Death of My Sister

sethi

Hello everyone,

My sister died on 6 January 2014.

Either I am not looking too clearly at the chart, or I have forgotten how to.

Please have a look at the chart and let me know what the indications are / were pointing out to the death of my sister.

Thanks to everyone in advance for taking time out to look at the chart.

Regards

Attachments

• Natal Chart and transits for 6 January 2014.jpg
    Natal Chart and transits for 6 January 2014.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 145

dr. farr

One observation: 3rd house (whole sign) = Aquarius, is usually taken as significator for brothers and sisters; so, taking the lord of the 3rd house, Saturn, as significator for sister, Saturn is transiting your 12th natal house (house of sorrow, losses, etc) and is conjuncting ( 2 degrees) your natal Neptune posited in that 12th house: this possibly is an indication for this unfortunate matter regarding your sister (transit Saturn as significator for sister due to its lordship of the natal 3rd house, transiting your natal 12th house and conjuncting therein with your natal Neptune)

My condolences on your sister's passing...

tsmall

Premium Member
Sethi, I am so sorry for your loss. :crying:

I would be more inclined to look at your SR chart for the year than simply transits to the natal. SR for indications, then transits to time them. It would be unfortunate if people came to think that Saturn transits to the 12th could indicate death of those found in the houses he rules natally all on his own.

Big hugs, and prayers with you and your family in this difficult time.

tamara

dr. farr

Transit by Saturn as 3rd house significator, CONJOINING NEPTUNE, in the 12th house of a native, as a possible indicator derived from the natal chart, which was what the OP requested (ie, any possible indications from natal of this unfortunate development happening to his sister) Mere transit of a significator through the 12th house-without any transiting conjunction or strong aspect by that signifying planet with another planet having potential malefic connotations-would never be even partial testimony to-anything!
I agree that the OP's Solar Return chart would be preferable for investigating as to indications regarding his late sister: however the dispositor of the 3rd house of that SR chart would be the primary significator for his sister.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
You could consider looking at ascendant, 4th, 8th and 12th house, their natal ruler, progression/transiting rulers. Nodal transit, Part of Fortune.

Ascendant is ruled by Jupiter transiting in Cancer and her 8th house this is a very big statement seem to be very commonly seen when Jupiter in such condition expanding in this kind of matter.

8th house ruled by Moon, transit Moon almost partile conjunction to natal Saturn in 4th, while transiting Saturn also conjuncts Neptune in 12th. Transiting Mars Libra in fall in 11th house, maybe the 12th of 12th, Mars is in Saturn's exaltation, but Mars in extremely poor condition.

In very simple way, draw a Lunar return of her chart, and have a look of the tightest midpoints. You can see more clearly if you draw natal, progression with solar arc. Solar return would also indicate major event relevant to 1st, 4th, 8th and 12th houses. Also Eclipses near the solar return time.

poyi

Premium Member
Since this is your own natal chart, at most you can use it to see how you experience the Mortality through her. If we use the 3rd house. But then as in personal level your Jupiter also transiting the natal 8th as I said above. Actually, your lunar return would be very interesting. Her natal 10th house Moon is the 8th of 3rd and in natal in the unit of 8 it made perfected opposition to the natal Saturn in 4th which is the lord of the natal 3rd and her 12th of 3rd. Your natal 12th is her 10th house.

I highly suggest you to check out your lunar return chart.

mdinaz

Hello everyone,

Please have a look at the chart and let me know what the indications are / were pointing out to the death of my sister.

Regards

How I interpret this chart depends on how close you were to her. Were you close, and if so, how did her death impact you (emotionally, mentally, spiritually, financially)? If you were not close at all there may not be many indicators, if any, especially if you hadn't seen her in many years and didn't miss her.

waybread

Is this your sister's chart or your chart?

if this is your chart, unfortunately there is no "one size fits all"-- obviously your sister's death would have been a blow to other close family members, yet their horoscopes would all be different. So their charts wouldn't show the same transits, solar returns, or progressions as you do. So we have to think more in terms of your inner experience of your sister's tragic death.

