Why do I want to be obese?

JUPITERASC

Yeah, I got that. I'm just curious at what point in my chart it comes from (or many)
Oddity remarked :smile:
Hey, I can see it now. But it's still a tricky question, and I'm by no means a psychological astrologer.

That being said, it's kind of hard to ignore that big honkin
Saturn-Moon opposition across your ascendant-descendant line.

Saturn in 1 can denote actual physical deformities,
and it can also denote a real dissatisfaction with your body,
even if you're relatively healthy and your body works well.
It's just nasty that way.
Add in a Virgo moon, which can be more than a little critical
- and it's aimed right at you here -
it could signify a deep sense of discomfort being in your skin and a need to change it.
Pisces and Virgo are both mutable signs, emphasising the 'change' aspect.

Saturn is miserably harsh in 1 when it's not dignified (often even when it is), and moon in Virgo can be, too, so it might not bring happiness, especially given that Jupiter, Saturn's dispositor, is fallen - fallen Jupiter can be excess weight, among other things, but a fallen planet can act against its (and your) best interests when it can manage to act at all.

The Virgo moon could also be a critical partner. Ugh. Especially as it's sitting on 7 (partnerships) and rules 5 (sex and pleasure).

Moon-Saturn aspects pretty much suck because Saturn is all hard and limited, and the moon is all emotional and it's just a recipe for insecurity.

So I don't know what to tell you. It's a malefic aspect, it's the most likely culprit here, and I can see that it can make you feel really bad. I'm just not sure that gaining weight would help, or would help with partnerships. If you are involved with someone, have you talked with them about it?

practicalmischief

Oddity remarked :smile:

Right, I forgot about this. That is very true. And there are two things.

One, I just read over what TheV said. The moon is square my Ceres/Jupiter. Are you talking about my Ceres/Jupiter midpoint?

Two, I have a friend. She was born on the same day and year as me. However, my questions about our charts are going to be the big defining moments.

She is a bigger girl and has diabetes. I don't have it, and I want to be big. However, she has the courage to be herself and post body positivity and big virl photos on Facebook. Obviously, we would have the same moon and sun, but our ascendants would be different. My question is, how much would her ascendant affect her in terms of, not her personality, but whether or not she's a feedist (as far as I know, she doesn't like being as big as she is, but that could be a ploy because of society and we both had interests in becoming nurses).

Oddity

We don't have a lot of astrology of fetishism (at least not a lot that isn't all judgy about it), and I'm not terribly sure there even is an astrology of sexual domination/submission. I don't have a big enough pool of charts to come to any firm conclusions on that one.

If it defines you in a major way, it's probably first house or tenth house. If it's a secret fetish thing, I'd look at the 12th house (which is secrets), the 5th house/house ruler for sexual pleasures, the moon (weight) and Venus (general significator of pleasure and sex). Moon and Venus are also the significators for women.

The thing that worries me about your chart is that the aspect that seems to be the biggest indicator is a harmful aspect. Just keep aware of that.

In practical terms all I can suggest is finding a local munch (or whatever kinky folks do where you live) where there isn't a lot of pressure, and hopefully you can feel comfortable enough to talk to a few folks.

Oddity

No I disagree. If Astrolgers have used Parallel/and contra parallel in midpoint techniques, and Parallel and contra parallel has a connection with antiscia why not use them too. I have used many time connection of antiscia planets to a natal midpoint and they worked for me.

Okay. You do get to do what you want with astrology, by the way, but in case you don't know this. Parallels and contra-parallels deal with the north/south position of a planet. You know how if two planets are at, say, 21 Taurus, they're conjunct by longitude? If they're both at 13 south, they're conjunct by latitude, otherwise known as parallel. Or if one of them is 13 south and the other is 13 north, they're called contra-parallel.

Unlike longitude and latitude, midpoints and antiscia aren't planetary co-ordinates. They're points that are worked out, and just - there. They can't do anything on their own. Like if the 5th house cusp is conjunct the Part of Spirit - nothing happens. It's just space. If some planet makes a tight conjunction or opposition to that point, you may see something, but if it doesn't - there's really nothing going on.

theV

As I have told you before the issue is best represented by moon/chiron aspect. It is not the desire to be big, but dissatisfaction with your body, or person feel alien in their body. Don't forget that the moon also represents our eating habits and food and when connected to chiron there could be a sign of anorexia/or over weight. You said yourself you are not comfortable with your body being too under weight and that the moon/chiron doing with virgo/capricorn and strong saturn.

