Do Lunar phases and eclipses have any influence on you?

helena-IT

Since yesterday was a new moon, I was wondering if Lunar phases and eclipses had any influence on you and/or did you feel them at all?
Did you notice any beginnings or new developments or endings with any full moon, new moon or eclipse?
Did any of those occur at any of your natal planet or house cusp exact degree, and did you feel that stronger than usual or not?

JUPITERASC

Since yesterday was a new moon, I was wondering if Lunar phases and eclipses had any influence on you and/or did you feel them at all?
An eclipse at any new Moon, is known as a Solar eclipse - yesterday's moon was an ordinary new moon and not an eclipse
....Did you notice any beginnings or new developments or endings with any full moon, new moon or eclipse?
Did any of those occur at any of your natal planet or house cusp exact degree, and did you feel that stronger than usual or not?
I research eclipses because I am aware of their effects. Eclipse effects are not necessarily 'disastrous' but they are certainly linked with change such as relocation, change of career, relationship changes.... I have read several threads from members on this forum who have mentioned the effects of eclipses on their lives. An eclipse - whether solar or lunar - does not necessarily affect everyone, only those whose natal charts are connected to it by aspect.

According to a book
"Predictive Power of Eclipse Paths" by Bill Meridian:

“Eclipse paths are an astrological technique that can pin point important areas on the surface of the earth for you individually. When you were born there had to be an eclipse near your birth.

By a method developed in the 1930's by Lorne Edward Johndhro of California, which he later passed on to Charles A Jayne Junior of New York, we can determine which eclipse is your eclipse path.

This could be an area that could be very important to you during your life, whether you go there or not. People from that area, ideas from that area, products from that area, can be very important to you. If you are like me, you wind up living right under your eclipse path!”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t4FQ...eature=related

the video link homes in on
mundane matters illustrated in the book

The natal part of the book explains that the "birth eclipse" is the eclipse nearest to birth, before or after - usually a solar eclipse, but is sometimes lunar.

Bill Meridan's book explains that Eclipses on the same area can be studied as eclipse families.
An eclipse can link two places together.
There are eclipses that activate other eclipses, from decades earlier.
Events that happen on or around an eclipse can have fateful outcomes when activated by later eclipses.
Every 18 years or so, eclipses repeat, which can have significant impact.

All of which is to say that a solar eclipse remains a sensitive point for years, decades, even centuries. Far longer than anyone had previously thought.

"This book will revolutionize the study of eclipses"
Cycles Research. http://www.billmeridian.com/ppoep.html :smile:

helena-IT

An eclipse at any new Moon, is known as a Solar eclipse - yesterday's moon was an ordinary new moon and not an eclipse
I know it wasn't an eclipse, I was speaking in general about Moon's effect on people - its phases and eclipses.

I've had several (ordinary) new moons and 2 eclipses aspecting my natal sun (November 13, 2012; April 25, 2013) and yesterday's new moon was at the exact degree like my natal moon (Leo 14 35) and so far I didn't notice any significant impact, that's why I was curious to hear other people experiences.

JUPITERASC

I know it wasn't an eclipse, I was speaking in general about Moon's effect on people - its phases and eclipses.

I've had several (ordinary) new moons and 2 eclipses aspecting my natal sun (November 13, 2012; April 25, 2013) and yesterday's new moon was at the exact degree like my natal moon (Leo 14 35) and so far I didn't notice any significant impact, that's why I was curious to hear other people experiences.
The moon returns to the same degree on a certain date every 19 years and that's known as the Metonic Cycle of the Moon :smile:

- although Moon may return to the same sign earlier than that.

The last occasion on which transiting Moon was at 14 degrees Leo was on 7 August 1994 when the Moon was at Leo 14 38 which is only 3 minutes difference from your natal moon of Leo 14 35

Next time the Moon is at Leo 14 shall be in nineteen years time - i.e. 2032 when transiting Moon shall be at 14 Leo 18

If you recall events of 7 August 1994 and check the locations of other transiting planets at that time, then you'll get an indication of the kinds of effects of this particular New Moon as it relates to your natal chart in particular

any Ephemeris verifies location of the Moon on any given date such as for example this 6000 year Ephemeris
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

METONIC CYCLE EXPLANATION
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metonic_cycle

Neptune Rising

I follow these with fascination and feel they do make an impact, depending on what house they are in, the aspects the other planets make also to natal planets at the time. I can give one example - my natal Sun is in my 2nd house, it rules the intercepted sign in my 8th house. I had a solar eclipse on this natal Sun, plus other transits that same year which included a Jupiter (3rd house pisces) return, trining the ruler of my 2nd house (Saturn in the 7th). My life changed that year, I got a fairly large pay-off from a work dismissal which enabled me to start teaching certain exercise, which was a long term dream of mine, and get out of the corporate world. It may sound insignificant, but it was life changing for me in many ways because it put me on my path, kind of opening a doorway for me.

The recent new Moon was opposite my 10th, 9th, 6th and 5th house rulers Venus and Mercury, and I've suddenly had a flurry of teaching work coming my way. Jupiter was also square Pluto (near 9th/10th cusp), Mars transiting in the 7th was trine natal Jupiter chart ruler, north node ruler and 3rd house ruler in the 3rd house as well as conjunct Saturn (2nd house money ruler).

Disclaimer: I'm only an amature in my studies :p

Last edited:

helena-IT

If you recall events of 7 August 1994 and check the locations of other transiting planets at that time, then you'll get an indication of the kinds of effects of this particular New Moon as it relates to your natal chart in particular
My goodness what a strange set of coincidences JUPITERASC :)

1) Now that you mention august 1994, yes there actually was something - I got a 4 year university scholarship in 1993 (because I was a straight A student) but due to my very low spirit and indifference I gave up and found a (horrible) job instead. But sometime around the beginning of august 1994, I realized that I didn't belong there - I was an intellectual and there I was among people with only elementary education. So I went to University registrar asking if I could renew my scholarship, and the lady at registrar's told me that I was lucky because my scholarship was about to expire that particular week! To cut the long story short, I was one of the best students and got my BA degree in 1998.
So the main keyword for that period was determination - a very strong sense of determination to succeed (btw my Moon at 14 35 Leo is in my 10th house)

2) A couple of weeks ago I started thinking about relocating - I casted a couple of relocation charts and found that Japan would be the most optimal place for me (careerwise), and I was so overwhelmed with that idea (and still am) that I wrote on a sticky note I WILL BECAUSE I CAN and put it on the fridge :) and there it is - that stranog sense of determination again.

3) The link you placed in your signature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY took me further to the wiki page for that movie and there I found this http://is.gd/qMVjIf - and that keyword determinism :) especially because I don't believe in free will (but that's another topic)

I follow these with fascination and feel they do make an impact
That's very interesting thing Neptune Rising :)
As far as eclipses go, I didn't notice anything special about them - first one in November 13, 2012 occurred on my 2nd house cusp in Scorpio opposing 8th house cusp in Taurus, second in April 25, 2013 fell exactly on my natal Mars in 1st house, conjuncting natal Sun and Venus in 1st and trining Jupiter in 5th, and the third one, May 9, 2013, occurred exactly on my 8th house cusp in Taurus opposing my 2nd house cusp in Scorpio, and so far the only thing that I'm experiencing is that I have no job, I'm flat broke BUT highly determinant to succeed :)

Metonic Cycle of the Moon
BTW that thing on Metonic Cycle of the Moon is a very interesting read I must say, thank you JUPITERASC

Neptune Rising

As far as eclipses go, I didn't notice anything special about them - first one in November 13, 2012 occurred on my 2nd house cusp in Scorpio opposing 8th house cusp in Taurus, second in April 25, 2013 fell exactly on my natal Mars in 1st house, conjuncting natal Sun and Venus in 1st and trining Jupiter in 5th, and the third one, May 9, 2013, occurred exactly on my 8th house cusp in Taurus opposing my 2nd house cusp in Scorpio, and so far the only thing that I'm experiencing is that I have no job, I'm flat broke BUT highly determinant to succeed :)

I wouldn't think an eclipse to a cusp would have any effect... I find the eclipse has to be fairly tightly conjunct, square, oppose or maybe trine a natal planet. The quality of the eclipse may reflect the quality of the planet, I am guessing as I haven't had an eclipse on my natal Moon for some time. The Sun has a masculine/outward effect, as I felt during my solar eclipse to Sun.

I think also look to progressions, see if they are signifying something similar to what the eclipse may be triggering...

I have also read somewhere that lunar eclipse, not only indicate endings, but can be more felt internally. Maybe more on an emotional level and not in some external 'noticable' event.

It may also have something to do with the way your natal planet expresses itself and if there is a progression to help, change or even hinder the planet's expression. My natal Sun, at the time of the eclipse, is usually a singleton and I have had trouble expressing my independence at work (Cap Sun in 2nd house) and financially. At the time of the solar eclipse to natal Sun, my Sun was progressing trine to my 10th house Uranus, which was happening when I was made redundant through which I got the payout. That was my last full time office job. The solar eclipse was also conjunct transiting Venus (ruler of my 10/6th/5th houses in the 2nd house).... Venus also = money.

I believe the progressed Moon was also making a trine to prog Sun and natal Uranus when I got my first regular teaching job, and guess what, I had a new Moon on the same point, new Moon on natal Sun, when I covered the class at this location, and was then brought in to teach regular classes a few months later.

So I've found, eclipses when making aspects to natal planets to plant seeds, which grow later on as things progress down the line.

JUPITERASC

SOPHIA MASON's book FORECASTING WITH NEW, FULL AND QUARTER MOONS THROUGH THE HOUSES is very useful
available on amazon in book as well as kindle edition

Interestingly, there are Western Sidereal astrologers
http://www.solunars.com/ for whom the most recent new moon occurred at 20 degrees Sidereal Cancer
- same new moon - different perspective :smile:
Tropical astrology and Sidereal astrology are the result of having two different ways of measuring the yearly journey of the Earth around the Sun
- i.e. one orbit of the Earth around the Sun = One Solar Year

These two ways of measuring a year are clearly illustrated at
EARTH'S MOTION AROUND THE SUN - NOT AS SIMPLE AS I THOUGH
T http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI&feature=related

So for those such as western sidereal astrologer Kenneth Bowser http://www.westernsiderealastrology.com/ the new moon just occurred in the constellation of Cancer - rather than the sign of Leo - some discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66316