JUPITERASC

Transit by Saturn as 3rd house significator, CONJOINING NEPTUNE, in the 12th house of a native, as a possible indicator derived from the natal chart, which was what the OP requested (ie, any possible indications from natal of this unfortunate development happening to his sister) Mere transit of a significator through the 12th house-without any transiting conjunction or strong aspect by that signifying planet with another planet having potential malefic connotations-would never be even partial testimony to-anything!

I agree that the OP's Solar Return chart would be preferable for investigating as to indications regarding his late sister:

however the dispositor of the 3rd house of that SR chart would be the primary significator for his sister.
Sethi, as dr. farr and tsmall have indicated
provision of your Solar Return Chart
is likely to lead to the finding of more detail for you

waybread

Sorry, folks-- this chart is for a male, so it is not the sister's chart, unless there is an error. But if the parents' or other siblings' charts are different than the OP chart, we are only going to see the meaning of the death to the native. Her death in their charts would show up differently.

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

Hello everyone,

Regards

My deepest condolences Sethi. I hope the following information is of help to you.

First of all your sister is described by Venus in the third house and Uranus as it rules the Aquarian third house.

The 8th from the third is the 10th house. You have Uranus conjunct Pluto in the 10th house. This could describe a sibling who dies.

At the time of her death your Secondary Progressed Venus had moved to conjoin your natal Saturn. As Saturn is the traditional ruler of the 3rd house, this emphasizes a situation to do with your sister. Venus is semisquare Saturn in your natal chart so this emphasizes a time of difficulty connected to a sibling.

In addition, SP Venus was opposite Uranus, modern ruler of your 3rd house and in the derived 8th house of a sibling's death.

SP Venus at 18Pisces31 was quincunx the Part of Death of a Sibling at 17Libra33. The quincunx aspect is usually involved in death and it describes change.

SP Koch third cusp had moved to conjoin your natal Chiron.

Solar Arc Vertex had moved to conjoin your Uranus-Pluto in the derived 8th house and as your natal antiVertex is conjunct your natal 3rd cusp this is very significant. It seems that your sister was destined to die at this time.

SA Venus had moved to conjoin natal Chiron, suggesting a 'wound' to do with a sibling.

In your parallax Lunar Return for that time Saturn was in the 12th house square the Koch 3rd cusp. The Koch Part of Death of a Sibling for that LR chart was conjunct your natal Venus in the third.

You may be interested in reading the Signatures of Death here: http://aliceportman.com/determining-death-from-a-horoscope/

Alice

Attachments

• Sethi Solar Arcs.gif
    Sethi Solar Arcs.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Sethi parallax Lunar Return.gif
    Sethi parallax Lunar Return.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 27

sethi

How I interpret this chart depends on how close you were to her. Were you close, and if so, how did her death impact you (emotionally, mentally, spiritually, financially)? If you were not close at all there may not be many indicators, if any, especially if you hadn't seen her in many years and didn't miss her.

Sorry for such late reply but lately i had stopped visiting forums.

I was in a way very close to my sister, and used to look after her needs, cloths etc. She had pigmentosa retinitis since the age of 20.

She depended upon me and my wife to look after her somewhat, There has been no change in my life after my sisters death but only that I remember things like diet jam, sandwiches, etc every time i visit a grocery or bakery store, because she loved these things. She was about 54 when she died and my age is now 47.

Never in all my life i had thought that I would be lifting up her death bed for taking to the graveyard. I was generally thinking (after my pancreatitis attack on 30th may 2013) that I would be the one to die first, and I used to wonder how she would feel about it.

waybread

I am sorry for your loss, Sethi. Understandably you need some time to grieve and to recall the episodes of your sister's life, large and small.

Interestingly, your sister's chart has Venus in the 3rd house, sextiling Mercury. Apparently she cared very much for a special, loving brother.

Last edited:

sethi

No waybread, it is my chart and not my sisters. But venus in the 3rd could also show my fondness for her