2018 has been hard on me, why to expect next?

Ada

Have you always had financial problems? Or is that something that recently started for you?

Do your financial problems come from not having enough income, or is this a case of, you would be making enough money if you kept a budget, but you don't keep a budget? Do you find yourself hit with a lot of external circumstances, like sudden job loss or unexpected expenses, or do you have financial problems routinely, even without losing your job or having emergency expenses?

I ask because your chart supports both of those scenarios. If your financial problems came on in the last year or two, but your finances were fine before then, it could be related to Uranus opposing your second house ruler, Mars, from the second house. In that case, I would expect the financial problems to be related to a struggle between your personal resources and other people's, and/or inheritance (whether you've inherited money or inherited debt, or had financial problems primarily due to a spouse, partner, ex, or family member).

Your chart as a whole paints a life picture that could result in your income being volatile all the time. Uranus at the midheaven... jobs could be easy come, easy go for you. If you have a stable longterm job, it may be one where the income is volatile... working on commission only, and not being able to count on making commission, for example. It would definitely have to be a job with a lot of variety. And, with your second house ruler in the eighth house--ruler of personal finances in the house of other people's money--your finances are likely to be highly dependent on others'. This could be a situation of being supported mainly by your spouse, or living mostly on family money, or having a job where your salary depends heavily on others' resources and their willingness to share--a grant funded position at a non-profit, for example.

It is both actually. I have never been dependant on other's people's money, but I lost my income suddenly and was spending more than I should due to a relationship. I should have been in a better place right now if I did not make those choices.

EDIT: I did not have any financial problems so far, not even a bit.

Ada

Then what did you mean by this?

I mean in the past I did not have any problems.My problem with finance started from 2017 and up to now. I had been financially independent since 2007 to 2017 but lost my income and spending from my savings right now.

JUPITERASC

The only good thing this astrologer did rectification
My time of birth was mentioned by family members, but I was not sure about it.
He also using rectification confirmed my birth time.
I was born on January 6th, 1984 at 10:01:24 am on local time (7:01L24 UTC).
So the chart you posted is of a rectified time of birth :smile:
would be useful what your family members say was time of birth
according to their recollection

assuming you have no medical records

or it is not written on birth certificate

Ada

So the chart you posted is of a rectified time of birth :smile:
would be useful what your family members say was time of birth
according to their recollection

assuming you have no medical records

or it is not written on birth certificate

That is my family members birth time indication, but also rectification date Was the same.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

That is my family members birth time indication, but also rectification date
Was also the same.
so the rectification confirmed the original time of birth :smile:
nevertheless
you are probably unaware that
different astrologers are likely to find different varying rectifications of times of birth
for the same natal chart
a good example is from celebrity charts
where often astrologers disagree
regarding the likely time the celebritys birth occurred

Ada

so the rectification confirmed the original time of birth :smile:
nevertheless
you are probably unaware that
different astrologers are likely to find different varying rectifications of times of birth
for the same natal chart
a good example is from celebrity charts
where often astrologers disagree
regarding the likely time the celebritys birth occurred

Ahahaha you are saying probably he cheated then :)))) used my own birth time and pretending that he rectified :)

JUPITERASC

Ahahaha you are saying probably he cheated then :))))
used my own birth time and pretending that he rectified
:)
not necessarily :smile:
if you check out Rectification Tips - Verifying Ascendant/Descendant/MC/IC angles
at
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626
there's detailed discussion of rectification with examples
interestingly
one member recounts how he had his chart rectified
only to discover that the original time of birth was reliably noted
and he decided the rectification was null and void
after all it is simply a matter of opinion

Osamenor

Staff member
It is both actually. I have never been dependant on other's people's money, but I lost my income suddenly and was spending more than I should due to a relationship. I should have been in a better place right now if I did not make those choices.

That fits the picture of Uranus opposing your second house ruler being the astrological trigger. Sudden, bolt-from-the-blue events that drastically change our circumstances are Uranus's signature. The loss of your income was that event for you.

