The Part of Hidden Identity

ALRESCHA

I beg your pardon, but, there is no snake.

How can you ever achieve अहूँ if your mind doesn't perceive the words well?

A great poet once wrote:

Is it true what's written in Kalevala:
The hand that provides is always above the hand that receives?
Is it true what they say in Basra:
Love is like a shadow,
If you run after it you will never catch up with it,
If you turn your back on it, it will follow you?

and then he explained:

Love is like strength: the more you use it, the more you’ll have it.

If you pull the rope, the bull sits and the magic is: it doesn't know why. Once you relinquish passion (attachment in my case), the bull follows. One must understand how the Buddha mind and the animal nature are the same.

Haven't you ever tried to contact any Arabic Astrologers? They have the list of the parts, they have the explanations. They still keep this ancient knowledge and it is a regular practice in the East for the people to go to their imam to have them read when to do what?

Last edited:

piercethevale

I beg your pardon, but, there is no snake.

How can you ever achieve अहूँ if your mind doesn't perceive the words well?

A great poet once wrote:

Is it true what's written in Kalevala:
The hand that provides is always above the hand that receives?
Is it true what they say in Basra:
Love is like a shadow,
If you run after it you will never catch up with it,
If you turn your back on it, it will follow you?

and then he explained:

Love is like strength: the more you use it, the more you’ll have it.

If you pull the rope, the bull sits and the magic is: it doesn't know why. Once you relinquish passion (attachment in my case), the bull follows. One must understand how the Buddha mind and the animal nature are the same.

Haven't you ever tried to contact any Arabic Astrologers? They have the list of the parts, they have the explanations. They still keep this ancient knowledge and it is a regular practice in the East for the people to go to their imam to have them read when to do what?

The snake is allegorical, the saying an aphorism.
What I wrote is in agreement, or confirmation, of your statement, or observation that perhaps you are trying to rush along your spiritual progress too quickly as given by a renowned and celebrated yogi of the Sanatan Dharm and disciple of a very beloved and respected Guru.

Is English a second language to you, as you seem unable to grasp some manners of speech, some of the colloquialisms and idioms, for two examples, that we Americans will often use?

I have no need to contact any astrologers, period. The lessons come when I need them. My mid haven and Part of Fortune share the same sign and degree, the 25th degree of Leo. As the M.C. is the "HOW" of a spiritually interpreted chart axis, and the Part of Fortune gives symbolic indication as how to best produce the most fortunate circumstances and, or conditions, to achieve my destiny, accomplish my dharma to do my sadhana the best manner to facilitate the most fortunate conditions to from which to proceed as to ''HOW"
To have ones Part of Fortune conjunct their mid have is considered to be among the most auspicious of signs to find on a natal chart as the method and the means are one and the same.

The symbolism for the 25th degree of Leo is by Rudhyar's analysis and estimation said to be: [ibid.]

"LEO 25°: A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

KEYNOTE:
Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.

The camel here represents a living organism that is able to sustain itself independently of its environment at the start of a trying journey. (The original formulation of the symbol did not refer to 'a man on camel back'.) The organism carries within itself what is absolutely needed for survival. At the deeper human level 'of consciousness it is easy to see the value of self-reliance and self-sufficiency as one enters the occult Path leading to a more dynamic and more inclusive realm of existence.

The camel carries water within its body, and it is said that the dromedary is able to utilize the matter stored in its large protuberance as food. The suggestion here is that in order to be released from bondage to the 'old world' we should be completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face 'the desert', nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the 'new world'. We need
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE. "

As you can see, I was born to find my own way, when I see truth I know it, I can recognize what works and what doesn't and I'm not bound to any tradition in so that I have to honor it.

Astrological knowledge, technique and understanding had become terribly corrupted hundreds of years before the Arabs were even introduced to the subject. Most that recognize its corruption agree that it happened even before the Hellenic period of Greece. I say it happened even long before then. The Arabs studies and influences were mostly limited to the eighth and ninth century when they overran the ancient remnants of the Byzantine Empire which existed almost entirely during the time known as the "Dark Ages" when humankinds' knowledge and achievements were at their lowest measure and output in all of known recorded history.