Yes, I am talking about the moon square Ceres/Jupiter midpoint. I would look for Eros if you are looking for kink/fetish. His Fifth house falls in Cancer, the moon is in virgo opposite antiscia Chiron in the first house. Antiscia Cere is falling in the 12th house. The ruler of the 7th house mercury is conjunct antiscia ceres.

I can't help you,sorry! I am just as confused as you. There is not astrologer who dealt before with feedism-it is the first time I hear about- as an ex-fat person I don't recommend being over weight or fat. I love the fact that I am healthy now, I can run and breath normally. I have more control over my body.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Ceres/Jupiter midpoint is related to obesity, or the love of food, people with strong Ceres/Jupiter midpoint love to nurture, to feed people and also to feed themselves. They are fond of food. If it aspect pluto it could indicate obsession in obesity. or nurturing others.

Absolutely true of someone I know who has Jupiter/Ceres conjunct in Cancer 8th house trine Pluto!

JUPITERASC

Absolutely true of someone I know who has Jupiter/Ceres conjunct in Cancer 8th house trine Pluto!
hundreds, if not thousands of people were born worldwide with that identical aspect :smile:
and do not necessarily have a need or urge to 'be obese'
for the whole planetary picture, useful to view the chart - if its available

practicalmischief

My Eros is in first house Aries, I've never read anything on that asteroid being kinky, and I've never found aspects to Eros, so I don't know much about Eros.

I do know that Venus square Pluto is a sexually submissive type unless there are other significators (I'm into bdsm, without sm) so, it's frustrating for me when I want to combine both, have a hard enough time with relationships anyways, and I have a hard time speaking about it.

TheV, I just saw your duadpost. I know what they are, but I didn't think they were as important as decanates. Could you reiterate again, please?

JUPITERASC

My Eros is in first house Aries,
I've never read anything on that asteroid being kinky,
and I've never found aspects to Eros,
so I don't know much about Eros.
There are more than one hundred and fifty million asteroids :smile:
Eris is a dwarf planet

EightTNOs.png

along with potentially thousands of similar objects
and more discovered daily

practicalmischief

I get that, that there are so many of them. But I never see aspects and I don't have the tools to find out astrological aspects. I don't know its degree and minute,so that makes it harder to figure out.

On a side note, my Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn, which is weight gain. Is it in aspect to my Lilith in Cancer in fifth?

JUPITERASC

One of our members uses more than 700 asteroids

but Eros is not on their list of love and relationship asteroids
:smile:
I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:

Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda, Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos, Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa, Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne, Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?

Zarathu

practicalmischief

O-o
I thought Eros was one of the more frequently used asteroids, so there'd be more info on it.

On the one hand, even though I don't know its degree, do you think it's square my Jupiter? Capricorn is Jupiters fall, which means weight gain. Eros is in first house, Aries (I know its in the early part of Aries, possibly 4 degrees) and that has to do with sex and body. I sexually desire (eros) to make my body (first house) enormous (Jupiter in fall).

JUPITERASC

O-o
I thought Eros was one of the more frequently used asteroids, so there'd be more info on it.

On the one hand, even though I don't know its degree, do you think it's square my Jupiter?
Capricorn is Jupiters fall, which means weight gain.
Eros is in first house, Aries (I know its in the early part of Aries, possibly 4 degrees) and that has to do with sex and body.
I sexually desire (eros) to make my body (first house) enormous (Jupiter in fall).
alternatively
'If it defines you in a major way
it's probably first house
or tenth house...'
:smile:
We don't have a lot of astrology of fetishism (at least not a lot that isn't all judgy about it),
and I'm not terribly sure there even is an astrology of sexual domination/submission.
I don't have a big enough pool of charts to come to any firm conclusions on that one.

If it defines you in a major way, it's probably first house or tenth house.
If it's a secret fetish thing,
I'd look at the 12th house (which is secrets), the 5th house/house ruler for sexual pleasures,
the moon (weight)
and Venus (general significator of pleasure and sex).
Moon and Venus are also the significators for women.

