Newbie trying to find out meanings between aspects in synastry

Hey guys,
I just recently got into astrology and wanted to see how am i compatible with my GF wanted to see if anyone could tell me some info about some aspects,
feel free to tell me anything i've been looking on the web for some of the aspects but feel like every site tells a different story around some aspects and wanted your take on this.
thanks in advance.
https://imgur.com/a/R3pGvNM
blue: me
red/orange: her

waybread

Basically harmonious aspects and conjunctions are beneficial.

Stressful aspects (squares, oppositions) indicate that you are connecting, but these are stressors.

No contact or aspect between planets suggests that you're on different wave-lengths so far as the planets go.

ellie04

Which particular aspects you want to know? There're many sites on how to delineate a Synastry chart.

For me I always check aspects between angles-angles, planets-angles, aspects to 4/5/7/8 rulers, Asc-Dsc rulers aspects, overlays/symbolisms.... then the aspects among inner/outer planets.... then asteroids.

Yeah i've tried that, most of them (I feel like) they sugarcoat it so much. for example for one of the strongest ascpects Moon sextile moon which is under 1 orb of accuracy. Some say its just about being nice, some say that it is the best aspect for marriage after sun trine/sextile sun. And yeah i get that one sextile cant be same sextile. You need to check what houses it is in and how could it help you or you need to be careful about. I feel like most of it is just guesses.
For example, Astro-seek has pretty well explained aspects but some are "in progress" and don't have any explanation. I just wanted to see what other people think after seeing the screenshot that's all. Because really making sense of some aspects takes a lot of time, some are the same and some have like 50 explanations on other sites. In conclusion I just wanted what people think about some aspects mainly the Venus/Sun/Moon ones.

waybread

There are some good books out there on synastry that may be more helpful than stuff on the web.

I recommend Steven and Jody Forrest's 2-volume Skymates; and Robert Hand, Planets in Composite.

Composite charts are a different system than a two-chart comparison.

Moon sextile moon is beneficial in synastry because the moon rules your emotional nature. The sextile (as well as the conjunction and trine) indicates emotional compatibility. The moon also rules one's home, so this is a good aspect for sharing a home together.

Synastry goes by degrees. Unfortunately these are hard to read off the bi-wheel you posted. Start looking at your paired suns, moons, and "reverse" Mars-Venus aspects. Then look for inter-aspects between any of these plus your ascendants. Your moon trine Venus should give a lot of affection.

Jupiter is a "feel good" planet, when A's Jupiter hits B's personal planet. Compatible Mercuries are helpful for communication.

Unless you've got a strong outer-inner planet contact, I put the outer planets way down on my list, because typically they just indicate if two people are roughly the same age.

Last edited:
Good to know but i also wondered that she is giving me 4 planets in my 12th house so isn't that a bad thing ? 12th house is like "something you can't help yourself with" or hospitals. I wonder what that could mean...

waybread

Have you got accurate birth times for both of you? And do any of those 12th house planets move to a different house if you use a different house system?

I use the House system like every site does, but mine date of birth i know to a minute because my mom is into astrology but she is not that skilled. But the other girl time i don't but that won't change the fact the she is giving her planets inside my 12th house. I know date but not time, and before you start piking me to death :D well i never asked her and never felt like it i just wondered that maybe i could sense her a bit more thanks to astrology. And yeah its stupid asking someone for aspect list without her precise hour and minute. moon could be somewhere else or her ascendant could be else where yeah i know but i just keep wondering about her so you know :D

waybread

Usually the default system is a popular one known as Placidus.

I ask because there are half a dozen popular house systems, and many more that aren't used often.

Placidus is one of the quadrant house systems, where the MC and AC form the 10th & 1st house cusps, respectively. If you play around with other house systems you might find that some of your GF's planets move into the 11th house.

I might be reading your chart incorrectly, but assuming you're the inside person in your biwheel, and she's the outer person, it looks like her Leo sun-Mars fall into your 12th house, with her Jupiter looking "cuspy." Then her Mercury is in your first house and her Cancer moon is in your 11th.

Obviously without a correct birth time someone's houses might be bogus, which is why I ask. Obviously you cannot determine her ascendant. Then do you know if your horoscope is using a noon default birth time? If so, her moon could move 6 degrees in either direction. With a midnight default birth time, it could move 12 degrees during the 24-hour period.

It's helpful to indicate the degrees of the planets. They're hard to read straight off the chart like this.

However, it looks like your NN is in your 12th house, with her sun-Mars conjunct it. Bingo. Whatever else this lady might be in your life, she's putting you on a fast-track for personal growth. It looks like your sun conjuncts her NN, as well. So both of you should buckle up your seat belts!

"Picking you to death"??? If you don't find my posts helpful, I won't do any more.

Yeah i hope so :D i met her when transit uranus was conjunct my natal jupiter in 9th house, but and there was also a conjunction with transit venus on my natal pluto in 4th house . When i saw her attraction and wonder were the first "emotions" i had i leggit saw her on my way home and just started chatting and after that we hang out sometimes but idk she seems too defensive and hard to open up... Also she has aspect in her natal chart "Saturn square Venus" its orb is +3 so its not that hard. I kinda opened up to her about "being my crush" but she brushed it off and moved to another convo, some days later i told her i would want to date her, she was flattered but said no and she says that she can't point out why and that she hates being in this position (lol, i leggit died inside a bit). Well nothing hard tho but still i would love to be with her and just try to make her laugh and smile you know (ah the gentle romantic personality comes out). Also she hates being praised or complimented what i still don't get :D but thanks for typing that i will see how far can i go and after what time. :)

Last edited: