how do you predict death?

Claire19

Determining possiible critical periods I think is of great therapeutic value (for those who know how to apply astro-therapeutics on a preventive and life-enhancing basis) however I completely agree with Waybread's outlook regarding death-clock/time predictions, and even approximated longevity estimations must be undertaken with great circumspection and only by those who have had years of study and experience in that particular field.
It takes enormous expertise as you say and who spends so much time and energy predicting death so as to be anywhere near proficient???? Not many I would say and rightly so. I have been an astrologer for many many years and I would never go near the subject. It is immoral for one thing. People have a morbid curiosity about their own death but if they knew for sure, when, it may become a self fulfilling prophesy and I imagine cause great distress anyway unless they welcome the idea of passing over. I know what transits may precipitate my death but am I going to track them for years and years ahead? No I am not.

claire19,
To be fair, death is a part of life that everyone will have to confront on some level sooner or later. Wondering and asking about it is not a sin or a sign of mental illness. It's a perfectly normal part of human life. Many of us would rather not think about when our time will come and shun the idea of being able to find out when that time will be, and that's fine. Others would prefer to know, and that should be fine too.

We're astrologers. We judge charts, not people.
i agree.

if you know the method to find the critical times and the quality of their influences you may be able to prevent it.

what's pada distances dr. farr?

is the Hellenist/Traditionalist technqiue based upon the hyleg and alcohedron you mentioned, the one JUPITERASC posted on this thread?

what is the technique anoop.indirapuramghazibad used on this thread called?

dr. farr

1) pada means "foot"; in Vedic astrology pada can refer to a quarter of something (such as the padas of a nakshatra) it can also mean a measure of distance between subject a and subject b, such as in Jaimini astrology to determine the pada lagna (pada ascendant, aka arudha lagna), where, in this example, the pada lagna is as many signs from the lord of the ascendant as that lord is from the ascendant (eg, ascendant is Leo, Sun is 10 signs from Leo in Taurus, therefore pada lagna is 10 signs from Taurus = Aquarius)

2) yes it is (re hyleg/alcohedron)

3) this is an application of the Vimshottari Dasa system, the most widely practiced of the various dasa (time-period) systems in Vedic astrology. These time-periods are divided into main periods (mahadasas) and su-periods of that main period (called bhuktis or antardasas)

Last edited:

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Hi terrcolomba,
When any one has predicted does not means that the person will take last breath.
Suppose a person is facing ailment, or suffering from mental agony, or suffering from humiliation, or suffering from any type of Insult in a big gathering ... you can understand what I mean.
Serious accidents, serious surgery etc. Long illness, coma, etc. are parts of Mark Dasha, but person can recover and come out of phase.
No astrologer is God, who can predict last breath (DEATH).
Dashas, I had already described in the same thread on earlier occasion
I think you got response of PM to me.

Last edited:

Arudhlagna and padlagna are different. According Jaimini astrology, Padlagna means, Lord of Asc. and its distance fom Asc., then we count the same distance from Lord of Asc. and the house where it lands, is the place for Padlagna.
In case of arudhlagna, normally is used in Prashnashastra, and is a philosophy on that basis astrologer is finding out Asc. and its navmamsha.
KP Paddhati has defined Arudhlagna for various purposes.

Last edited:
1) pada means "foot"; in Vedic astrology pada can refer to a quarter of something (such as the padas of a nakshatra) it can also mean a measure of distance between subject a and subject b, such as in Jaimini astrology to determine the pada lagna (pada ascendant, aka arudha lagna), where, in this example, the pada lagna is as many signs from the lord of the ascendant as that lord is from the ascendant (eg, ascendant is Leo, Sun is 10 signs from Leo in Taurus, therefore pada lagna is 10 signs from Taurus = Aquarius)

2) yes it is (re hyleg/alcohedron)

3) this is an application of the Vimshottari Dasa system, the most widely practiced of the various dasa (time-period) systems in Vedic astrology. These time-periods are divided into main periods (mahadasas) and su-periods of that main period (called bhuktis or antardasas)

1) how do you use pada distances to identify critical times?

3) is that dasa periods and sub-periods (Vedic astrology) you mentioned to identify critical times? how do you use it to identify critical times? thanks

anoop.indirapuramghazibad, what do you use pada lagna and arudhlagna for?what's navmamsha? thanks

dr. farr

Pada distances are used for a variety of reasons, not to determine critical times as such.

Dasa periods are used for general predictive purposes involving all areas of life during a given period of time, they are not used exclusively (or, indeed, even primarily) for longevity or critical-time estimations.

Navamsha (navamsa) is the 1/9th division of a sign, ie, a 3degree20minute arc of a given sign; it is a "varga" (sign division)

Padlagna (Nothing but shadow Lagna-Asc.) is used, when we use Jaimini Astrology, For prediction purpose, When dasha's are connecting with PL (PadLagna) then it is effecting as touching shadow of Lagna(Asc). Similarly, Other house pad are used in Jaimini.

Navmamsha - is one of the varga chart. It is very important, because it confirms Rashi (Birth chart's) chart's promises. Many believe that this chart is useful for confirmations related to Spouse. But i confirm other aspects too.
Basically 30 degree are divided by 9, ie 3deg 20min.
Then we prepare chart accordingly. But perfection in Birth time is important.

Arudh Lagna, we must understand what is Arudh, ARUDH means override.
KP method has described it.
But in old days, even currently, no. of astrologers are using this method. They have a fixed system to follow, it is based on Nos. KP is following 0-249, and otherwise 0-108.
Then Asc. of the Prashna (Asc. of Question) is decided on certain parameters, along with their Navmamsha, to identify Nakshtra.

Last edited:
Pada distances are used for a variety of reasons, not to determine critical times as such.

Dasa periods are used for general predictive purposes involving all areas of life during a given period of time, they are not used exclusively (or, indeed, even primarily) for longevity or critical-time estimations.

Navamsha (navamsa) is the 1/9th division of a sign, ie, a 3degree20minute arc of a given sign; it is a "varga" (sign division)
1) how do you use pada distances (involving saturn, ascendant, south node, part of death) to identify critical times?

2) how do you use dasa periods and sub periods to identify critical times and longevity(not exclusively)? thanks

anoop.indirapuramghazibad, do you identify critical times with that? thanks

dr. farr

1) how do you use pada distances (involving saturn, ascendant, south node, part of death) to identify critical times?

2) how do you use dasa periods and sub periods to identify critical times and longevity(not exclusively)? thanks

These questions would be answered in the Vedic astrology books I have recommended for your study in an earlier post of mine.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad, do you identify critical times with that? thanks

Depends on dasha, lord of house (Dasha lord), Anterdasha and Lord of AD, distance from MD, relationship with MD and AD Friend or enemy, Takal Maitry etc. Their strength in chart will guide us, Positives or negatives of the chart.
But most Important points are
1. Promises of Birth Chart
2. To deliver the results Dasha and then Transit Planets

These questions would be answered in the Vedic astrology books I have recommended for your study in an earlier post of mine.
i couldn't find most of the books in my city, and i don't use credit cards to purchase online.

could you please explain these two methods?

dr. farr

dr. farr, i also read that you use tropical signs for vedic astrology. do you also use tropical signs for these methods?

Yes-I always use the Tropical unless someone specifically requests me to look only at the sidereal chart; in my opinion the Tropical zodiac gives best results whether for Western or Vedic methods and techniques.

kathleen

hello!!!

i'd like to know if the combination sun in 8th and saturn in 1st(ASC) in natal chart can be an important indication of an early death.

thanks in advance...

poyi

Premium Member
Why people are so obsessed about predicting death? Spending all these time to predict but forgot how live a life happily? By the time you successfully predicted your own death, death itself is knocking at your door. You think that death is not coming fast enough? Don't take death too lightly... You should pay more attention on how to live your life with good moral and concern about what may happen after death!

There is only one single thing good about predicting death which is knowing you don't have much time to tell the people that you love how much you love them.... If you know when you will die then you can use your time wisely. But wasting time to predict is just simply WASTING time.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Why people are so obsessed about predicting death? Spending all these time to predict but forgot how live a life happily? By the time you successfully predicted your own death, death itself is knocking at your door. You think that death is not coming fast enough? Don't take death too lightly... You should pay more attention on how to live your life with good moral and concern about what may happen after death!
IMO we all differ poyi and there are those such as dr. farr who are interested in assessing the "Life Force" in order to assist the person with supportive measures at these critical times of their lives.
There is only one single thing good about predicting death which is knowing you don't have much time to tell the people that you love how much you love them.... If you know when you will die then you can use your time wisely. But wasting time to predict is just simply WASTING time.
IMO dr. farr has highlighted the importance of these techniques in SUPPORTING the native at critical times during the life :smile:

Last edited: