View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2019, 04:35 AM

Re: does anyone here know anything about tarot?

I don't have a good feeling about this deck. The Ryder-Waite deck (which I use occasionally) was based on some spiritual principles, but this deck (plus some others that are out there) is based on a fantasy series that was anything but. I watched the first season, but decided I didn't need all of the gratuitous sex and violence, and ended it there.

Having said that, I don't think this Tarot spread is offering you much hope. The queen of spears looks austere and unwelcoming. (In the Ryder-Waite deck the wands are wooden staffs sprouting green leaves. The queen of wands has a solar, Leo energy.) With the page of pentacles, are you in it for the money? The fool should be a very spiritual message that you are taking the first steps of a journey, but liable to misstep.

However, if the Game of Thrones was very meaningful to you, you know which characters the cards represent. You can think about what the characters symbolize to you, and derive your meanings from them.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.