourself to outer circumstances and outer influence and to correct habits, rituals and taken over patterns and behaviours - you have experienced as unsuccessful and hurting - is main ruled by pluto. Scorpio is a fix sign - always making use of and counting on well known personal rituals - one kinda draws a feeling of safety from - and all fix signs are not known for welcoming changes with open arms.

Intercepted in your 6th house is sagittarius - ruled by jupiter - known for a tendency to exaggerate and to blow something up. And feeling entitled and enrightened to do so - to keep yourself balanced. Main ruled by pluto - often beyond personal control and instinctively subconsciously directed and guided.

In intercepted sag (like a secrete ritual life below the surface - you don't show to others - is your uranus and saturn in. Your uranus rules your 9th house - your personal faith and in what you find trust in. And saturn - ruling your 7th house and your 8th house - with saturn/pluto correspondence energy in 8th - showing very high standards of perfection - your family had as opinion on you to fullfill.

What is a lot of pressure - as you experienced it from youth on. And from time to time - you make use of your uranus - acting totally contrary to what you were expected to do - to liberate yourself from pressure.

Your natal sag uranus and sag saturn are both now still transit-activated by t-jupiter itself - by sextile. But your natal saturn is additionally activated by transit pluto by semisextile - for introspection and a transformation - of all dogmatas you have taken over as opinions on you from your family members. And how you should show yourself - when encountering people - 7th house - ruled by saturn - too.

Besides your 7th house - encountering people and attracting a partner- saturn rules your 8th house - the house of death and near to death experiences, shocks and trauma in own life and is figuratively also the house of endings - to let go something - for which the right time has come.

Your pisces northnode sitting cusp your midheaven and your midheaven cusp itself is now sextile activated by transit uranus for a turn-around impulse in your life direction. And your 4th house cusp - emotions and basic trust is trined by t-uranus - for an improvement impulse in this house matter. Being in a female body and to feel well in and to have more self-trust and to feel yourself more welcomed as a female being.

As well as your lilith in health sign virgo in 3rd house - physical radiance others can notice from you - is now trine supported by transit uranus for a considerable improvement. Your lilith is natally degree exact inconjuncted by your aries mars in 10th house - your mars is same time semisextiled by t-uranus for introspection and for an improvement to take leadership on your own in your own life - now.

attachment.php

Attachments

• ! Chart Emmalena.jpg
    ! Chart Emmalena.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
I want to understand why these “flare ups” happen, so I can try and mitigate them when they come. I’m genuinely grateful for any insight into well…anything.

My mom died 6 months ago, she was not a kind woman, & it’s really brought a lot of turmoil.

To be honest- for me this is not to find in your chart. But I have a suspicion - where this may come from and subconsciously follows you as an eating disorder - the only possibility to do something with your body on your own - getting thinner- on the way "to disappear" out of a situation you are not able to stand and to understand- cancer chiron short under ASC opposing neptune in 7th.

Own mother and mother experience in childhood is shown with 4th house- sign and ruler and aspects of 4th house ruler. In your chart mother and mother figure is shown with virgo, ruled by mercury. Virgo is a mutuable mental and analytic sign,known for being economic and not much emotional.

Mercury trines your moon in 7th house - where you were welcomed first time entering earth on this world. Your moon - you as a a soul - is/are sitting in 4th house of your mother - counted from 4th house. And mercury sextiles venus as ruler of 5th house. That's all - if one focusses on validity of aspects.

But mercury also co-rules intercepted gemini in 12th house - the prenatal house during pregnancy and your mother experiences during pregnancy with you. And in gemini your jupiter is in - co-ruling 6th house - health. You suffer from subconsciously guided eating disorders - you don't know the reason for - but probably try to compensate something "invisible" for you - you feel as present and as real.

As jupiter is sitting the most farest away position from personal awareness and control - in 12th house - above horizon- but connected with the physical body by semisextiling your chiron in cancer short under horizon and ASC - ruled by your moon.

I assume that your mother during pregnancy had a difficult time and also with your father.Venus rules 5th house- for me- male principle and house of father. And venus in 1st house also main rules your 12th house - opposes your cap moon in 7th house - ruled by saturn - looks like you didn't felt welcomed from your father - who either wouldn't have liked to have a child that time or would probably have more preferred a son than a daughter - venus squares aries mars and semisquares your sun - jupiter squares sun in libra in 3rd house.

And felt yourself responsible and guilty for - saturn in as ruler of 7th in 6th house - and as you continously have to work on it - 6th house - for values your father had - your 6th house planets are in 2nd house of your father. Your moon - as a soul is sitting in 3rd house- thoughts of your father - counted from 5th house on.

You afterwards probably instinctively felt to better show you more male in your outlooking - instead of female (?) and had the early impression - that something is wrong with your own body. Virgo-Lilith sitting in 3rd house near cusp 4th - inconjuncting aries mars in 10th house.

Zora

Account Closed
The most interesting for me- astrologically - would be - when exact- has the eating disorder started - and what happened around you in your life that time ?

As my opinion ist - nothing comes from nothing- and body, spirit and soul always work close together - and what one part is not able to do at a certain time - another part takes over for a while - to keep one staying balanced.

Emmalena

To be honest- for me this is not to find in your chart. But I have a suspicion - where this may come from and subconsciously follows you as an eating disorder - the only possibility to do something with your body on your own - getting thinner- on the way "to disappear" out of a situation you are not able to stand and to understand- cancer chiron short under ASC opposing neptune in 7th.

Own mother and mother experience in childhood is shown with 4th house- sign and ruler and aspects of 4th house ruler. In your chart mother and mother figure is shown with virgo, ruled by mercury. Virgo is a mutuable mental and analytic sign,known for being economic and not much emotional.

Mercury trines your moon in 7th house - where you were welcomed first time entering earth on this world. Your moon - you as a a soul - is/are sitting in 4th house of your mother - counted from 4th house. And mercury sextiles venus as ruler of 5th house. That's all - if one focusses on validity of aspects.

But mercury also co-rules intercepted gemini in 12th house - the prenatal house during pregnancy and your mother experiences during pregnancy with you. And in gemini your jupiter is in - co-ruling 6th house - health. You suffer from subconsciously guided eating disorders - you don't know the reason for - but probably try to compensate something "invisible" for you - you feel as present and as real.

As jupiter is sitting the most farest away position from personal awareness and control - in 12th house - above horizon- but connected with the physical body by semisextiling your chiron in cancer short under horizon and ASC - ruled by your moon.

I assume that your mother during pregnancy had a difficult time and also with your father.Venus rules 5th house- for me- male principle and house of father. And venus in 1st house also main rules your 12th house - opposes your cap moon in 7th house - ruled by saturn - looks like you didn't felt welcomed from your father - who either wouldn't have liked to have a child that time or would probably have more preferred a son than a daughter - venus squares aries mars and semisquares your sun - jupiter squares sun in libra in 3rd house.

And felt yourself responsible and guilty for - saturn in as ruler of 7th in 6th house - and as you continously have to work on it - 6th house - for values your father had - your 6th house planets are in 2nd house of your father. Your moon - as a soul is sitting in 3rd house- thoughts of your father - counted from 5th house on.

You afterwards probably instinctively felt to better show you more male in your outlooking - instead of female (?) and had the early impression - that something is wrong with your own body. Virgo-Lilith sitting in 3rd house near cusp 4th - inconjuncting aries mars in 10th house.

Wow, I’m blown away by all of this and none of it is wrong. Thank you so much for this. In some ways it not being a “chart thing” is oddly comforting.

My mom didn’t have a great pregnancy, my father both wanted a boy and didn’t want a child and left a few years later. It was a physically abusive home by him (a drinker) & emotionally and less, but still, physically abusive by her. From a young age my body felt wrong because she knew her father was a particular kind of abusive and didn’t care.

Her sun sign was a Virgo as well. She had disordered eating, & you’re right would often point out that she was “better” at disordered eating because her lowest weight was lower than mine. My weight fluctuates greatly, usually lining up with prioritizing myself (I’m awful at it, very pour from an empty cup and then lose my **** because I feel I’ve kept pouring and no one else has bothered to refill me).

I have a very dominant personality, & definitely had more masculine aspects when I was younger. I married a very quiet Cancer sun, Aquarius Moon, Pisces rising & have 3 young boys.

Thank you so much for all of this, it hurts my very sensitive spouse so much when I go through these flares and he feels helpless & I have had therapy a lot over the last 15 years, I just want to figure out how to ease my issues on him. He doesn’t deserve my bullsh*t.

Emmalena

The most interesting for me- astrologically - would be - when exact- has the eating disorder started - and what happened around you in your life that time ?

As my opinion ist - nothing comes from nothing- and body, spirit and soul always work close together - and what one part is not able to do at a certain time - another part takes over for a while - to keep one staying balanced.

It started around my Saturn 1st waxing square, oddly enough. A lot of my issues come from growing up, for sure. From a mother with similar food issues (contracting and expanding frequently and quickly, which I also do), but I was also a young gymnast and dancer when it first started and that certainly didn’t help my Virgo “stage mother”‘s general attitude toward me. She was constantly telling me I was wasting my life and talent not doing more, being thinner or wanting fame (which does not interest me, I’d rather live barefoot in nature and no cell service)

Superman

Hello. I’m looking for insight and truly grateful for any understanding here. My disordered eating (anorexia) seems to flare. I just today learned about Ceres (mines in Pisces, & oddly enough Catherine of Siena was my Patron Saint).

Last year (2020), I lose 70 lbs in 3.5 months (no, I did not have any surgery). I want to understand why these “flare ups” happen, so I can try and mitigate them when they come. I’m genuinely grateful for any insight into well…anything. My mom died 6 months ago, she was not a kind woman, & it’s really brought a lot of turmoil.

https://astro.cafeastrology.com/graphic.php?type=24&x=1200&y=1600&index=172433312&lang=en

(Hopefully I did the Link right, I was born 8/24/88 at 1:50 am in St. Louis, MO)

Emmalena, Anorexia has to do with the Cancer rising (4-deg) And:

A weak riser-ruler (Moon)
(!)

Thus, watch out: Since last year was Saturn on Moon, you probably lost your emotions somehow, last year...

(maybe sth. else...)

Check it.

Also: love your Chart! ..

Neptune in the 7th must be great?! Vision must be there...

Superman visionary

Emmalena

Emmalena, Anorexia has to do with the Cancer rising (4-deg) And:

A weak riser-ruler (Moon)
(!)

Thus, watch out: Since last year was Saturn on Moon, you probably lost your emotions somehow, last year...

(maybe sth. else...)

Check it.

Also: love your Chart! ..

Neptune in the 7th must be great?! Vision must be there...

Superman visionary

Really, I had no idea that was a cancer rising trait (a good friend and I have an almost identical chart, though born many years apart, she also has food issues).

Definitely lost my emotions last year (had a baby in a pandemic, gave birth alone while my spouse was civilian deployed, parent died, etc etc).

You’re so sweet. I def do not know the concept of a ceiling or think most anything is impossible, probably to my detriment often.

I appreciate your insight so much, my friend will be interested too.