Invention - When did we Stop?

byjove

Account Closed
The Single Greatest Inventions Ever - When did we Stop? Uranus Cycles?

Has there been any great invention since the Internet?

Consider this list:

1804 - Steam Railway
1876 - Telephone
1878 - Light bulb
1903 - Aeroplane
1928 - Television, penicillin
1981 - Space shuttle
1940 - Colour television
1990 - World Wide Web

This list is clearly not exhaustive. These technologies swiftly revolutionised the home, society and the world.

Uranus in Capricorn - 1988-1996
Uranus in Aquarius - 1996-2003
Uranus in Pisces - 2003-2010
Uranus in Aries - 2010-2019

The brief list of list of inventions appears to stop at 1990. If we're following the Uranus cycle, that's during the Capricorn transit, the structures of society. Why were inventions during the Aquarius transit so dull? I'm warmed to see big thinkers bring up this point, 'social web 2.0' a.k.a. Facebook, Spotify, Twitter etc. are not inventions on the same scale of revolution or as evident contributions to humans as the list at the top.

Economist Robert Gordon seems to agree. He poses the dilemma of having to choose all of the inventions up until the year 2003 or everything since. He presents this idea, because he also believes human inventions in recent times has been nothing short of dull. Mr. Gordon suggests that we don't take invention has seriously as we used to, such as through adequate investment, albeit he argues from his country's perspective financially.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Re: Invention - When did we Stop? Uranus Cycles

....These technologies revolutionised the home, society and the world. Steam railway connected people faster and over a greater distance than any transport before. People travelled, moved, visited, holidayed like never before.....

Economist Robert Gordon seems to agree. He poses the dilemma of having to choose all of the inventions up until the year 2003 or everything since. He presents this idea, because he also believes human inventions in recent times has been nothing short of dull. Mr. Gordon suggests that we don't take invention has seriously as we used to, such as through adequate investment, albeit he argues from his country's perspective financially.,,,,
The same inventions that revolutionized our lives simultaneously busily began polluting our environment!!

Motor vehicles are responsible for thousands of deaths in each city – remember that traffic pollution kills twice as many people as road accidents

Those who are not killed by traffic pollution are made ill. Respiratory disease is on the increase.

Factories and Industrial complexes release clouds of noxious fumes into the atmosphere

When a person is seriously ill the first thing they are given in an ambulance on the way to hospital is oxygen.

POSSIBLE REASON FOR LACK OF INVENTIONS!:

Lack of clean air compromises our ability to process information. Good air quality is essential for optimum brain activity/physical activity :smile:

Also many inventions are simply ignored/not implemented/not invested in

.... While vehicles that do not pollute the environment HAVE been invented and patented BUT remain 'on the drawing board'!

byjove

Account Closed
I fully agree on the damaging side of our inventivness, both to human (and animals) and the environment. It's tough at political level, because if one region or major country implements more stringent regulations on manufacturing and even heavy fines for rule-breakers, but other regions/countries don't, then business counts the cost of competitiveness in each base. That's of course not good enough reason to avoid facing the negative consequences of the inventivness either.

I did some research on our inventions over the last 200 years. The last 200 years, and particularly 150 years have been a boon for innovation. Is the World Wide Web our most recent 'great invention'? Invention, I think Uranus, but if we're talking about a period of time of 150-200 years, perhaps another outer planet is involved, one with much longer cycles? A Uranus-Neptune cycle might be interesting regarding science vs. religion.

Gododdin Votadini

I think a lot of inventions got suppressed, because of who would loose money. Also, I believe that a lot of inventions have been kept secret, and used, or are planning to be used for nefarious purposes.

JUPITERASC

I think a lot of inventions got suppressed, because of who would loose money. Also, I believe that a lot of inventions have been kept secret, and used, or are planning to be used for nefarious purposes.
Remember Nikola Tesla.... :smile:
Tesla marveled at the amounts of electricity flowing in the air and ground and dreamed the world would use the electricity readily available in the environment to power the civilizations of the future.

The problem with Tesla's ideas were that the energy systems he envisioned were free to all!!

His patents were stolen and his life work erased.

Edison took all the credit when Tesla overcame the limitations direct current (DC) delivery systems by use of now common alternating current (AC).

Nikola Tesla, inventor and humanitarian died in obscurity, his extraordinary achievements ignored and mostly airbrushed from History

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uiK_QnyrE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMhAIdqH0Cs&feature=related

Discussion: THE 'NIKOLA TESLA & FREE ENERGY' thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=323514#post323514

byjove

Account Closed
You know I did wonder was it just me here who believed this! :lol: Replies were so few lol.

I agree that quite a bit of invention has probably gone underground. If used for military purposes, where do we look in the sky? Uranus in Aries? Uranus - invention, Aries - war? Though, this began before Uranus moved into Aries I think, despite how fitting that transit is. I really don't think 'Facebook' and 'Twitter' are respectable inventions on the scale of the lightbulb, railway, aeroplane etc. Perhaps there is some good but I just don't see it. Uranus in Pisces prevailed when information spread to (almost) every person in the world via technology - technology liberating people, both in a personal sense - and in society I guess; the Middle East revolutions etc.

JUPITERASC

19-YEAR-OLD DEVELOPS OCEAN CLEANUP ARRAY THAT COULD REMOVE 7,250,000 TONS OF PLASTIC FROM THE WORLD'S OCEANS

by Timon Singh 03 March 2013
http://inhabitat.com/19-year-old-st...50000-tons-of-plastic-from-the-worlds-oceans/ :smile:

Ocean-Cleanup-Array-Boyan-Slat-537x405.jpg

JUPITERASC

Meanwhile sources of supply are clearly abundant for a particularly neat invention that takes a leaf from nature's book ... I kid you not! Too simple perhaps...

Urine Powers Electricity Generator Built By 4 Teen Nigerian Schoolgirls http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=447499#post447499

Clearly 'invention' never stopped. Instead we now are apparently ignoring invention
!
“...We came up with the idea sometime around September 2012 and we completed it in October 2012... 6 litres of urine can power a generator for 36 hours while I litre powers it for 6 hours. In our electrolytic cell, we have 6 litres capacity which can work for 36 hours. But it needs regular topping of urine because the urea will be getting more concentrated over time. So when you use one litre for six hours, it needs to be topped up. You don’t need to pour it out, just to top it...”

Although some are claiming that the idea is not original, their project supervisor, Oluseyi Lawal, disagrees :smile:

QUOTE:

“...It is a new concept entirely. What others have tried to do was to electrolyze urine but so far they have not been able to successfully perfect the system. Not only have we generated enough gases, we have been able to use it to power a generator. You can cross check all these facts from the internet. The idea of using gases from urine to power a generator was entirely ours....” http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/11/2...irls-who-developed-a-urine-powered-generator/

Seems an amusing story princess valhalla, I agree :smile: HOWEVER it is also a neat solution to providing cheap electrical energy to so-called "3rd world".... way things are going, West may also be advised to check out the idea as well

ptolomy

I think 3D printing or additional printing,Which is a refinement of the traditional 2D printer of the desktop pc with the addition of a CAD programme and Nylon polymers just about any 3D object.Even with moving parts can be produced in the place where it will be finally used negating production in far flung places and transportation costs being removed,Which i suspect could lead to production moving back to localised production zones close to consumer usage.3D wrenches:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmDz7Q9_h6c
At the moment the types of items being produced range from Wrenches to bicycles to cars to houses.An unfortunate likelihood of making houses with contour construction machines is that the traditional construction workers job will go to be replaced with different construction workers jobs,Probably more to do with CAD design and material deliveries to site etc.Not ideal for the traditional construction workers future but cheap easy houses for those of us who cannot afford a traditional house? House 3D:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnzfGP6sq4
I noticed another area where this form of manufacturing will cause big problems.People printing 3D guns:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA very problematic,I can imagine bad ideas like printing explosives like IED's becoming a new problem in the future and who knows what else?But i expect all new innovations have their opposite negatives,Its to be expected.

Inventions occur everyday but we are not always aware of them.

The internet as well as a free public education has permitted more people to be literate and have more opportunities than at any other time in history.

And while many nations are still in the middle ages when it comes to social justice, we still have equal rights for women and all ethnic classes, no slavery etc......things that existed while all the 'great ' inventions occurred.

Many diseases such as polio and small pox have almost been wiped out and the average man lives to 76 now and in 1900 he lived to 58. In Roman times he lived to about 40.

We have stem cell research on the horizon providing relief for many people with various illnesses.

American farmers produce enough food for 140 people where as in 1960 it was only 25. Leaving the farm means jobs in industry and service trades that are more productive, safer and more reliable.

The train was a tremendous leap forward, but it solved one problem.....transportation. The internet has provided tens of thousands of lateral advantages (education, online business, online education, email, social networking, instant news etc..)

I could go on, but sometimes change is not so obvious.
We are doing better than people give us credit for.
It is a great time to be alive.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
Interesting point about 3D printing. I've been following that recently, though perhaps for all the wrong reasons. That technology is getting a lot of negative press at the moment because of the replication of guns. Now that prints for replicating certain guns have been forcefully removed from the Internet, allegedly they are spreading to torrent sites which are far harder to stop.

With so many technologies, it seems to be a matter of time before we see how they are used to kill people. With 3D printing, we didn't have to wait any time at all. I think that presents some very serious challenges for the American culture particularly.

I wonder how 3D printing could be used in the medical industry for example.

As for the points above, I totally agree about the progress that was mentioned. I agree hands-down. But progress and invention aren't necessarily the same thing. I summarise everything listed as progress - but no great inventions in the last 20 years were listed. I'm talking about great inventions along the scale and magniturde of flight, steam railway etc.

Many of the things described aren't inventions, and some of them were aided by great inventions that came before them. My opening point was that invention on a great scale seems to have dried up. The economist that I linked to seems to agree (so I thought maybe I'm not alone in this) and he says the last great human invention was the Internet 20 years ago. Progress continues, but little in the way of great invention, from my perspective and without these great inventions, progress will slow.

Even worse, invention in the West will be hampered by the economic depression.

JUPITERASC

'Just a year ago, Singapore scientists from Nanyang Technological University invented a new toilet system that converts human waste into electricity and fertilisers :smile:

It will result in a complete recovery of resources. It also reduces the amount of water needed for flushing by up to 90 per cent compared to current toilet systems in Singapore
' http://www.messagetoeagle.com/pooelectricity.php

ptolomy

Hi JupiterAsc,Good to see you posting my friend:)
I agree that the toilet that creates electricity,But most important of all,Uses less water,Is a massive improvement.I think that attempts to reduce the amount of water that we use when we flush has been something that has been top of the list of developments to save water for decades.People have resorted to putting bricks in the cistern to reduce the amount of water used in a flush,But the toilet doesn't work very efficiently flushing it all away because it wasn't designed to work with reduced water.The trouble with reduced water is it doesn't remove fecal matter very well.So if someone could design a toilet that didn't use water at all and was efficient at removing faeces they would have a massive seller.The same would apply to a shower that didn't use water.Ive seen various Sci Fi ideas of 'Plasma Showers' which suggests some type of particle bombardment is a likely development.As a person trained as a 3d designer i've been trained to look for concepts that completely break the mould and try not to look for similar ideas as the original as you enforce unnecessary limitations on your design at an early stage that could potentially rule out an idea that is truly groundbreaking.
I believe that higher consciousness is behind truly new ideas and it releases these concepts at set intervals via countries that have these particular design skills and through the regular transits of mundane configurations like Jupiter/Uranus etc through people who are receptive to these transits,If people are thinking that they have not seen many new ideas recently it probably means we are due some very soon.Does any one remember about 4 or 5 years ago of talk about devices that could make military vehicles invisible to the naked eye?Strange how so many new ideas appear through military design 1st.In my opinion its to do with more money being put into designing for the military.

Last edited:

byjove

Account Closed
True about the military ^^ (though I wish it didn't have to come through the military). For me, I'm waiting for more advancements on invisibility and flying, personal vehicles. :wink: We have plenty more to see even in our time, I'm sure.

Phoenix Venus

I agree that it has more to do with suppression of inventions rather than lack of inventions. I've seen plenty of videos of homeade cars that run off of water, electricity that runs off of water... Free energy could be a very real possibility if not for suppression by those who wish to hold their wealth.

I think since pluto rules what is hidden/occult it might have to do in part with it's transit... it went into sag ( ideas/beleifs) in 1995 and then into caprciron (society) in 2008

Also, Neptune which rules deception, went into aqua (inventions) in 98 and pisces (collective mind) in 2011.

Maybe it is the combination of those two planets being in the societal signs...

Who knows.. I enjoyed reading this thread so thought i'd toss out a few ideas..

Last edited:

ptolomy

I agree with the 'Suppression' theory.I think there are enormous quantities of wonderful ideas out there that are being blocked by the corporate's with vested interest,The only time we see these great ideas otherwise is when its used by the military as it probably doesn't affect sales of traditional sales and also its absolutely necessary to use modern ideas for the military weaponry as its fatal to fall behind when the alleged enemy is not likely to let normal corporate sales be a problem in the way of military development.
Its interesting the mention by Byjove about the talk about the automatic gun parts made by additional printing,Its very common with new ideas in my opinion that the strength of the new thing can be seen in its negative use,All really useful things have a dangerous side to them which is commonly equal in power,and its common to see that negative very early on as the new concept is revealed and its possible applications are made conscious,a simple example of a new idea that would also have a negative use would be when man discovered the blade,He would immediately noticed that the blade could do enormous harm to others but at the same time the positive uses that it could be put to for mankind with responsible and careful use would also be enormous,The most recent example would be such things as nuclear fusion having very extreme positive and negative uses especially in Nuclear power and the bomb polarities.Or some might say GM has these extremes.
So i am definitely of the opinion that there are lots of amazing ideas out there that could potentially save mankind from its present dire circumstances if used correctly.

ptolomy

In Retrospect after writing Quote Myself:"Or some might say GM has these extremes." Im having a hard job trying to think of the positive of GM,All i can think of is the Negative such as Monsanto etc,But there has got to be a positive polar opposite.It just isn't coming to me at the moment,Maybe Genetic Knowledge without modifying the information is its opposite,If anyone can think of a positive opposite to GM please let me know,There's got to be something that is just as powerful by the law of equal and opposite.lol.

JUPITERASC

In Retrospect after writing Quote Myself:"Or some might say GM has these extremes." Im having a hard job trying to think of the positive of GM,All i can think of is the Negative such as Monsanto etc,But there has got to be a positive polar opposite.It just isn't coming to me at the moment,Maybe Genetic Knowledge without modifying the information is its opposite,If anyone can think of a positive opposite to GM please let me know,There's got to be something that is just as powerful by the law of equal and opposite.lol.
Problem with GM is that it is a pollutant because inevitably wind blows GM pollen onto land that has non-GM seed and contaminates the non-GM seed. Monsanto seed is GM engineered to withstand Monsanto pesticides whereas non-GM is not

Monsanto Challenged By Seventy Five Year Old Farmer In Supreme Court
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuORqchB4CE :smile: