Simple Question.

lilax

I read this chart myself and I have just started learning, but it's clear to me that the answer is yes. The moon is making many applying aspects, and the one that jumps out at me is the Venus opposition. What could this mean?

I really appreciate any help I can get from more experienced one's out there. Thanks much! :)

Last edited:

hiimnotcool

You use traditional rulership with horary.

That said-you're the Sun and he is Saturn.

They are applying by square so I'd say he probably did.

Then again, the ascendant is very early and usually you don't want it from 0-3 or 27-30 because it signifies something about the question isn't clear or whatever.

Serendipity

I would say the answer is yes also. Sun and Saturn apply square and both under the dignity of Mercury which is the ruler of your 3rd house.

lilax

Thanks Guy's!

I asked the question immediatley after I couldn't access my email. He was the only one I thought of. Can the reason he did this be seen in the horary, or how he is feeling?

archergirl

How is it clear, since you don't know what the applying opposition means? :) ;)

I don't think an applying square is necessarily indicative of hacking, especially since there is no mutual reception. What this shows is a difficult relationship of some sort without much interest in resolution.

Neither is there any aspect between the Moon and the significators, showing their connection, so I do wonder what sort of relationship this is? The Moon is applying to oppose Venus, ruler of the 11th and 4th...but the querent hasn't explained the relationship between him/herself and the Saturn person. Perhaps an ex-friend? Venus has to have signification, but it is up to the querent to explain the symbolism based on past experiences with this other person...otherwise, we can only guess.

The Moon is in Via Combusta...it is immediately applying to Jupiter, ruler of the turned 3rd. The problem with this aspect is that you are asking about something that has already happened, but an applying aspect usually shows things that haven't happened yet. This being the case it seems doubtful that this 'he' was involved in it, although I take note of Uranus sitting in the 9th and Mercury, ruler of your email, applying by sextile, so it's a possibility, however slim. This would seem to me to be some sort of technical error rather than human interference, because both Mercury and Uranus are more or less neutral planets.

But again, without knowing the reasons why you think it's this particular person, and what his relationship is to you, it's best not to guess. A judgement without the full story is not a good judgement.

AG:)

normak

archergirl said:
How is it clear, since you don't know what the applying opposition means? :) ;)

I don't think an applying square is necessarily indicative of hacking, especially since there is no mutual reception. What this shows is a difficult relationship of some sort without much interest in resolution.

Neither is there any aspect between the Moon and the significators, showing their connection, so I do wonder what sort of relationship this is? The Moon is applying to oppose Venus, ruler of the 11th and 4th...but the querent hasn't explained the relationship between him/herself and the Saturn person. Perhaps an ex-friend? Venus has to have signification, but it is up to the querent to explain the symbolism based on past experiences with this other person...otherwise, we can only guess.

The Moon is in Via Combusta...it is immediately applying to Jupiter, ruler of the turned 3rd. The problem with this aspect is that you are asking about something that has already happened, but an applying aspect usually shows things that haven't happened yet. This being the case it seems doubtful that this 'he' was involved in it, although I take note of Uranus sitting in the 9th and Mercury, ruler of your email, applying by sextile, so it's a possibility, however slim. This would seem to me to be some sort of technical error rather than human interference, because both Mercury and Uranus are more or less neutral planets.

But again, without knowing the reasons why you think it's this particular person, and what his relationship is to you, it's best not to guess. A judgement without the full story is not a good judgement.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. It's a radical chart; the Moon is Void of Course and makes no aspect to either significator. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. :)

lilax

Well, maybe I can draw another chart when the moon isn't in combusta.

Horary aside, I know it was him because there was something inside my email that pretty much proved it I think.

Last edited:

archergirl

If you already knew the answer, why did you ask a horary question? Horary should be reserved for questions you really need to know the answer to, questions with feeling and meaning behind them. Otherwise, you may as well just ask a Magic Eight Ball. Drawing another chart for the same question is not likely to yield you a different answer, even if the answer in this one is one that you don't like. The Moon in Via Combusta does not invalidate a chart; quite the contrary. It shows that the querent is inherently anxious and that the situation is unstable and unreliable. That you already knew the answer would bear the Moon's position out.

AG;)

archergirl

You are missing my point. Horary is reliable. What isn't reliable are the people who ask the questions. Because you are a beginner this is to be expected; but horary is not a party trick. It's not a 'guess the answer to the question' sort of thing. What it requires, to get a good chart, is a question that burns the querent's heart, that they can't find an answer to any other way, that they've spent a lot of time searching their hearts about. Horary very seldom works well for 'just wondering' questions, because there has to be an impetus behind the question to drive it.

As I mentioned, you have noted that you already pretty much knew the answer, so the question itself was already duff. I personally still have my doubts, from the chart, but as of course you never explained the situation or who this person was, what I think about the chart is less important than what you already know about the situation. Horary takes a lot of study and practice to 'get', but the most important thing to 'get' about it, is what sorts of questions you ought to be asking.

lilax

I understand but when someone asks where their lost keys are, it doesn't exactly strike me as 'burning in their heart'.

I stated this was a simple question. The person is somebody of the opposite sex who I regard as special. However, I don't think the chart is cast correctly so I will let it go now.

archergirl

Well, the difference between 'lost keys' questions and your question is that you already knew the answer.:p Lost object horaries are quite good, because people generally don't ask the question until after they've torn their house apart looking for the darn things, so there IS an impetus to the question.

There is no such thing as a 'simple' horary question when it involves relationships. The trouble with the sort of question that you asked, is that there was a whole background to the situation that we, as astrologers, weren't privy to, and believe me that the whole situation can be read into a chart, even when your question appears 'simple' on the surface. This is why we like to have background information, because otherwise it's a bit like looking into a dark hole and trying to figure out what's sitting in the bottom of it.