Testing the ascendent with transits

byjove

Account Closed
Hi everyone,

I just received very important news which will have a huge impact on my life - good news- and I'm looking at my transits now and trying to verify accuracy of birth time and also what's involved in my chart connected to the news. The news first though, so it can be found in the chart...

I decided to make a phone call to my college. You see, I'm half-way through my degree, and for the next year I must study in Italy (I'm EXTREMELY excited, I love travel! :w00t::w00t:), but as soon as the recession kicked in, I couldn't continue...last September, during the Saturn/Uranus opposition, I decided to defer my course for this year to TRY and find work, and haven't found much, so I rang college to talk about it. I explained the financial difficulty is continuing and is there any help I can receive....they said yes, they WILL help...I can continue my degree - I'm going to study in Italy from this September!! I didn't call them about this last year because so MANY students need help...I didn't think I'd get that much help...but yes...!

So, my chart right now shoes, TR Mars retrograde in my 1st house, very close to the ASC and TR Moon just past my IC...I don't know exactly how to take it from there...I've just been reading through all the comments in the thread to refresh all the good advice given. So the 3 rule, I need to look for back-up now?

Last edited:
It's rather close call, do you identify with Cancer Asc or Leo? there is a huge difference, natal mercury is trine Asc. 29th march T Jupiter conj venus, 10th April T Uranus conj natal mercury.... 27/28th April T Uranus conj MC This suggests some sudden disruptions to plans at that time, N mercury is challenged with square to saturn and uranus, so lots of issues freedom v convention coming for you. Your MC is challenged by Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. I suspect plans being changed quite a lot around then, just hope it's not your plans for Italy ---

First week in July T Pluto forms a quincunx to natal mars in 11th of hopes, wishes and friendships and pluto is T 6th house of health. So watch your health and don't put yourself in any threatending situations around then either.

byjove

Account Closed
I hadn't looked that far Astrologer50, thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind, thank you. I've always identified better with Leo rising, but I do not trust my judgement on that. Sometimes I'm very self-aware, and other times that awareness seems to be gone, and people are surprised about that. I do have
serious pride issues; I never like to show a self-perceived 'weakness', though I thought that was the Moon/Venus square Saturn. I ALWAYS put my best foot forward, and first impression and general day-to-day impressions are of the highest importance. Hmm

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I notice I have a number of very significant transits lately, and I found another one today. The problem is, I just can't relate to them.

TR Uranus conjunct natal Mercury
TR Uranus conjunct MC
TR Uranus trine AC

TR Jupiter doing all of the above

Today TR Jupiter is exactly trine my AC. I just read the interpretation.
But where is it? Recognition? (looks around the room for a clue). Nope, nothing. Uranus and Jupiter TR the MC (like most angles) can mean travel, and travel is on the horizon. As some of you know, I'm going to be studying in another European country this Sept. onward. I'm starting to get exact dates on that now. But if I find another hugely important (or rare e.g. Uranus TR are once in a lifetime...) that I can't relate to, or is off, I'm going to just imaginatively invent a new birth time, because what I'm running on is off...

How do I make the best of this? When is enough, enough to alter birth time? I'm going to play with this rectification thing again...

---------I just noticed that for transits for Sept. 20th (D-Day) both Uranus and Jupiter will be conjunct, retro over my MC....that's exactly what I'm looking for isn't it? And the transits now are things moving into place?

Last edited:
---------I just noticed that for transits for Sept. 20th (D-Day) both Uranus and Jupiter will be conjunct, retro over my MC....that's exactly what I'm looking for isn't it? And the transits now are things moving into place?
Transits
I use--- 1° approaching, 1° exact and 1° departing. If you click on the link listed below for the online ephemeris it will list all planets at any given time. Learning astrology is like learning a new ‘language’ and obviously the more effort you put into something the more your knowledge and understanding will increase. All transits act as ‘background’ influences through a house, until it makes a mathematical aspect to a planet inside or an Angle.

For 'timings' I would look to the retrograde hit as the most important trigger, then look to see what the quicker planets are doing especially mars & mercury --

Now it's more important to focus on transits from Jupiter to Pluto (poss mars as this is the ignition key)and these planets when aspecting something in your natal chart 'set off' the difficult or nice 'aspects - potential - problems' that your chart expresses. By that I mean if a benefic planet like Jupiter hits/touches/transits your venus, mars or uranus these could be experienced very pleasantly. BUT if your natal venus is afflicted, or badly aspected say conj saturn then jupiter will not has such a good effect. It all depends on how the natal planet is 'aspected'

For me I would say external 'events' must be seen by transits, progressions or Solar arcs to Angles ie: Asc/Desc & MC/IC most other times these events are 'internal, psychological matters as in between the ears'

Now astro.com uses a much wider orb, possibly something like 5° or even 10° that’s why when you use the free transit forecast service a transit goes on for months and months. BUT common sense should tell you when the transit is ‘exact’ then it’s at the strongest. Some astrologers swear by 1° approaching produces ‘events’ some say the 1° exact, some say 1° off for triggering events. I personally look to the exact and 1° off for ‘timings’ especially the retrograde hit (backwards hit)

This last website link is rather nice because it gives interpretations of what the ‘Lord’ of the house cusp ruler means ie: T Jupiter sextiles natal sun, so wherever Leo rules in your chart is connected to the area this transit will be affecting –
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/transits/

byjove

Account Closed
Ta-dah! I'm on to something! I was involved in a struggle to achieve fairness in a situation a few months ago, and it was quite a hot situation, and I thought it's time to check out transiting Mars...well I had a look, and indeed Mars was very close to the AC. Now, the situation lasted around 4 weeks or so. But I had a look at roughly the start, when a fuse in my head exploded and I thought it's time to fight. Actually, there was a second problem around that time, regarding a faulty good and a scam seller, so I really took out the sword and shield around that time. :lol:

The time I put in was March 10 2010 and Mars was at 0 degrees Leo. I tried some solar arc again last night and found that a 1 degree Leo AC (and all the other chart points) was right on target with at least 4 major life events. Mars was also retro. back into Cancer at that time, and we know that the retro. hit is often the 'bang'. Plus, looking at aspects (conjunctions and trines) to the MC and AC, I 'know' that certain aspects represent me well. So I think I'm finally on to something!

I'll post more as I discover. I hope that this research proves useful who are in a similar situation! :love:

byjove

Account Closed
It's rather close call, do you identify with Cancer Asc or Leo? there is a huge difference, natal mercury is trine Asc. 29th march T Jupiter conj venus, 10th April T Uranus conj natal mercury.... 27/28th April T Uranus conj MC This suggests some sudden disruptions to plans at that time, N mercury is challenged with square to saturn and uranus, so lots of issues freedom v convention coming for you. Your MC is challenged by Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. I suspect plans being changed quite a lot around then, just hope it's not your plans for Italy ---

First week in July T Pluto forms a quincunx to natal mars in 11th of hopes, wishes and friendships and pluto is T 6th house of health. So watch your health and don't put yourself in any threatending situations around then either.

So far, the last few month of transits has seen plans stabilize and plans go ahead. I was watching the transiting Uranus conjunct natal Mercury and MC and researched months ago. People were suggesting since I'm packing my bags that I'm going with the flow of this influence. In fact, I've recently booked my plane tickets, and other big purchases necessary for studying abroad. If there are changes or disruptions, they're unknown to me.

So TR Mercury conjunct AC, progressed Moon conjunct CANCER AC, and Mars now TR my Moon...I have to say I've felt very delicate the last few days. I hate that! I'm usually firing on all cylinders! TR Mars is opposing my natal Venus and squaring natal Saturn, then square natal Uranus. My aim is to stay passive and DO NOT do damage during this time...

So TR Mars sitting on natal Moon. I'll watch 2nd and 3rd issues. So far, I've had an argument with my eldest sister...not explosive now but I was angry and upset. I did try to patch some of it up yesterday to little avail. I'll see my other sister today and I'm sure this will come up because we planned for a long time to go out to an event tonight and one pulled out... This looks like 3rd house, which would be another Mars event affecting siblings. Whichever house system, perhaps with an AC out by a couple of degrees, this looks like 3rd house stuff. Well at least there's some consistency. :tongue:

Last edited: