Bow to leper messiah!

petosiris

Banned
Isn't it supposed to be somehow "within", rather than a place apart that must be reached?

Some translations of Luke 17:21 have ''in the midst of you'' or ''among you'' instead of ''within you''. With any of the three translations, Jesus probably was referring to himself working to change the hearts of men during his first appearance on earth. Indeed the faithful may experience some of the powers of the age to come (Hebrews 6). My lord also promises everyone will receive a hundred times more in the present age if one follows him and eternal life in the age to come.

Jesus said, “Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life. But many who are first will be last, and the last first.” - Mark 10:29-31 ESV

Lord Jesus will come to rule a physical kingdom from David's throne within Jerusalem when he returns the second time (see Isaiah 9:7 and Zechariah 8:3). This will be a new world order that will last a thousand years, and after it, an eternity in a heavenly Jerusalem.

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions. - Mark 12 ESV

He commended the truthfulness of the fellow Jew on the Sh'ma and the Golden Rule.

Likewise your faith in the climactic ending of this age, your hope of much better future, the true fate of most wicked (which does not consist of eternal torment, but destruction), I believe are biblical, but you ought to study the Scriptures to see how you can partake of the coming kingdom.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Where does the eternal torment concept originate, biblically speaking? A mistranslation perhaps? It's a widespread belief.

Most passages refer to destruction, a second death and everlasting punishment of the wicked, but Revelation 20:10 does say that there will be eternal torment for three individuals. Unlike most annihilationists/conditionalists, I affirm the eternal torment of these three individuals based on the plain meaning of this verse, but otherwise I think the wicked will cease to exist after a period of suffering according to their deeds, which is in agreement with the Scriptures and reasoning of the perfect justice of God. As for ''the fire that is never quenched'', I believe it repudiates the idea of universalism (everyone will come to salvation after a period of purification, a sort of purgatory - an unbiblical idea), as well as applying the fire to the aforementioned individuals whose deeds may deserve eternal torment.

Last edited:

Blaze

Account Closed
No one's heard of it.

That's interesting. Seems they keep on the down low.

They have a website, but my computer says its unsafe to visit. The beliefs are quite something else.

Edit: They're called Ascensionism.

Edit 2: They have actually erased most of their presence online. Wow. Talk about shady.

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

38xk3v.jpg

38xkcp.jpg

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned

Sorry, the example doesn't work with Christianity in the first three centuries.

And

''What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.'' - Romans 8 ESV

Last edited: