How did you get into astrology?

Silversong

I was reading someone's blog and noticed that he made a post about his sun sign and how he considered it important to relate to people of compatible signs. Out of curiosity I looked up our sun sign's compatibilities and then I started reading about how all of the planets are involved and I moved on from there! :biggrin:

Inline

I was in England for a short holiday break, during a study year in Germany.
I was desperate for anything english, and decided to take as many books as i could carry, and dropped into a used bookstore in Cambridge for a look around. There in front of me on the counter, was Sargents' 'Rising Signs'.
I spent the rest of the day reading the entire book from cover to cover and I've been hooked ever since.....:cool:

lunamoon

My mom had the program "World of Wisdom" and printed me an interpretation of my birth chart. I was only about 12 at the time so I really didn't take it seriously, but after becoming an adult I learned there's so much more to astrology than the generalized sun sign horoscopes--that's when my intrigue took a turn for the better! :tongue:

jossa

My earliest memory of anything related to astrology was a person on tv who was telling horoscopes in Spanish. His name was Walter Mercado. My grandma seemed to place great importance on it so I was quiet so she could listen. Then on a school trip to the library I found books on the subject and I have been wrapped up in it ever since. It's a really fun and interesting hobby. I don't think anyone could ever know all there is to know about it because of all the combinations there could be. I think that is why I like it as well. I kind of love being frustrated! hehehe :love:

Queen-Mab

My parents were doing a big spring clenaing in our house when I was about 8, 9 years old and in a box of books I found they were throwing away an astrology book. what actually caught my eye was the cover of the book, the zodiac wheel with all the symbols and the one that I liked the most was the symbol of VIRGO. It was the first one that hypnotized me straight away. So I picked the book and asked my dad what was that about and he said : that was all rubbish, to be thrown away. But I was stubborn (scorpio rising), I picked the book and started reading and after 2 minutes I asked: which one is my star sign?

I think that he knew...but he kept saying astrology was a bs...He really wanted to throw the book away but I kept it and devoured everything I could find about astrology, I was going really crazy about that. But back in the timen( It was 1987) in Rio de Janeiro, at the age of 8 there was nothing much and nobody I could really ask to give me books. So I got into reading about mythology from the Encyclopaedia Brittanica , and I readed about every planet/greek entity goddess I could. That was so rewarding, I would spend hours and hours reading and reading and the myths over and over again. When I was 12 I started looking for astrology books at school and municipal libraries...The process of understanding it was very slow hence, my family was not supportice, very skeptical parents.

But I m happy at 33 years old and I seek guidance from the stars and I try to help friends through it too.

Peace and Light to all of you.

pinny

It's always bothered me that I fail to connect with people. I've always wondered why I can't make friends easier. I started studying astrology to look for an answer. It's help me understand myself better, as well as other people.

Claire19

It's always interesting to hear other peoples' experiences with astrology, so how did you get into it?

I began studying it about a year ago when Uranus was in trine with my natal Jupiter and Neptune was tightly conjunct my north node.
I started on my Saturn return at 29 years of age. I was sick of feeling a victim to the fates and wanted a more indepth understanding of life and my part in it. I learned to draw up charts manually with text books
and attended lectures and seminars. Bought books etc. I have Uranus conjunct NN in Gemini. That may have been triggered off as well as my Saturn Mercury conjunct Pluto and sextile Neptune in the 8th of life and death matters.. I also have a trine to Jupiter from Uranus.

Claire19

My parents were doing a big spring clenaing in our house when I was about 8, 9 years old and in a box of books I found they were throwing away an astrology book. what actually caught my eye was the cover of the book, the zodiac wheel with all the symbols and the one that I liked the most was the symbol of VIRGO. It was the first one that hypnotized me straight away. So I picked the book and asked my dad what was that about and he said : that was all rubbish, to be thrown away. But I was stubborn (scorpio rising), I picked the book and started reading and after 2 minutes I asked: which one is my star sign?

I think that he knew...but he kept saying astrology was a bs...He really wanted to throw the book away but I kept it and devoured everything I could find about astrology, I was going really crazy about that. But back in the timen( It was 1987) in Rio de Janeiro, at the age of 8 there was nothing much and nobody I could really ask to give me books. So I got into reading about mythology from the Encyclopaedia Brittanica , and I readed about every planet/greek entity goddess I could. That was so rewarding, I would spend hours and hours reading and reading and the myths over and over again. When I was 12 I started looking for astrology books at school and municipal libraries...The process of understanding it was very slow hence, my family was not supportice, very skeptical parents.

But I m happy at 33 years old and I seek guidance from the stars and I try to help friends through it too.

Peace and Light to all of you.
That you started at such a young age is wonderful.Of course we need to be mature to handle it all properly on a deep level and have some life experience to help others but what a marvellous tool it is. I am still passionate about astrology after 30 years and still learning as well.
I remember when I was about 9 my neighbour upstairs talked about astrology to me and that may have triggered off my interest later on with Uranus on the NN in the 4th of home, Gemini of neighbours.

NikaWhite

I got into astrology when I was a child- so to say.

My parents had a bookcase which was filled with books. When I was about 8 years old I went through the books and the book on astrological signs has captivated my attention. My parents were completely unaware that they had the book all this time and they did not even know what astrology was about. I started reading that book after school and at the same time reading it has made me popular. My classmates would ask me what sun signs they were and than would expect me to tell them about their character traits, strengths and weaknesses. Ever since I was reading books on astrology and with time as I have accumulated knowledge, skills and experience I have become a professional astrologer.

Nika White.

Last edited:
O

OrcinusOrca

When I was a teenager I started reading about astrology because I wanted to know more about my sun sign. I've gradually read more and more and delved deeper and deeper ever since.

I find it interesting that some of your parents were also interested in astrology. My parents hate my involvement with astrology, believe I'm wasting my time and have tried to dissuade me from being interested in it. They think astrology is complete nonsense, but they seem to strongly believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected and all of that.

I started reading news paper to read my horoscope and from there I get a little interest in astrology about knowing the daily horoscope predictions. Sometimes I got the right predictions and after then I started reading horoscope online. Online there are so many sources from where I read horoscope randomly and get a little interest increase from there. And then I read my career horoscope {edited by moderator}to check whether I am going in right direction or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

apelophy

I got into astrology this far because four months ago, I desperately wanted any answer, or at least clue, about who I am (from other's point of view), what had happened to me and what was inclined to happen to my life.

I have been drawn into a guy very much like never before for several years...My life during the time was very messy as well. There were so many changes happened as I didn't know what I could expect or predict about my own life...So astrology was one of many ways for finding some guidelines.

The first attempted was just ordering Personal Horoscope and Love Horoscope from Astro.com and that's it. But somehow I ended up searching for more information about aspects in my own chart and others'. lol

By the way, astrologically speaking, there was a transit indicating that I would get into religious practices, astrology, or secret studying at the time as well. I don't remember what exactly was that though...

starlovers96

First I heard I'm libra and I got a little book about it when I was 10, never looked at it till a month ago. It was very intresting and in it was written that some other planets can have influences on your character, attitude etc. , so I thought that it was intresting to look at the other signs. And on internet I got more and more and more information and now I like this so much because it is true!