Uranus opposite Pluto - Mucking up my intentions

Jettabor

Dear astrologers near and far. Please take a look at my transit configurations and tell me if some of my problems stem from the current Uranus Opposite Pluto transit. It looks to me as if transit Uranus is sitting above my 10th house of career - and that my transit Pluto is hovering above my 6th house of health-- my natal Pluto is in the 4th house of home opposing Uranus (tension with life partner) and I'm finding it very difficult to hold on to my goals and my mental health.

I am one class away (statistics for experimental design) from graduating with my degree (I consider my studies to be my career at this point) and I am also the most depressed I've ever been. I was wondering if this had to do with the opposition. I am finding it incredibly hard to concentrate on my studies, and my thoughts keep turning to all the ways I've disappointed myself and others in my life through my actions. Its almost like this depression is trying to cloud my mind up so fully that I commit yet another self fulfilling prophecy of disappointment and I fail to complete my degree.

It looks like this configuration ends next Wednesday, will I be able to concentrate better then? I feel like I am losing my mind.

Attachments

• Transits.jpg
    Transits.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

kimbermoon

Indeed Uranus transits can create distracted thinking and loss of concentration. More importantly the Pluto involvement also sets up a t-square with natal Pluto, so the pressure is intensified.

Mars also transiting your Moon can cause some serious emotional triggers that affect your outer life. With Mars now finishing up another 2 year cycle for you, this is a clearing up phase before the new cycle begins anew when it moves over to Taurus. The Mars cycle is more transitory, whereas Uranus and Pluto move much more slowly, so their influence is of longer duration.

Pluto brings about necessary purging of the Soul and it's influence can also be much more subtle, stimulating whatever psychological patterns that are troublesome in the life. Pluto in the 4th H shows a lot of baggage from the past that is needing to be cleared away. Look to it's natal aspects to find keys for unraveling your inner karmic mysteries.

No wonder you are feeling so adrift! Hold on, this too shall pass.

Jettabor

Thank you Kimbermoon,

I've been waking up every morning to just cry. I alternate the crying with vivid fantasies of climbing into my car and driving south until I get somewhere with sunshine to start my life over again. I know I can't and that my future security rests on finishing my degree here in the Northeastern US.

In many ways I feel like a bird trapped inside a tiny transparent room -- I can see what is outside and I need to force myself to resist bashing my bones apart against the windows in an attempt to escape.

This Pluto/Uranus aspect has been with me for a long time, during this time I cut off contact with all of my family members (too painful, too much mental abuse took place in the past) I've cut off contact with my closest woman friend (since the relationship was largely one-sided and she stopped asking me about my life at all - it became hours of just listening on my part - the relationship was not reciprocal) I stopped wanting to touch anyone or be touched. I have terrible nightmares. Thank you for offering some consolation.

kimbermoon

Greetings:

I get the sense that you are being overwhelmed by the pressures of getting your degree, which represents your future security. Given the transits you are undergoing it would help if you could go deeper within yourself and find a greater purpose in life; when we constantly project into the future, we lose the value of the present. What's important is to control your stress, as that will just work against you. Your chart does show a lot of drive and ambition.

Saturn has also been activating your natal Venus/Neptune opposition, so the potential of going into a depression is a strong potential which you need to try to offset. Insecurity is a strong stressor, and with only your Mars in an earth sign, you have a strong urge to gain security, which itself can be overwhelming.

Please know that depression is not just a mental disruption but is typically because of a disorder of brain chemistry. You don't have to live with it, there is help available. PM if you wish to delve more deeply into your astrology signposts.

Jettabor

Hello Again,

I wanted to go ahead and post one more attachment, I think some of my conflicts might also involve Eris and Lilith placements. I'm going to attach those aspects as well.

Thank You Again.

Attachments

• Lilith and Eris.jpg
    Lilith and Eris.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 19