By then the ancient astrological knowledge that was still mostly intact and uncorrupted during the peak of Egyptian and Babylonian culture had been fragmented and mixed with practices from many cultures far more ancient, Chaldean, Mesopotamian, Assyrian, Hermetic, Magian, Vedic, Aristotelian that were corrupted or partially lost when those civilizations were overrun which the Greek, Alexander was mostly responsible for and the Arabs got a great deal as to what Alexander left as a legacy from the Byzantines but Alexander was a very corrupting influence, though few recognize it. His first edict upon conquering any civilization or empire was "Abolish the Sun Cults and kill all of its priests."
The Sabian Symbol for the 20th degree of Leo is one of Zuni Indians Performing Sun Rites. From the ancient Sun Cults came the greatest knowledge of how the Spiritual and Astrological knowledge were one.
Sigmund Freud identified the Hebrews as being that of the old Aton religion of ancient Egypt and Edgar Cayce in turn said that the Aton belief system and knowledge came to Egypt with the sinking of the last remnants of Atlantis due to the actions of the Atlanteans that practiced a different belief system than that of the Aton. they were know as the Sons of Belial and it was because of they're actions that God destroyed Atlantis and scattered what was left of its people. Those of the believers and followers,the faithful of the Aton went into Egypt, this is one reason why the Tanakh is called by some Jews today as "The Big Book Of Hebrew Astrology", because it actually is to a Rabbi practiced in the use of the Kabbalah and knows how to interpret and extract that information.

The the Arabs took many of the sciences they found in the countries they overran and had the foresight to recognize the value of knowledge and continued on with what fragment s of these studies they had to work with.
It was the Arabs during the middle of the Dark Ages that linked together India and Europe, mostly through Spain but they used Horary astrology almost exclusively, the few recognized authorities they had, Albumassar [ninth century] his teacher Al-Kindi, whom translated Aristotle into Arabic and al-Biruni [tenth and eleventh century] whom was a Moslem but is said to have been of Zoroastrian or Magian ancestry out of Persia did travel extensively to study math and astrology in India but is said to have demonstrated very little understanding of what he saw and extensively recorded and wrote on.

That those three renowned Arabs left as their legacy is what became modern western astrology since being spread in Europe in the 13th - 14th century but was then further corrupted, or at the least stymied from making any growth or advances by the "Humanists" in Europe that had become so influential by the mid 15th century.

This is the same Astrology that is prevalent in the Occidental world presently and that I've been trying to rectify for the last 32 years...

That's why I really would rather not consult any current Arab astrologers nt to mention that my chart I produced and contend is the natal birth chart of the man from Nazareth disproves some of Mohammed's allegations that he was nothing more than a prophet. In fact it kind of blows them out of the water so to speak and thus I doubt if we would get along in the first place as to this subject of astrology. Other than that the few Moslem friends I have and I get along just fine... we just don't discuss religion or astrology when we get together.

ALRESCHA

OK...

I was just asking if it ever crossed your mind to try to fetch the list of the known parts from them.

Not only that I do understand what you say, and please forgive my poor English (and bare in mind that my cultural background had me develop a different sense of humor), but I can see your bone marrow. I hope that you understand. :)

This is so not the right thing to do, :D since your MC occupies the placement, but I shall say that, you may be 150 years old, spiritually, you are merely a child to my eyes. :happy: I am not hostile, I rather like you. :)

If I said that I value my independence in learning, I would have gotten attacked. I believe that I should withdraw, a TrMoon square to my natal Moon is coming.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

OK...

I was just asking if it ever crossed your mind to try to fetch the list of the known parts from them.

Not only that I do understand what you say, and please forgive my poor English (and bare in mind that my cultural background had me develop a different sense of humor), but I can see your bone marrow. I hope that you understand. :)

This is so not the right thing to do, :D since your MC occupies the placement, but I shall say that, you may be 150 years old, spiritually, you are merely a child to my eyes. :happy: I am not hostile, I rather like you. :)

If I said that I value my independence in learning, I would have gotten attacked. I believe that I should withdraw, a TrMoon square to my natal Moon is coming.

Theres a large list of known parts in the forum from various sources.

You misjudge piercethevale if you believe you would be attacked for stating that you value independent thinking. He's always encouraged free thinking in the pursuit of truth. It wasnt until i sincerely asked the universe to be shown, more clearly, the truth, that i met piercethevale. That is no coincidence. Read any of his threads and you will understand that he is a huge supporter of earnest truth seeking.

We are all children in Gods eyes :)

ALRESCHA

edit:

We are!

I can't speak English so things come out wrong. What I meant was that I see no obstacle in achieving the greatest spiritual potential, but I tend to skip every step to the last (I want to erase the bull, but the bull is still there, I just choose not to see it, and then it wonders away). So, even though ptv is very spiritual, I am far more spiritual, so I have what it takes :)

'There is no snake has many meanings' :D

I lost my connection to this world at a very young age. Probably never had it, and my chart says I should pay attention to both sides: the here and the hereafter. :) No wonder I chose this username. :)

I know, I didn't think he would attack me, I read his posts regularly, I didn't misjudge him, he does not attack, he defends.

I wasn't talking about him, I was just saying how it goes for me. :crying:

I'll continue to read and study :)

Last edited:

theV

PHASE 233 (SCORPIO 23°): A RABBIT METAMORPHOSES INTO A NATURE SPIRIT.

KEYNOTE: The raising of animal drives to a higher level.
The rabbit is traditionally a symbol of an overabundance of progeny, thus of a great stress on procreative and sexual processes. "Nature spirits," on the other hand, represent the higher aspect of life energies, as they are said to guide those normally invisible forces controlling the growth of all living organisms, particularly in the vegetable kingdom. Thus the symbol refers to the transmutation of the generative power into a more ethereal and subtle form of potency.

This is the third symbol in the forty-seventh sequence. It brings a new dimension to the preceding two. Whether it is the sexual desire for a progeny, or aggressiveness, the instinctual urge can be raised to a new level. The course can become subtle through a process of TRANSUBSTANTIATION.

haidee

Quick question coming from a low-level novice in Astrology. A bit reluctant to ask because of that, but this thread caught my attention, and since I usually collect random information I'm a bit lost.
Anyway, since modern Astrology already is a "map of psychological being" and the 12th house is the house of the Unconscious and traits "hidden" from the public view, I'm associating the "hidden identity" with the 12th house, so what's the difference between this and The Part of Hidden Identity?

Also, apologies if this has already been explained. I should probably practice my reading skills.

piercethevale

Quick question coming from a low-level novice in Astrology. A bit reluctant to ask because of that, but this thread caught my attention, and since I usually collect random information I'm a bit lost.
Anyway, since modern Astrology already is a "map of psychological being" and the 12th house is the house of the Unconscious and traits "hidden" from the public view, I'm associating the "hidden identity" with the 12th house, so what's the difference between this and The Part of Hidden Identity?

Also, apologies if this has already been explained. I should probably practice my reading skills.

I don't subscribe to the "Traditional" views concerning the Houses.
They have the planetary rulerships all askew, in my humble but much studied opinion.
The Parts are symbolically active... derive what yours is and I'll look it over and see if I can't help you understand some of it.

piercethevale

"Modern Astrology" aka Natal Astrology is about the psychology being...and much more.
Just keep in mind that the likelihood of anyone having an accurate time and place recorded for their birth prior to the late 19th century, and in the majority of instances prior to the Second World War, was practically nil.

Thus how one was accurately assessing any thing pertaining to natal until the last 70 years... and for the first 40, or so, years of that time period... they were using mostly "old, and for the most part erroneous, "Traditional Astrology" techniques which were almost entirely sourced from Horary and mundane astrological endeavors.

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

The twelfth house cusp represents the answer to the biggest problem facing the world, as the native sees it..

