Asteroid - Orcus - Can someone who knows about this shed some light?

moonwillow

I do not know how relevant this one (Orcus ) is, maybe it is or not, there have been a lot of contention about Juno and Pallas and its relevance, although Chiron, Lillith and others are discussed in great length, I am going to take a gander and ask this question:

what is the value, relevance or the meaning of Orcus in a birthchart.

According to the astro.com - extended chart

I not only have Venus and mars in the eighth house, but I have Node in Cancer in the eighth house and also Orcus in cancer in the eighth house.

I have done research about Orcus and the best site I have is the link below because it also shows Orcus's orbit and its relation to Pluto. From an astronomical viewpoint, well, its just plain COOL!

Astrologically speaking, I am not certain about its relevance. I mean, I am still trying to figure out Lillith and its value! http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_lilith_e.htm

Chiron is an asteroid and so is Juno and Pallas
Some poopoo Juno and Pallas, some do not and actually do incorporate it into the chart. Not that it matters or should have any relevance, but mine happens to be in Scorpio

It seems like Chiron is pretty much accepted by most!

If anyone at all knows something about Orcus however, I would love and appreciate for you to share with me.

Waybread, if you are reading this, I have come to value your opinion, do you have insight to this?

http://www.lunarplanner.com/asteroids-dwarfplanets/Orcus-Pluto.html

http://www.thegreenduck.com/ka/NewPlanets/Orcus.shtml

thanks in advance
Moonwillow

Pallas-trine-Mars

I'd love to use Orcus more, if only we didn't "already have one" (Pluto), or maybe I'm not being fair...

BTW isn't Orcus a "dwarf planet", not an asteroid?

Last edited:

moonwillow

Thank you both for responding, yes, pallas-trine-mars, you are right, it is a dwarf planet, doesn't that up its importance....maybe not,

there is not a whole lot written about it though, even if it is an option when drawing a chart in Astro.com

Was just curious.....thanks again

Moonwillow

filly

Orcus in my chart is conjunct my Moon conjunct Mc in Cancer.

Quote:

Perhaps some of the rest of the underworld god myth is at work here. For instance, one theory I've been seriously exploring is that Orcus, when handled constructively, governs accessing and bringing forward the spiritual wealth from the core of one's being. That isn't necessarily dramatic but it is profound. And it is not inconsistent with the charts I've seen over the past year or so.

My aim in life always was to become a better person from the core. But that might be explained by other aspects in the chart. For example, my idealistic and spiritual Mars in Pisces trines my Moon/MC Cancer (conj Orcus).
Anyway, in time these minor objects studied further and gathered enough consistency to their effects might "supplant" or reinforce some of the Aspects.
For example instead of acknowledge that by looking at my Mars vs Moon vs Mc, one could spot it right way just by looking at the Orcus conjunction.

theV

Orcus said to be a demon like-an ogre- more than a human figure as the other gods. He is the son of Eris so there is link to his disruptive energy and his mothers.

rahu

Banned
orcus and pluto are twins . they have nearly identical periods of revolution, they are at the same distance to the sun and both have nearly identical eccentric obits both moving from about 18 degree north to south of the ecliptic. they both have very similar moons that are very large in comparison to the planet .and their pattern of moons overall show they are a result of collisions. they both are in resonance with Neptune. search for a website that shows the connections of orcus ,pluto and Neptune. both cross the orbit of Neptune and it seems likely that at some point in time orcus and pluto may have been a single planet that collided with Neptune(my theory)
their similarity is amazing.
astrologically the effects of orcus are nearly identical as pluto.

rahu

theV

Orcus is very very strong in my midpoint configuration.

Pluto square Sun/Orcus Midpoint
Orcus opposite Sun/Mars
Orcus opposite Venus/Mars
Mc conjunct Orcus/Ascendant
Sun opposite Moon/Orcus
Sun conjunct chiron/orcus.

they are alot honestly.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
on the subject of pluto....
http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2015...-like-earths-just-released-video-2493792.html

NASA: Blue Skies On Pluto, Its Atmosphere is BLUE!!! Just Like Earth’s / Just Released

Scientists just got a first glimpse at the color of Pluto’s atmosphere, and it’s unlike anything they expected
The growling list of mysteries surrounding Pluto just got longer. On Oct. 8, NASA released the first color photo of Pluto’s atmosphere, and the shade they saw was anything but expected:
It’s BLUE! Just like Earth’s.
Even with the release of this photo, scientists are flabbergasted. Pluto’s atmosphere extends to about 1,000 miles above its surface — higher than Earth’s atmosphere and much further than scientists could have ever anticipated.

rahu

theV

Donald trump has orcus conjunct sun opposite moon. He also have pluto parallel the sun contra parallel the moon I think or vice versa

aldebaran

Pluto and Orcus have similar - though opposite - strong Scorpio energies.

Pluto changes it, Orcus keeps it.

Pluto was the one that didn't accept compromises - except once with Demeter. Orcus was the keeper of any compromise.

iauiugu

like with most asteroids/dwarf planets, it's far too early to shed any real 'light' on orcus yet, but given its parallels to pluto i'd speculate it shares some of its energies in some form.

asteroids and dwarf planets may represent a completely different way of practicing astrology. maybe there's a hierarchy of importance, maybe multiple bodies are dividing a single archetype, while tradition planets hold them on their own. who knows?

AtlanticPacific

Thanks to all who've shared info, and I must say, I'm intrigued by Orcus. Recently discovered that it is tightly conjunct Lilith in my natal chart at 0 deg Leo in the 6th H, also conjunct my Moon and squaring my Sun. Don't think it'll be one of my go-tos when pulling a chart as it's still a big question mark for me, but it is certainly on my radar..

snowcat

Orcus said to be a demon like-an ogre- more than a human figure as the other gods. He is the son of Eris so there is link to his disruptive energy and his mothers.

Yeah, this sounds about right. He is depicted as a bearded wild man / giant, swallowing oath breakers, and apparently sometimes gobbling children.

CG Jung uses the the term "born of Orcus" and "black streams of mud" to describe seven hundred and thirty-four pages of Ulysses by James Joyce, not altogether separate from ramblings of an insane person of an uncommon sort. Something like that.

Lovely.

snowcat

it's like a black hole

helen keller has it in the 3rd house

I have it rising. bad dna.

Jim

I wish I knew what to think about Orcus.

Helen Keller is a name I've heard before. I think I saw a documentary or series about her. It is the name of someone quite amazing. She triumphed above all odds and became a world-famous idol. She could tell which person was walking by from the vibrations their footsteps would make. The age and sex of the person were identified by how strong and continuous the steps were. She was the first deaf-blind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree, and she was a prolific writer, and much more.