Sun square MC astrocartography

Leothecat

I've recently become aware of astrocartography as I move around the U.S. and change careers.

Saturn conjunct IC is very near my hometown/where most of my family live. It will always be home.

I recently moved (unknowingly) smack on my Mercury square MC line. The job didn't work out, as it just didn't stimulate my mind, yet it was an analytical job.

I'm now, knowingly, accepting a job on my Sun square MC line. From what I gather, the job will conflict with my ego/ self. It is also an act of rebellion against my parents in a way.

I'd like to move to my Sun conjunct MC line in the future, but it just didn't work out.

I'm taking the astrocartography with a grain of salt, and not going to let it define this new job. However, it has been incredibly accurate so far. Does anybody have insight into the Sun square MC aspect?

mdinaz

I think your analysis is correct. What other aspects however are in the same area that might be beneficial? Otherwise, rethink what you are doing. As Abraham-Hicks says, "if it ain't a hell yes, it's a hell no".

HoldOrFold

I've recently become aware of astrocartography as I move around the U.S. and change careers.

Saturn conjunct IC is very near my hometown/where most of my family live. It will always be home.

I recently moved (unknowingly) smack on my Mercury square MC line. The job didn't work out, as it just didn't stimulate my mind, yet it was an analytical job.

I'm now, knowingly, accepting a job on my Sun square MC line. From what I gather, the job will conflict with my ego/ self. It is also an act of rebellion against my parents in a way.

I'd like to move to my Sun conjunct MC line in the future, but it just didn't work out.

I'm taking the astrocartography with a grain of salt, and not going to let it define this new job. However, it has been incredibly accurate so far. Does anybody have insight into the Sun square MC aspect?

If you give your birth data and the cities you've lived in including your birth location it could be interesting to have a look at the charts.

Leothecat

I think your analysis is correct. What other aspects however are in the same area that might be beneficial? Otherwise, rethink what you are doing. As Abraham-Hicks says, "if it ain't a hell yes, it's a hell no".

I was afraid of that answer, but you're probably right. It's a big hell yes to living in the mountains 6 months. Only 6 months. I may sacrifice some happiness in the workplace, but the job is fitting of my MC and moon placement.

As for harmonious aspects, this town is fairly close to N node and Neptune trine MC (<200 miles). Sun conjunct ascendant is about 400 miles off.

Leothecat

If you give your birth data and the cities you've lived in including your birth location it could be interesting to have a look at the charts.

8/12/1986. 7:49am Mobile, Alabama

Mercury square MC occurred in Roseburg, Oregon

Sun square MC is around Aspen, Colorado where I'm moving soon.

Sun conjunct MC is over Sedona, Arizona where I hope to live at some point

HoldOrFold

8/12/1986. 7:49am Mobile, Alabama

Mercury square MC occurred in Roseburg, Oregon

Sun square MC is around Aspen, Colorado where I'm moving soon.

Sun conjunct MC is over Sedona, Arizona where I hope to live at some point

Thanks, to correlate your chart configurations to experience, what was your job and how was your experiences in Roseburg overall in contrast to your experience in Mobile in terms of general things like work, friends and general experiences of these places? i.e. did you find it easier to make friends in Mobile, did you get along with your colleagues in Roseburg, how did the place feel in contrast etc.?

Leothecat

Thanks, to correlate your chart configurations to experience, what was your job and how was your experiences in Roseburg overall in contrast to your experience in Mobile in terms of general things like work, friends and general experiences of these places? i.e. did you find it easier to make friends in Mobile, did you get along with your colleagues in Roseburg, how did the place feel in contrast etc.?

I have a large circle of close friends in Mobile, having lived there most of my life. Finding work had always been challenging. Merchandising and Uber /cab driving mostly.

Toward the end of my time in mobile I got a job working remotely doing phonecalls for a tech startup based near LA (moon square MC) this was very fitting for my gemini MC, 3rd house moon, Virgo asc, though not fulfilling.

In Roseburg, I had a job analyzing data, optimising survey questions and measuring community impact for a community non profit. I worked with mostly older women, and they were very friendly. I was attracted to all of them (strange mother issues) but made myself be courteous. The men in the office I had trouble relating to. The town itself was small, contrasting my large hometown. I found it easy to get along with people, but never stuck around long enough to make friends. The Pacific northwest lacks the southern hospitality, but makes up for it with alot of human compassion.

