Vargottama question!

Astroenthusiast

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was studying a friend's chart and I found that she has three planets in same signs in D-1 and D-9. I checked with different ayanamshas; still all three were vargottamas. According to what I have read, planet in same sign in rashi and navamsha chart is vargottama, am I missing something relevant in the definition of vargottama? Alternatively, is it possible to have more than one vargottama planet?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Hello everyone!

Recently, I was studying a friend's chart and I found that she has three planets in same signs in D-1 and D-9. I checked with different ayanamshas; still all three were vargottamas. According to what I have read, planet in same sign in rashi and navamsha chart is vargottama, am I missing something relevant in the definition of vargottama? Alternatively, is it possible to have more than one vargottama planet?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Hi,

AE, I think you yourself gave an example, so surely it is possible! :)

But maybe I misunderstood your question [colour-coding, mine!]? There is an interesting correlation between D3, D9 and vargottama, as well as the relative positioning iof vargottama in signs of different nature...!

Love & Light,

Rohiniranjan

Astroenthusiast

Thank you, Sir. I was surprised to see 3 vargottama planet, I thought surely I am missing a proviso in the definition. I am glad there isn't any.

Okay, correlation between D-3, D-9 and vargottama, committed to memory.

Crystalpages

Thank you, Sir. I was surprised to see 3 vargottama planet, I thought surely I am missing a proviso in the definition. I am glad there isn't any.

Okay, correlation between D-3, D-9 and vargottama, committed to memory.

Nothing to commit to memory, but rather to read about it so that it becomes clearer with the explanation put forth!

Love and Learning,

Rohiniranjan

Visakha21

Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance!

Regards

My Mars is Vargotama in 5 Charts (attached planet summary). Mars is a Malefic in my natal chart. Benefic for Navamsha(D9). Not sure about the rest. Trying to understand how it works but not yet. Share your knowledge.

Attachments

• Vargotama Mars.JPG
    Vargotama Mars.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 28

Astroenthusiast

I don't think that this planet would be called vargottama, a planet is vargottama only when it is in same sign in D_1 and D-9, if the planet is also in same sign in other divisional chart it is known by other names. I recall faintly (I can be wrong as is usually the case, and I am only sharing because you ordered me too) that a planet in same sign in 5 varga charts is very powerful.

Crystalpages

I don't think that this planet would be called vargottama, a planet is vargottama only when it is in same sign in D_1 and D-9, if the planet is also in same sign in other divisional chart it is known by other names. I recall faintly (I can be wrong as is usually the case, and I am only sharing because you ordered me too) that a planet in same sign in 5 varga charts is very powerful.

Ayanamsha-Shayanamsha and other vargas aside (except for D3 implicitly), in the chart shared here, D1 and D9 do implicate that the planet is vargottama in Karkata!

Astroenthusiast

Ayanamsha-Shayanamsha and other vargas aside (except for D3 implicitly), in the chart shared here, D1 and D9 do implicate that the planet is vargottama in Karkata!

Oh oo... I made a mistake. Thanks for correcting me. I should have written that this planet is a vargottam but a planet, when in same sign in other d-charts as well, is not said to be vargottama in five charts, there are different names for them. Am I right now?

Crystalpages

:sick:
Oh oo... I made a mistake. Thanks for correcting me. I should have written that this planet is a vargottam but a planet, when in same sign in other d-charts as well, is not said to be vargottama in five charts, there are different names for them. Am I right now?

From what I studied, in open literature, Vargottama requires only D1 and D9 to mesh, and it speaks to the planet's strength. However, what if the planet is neecha rashistha in both D1 and D9? And the non-vargottama corollary: Exalted in D1 and neecha in D9 and vice versa!

Jyotish can be so complicated, that perhaps must be learned by enrolling in secret schools! Or schools of secrets! Same difference??

Love, Light, Levity!

Rohiniranjan

(had too many snacks such as samosas, etc this evening and they say that haasya yoga improves paachan-shakti) :sick:

Astroenthusiast

:sick:

From what I studied, in open literature, Vargottama requires only D1 and D9 to mesh, and it speaks to the planet's strength. However, what if the planet is neecha rashistha in both D1 and D9? And the non-vargottama corollary: Exalted in D1 and neecha in D9 and vice versa!

Jyotish can be so complicated, that perhaps must be learned by enrolling in secret schools! Or schools of secrets! Same difference??

Love, Light, Levity!

Rohiniranjan

(had too many snacks such as samosas, etc this evening and they say that haasya yoga improves paachan-shakti) :sick:

Beginner, Sir, beginner!

Confused as it is, no help required,
Astroenthusiast

P.S. Don't eat too many samosas, you'll literally get :sick:!

Last edited:

Crystalpages

Beginner, Sir, beginner!

Confused as it is, no help required,

P.S. Don't eat too many samosas, you'll literally get :sick:!

Unless I am driving, or standing in the middle of a heavily-travelled highway, FOG can be so beautiful! For it is temporary and beyond it awaits clarity!

No matter how tantalizing, images of greasy, syrupy snacks are not injurious to health! I think that was in a Surgeon-General's report that I read a while ago! <LOL>

Hang in there, but focus on your clasp (grip)! Metaphorically, speaking!!

Rohiniranjan

Last edited: