solar arcs logic

hermetic

I was always having troubles understanding why.

Progressions I get, one day for one year, so during years you get the influence of planets as they really were at certain day after your birth.
But solar arcs is different - you get all planets moved by the number of your years, thus you get impossible situations of all planets moving equally, and having positions and relations between eachother they might never have/had in reality.
who thought of using this system for predictions? what is the logic in it? I see none.

and yet... it appears to be working :eek: HOW? discuss please

wilsontc

Staff member
it is what it is, to hermetic

hermetic,

You said:

Asking why astrology works implies finding some sort of "cause" for astrology. Synchronicity, magnetic forces, God's will, etc. have all been discussed and there is no wide agreement on any of it. What astrologers can agree on is that there are astrological rules which work...but why is anyone's guess.

About the astrological mystery,

Tim

CJN

Progressions I get, one day for one year, so during years you get the influence of planets as they really were at certain day after your birth.
But solar arcs is different - you get all planets moved by the number of your years, thus you get impossible situations of all planets moving equally, and having positions and relations between eachother they might never have/had in reality.
who thought of using this system for predictions? what is the logic in it? I see none.

and yet... it appears to be working :eek: HOW? discuss please

Not a fan of Solar Arcs, but since you asked:

The best I can come up with is that it's because the energy of the other planets are transmitted by the Sun. Kryon said something about that:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At so, your sun is sitting there with the planets pushing and pulling upon it as they move around it.... [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This patterning is an interdimensional patterning of the sun.... [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The sun blasts something called the solar wind at the earth all the time.... [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is the information of the patterning of the sun being delivered to the magnetic grid of this earth.[/FONT]
- http://www.kryon.com/k_chanelshasta_2_07.html

However, I would not trust the Moon position at all in Solar Arcs, since it would work directly, (not via the Sun).

secondary progressed sun and solar arc sun are the same except slightly 35-40ish the start to be a little different for technical reasons. Plus Solar arcs are used more for rectification purposes, but I really like them,but cos a planet cannot be over 30' obviously arcing planets can only represent ages under 30.

Solar arcs are really simple, especially for beginners, just move the Angles, Asc, Desc, MC, IC 1' for each year of your life onto planets and vice versa. Not just used for rectification either. Under age 12 though these interpretations are directed towards family changes, maybe relocation, job changes, illnesses, additions to family etc. Another example is my Pluto is 28' Leo in 7th house and my Uranus is 3' Leo in same house to subtract these and you get age 25. That year my then husband and I had an almighty explosion (Uranus) and transformation (Pluto) of that marriage that started the demise and ultimate ending thereof....

hermetic

CJN. thanks for the reply. I never thought about that, that other planets' energies are influenced also by sun, but of course it makes sense.

hermetic

Re: it is what it is, to hermetic

hermetic,

You said:

Asking why astrology works implies finding some sort of "cause" for astrology. Synchronicity, magnetic forces, God's will, etc. have all been discussed and there is no wide agreement on any of it. What astrologers can agree on is that there are astrological rules which work...but why is anyone's guess.

About the astrological mystery,

Tim

heh, but 'cause' in astrology are the planets and their positions, no? for everything else in astrology I do find a 'why' except here, because this moving all planets for the distance of sun makes for a hypothetical, never seen position of planets, as i explained in my first post. the chart you get as solar arcs was never real so how can it give effects...

CJN's explanation of transmiting planetary energies by sun is a kind of answer that gives some logic as to why we feel SA planets, and it is the only satisfactory scientific reasoning on solar arcs i've heard so far.

wilsontc

Staff member
imaginary movements, to hermetic

hermetic,

You said:
heh, but 'cause' in astrology are the planets and their positions, no? for everything else in astrology I do find a 'why'

All progressions are based on imaginary, "non-existent in reality" planetary movements. True, Solar Arcs create new planetary movements that never existed at any time, but progressions themselves create a new time line that never existed as well in "reality" (i.e., a day becomes a year). And not everyone agrees on planets and their positions "causing" anything. Jung's theory of synchronicity says the exact opposite: planets do NOT "cause" anything, it's just that two things happen to occur consistently at the same time (i.e., planetary movement and human life events), with no clear cause between them at all. As mentioned, the "why" in astrology is widely debated. However, I am glad that the explanation given worked for you, and has given you a moment of "peace" in the great astrological mystery. :)

Mysteried,

Tim