Every Insult I Frequently Recieve

Rebel Uranian

*yeah, this was funny, but only because it was stupid, and it was more stupid in a not funny way than in a funny way, so now it's gone*

Last edited:

sequestra

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, (and I could be totally wrong), but I get the impression that RU deleted her original post and put that sentence in its place, to which stained (somewhat sarcastically, but it would appear good-humoredly) replied with "that would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me", after which he placed an emoticon/smiley exhibiting someone laughing [pretty hard] - (i.e. :lol:). In response to this, Jupiterasc's "but - funnily enough - no one said that to you" post was also ironic (ba-doom-ching), and I imagine also in good humor.

But... If the first message WAS RU's original post then everything I wrote is flapdoodle.

stainedBlue

Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, (and I could be totally wrong), but I get the impression that RU deleted her original post and put that sentence in its place, to which stained (somewhat sarcastically, but it would appear good-humoredly) replied with "that would have me in tears I'd be laughing so hard if someone said that to me", after which he placed an emoticon/smiley exhibiting someone laughing [pretty hard] - (i.e. :lol:). In response to this, Jupiterasc's "but - funnily enough - no one said that to you" post was also ironic (ba-doom-ching), and I imagine also in good humor.

But... If the first message WAS RU's original post then everything I wrote is flapdoodle.

RU's post is the original one I responded to. RU is far too knowledgeable for that to be a true insult. Add the fact that it was posted in the humor section, I can't interpret the OP any other way. Regardless, my sense of humor is unusual and does tend to rub people the wrong way, but there's nothing malicious directed by my amusements. Even if it were outside the humor forum, there's nothing personal for RU to be offended by. A similar distinction can be made when people are angry in an argument: are they angry at the person or the view being represented? Views aren't people, therefore the person holding them shouldn't take offense to anger. Same situation for laughter -- unless it's spiteful and actually intended to be on a personal level. It's unfortunate that people do tend to identify with things outside themselves though, but I can't be held accountable for that.

JUPITERASC is hard to read through posts though. I'm unsure of how the statement was intended, and there's no sense in jumping to conclusions.

Edit: Actually, after looking hard at the OP, I see I mistook the meaning anyway. Now I'm amused with what I imagined and with my own mistake. Life's fun, let's just enjoy it.

Last edited:

sequestra

Thanks for clearing that up stained. Well sort of clearing it up anyway; in fact not at all because now I have no idea what her initial post is supposed to mean! Was never directing any malice at you though, and I'm glad you got her joke :joyful: (wish I did)...

JUPITERASC

Thanks for clearing that up stained. Well sort of clearing it up anyway; in fact not at all because now I have no idea what her initial post is supposed to mean! Was never directing any malice at you though, and I'm glad you got her joke :joyful: (wish I did)...
Me too :smile:

Rebel Uranian

The initial post was a list of a bunch of insults I frequently receive in real life (mostly from family members.) Most to all of them are well-deserved, that is, I did something to earn them and you'd see if I showed or told you. They're not all as contradictory as they initially appear. The universe has a cold, dry, ironic sense of humor. I love it even when I'm the victim (but I don't like the stuff that comes with being the victim, just the joke that I'm the victim of.)