Were you already in that relationship when this happened, or did that come along a little later? Is spending more than you should in relationships a repeat pattern for you, or did it only happen in this particular relationship? Are you still in that relationship?

The eighth house is about many things, including other people's money, shared resources, and the undercurrents of a relationship, financial, emotional, and sexual. If you were spending more due to a relationship... did you have a partner who was irresponsible with money, or who simply had financial difficulty themself? Or was something else going on here?

If you have enough savings to live on for the moment, you don't seem to have a history of financial irresponsibility yourself, which is promising. Your chart has placements that could speak to frugality, or to a tendency to spend more than you make. You've obviously chosen the responsible way.

Uranus is moving on now. It won't come into exact opposition with your Mars again during your lifetime. So that particular transit is fading away. How fast your finances recover depends on how you handle the situation going forward. If you continue to manage your money responsibly, and come up with another source of income before your savings are gone, it should work out fine.

Up thread, you mentioned being in graduate school. Do you also work for pay, or are you not doing that while you're in grad school? I notice you mentioned suddenly losing your income, but you didn't say you lost your job. Was your income from work, or from some other source?

Last edited:

Ada

That fits the picture of Uranus opposing your second house ruler being the astrological trigger. Sudden, bolt-from-the-blue events that drastically change our circumstances are Uranus's signature. The loss of your income was that event for you.

Were you already in that relationship when this happened, or did that come along a little later? Is spending more than you should in relationships a repeat pattern for you, or did it only happen in this particular relationship? Are you still in that relationship?

The eighth house is about many things, including other people's money, shared resources, and the undercurrents of a relationship, financial, emotional, and sexual. If you were spending more due to a relationship... did you have a partner who was irresponsible with money, or who simply had financial difficulty themself? Or was something else going on here?

If you have enough savings to live on for the moment, you don't seem to have a history of financial irresponsibility yourself, which is promising. Your chart has placements that could speak to frugality, or to a tendency to spend more than you make. You've obviously chosen the responsible way.

Uranus is moving on now. It won't come into exact conjunction with your Mars again during your lifetime. So that particular transit is fading away. How fast your finances recover depends on how you handle the situation going forward. If you continue to manage your money responsibly, and come up with another source of income before your savings are gone, it should work out fine.

Up thread, you mentioned being in graduate school. Do you also work for pay, or are you not doing that while you're in grad school? I notice you mentioned suddenly losing your income, but you didn't say you lost your job. Was your income from work, or from some other source?
Income was from scholarship and from grad school. One of the reasons why I posted my chart is to look at if finishing up grad school this year is possible which would eventually help my finance.

I am together with the same person but we are living apart, long distance now, ( I am not really into putting energy relationship or do something about it, my primary concern is my schooling and finishing up the school). That is a long story really. I have been a very generous person, which I should not have. I learned my lesson!

I had to update my post , there were too much details.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Income was from scholarship and from grad school.
That is exactly the kind of thing I meant by other people's money. You may not be living directly off other people--it's not like you're being supported by a spouse or by your family--but your personal income is coming from a source dependent on the goodwill of others. In this case, the others may be an institution rather than an individual, but it's still very eighth house.
One of the reasons why I posted my chart is to look at if finishing up grad school this year is possible which would eventually help my finance.
That's impossible to say based on your natal chart alone. It depends on how far along you are with grad school, what you have left to complete, and whether there are any barriers to completion. Are you on track to finish this year?

Since you are heavily focused on grad school right now, it's probably reflected in your most recent solar return chart. That chart probably would show a likelihood of barriers to finishing this year, or lack of them.
I am together with the same person but we are living apart, long distance now, ( I am not really into putting energy relationship or do something about it, my primary concern is my schooling and finishing up the school). That is a long story really. I have been a very generous person, which I should not have. I learned my lesson!

I had to update my post , there were too much details.
I caught a glimpse of the details you posted, and they were actually relevant. And related to your natal chart. But I don't remember enough off the top of my head to be able to give a good response.

Ada

That is exactly the kind of thing I meant by other people's money. You may not be living directly off other people--it's not like you're being supported by a spouse or by your family--but your personal income is coming from a source dependent on the goodwill of others. In this case, the others may be an institution rather than an individual, but it's still very eighth house.

That's impossible to say based on your natal chart alone. It depends on how far along you are with grad school, what you have left to complete, and whether there are any barriers to completion. Are you on track to finish this year?

Since you are heavily focused on grad school right now, it's probably reflected in your most recent solar return chart. That chart probably would show a likelihood of barriers to finishing this year, or lack of them.

I caught a glimpse of the details you posted, and they were actually relevant. And related to your natal chart. But I don't remember enough off the top of my head to be able to give a good response.

Thank you again for taking time and responding.After grad school, academia is the place that I would go into. Well, I am almost done, maybe this year or by may 2019, just writing it to finish.
Do not worry about the part you missed, I really put too much info about my personal life, and felt uncomfortable about it.

Finishing is my main goal, hopefully, I will.

Osamenor

Staff member
In a very general way, I remember that your financial problems were caused by the combination of losing your income and spending too much because of a relationship--when your partner potentially could have covered expenses that they were asking of you, and/or that you insisted on paying yourself, and those expenses were really outside your means. That is a risk with your chart, for reasons that can be covered with basic sign and house placement information.

Your second house cusp is in Aries, which tells us that your approach to your own money--how you make it, how you spend it, what it means to you--is Aries-like. Aries is all about self, will, individuating, and independence. "I can do it myself!" is a very Aries motto. If there were any planets in your second house, they would further modify that message, but since there aren't, the next place to look is your second house ruler, which is Mars.

Mars is very much like Aries in that it's all about self will, drive, and independence. But Libra has a very different message. Libra is all about peace, harmony, relating to others. Libra is a great sign for partnership. Libra can also be something of a pushover, because it so badly wants to keep the peace, and will do so at any cost. Mars in Libra has to act in a Libra way, even though that's contrary to its nature (that's why Mars in Libra is considered to be in detriment), so an "I can do it myself!" attitude becomes, "I can keep the peace by doing it myself, never mind any limits to my means to do it myself."

The eighth house is other people's money, shared resources, and a your partner's approach to making and spending money. That's where your Mars in Libra is most likely to be swayed, and you are at greatest risk of overextending your resources to keep the peace. You might have no trouble at all hanging onto your money outside of relationship pressures, but when they're present, that's when you're more likely to feel you can't say no.

The eighth house is also where social taboos and underlying expectations live. I see it as where we keep our unconscious expectations about our place in society. That includes deeply held beliefs regarding gender roles and relationship dynamics. Women are, generally, expected to keep the peace and not say no, especially in a romantic relationship with a man. Even if you don't consciously hold that expectation for yourself, your eighth house Mars in Libra--and in trine with your moon, which also is an indicator of your sense of femininity--suggests that you're susceptible to it unconsciously. Since Mars rules your second house, your second house is where the impact of that is most likely to be felt.

It's not just romantic relationships where this might play out, either. Those unconscious expectations might also trip you up if and when you negotiate your salary, or, if your work is grant supported, in claiming grant money. It's not impossible to work around this, but that does require a conscious effort to hold on to your own resources, and claim enough of them, even when you're feeling like you should give up more to keep the peace.

Ada

In a very general way, I remember that your financial problems were caused by the combination of losing your income and spending too much because of a relationship--when your partner potentially could have covered expenses that they were asking of you, and/or that you insisted on paying yourself, and those expenses were really outside your means. That is a risk with your chart, for reasons that can be covered with basic sign and house placement information.

Your second house cusp is in Aries, which tells us that your approach to your own money--how you make it, how you spend it, what it means to you--is Aries-like. Aries is all about self, will, individuating, and independence. "I can do it myself!" is a very Aries motto. If there were any planets in your second house, they would further modify that message, but since there aren't, the next place to look is your second house ruler, which is Mars.

Thank you so much

Mars is very much like Aries in that it's all about self will, drive, and independence. But Libra has a very different message. Libra is all about peace, harmony, relating to others. Libra is a great sign for partnership. Libra can also be something of a pushover, because it so badly wants to keep the peace, and will do so at any cost. Mars in Libra has to act in a Libra way, even though that's contrary to its nature (that's why Mars in Libra is considered to be in detriment), so an "I can do it myself!" attitude becomes, "I can keep the peace by doing it myself, never mind any limits to my means to do it myself."

The eighth house is other people's money, shared resources, and a your partner's approach to making and spending money. That's where your Mars in Libra is most likely to be swayed, and you are at greatest risk of overextending your resources to keep the peace. You might have no trouble at all hanging onto your money outside of relationship pressures, but when they're present, that's when you're more likely to feel you can't say no.

The eighth house is also where social taboos and underlying expectations live. I see it as where we keep our unconscious expectations about our place in society. That includes deeply held beliefs regarding gender roles and relationship dynamics. Women are, generally, expected to keep the peace and not say no, especially in a romantic relationship with a man. Even if you don't consciously hold that expectation for yourself, your eighth house Mars in Libra--and in trine with your moon, which also is an indicator of your sense of femininity--suggests that you're susceptible to it unconsciously. Since Mars rules your second house, your second house is where the impact of that is most likely to be felt.

It's not just romantic relationships where this might play out, either. Those unconscious expectations might also trip you up if and when you negotiate your salary, or, if your work is grant supported, in claiming grant money. It's not impossible to work around this, but that does require a conscious effort to hold on to your own resources, and claim enough of them, even when you're feeling like you should give up more to keep the peace.

Thank you so much Again. This is very very detailed and expakined a lot of hevaiors I have. My attitude is exactly how you described , hate asking for help, I wanna do everything myself, do not overspend by myself, have to earn myself etc etc, but also cannot say no to anyone to keep peace. I am trying to change it, but it is really hard.

Osamenor

Staff member
I wanna do everything myself, do not overspend by myself, have to earn myself etc etc, but also cannot say no to anyone to keep peace. I am trying to change it, but it is really hard.

That way of thinking can change, but it can only change in a way that fits the parameters of your birth chart. You'll have that second/eighth house Mars/Libra dynamic going on in regards to your money and personal resources for all of your life. The trick is to use it in a way that enriches rather than impoverishes you.

The eighth house may be about other people's money, but it's not always about giving your money away to (or having it taken by) other people. It can also be where you receive money from others, and where you are rightfully owed resources that others have. Mars is great at standing up for self, and Libra is the natural diplomat, with a keen sense of justice. With that placement, you could do an excellent job of negotiating your fair share of money that other people hold.

What seems to be missing here is that you don't have the sense that you are entitled to others' resources under certain circumstances. But you are. If you're in a relationship with someone who makes more money than you, it's only fair that they provide their fair share of what they can afford, if they want to do something with you that's beyond your means. If you're negotiating a salary, grant money, anything like that, you are fully entitled to an amount that keeps you financially secure and allows you to do your work without the distraction of money worries. In the case of salary, you're also fully entitled to an amount that meets the market rate for the position and your skills, even if it's more than you feel you need. Settling for less than that would be devaluing yourself.

"I can do it all myself" isn't a bad attitude at all, if it's tweaked a little. It could become something like, "I can do for myself, as long as I receive my fair share, and if I'm not receiving my fair share, then I can negotiate for it, I can fight for it, even if it's a peaceful fight."

Last edited:

Ada

That way of thinking can change, but it can only change in a way that fits the parameters of your birth chart. You'll have that second/eighth house Mars/Libra dynamic going on in regards to your money and personal resources for all of your life. The trick is to use it in a way that enriches rather than impoverishes you.

The eighth house may be about other people's money, but it's not always about giving your money away to (or having it taken by) other people. It can also be where you receive money from others, and where you are rightfully owed resources that others have. Mars is great at standing up for self, and Libra is the natural diplomat, with a keen sense of justice. With that placement, you could do an excellent job of negotiating your fair share of money that other people hold.

What seems to be missing here is that you don't have the sense that you are entitled to others' resources under certain circumstances. But you are. If you're in a relationship with someone who makes more money than you, it's only fair that they provide their fair share of what they can afford, if they want to do something with you that's beyond your means. If you're negotiating a salary, grant money, anything like that, you are fully entitled to an amount that keeps you financially secure and allows you to do your work without the distraction of money worries. In the case of salary, you're also fully entitled to an amount that meets the market rate for the position and your skills, even if it's more than you feel you need. Settling for less than that would be devaluing yourself.

"I can do it all myself" isn't a bad attitude at all, if it's tweaked a little. It could become something like, "I can do for myself, as long as I receive my fair share, and if I'm not receiving my fair share, then I can negotiate for it, I can fight for it, even if it's a peaceful fight."

Well I am learning this, takes time. Aside from my attidue towards money and spending, what do you think that I should expect from 2018 for career and finance by just looking at my chart?

Osamenor

Staff member
Well I am learning this, takes time. Aside from my attidue towards money and spending, what do you think that I should expect from 2018 for career and finance by just looking at my chart?

That can't be predicted just by looking at your chart. What happens regarding your finances and your career depends on your situation and on how you respond to it. Your chart doesn't show that.

All astrology can do is indicate what kind of energy is up in what area of your life. But even then, the meanings are very broad. Uranus opposing your second house ruler from your second house corresponded with a sudden loss of income for you, but it could just as easily have indicated sudden gain, or just plain unpredictability. Or, it might not have played out in your finances at all. You might have instead had some sudden loss or gain in material possessions, or had your personal sense of security challenged (stirred up, unpredictable--that's Uranus) on an emotional level. The second house has more indications than just money.

Because you did experience a hit to your finances when Uranus opposed your second house ruler, that tells us that personal finances are the way a second house transit is most likely to challenge you. And that's the most likely way because there's a weak spot in how you handle personal finances. Astrology didn't cause that. It just shows that if you have a weakness regarding finances, it will be the tendency to overextend your resources in relationship to others.

Similarly, anything involving your tenth house could have career implications, but it could also mean that you take on a public role in your community (could be something as simple as starting a social group for grad students at your university, or lobbying for a change in school policy), or experience a change in social status (like getting married or divorced or becoming a parent), or moving to a new community. Since tenth house opposes the fourth (home, family), tenth house transits may be felt equally or more in the fourth--moving to take a new job, for instance, or being seen in a new way by people in your new community. The broad meaning of the tenth house is public reputation.

So, really, there's no way to make a hard and fast prediction.

Ada

hope inputs help pick and reflect as relevant,
do share feedbacks how true-insightful-useful,
traits-talents-health-events-prospects-plans etc etc :

moon mystic acq asc sign 12th, reformist, counselor, scientific thinking;
separative ketu SNode now 1.5yr transit moon acq 12th, accident prone,
pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-legs-feet-sciatica pain etc,
detachment from mother-motherland perhaps, and expenses;

natal ketu sag 10th hold the flag of success high,
though with career-job changes;
pain-injury-surgery thighs-knee -liver-kidneys-skin etc etc

jup own sag 10th, growth-riches through conceptual leadership,
knowledge-based advisory roles,
sag philosophical, optimist, ambitious, love of law-justice;
jup-mer-venus sag artistic aptitudes, medicine, poetry etc,
ketu sag hyper-impulsive;

rahu NNode gemini 4th, clever, tactical, curious, foreign lands;
jup-mer-venus sag opp rahu, rise-fall in life to care,
seek blessings of ancestors observing fast No-moon evenings
taking milk-fruits;

sun cap 11th, gains from govt, corporates, social elite,
ambitious, hardworking, event management;

sat now 2.5yr transit cap 11th for tech gains,
and gains through old friends/old people;
while transit sun may impact health,
arms-shoulders-ears-knees-heart-stomach etc;

libra-venus inimical-malefic for acq asc,
inimical venus over sag 9th, seeking splendor,
stress-delays in luck-edu-travels;

mars 9th lord negating to 8th,
negating luck and support from father probably,
mars inimical-malefic libra 8th,
accident prone, urological-kidney inflammations;