In Basalt/Aspen Colorado, I will be working at a ski resort call center. More Gemini/mercury work. It won't fulfil me, but I thrive on it, and it will allow me to explore mountains (capricorn Mars)

HoldOrFold

Fantastic, thanks for that. Your experience fits very well with the charts confirming an accurate birth time.

You have some nice planets; Sun, Jupiter, Venus in domicile and exalted Mars.

I'm having a look at your charts based on some relocation principles I've gleamed from a couple of relocational astrologers.

In these chart images, the colour of the houses denotes a level of activation due to planets conjunct either the porphyry or equal house cusp or both, with blue being mid range activation, yellow strong and pink the strongest, with darker shades denoting stronger activation in those categories. Equal house conjunctions are shown by an orange or red dot on the planet marker. The angle rulers are shown by the coloured circles with the house number on the outer wheel.

Roseburg

59cf12d841df2.png

Parans
  • Mars/True Node 0.72

Here the ruler of your chart is the Sun in the 1st, which is a good change from your natal 12th house Sun. However, the ruler of the 11th is in the 12th so you'd expect 12th house themes played out in the sphere of friends here in Roseburg which could manifest in a isolation to a certain extent. In your hometown in Mobile your chart ruler, Mercury, is in the 11th which fits the picture of having a large circle of friends there which would be central to your experience.

Venus, the ruler of the Roseburg MC, is activated quite strongly conjunct the 3rd house cusp, which fits the picture of having lots of women you get along with at work. The 3rd house rules various forms of communication so I can see the correlation with data analysis and optimizing surveys etc. Also the Mercury square to the MC is another indicator of this. I think squares to the MC from Mercury can be used constructively, but you've got a quincunx to the MC from Saturn which is an awkward and difficult aspect. Signs quincunx eachother have nothing in common so are difficult to integrate, and so this would play out in the career there. Venus is also quincunx the MC.

Mars sets off the 6th house quite strongly here which I thought might create some tension with men, but like you say you just found it difficult to relate to them at work. It's possible that arguments could have occurred with them if you had spent more time there, although out of all the planets that can be in this house, Mars does best here. The 6th house can create conflict and Mars does well with conflict, and so it can perform well there.

The Moon is on the equal house 4th house cusp so it's possible that this place could have had a nice homely quality, this is could be behind your perception of the compassionate nature of people in your environment. Although I've noticed a few people recently with Scorpio Moons having difficulty when it becomes prominent, because the Moon is in the fall in Scorpio. But your Moon natally has no difficult aspects and actually has a nice reception by an exalted Mars.

The Pluto next to the cusp of the 4th is an interesting one, but that may have taken some time to play out as can be the case with the outer planets sometimes. It tends to create some kind of dark side to the environment, like living next door to some mobsters, having a ghost in the house or living next to a cemetery and things like that. But again, your Pluto has no negative aspects and is received by an exalted Mars so this could have been significantly curbed.

Aspen

59cf52ec9e785.png

Parans
  • Moon/Mars 0.07
  • Moon/Sun 0.29

Here the chart ruler, the Sun, is in the 12th square the MC. I think you could channel this energy by taking up things like meditation and like you say doing things like going for walks in the mountains, that way the more spiritual and easier nature of the influence can have manifestation which negates the necessity for negative manifestations.

With the ruler of the 4th in the 5th you should find your local environment entertaining in some way. I'd imagine this plays out by being around a Ski resort and having bars and things around.

Uranus activates the 5th house cusp and connects to the MC via quincunx. The 5th house rules entertainment, so a career involving a ski resort seems fitting. The fact that it's a quincunx and Uranus might mean there's something unusual about the job somehow. Perhaps there will be some interesting changes on the job while you're there. The ruler of the 10th in the 2nd should indicate a relatively steady income from the career, and maybe there's commission or bonuses to be had, although Venus is not particularly activating the cusp and the ruler of the 2nd is in the 12th so maybe you spend a lot of money there. Might be something to keep an eye on.

With Jupiter on the cusp of the 8th, you should find it easy to get a lot of credit or loans here. Jupiter rules faith and 8th other people's money, so banks are said to take faith in you with this configuration. This is also a good place to get in touch with your subconscious or start studying occult matters if you find you start to have that inclination.

This place is on a couple of tight parans. The Moon/Sun paran, which has the great potential for feeling integrated in yourself. With the Moon/Mars paran I'd take precautions to avoid minor injury i.e. perhaps while skiing.

Sedona
59cf57b2bb60c.png

Parans
  • Venus/Uranus 0.62
  • Moon/Sun 0.75

Your Sun is of course highly activated here on the AC which is very powerful, especially since it's in Leo. I'd imagine you'd be quite popular in this location. And the Moon is quite tightly conjunct the IC, so this place should feel very welcoming and you should have a sense of belonging here.

I think because Sedona is a very spiritual place the 12th house placements would actually manifest very well here. For instance, the Moon being activated by the IC rules the 12th house, which works well with the spiritual nature of the land here. And the 11th house ruler in the 12th should denote friends and organisations of a very spiritual nature. So this 12th house stuff would probably work rather well there. So these should signify feeling like you're in a spiritual place and surrounded by spiritual people.

With Uranus triggering the 5th house, I'd imagine you'd find this place stimulating to your creativity and it should be also be entertaining. There is no quincunx to the MC like there is in Aspen.

You also have the Moon/Sun paran here and also Venus/Uranus. The Venus/Uranus paran could indicate meeting quirky individuals and perhaps being in a relationship with someone avant-guarde in some way.

Leothecat

Wow! I really appreciate you looking into this for me. I will study the relocational forum post you suggested. What did you use to cast these charts? I have SolarFire.

Your interpretations are very spot on. I was hoping to start studying QiGong in Colorado. There is great potential for commission at my job, but greater opportunity to spend it!

My intent is to save up money to comfortably relocate wherever I please in the spring time.

Again, I need to learn the method and terminology you're using here, but it's so fascinating. Very helpful and I will take heed!

HoldOrFold

No problemo, if you have any questions about the methodology or terminology feel free to ask.

The charts are cast using an online application I'm developing specifically for relocation astrology. I've become somewhat obsessed with trying to find my ideal location so the end goal is for it to be able to automatically find the best places in the world by bulk analysing thousands of charts using a bunch of fairly complex criteria gleamed from a couple of dedicated relocation astrologers.

Leothecat

No problemo, if you have any questions about the methodology or terminology feel free to ask.

The charts are cast using an online application I'm developing specifically for relocation astrology. I've become somewhat obsessed with trying to find my ideal location so the end goal is for it to be able to automatically find the best places in the world by bulk analysing thousands of charts using a bunch of fairly complex criteria gleamed from a couple of dedicated relocation astrologers.

Is this application publicly available?

Leothecat

What's astrocartography? Is that something new?

It's a form of "locational astrology" which has existed since ancient times. It was coined by Jim Lewis in the 80s. from wikipedia:

"astrocartography is a locational astrology system that focuses on elements of the natal chart, by identifying these factors on a world "Astro*Carto*Graphy Map." Lewis' Astro*Carto*Graphy maps show all locations on the earth where planets were "angular" (rising, setting, on the zenith or nadir) at the moment of an event like a person's birth. An "angular" planet is one that is conjunct one of these four angles (Ascendant, Descendant, MC or IC). These locations are displayed in the form of lines on the Astro*Carto*Graphy world map."

You can view your astrocartography map on Astro.com under "astroclick travel"

I'm still trying to figure out how it differs from relocation astrology. I have reading to do in the link that was posted a few replies above.

mdinaz

From what I understand, relocational astrology takes your birth date but pretends you were born in a different city, and views how it is different from your natal chart. Some might use a progressed chart instead and use the new city coordinates. Astrocartography uses your natal chart but charts all the planets rising and setting lines on the entire globe. Some areas will be more beneficial to you than others based on your natal chart.

Leothecat

I decided to stay in Sedona. It was an easy "hell yes" decision. I made a 400 mile detour on my way to Colorado to be sure. It was the right decision. Things seem to be working out in my favor here. The chart is very much fitting.

HoldOrFold

I decided to stay in Sedona. It was an easy "hell yes" decision. I made a 400 mile detour on my way to Colorado to be sure. It was the right decision. Things seem to be working out in my favor here. The chart is very much fitting.

That's really fantastic! I hope things work out well for you there and would be interesting to get an update on how things turned out further down the line.

Leothecat

That's really fantastic! I hope things work out well for you there and would be interesting to get an update on how things turned out further down the line.

I visited 9 years ago. Some nice women I met at an astrology circle took me in. This time around a nice 77 year old ufologist has befriended and taken me in. I had a job interview lined up immediately after arriving. This place is magic. I'm about to rent a room from a channeler woman who sees ufos in the yard.

Leothecat

I met the ufologist at an astrology lecture, at the exact period where mercury conjuncted the sun. Our synastry is sensational.

My job interview was held 1 hour before the exact time of the full moon in Libra (at a luxury spa - Taurus MC, no less)

Last edited: