Are there any positives to having a packed 8th house....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunraku

Why yes dear! :)

www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html

Main Rulerships:
All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss. The quality and nature of death. Who shall be heir to the deceased. Unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased (note that paternity - wealth from the parents - is also shown by the 4th house).
Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party. Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others. (In seeking a good time for a loan, make sure that the ruler of the 2nd house is dignified and strong - a strong 8th house ruler is more likely to indicate favour for the lender).
Transits through this house often show a need to consolidate and accept the loss of elements of life that are no longer fruitful or have served their purpose; the nature of the planet will indicate how the loss is accepted.
Traditional astrology relates the eighth house to crisis, hidden matters, anguish of mind, poison and deadly fears; yet psychological astrology often refers to it as a house of inner transformation and growth. It should be remembered that true transformation follows the burst of creativity that occurs after the lessons of this house have been properly digested. Only by facing our innermost fears are we able to overcome them and move on with the strength of experience and wisdom. But this house is not relevant to the period of growth, its concern is the inhibiting factors that stand in our way. It is a house of personal vulnerability, albeit perhaps a necessary vulnerability from which we may eventually gain. It is wise to avoid any financial gambles or high-risk activities during periods when this house is heavily emphasised.

Qualities:
Succeedent, feminine, nocturnal. This is a 'dark' house which is denied the light of the ascendant by traditional aspect. Although it succeeds to an angle, its decline towards the descendant is symbolic of loss of personal strength....

But first...
We would have to analyze the chart for such indicators...

So where might that chart be?

anne3

Banned
What does this mean:

Although it succeeds to an angle, its decline towards the descendant is symbolic of loss of personal strength....

anne3

Banned
Just read this:

House of Sex
The Eighth House is commonly referred to as the House of Sex. This House delves into relationships -- interactions with another and how certain aspects of those interactions can take on a more communal nature. It speaks to what our relationships will bring us and how we can get the most out of them.

Would anyone say this is true??

raqun

In my experience it depends. You can have long periods with no sex, then you find a person with whom sex is so amazing and on another level, that you both feel like "this is it".

On the money side it also depends. You can get into a lot of debts, but at other times just get some money from "thin air".

It's the house of extremes. It hurts a lot of the time, but it's also so amazing at times, that you think you can fly. A packed 8ght house realy makes you feel alive both ways.

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Stelliums are an indicator of what theme or key highlights you will be faced with in this lifetime. Think of it as a focal point.

anne3

Banned
In my experience it depends. You can have long periods with no sex, then you find a person with whom sex is so amazing and on another level, that you both feel like "this is it".

On the money side it also depends. You can get into a lot of debts, but at other times just get some money from "thin air".

It's the house of extremes. It hurts a lot of the time, but it's also so amazing at times, that you think you can fly. A packed 8ght house realy makes you feel alive both ways.

Do you have a packed 8th house too?

JUPITERASC

Just read this:

House of Sex
The Eighth House is commonly referred to as the House of Sex. This House delves into relationships --
interactions with another and how certain aspects of those interactions can take on a more communal nature.
It speaks to what our relationships will bring us and how we can get the most out of them.

Would anyone say this is true??
Main Rulerships of 8th House :smile:

'.....All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss.
Unexpected inheritance, wills, legacies and testaments of the deceased
(note that paternity - wealth from the parents - is also shown by the 4th house).
Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party.
Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others....'

'...Traditional astrology relates the eighth house to crisis, hidden matters, anguish of mind, poison and deadly fears;
yet psychological astrology often refers to it as a house of inner transformation and growth.
It should be remembered that true transformation follows the burst of creativity that occurs
after the lessons of this house have been properly digested.
Only by facing our innermost fears are we able to overcome them
and move on with the strength of experience and wisdom...'

'....But this house is not relevant to the period of growth,
its concern is the inhibiting factors that stand in our way
It is a house of personal vulnerability, albeit perhaps a necessary vulnerability from which we may eventually gain.
It is wise to avoid any financial gambles or high-risk activities during periods when this house is heavily emphasised....
' http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h8.html

photon11111

Premium Member
Need to see the whole chart, but my first thought was that you will teach yourself a lot if you watch and listen. Most lessons are painful.

Again, need to see the whole chart, but it could have something to do with a partners money.

There are many things it represents.

anne3

Banned
Need to see the whole chart, but my first thought was that you will teach yourself a lot if you watch and listen. Most lessons are painful.

Again, need to see the whole chart, but it could have something to do with a partners money.

There are many things it represents.

Here is the chart. Is there a away to tell what positives of the 8th house I will deal with based on my chart?

2jflggg.gif

Flapjacks

I find 8th house heavy shows a person who can have penetrating insight into matters that most people are afraid to discuss or deal with; a keeper or unearther of secrets, which I think it is a positive thing, anyway.

photon11111

Premium Member
I don't know if I will ever get used to this type of chart. It is hard for me to read. The first 20 years of my practice, I used pencil, paper, table of houses and ephemeris to cast charts. I could see everything together. It is much easier to use a computer though.

No life is without pain. Embrace the pain as the essence of life. After you have been able to do that, it looks like you can transmute that to help other people. The Saturn, Neptune connection is positive even though it leaves something of a little confusion if your mind. That confusion allows you to see things others cannot. A positive Pluto connection gives you the ability to push to the very depths and come up with a joyous shout "Look". Jupiter connected to this gives you the opportunity share and give; better through your home (fourth house).

Three angular houses are involved. Use the areas represent by these three house to be your guide as to where you fulfill you destiny.

anne3

Banned
I was hoping there would be more than just being able to help others with 8th house issues. With such a packed house is there anything in there for me?

Photon11111 - how do you become a VIP Member? l have never seen that before! Also, when you write :A positive Pluto connection gives you the ability to push to the very depths and come up with a joyous shout "Look". Jupiter connected to this gives you the opportunity share and give; better through your home (fourth house). -----what do you mean by a joyous shout "look" and when you refer to the 4th house home, do you mean home I grew up in as a child or home I will make for myself with spouse, kids.

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I was hoping there would be more than just being able to help others with 8th house issues. With such a packed house is there anything in there for me?

What do you mean, "for you"? It sounds like you want something in particular. I'd think that being able to read people, get to the heart of matters, and uncover secrets isn't explicitly about helping others.

I know you have that Libra dominance, and you feel like you're always giving yourself and have none left for you; making compromises. The house shows where those tendencies come out.

If you're left feeling drained or not taken care of, it may be best for you to be alone for a while and concentrate on your needs that way, without distractions. Your 12th house (being alone) is ruled by Saturn in Leo. Leo is about being yourself, your creative potential, focus on development of the self. Saturn restricts but also cultivates. DSC is what you see in others that you want in yourself (in my interpretation).

I feel like Saturn can teach you a lot about how to stand up for yourself and express your desires over the desires of others, so that perhaps you don't feel so much like you are always helping others and not getting anything in return.

Anyway, jeez. No answering the question much, am I! I hope that helps, though, and isn't totally bogus.

Last edited:

dhundhun

This 8th house has several things to consider:
~ Mercury combust
~ Cazimi Moon
~ Sun in fall
~ Pluto detrimental
~ Mars detrimental
~ Saturn/Neptune favorably aspecting Pluto
~ Jupiter favorably aspecting cazimi Moon, Sun

Venus is not in 8th house.

Collectively,it may point to good inheritance (home) and liabilities of inheritance. The 8th house has a lot to do with occult and may incline towards occult.

Vista

The 8th house also has to do with your spouses money and ability to generate income. I think for the most part your partner will be generous with you and able to provide for the family. You could easily be a stay at home mom. Also, he might be older than you.

I have noticed when there is a stellium of planets in the 8th house many times you will find these people in careers where they manage or handle other people money such as investors, financial advisers, and even blackjack or poker dealers.

The rest about the 8th house have been commented on.

anne3

Banned
With 8th house, the only positives I can see are sex and money (inheritance/joint assets). I know it sounds selfish but really my chart does not have much else that is positive (Neptune in 10th= confusing/unstable career & Saturn in 7th = restricting relationships & Jupiter in 4th = good childhood but I'm an adult now).

I don't know many people who could list positives about the 8th house in general let alone a packed 8th house with six planets. I'm just curious if the planets that are in my 8th house indicate anything positive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.