Help me to understand a Yod in my daughter's natal chart

mpal01

Hi everyone!

My daughter, Maria, has 1 Yod, with: Saturn (scorpio, house 4) in a sextile aspect with Pluto (capricorn, house 5), and both in aspect with Júpiter ( Gemini, house 11). I've read a lot about this Yod, produced in December-2012, but it's difficult to understand for me the meaning of it in my daughter's natal chart.

Also, I see a figure that I don't know if it's a Yod, because it has one point in a sextile instead of a planet: Pluto (ápex), Ascendant (leo)-Júpiter (sextile). I've read that a real Yod has as an apex, the fastest planet of the three of them. Is it ok?

Can you help me to interpretate this natal chart. I would really appreciate it!.

María was born : November 20th 2012 in Barcelona (Spain) at 20:35.

Thanking you!

Phadre

Hello Mpal --

Astrology is a great way to understand our children's natures, especialy as they get older.

I do, however, remember my first astrology mentor's wise words: don't obsess too much about a baby's chart. Too much risk of "self fullfilling prophecy."

Instead, focus on her moon sign -- for that's what babies are -- all emotion and feeling.

Your little one appears to have a Pisces moon -- ! My sweet little niece has this as well. She can be "difficult" in that she is easily "upset" and is very "clingy" and fearful of strangers. She is exteremly sensitive - for example, her father has glasses, and she fears all men who do not wear them, which is rather upsetting to her adoring uncles! But she is a beautiful and very loving little girl! :)

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
IMO, YOD's are structures that don't impact us until later in life, between ages 30 and 50. The are dependent of the actions and events that happen generally from the time the child is about 18 to the time that the YOD comes to fruition.

So looking at a YOD for a child who is two is.....well.... sort of putting the cart before the horse.

waybread

You need 3 actual planets for a yod formation, not chart angles or sensitive points. The apex planet is the one at the pointer tip of the triangle, in this case Jupiter. As your daughter gets older, she will feel herself under some pressure to develop her Jupiter nature.

Krewster

T'would be a double faux pas to over-analyze a baby's chart allowing 7+ degree wide orbs for minor aspects like the inconjunct.

Tightening up, the alleged Yod's base sextile remains there but Jup is tri-septile Pluto and bi-quintile Sat. So far from a Yod (and anyway, without a personal planet's involvement there's not much to be said).

Surely, instead, you've spent more time enjoying your child's fantastic/unusual double minor trine (the 60-120-60) each point of which involves a personal planet conjunct a heavier planet.

Anyway, remote analysis of a baby doesn't sound like a good idea (though I certainly indulge for own kid).