mars aspect own aries 2nd protective of finances,
but may not be good for health of family members;
mars elevated aspect over cap 11th supportive of income-gains;
jup sag trine aries 2nd again protective of family-finances;

sat asc lord and lord 11th for gains over scorpio 8th,
prone to sudden losses;
sat scorpio research-occult-forensic-investigative aptitudes;
secretive, sentimental, sarcastic, passionate;
prone to chronic urological health issues, constipation, piles, etc
jup now transit sat scorpio enhancing the traits-prospects;
while prone to chronic liver issues possibly;

jup now retrograde for 4-5m towards inimical libra-mars 8th,
reviewing and delaying things and under stress, with health issues;

jup scorpio trine elevated aspect cancer 5th
protective of luck-edu-romance-children-position;

jup year end come 019 move to own sag transit jup-mer-venus,
promoting career, leadership, art-poetry, advisory roles, relationship;
and trine aspect aries 2nd supportive of family-finances;
and trine leo 7th supportive of marriage-relationship;
sun lord 7th over 11th, gains through marriage possibly;

look forward to prompt pointwise feedbacks,
wishing well with jupiter,

kshantaram

Hey thank you for the explanation. I do have chronic skin conditions, and yes I am in foreign lands, in higher education etc. I will send a message to you. I appreciate your input a lot.

Ada

pain-injury-surgery thighs-knee -liver-kidneys-skin etc etc

jup own sag 10th, growth-riches through conceptual leadership,
knowledge-based advisory roles,
sag philosophical, optimist, ambitious, love of law-justice;
jup-mer-venus sag artistic aptitudes, medicine, poetry etc,
ketu sag hyper-impulsive;

rahu NNode gemini 4th, clever, tactical, curious, foreign lands;
jup-mer-venus sag opp rahu, rise-fall in life to care,
seek blessings of ancestors observing fast No-moon evenings
taking milk-fruits;

sun cap 11th, gains from govt, corporates, social elite,
ambitious, hardworking, event management;

sat now 2.5yr transit cap 11th for tech gains,
and gains through old friends/old people;
while transit sun may impact health,
arms-shoulders-ears-knees-heart-stomach etc;

libra-venus inimical-malefic for acq asc,
inimical venus over sag 9th, seeking splendor,
stress-delays in luck-edu-travels;

mars 9th lord negating to 8th,
negating luck and support from father probably,
mars inimical-malefic libra 8th,
accident prone, urological-kidney inflammations;

mars aspect own aries 2nd protective of finances,
but may not be good for health of family members;
mars elevated aspect over cap 11th supportive of income-gains;
jup sag trine aries 2nd again protective of family-finances;

sat asc lord and lord 11th for gains over scorpio 8th,
prone to sudden losses;
secretive, sentimental, sarcastic, passionate;
prone to chronic urological health issues, constipation, piles, etc

jup now transit sat scorpio
enhancing the traits-prospects;
research-occult aptitudes;
while prone to chronic liver issues possibly;

jup now retrograde for 4-5m towards inimical libra-mars 8th,
reviewing and delaying things and under stress, with health issues;

jup scorpio trine elevated aspect cancer 5th
protective of luck-edu-romance-children-position;

jup year end come 019 move to own sag transit jup-mer-venus,
promoting career, leadership, art-poetry, advisory roles, relationship;
and trine aspect aries 2nd supportive of family-finances;
and trine leo 7th supportive of marriage-relationship;
sun lord 7th over 11th, gains through marriage possibly;

look forward to prompt pointwise feedbacks,
wishing well with jupiter,

kshantaram

Hello again,

"Jup now retrograde for 4-5m towards inimical libra-mars 8th,
reviewing and delaying things and under stress, with health issues;"

I have been reading this time to time, sometimes its hard for me to understand, but this sentence above is ver point on. Yes things got delayed and I have to have a major surgery.

When will be the a good time that things would get better both financially and academically and health wise?

I have had a horrible summer !

kshantaram

Premium Member