The thing that worries me about your chart
is that the aspect that seems to be the biggest indicator is a harmful aspect. Just keep aware of that

In practical terms all I can suggest is finding a local munch (or whatever kinky folks do where you live)
where there isn't a lot of pressure, and hopefully you can feel comfortable enough to talk to a few folks.

practicalmischief

The thing is that it doesn't. I mean, yeah, it would affect who I am once I get that big, because there is such a social stigma attached to it. My mars is also aspected to Jupiter, which is sex drive to Jupiter in fall. My personality and way of thought is as it is. It turns me on a LOT. People who are into other things don't wear their kink (unless they're into tats, piercings, certain clothes) but this would. This is such a detriment to health, and it shows. My Venus is also square my Ceres (I had the wrong time of birth, so my Venus was square my MC with Ceres at the exact same degree) so maybe that's where I want a woman to make me that big.
My fifth house is Cancer with Lilith in it. Maybe that's it as well.

practicalmischief

The other thing I see you guys are saying is that I'm frustrated that I can't gain weight. I didn't say I couldn't gain weight, just that its hard to gain weight. I've gained almost ten-twenty pounds in the past two years. I currently am 6' 2" and weigh 220-230 pounds

JUPITERASC

The thing is that it doesn't. I mean, yeah, it would affect who I am once I get that big, because there is such a social stigma attached to it.
My mars is also aspected to Jupiter, which is sex drive to Jupiter in fall.
My personality and way of thought is as it is. It turns me on a LOT.
People who are into other things don't wear their kink (unless they're into tats, piercings, certain clothes) but this would.
This is such a detriment to health, and it shows.
My Venus is also square my Ceres (I had the wrong time of birth,
so my Venus was square my MC with Ceres at the exact same degree)
so maybe that's where I want a woman to make me that big.
My fifth house is Cancer with Lilith in it.
Maybe that's it as well.
Mars has many significations http://www.skyscript.co.uk/marsatt.html

The other thing I see you guys are saying is that I'm frustrated that I can't gain weight.
I didn't say I couldn't gain weight, just that its hard to gain weight.
I've gained almost ten-twenty pounds in the past two years.
I currently am 6' 2" and weigh 220-230 pounds
Saturn can also 'denote a real dissatisfaction with your body' even if healthy :smile:
That being said, it's kind of hard to ignore that big honkin Saturn-Moon opposition across your ascendant-descendant line.

Saturn in 1 can denote actual physical deformities,
and it can also denote a real dissatisfaction with your body, even if you're relatively healthy and your body works well.
It's just nasty that way.

Add in a Virgo moon, which can be more than a little critical
- and it's aimed right at you here -
it could signify a deep sense of discomfort being in your skin and a need to change it.

Pisces and Virgo are both mutable signs, emphasising the 'change' aspect.

Saturn is miserably harsh in 1 when it's not dignified (often even when it is),
and moon in Virgo can be, too, so it might not bring happiness, especially given that Jupiter,
Saturn's dispositor, is fallen - fallen Jupiter can be excess weight, among other things,
but a fallen planet can act against its (and your) best interests when it can manage to act at all.

The Virgo moon could also be a critical partner. Ugh. Especially as it's sitting on 7 (partnerships) and rules 5 (sex and pleasure).

Moon-Saturn aspects pretty much suck because Saturn is all hard and limited,
and the moon is all emotional and it's just a recipe for insecurity.

practicalmischief

I get it completely, all of what your saying. Its not just a need to change my body. Its a *sexual* desire though. That's the thing. Its not *just* a desire to change my body, the way fat looks and feels, it just turns me on. I'm attracted to fatter women, too. I just don't see any significators of sexual attraction to being fat EXCEPT MAYBE for eros to Jupiter in fall.

JUPITERASC

I get it completely, all of what your saying.
Its not just a need to change my body. Its a *sexual* desire though.
That's the thing.
Its not *just* a desire to change my body, the way fat looks and feels, it just turns me on.
I'm attracted to fatter women, too.
I just don't see any significators of sexual attraction to being fat EXCEPT MAYBE for eros to Jupiter in fall.
Few would dispute that *sexual* desire regarding specifically *fatness* is linked to bodily concerns

Every astrologer has their personal opinion on every aspect of astrology :smile:

Oddity

The thing is that it doesn't. I mean, yeah, it would affect who I am once I get that big, because there is such a social stigma attached to it. My mars is also aspected to Jupiter, which is sex drive to Jupiter in fall. My personality and way of thought is as it is. It turns me on a LOT. People who are into other things don't wear their kink (unless they're into tats, piercings, certain clothes) but this would. This is such a detriment to health, and it shows. My Venus is also square my Ceres (I had the wrong time of birth, so my Venus was square my MC with Ceres at the exact same degree) so maybe that's where I want a woman to make me that big.
My fifth house is Cancer with Lilith in it. Maybe that's it as well.

The part I bolded is important. Do you know your correct time of birth?