Very different from the part of hidden identity which is spot on imho, per its representation... Hidden identity and oration

duenderoja

My part of hidden identity is Taurus 18° 31'. Thus Taurus 19°.

PHASE 49 (TAURUS 19°): A NEW CONTINENT RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN.

KEYNOTE: The surge of new potentiality after the crisis.

The symbol need hardly be commented upon. When the mind has been emptied and light has been called upon to purify the consciousness freed from its attachment and contaminations, a new release of life can emerge out of the infinite Ocean of potentiality, the Virgin SPACE. What will it be used for?

Because this is a fourth stage symbol we find in it a suggestion of how to approach whatever new phase of life has been not only hoped for, but actually confirmed. The "technique" is simply to allow the infinite Potential to operate in unconstrained SPONTANEITY. This means to have reached a state in which the conscious, rational ego is no longer a controlling factor.

This has a lot of relevance in my spiritual walk.

As a child, I had an exceptionally large ego. Now that I am more experienced, I have sought detachment [buddhist theory] and have actually felt my ethereal body buzzing. With more work I will certainly advance farther, but for now, I am focused elsewhere [distracted].

Last edited:

piercethevale

My part of hidden identity is Taurus 18° 31'. Thus Taurus 19°.

PHASE 49 (TAURUS 19°): A NEW CONTINENT RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN.

KEYNOTE: The surge of new potentiality after the crisis.

The symbol need hardly be commented upon. When the mind has been emptied and light has been called upon to purify the consciousness freed from its attachment and contaminations, a new release of life can emerge out of the infinite Ocean of potentiality, the Virgin SPACE. What will it be used for?

Because this is a fourth stage symbol we find in it a suggestion of how to approach whatever new phase of life has been not only hoped for, but actually confirmed. The "technique" is simply to allow the infinite Potential to operate in unconstrained SPONTANEITY. This means to have reached a state in which the conscious, rational ego is no longer a controlling factor.

This has a lot of relevance in my spiritual walk.

As a child, I had an exceptionally large ego. Now that I am more experienced, I have sought detachment [buddhist theory] and have actually felt my ethereal body buzzing. With more work I will certainly advance farther, but for now, I am focused elsewhere [distracted].

Considering what I've seen of your natal chart this evening...
It Fits You...to a "T"

haidee

I don't subscribe to the "Traditional" views concerning the Houses.
They have the planetary rulerships all askew, in my humble but much studied opinion.
The Parts are symbolically active... derive what yours is and I'll look it over and see if I can't help you understand some of it.

The twelfth house cusp represents the answer to the biggest problem facing the world, as the native sees it..

Very different from the part of hidden identity which is spot on imho, per its representation... Hidden identity and oration

Thanks for the reply. I must've overlooked the "oration" part. :pinched:
Correct me if I'm wrong, English is a second language of mine. I know 'oration' means speech, but it's also something that's planned in advance - which is why the Hidden Identity is also Oration?

I used the calculator suggested in post #8.
Arabic Part = Libra 22°21''
Rounding up that'd be Libra 23° (?)

PHASE 203 (LIBRA 23°): CHANTICLEER'S VOICE HERALDS SUNRISE.

KEYNOTE: A creative and joyous response to life processes.

The cock that crows as the first coloring of dawn appears at the eastern horizon is a beautiful symbol of the ability, demonstrated by all pioneers and cosmically attuned individuals, to give voice to what is as yet unmanifested, but is on the way to manifestation. At the ego level, chanticleer may feel that he makes the sun rise; but someday he will learn through painful experiences that to create is only to reveal what essentially is. It is the vivid recognition of the as-yet-unknown in the known.

This third stage symbol should make us think afresh about issues we too often take for granted. At every "sunrise" there are a few isolated witnesses that herald the coming of a new day. What is at stake here is the individual's capacity of RESPONSE TO LIFE'S RENEWALS — renewals which are cyclic, predictable, yet always new, always creative.

-------------------

Perhaps it's difficult for me to relate to it, since I'm still young and haven't gone through a lot like other members of this forum.
However, when I read this my first thought was that the cock, the rooster, is the animal that brings the news of the sunrise to the rest of the animals on the farm. That must be Mercury-related, right? Mercury is also my Almuten.
The rest I'm not sure what would mean. Seems like I'll be working on my ego and go through a painful experience to make me realise that.

Phoenix Venus

Correct me if I'm wrong, English is a second language of mine. I know 'oration' means speech, but it's also something that's planned in advance - which is why the Hidden Identity is also Oration?

The cock that crows as the first coloring of dawn appears at the eastern horizon is a beautiful symbol of the ability, demonstrated by all pioneers and cosmically attuned individuals, to give voice to what is as yet unmanifested, but is on the way to manifestation. At the ego level, chanticleer may feel that he makes the sun rise; but someday he will learn through painful experiences that to create is only to reveal what essentially is. It is the vivid recognition of the as-yet-unknown in the known.

This third stage symbol should make us think afresh about issues we too often take for granted. At every "sunrise" there are a few isolated witnesses that herald the coming of a new day. What is at stake here is the individual's capacity of RESPONSE TO LIFE'S RENEWALS — renewals which are cyclic, predictable, yet always new, always creative.

-------------------

Perhaps it's difficult for me to relate to it, since I'm still young and haven't gone through a lot like other members of this forum.
However, when I read this my first thought was that the cock, the rooster, is the animal that brings the news of the sunrise to the rest of the animals on the farm. That must be Mercury-related, right? Mercury is also my Almuten.
The rest I'm not sure what would mean. Seems like I'll be working on my ego and go through a painful experience to make me realise that.

Well the hidden identity is something that is often hidden from the person themself for at least a portion of the life. It has the POTENTIAL to be a topic of oration for people. This is usually because whats hidden from ones own soul is deep within.. Ready to emerge, and when it does emerge, creates a strong response within the person. So they are often inspired to share this aspect of themselves with others... Its all about the great spiritual experience of finding the uniqueness within.

In your case, it has to do with creative manifestation and the announcing of what is to come... It might deal with some untapped creative talents... Projecting your positivity into the future.. And because it talks about the ability to forsee what is yet ahead (the vivid recognition of the as-yet-unknown in the known...) it might even deal with your ability to use astrology to forsee future events... Or some form of divination... (forum member piercethevale has used his unique brand of astrology to predict quite a few usa events with renowned accuracy.. His natal saturn is in this same sign and degree of the zoduac as your part of hidden identity. If you stick with us around these parts of the forum.. You might be predicting in no time!!)Time will tell as you gain life experience and a deeper understanding of your spiritual journey in life. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

haidee

It certainly did! :happy:
I've been on this forum for almost an year now which is surprising to me. It doesn't seem like a long time, but my interest in things usually fade quickly. I always find something new and interesting whenever I return to study astrology, so I'll stick around for sure, even if I'm just lurking through different threads... I doubt I'll be an Astrologer, but I can see Astrology as a tool that I can use in the future. (Or have it a serious hobby of mine)
All right, rambling over, I don't want to mess up a good thread.
Thank you so much! I appreciate your replies. :joyful:

piercethevale

Well the hidden identity is something that is often hidden from the person themself for at least a portion of the life. It has the POTENTIAL to be a topic of oration for people. This is usually because whats hidden from ones own soul is deep within.. Ready to emerge, and when it does emerge, creates a strong response within the person. So they are often inspired to share this aspect of themselves with others... Its all about the great spiritual experience of finding the uniqueness within.

In your case, it has to do with creative manifestation and the announcing of what is to come... It might deal with some untapped creative talents... Projecting your positivity into the future.. And because it talks about the ability to forsee what is yet ahead (the vivid recognition of the as-yet-unknown in the known...) it might even deal with your ability to use astrology to forsee future events... Or some form of divination... (forum member piercethevale has used his unique brand of astrology to predict quite a few usa events with renowned accuracy.. His natal saturn is in this same sign and degree of the zoduac as your part of hidden identity. If you stick with us around these parts of the forum.. You might be predicting in no time!!)Time will tell as you gain life experience and a deeper understanding of your spiritual journey in life. Hope this helps :)

OUTSTANDING EXPLANATION, P.V.
YOU HAVE GOT MAD SKILLS AT THIS...YOU CERTAINLY DO.

I'm just so impressed here that the post I was about to make seems so woefully inadequate now.

piercethevale

-------------------

Oration is not necessarily something planned in advance... it is more of an important speech and it can be straight from the heart, mind or Soul...
The 23rd degree of Libra just so happens to be my natal Saturns' position thus I know that Sabian Symbol all too well.

Interestingly I started doing Sun Pujas, Surya Shlokas, and the sort about 15 years ago...they have quite literally transformed my life and have given me health, vitality, and brought me closer to God.

I'm up right at the crack of Dawn each and every day Heralding in the New Sunrise...

1 OM Mitraya namah (The friend of all)
2 OM Ravaye namah (Praised by all)
3 OM Suryaya namah (The guide of all)
4 OM Bhanave namah (The bestower of beauty)
5 OM Khagaya namah (Stimulator of the senses)
6 OM Pushne namah (The nourisher of all)
7 OM Hiranyagarbhaya namah (The creator)
8 OM Marichaye namah (Destroyer of disease)
9 OM Adityaya namah (The inspirer)
10 OM Savitre namah (The purifier)
11 OM Arkaya namah (The radiant)

12 OM Bhaskaraya namah (The illuminator) OM

The 12 Names of Surya Bhagavan - the Sun God, which are associated with the Surya Namaskars or the salutations to the Sun God. Each name corresponds to one particular posture or salutation. There are numerous benefits of performing Surya Namaskar which includes heart, liver, intestine, stomach, throat, chest and legs. By these dynamic exercises, every part of the body is nourished; the impurities are expelled.It is said that, it is greatly beneficial to do Surya Namaskars, in the open air. The benefits are greatly amplified when performed during sunrise, facing the sun.

The two Surya Shlokas I do each day finishing with the 12 names of the Sun>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoI9v_NKmU4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMzbn-79KdU

Phoenix Venus

OUTSTANDING EXPLANATION, P.V.
YOU HAVE GOT MAD SKILLS AT THIS...YOU CERTAINLY DO.

I'm just so impressed here that the post I was about to make seems so woefully inadequate now.

Thanks :) But thank you for sharing those sun rites. Praise to the King first and foremost and everything else will fall in place.

Everyone put on your sun block and bonnets now.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

I have this part in 3°33' Gemini, and the Sabian Symbol of my part of hidden identity is:
GEMINI 4: HOLLY AND MISTLETOE
In this instance, Druids used mistletoe to celebrate the coming of winter, and Christians use holly to decorate the house for Christmas, so for me, I'm the mistletoe (Radical Anarchist Christian Astrologer) and my family is the holly (Evangelical Christian Conservative YEC), and I'm feeling like I'm a hidden astrologer/Pagan, Wicca in my family, and so I want to leave my family ASAP when I'll be 18 years old to escape their conservative tactics to manipulate me into believing that Earth is 6000 year old.

sdh3

I have this part in 3°33' Gemini, and the Sabian Symbol of my part of hidden identity is:
GEMINI 4: HOLLY AND MISTLETOE
In this instance, Druids used mistletoe to celebrate the coming of winter, and Christians use holly to decorate the house for Christmas, so for me, I'm the mistletoe (Radical Anarchist Christian Astrologer) and my family is the holly (Evangelical Christian Conservative YEC), and I'm feeling like I'm a hidden astrologer/Pagan, Wicca in my family, and so I want to leave my family ASAP when I'll be 18 years old to escape their conservative tactics to manipulate me into believing that Earth is 6000 year old.
That's my Nadir. I know this symbol well :) Interestingly, in my work correlating the Sabian Symbols to films and stories, I find this one related to the film "Green Fingers." It's about "a prison inmate with a green thumb goes on to compete in a national gardening competition. Based on a true story."