Know Thyself

Krewster

Your interest in the mentioned divinatory tools seems well indicated by your 11 min-tight-orbed Sun novile Uran.

About aspects, since the Sun 90 Pluto is so tight (and powerful business managers, etc., seem to have such aspect more than average), it might be best to focus first on the major "red" triangulation of that 90 via Jup apex-midpointing (to form the Thor's Hammer as it is searchable on the net).

Zarathu

Account Closed
Hello fellow astrologers, I have a question for you.Recently I've started a soul-searching-quest and a search for meaning through spirituality, questioning myself and my decisions, introspection etc. in trying to find a path for my life. In the above, astrology and numerology also find a place. Because this is a site concerning astrology I ask you guys where should I look in my chart where it could show me about the lessons I have to learn and the path I should take(maybe the second is a bit too much) but ... my question overall is from what planet, house, or aspect should we expect to learn the most about ourselves and through what period of life should we expect that to happen?

I also posted my chart knowing that even though we are equal, no human being is the same and you might need my chart to help me.

thank you

What you are asking for is essentially a full analysis of your chart. Fort me this is along drawn out process, covering the NOW, Change and how it affects you, how you think and how you view the world, your mission in life, your strengths, the fences your sould didn't want you to cross, and your vitality to perform you mission in life.

Perhaps you might isolate it a bit.

Phoenix Venus

Hi freshblues. Well I use a whole different method for looking into the spiritual implications and life purpose of the chart and this method is a mixture of the arabic parts and sabian symbols. so it is really quite a long process but here is the rundown.

first, look at the sabian symbols for each of the chart axis points. As = Who, Dc= Whom-to, Ic = Why, Mc = How

then, look up the symbols for important planets and nodes.

then comes the fun and intricate part. start looking up your symbols for the arabic parts. for instance you mentioned life lessons and the part of nemisis would be good for that (as it represents something that can be your nemisis unless you overcome it, and then you will make great advancements...)

Other arabic lots relating to life lessons would be the part of imprisonment, part of naivety, part of catastrophe, etc....

For life purpose, you look up your part of destiny, part of life, part of tragedy, part of spiritual service, etc.....

Full list of parts and their titles:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39338

To calculate parts:

http://libracentre.com/arabic_parts_chart.php/

To read the symbolism for the parts:
http://www.mindfire.ca/An Astrological Mandala/An Astrological Mandala - Contents.htm

Make sure to read the next symbol up for instance 0.01-0.59 aries is 1 aries

i understand its a lot to take in so i will give you a head start by posting abput your axis and a part or two shortly here.....

Phoenix Venus

So the axis are the four focal points of our psyche and this ties in very closely with our life mission in a spiritual sense...

the Ac represents who you are:

(These symbols taken from Dane Rudhyars "An Astrological Mandala")

Ac @ 2 virgo:

"A LARGE WHITE CROSS DOMINATES THE LANDSCAPE.

KEYNOTE: The wisdom and compassion which only the experience of suffering and isolation can bring.

The individual must have gone beyond the state of ego-subjectivity in order truly and objectively to "see" and to discriminate. He must have learned detachment; and it is a lesson that no one can learn without the "crucifixion" of the ego-centered emotional life. In the occult tradition, the eye that "sees" must be washed by the blood of the heart. The experience of the Cross dominates the mystic Path that leads to Initiation, i.e. to the entrance into a greater realm of activity and participation with an exalted Company of perfected beings.

While the discovery of significant features in any situation implied the use of the mind, both analytical and intuitive, now a contrasting stage is reached at which the mind itself has to be left behind and perhaps even seemingly destroyed in order that compassion and understanding may rise from the depth of the innermost being: a LIBERATING ORDEAL."

So this symbol is about liberation and it suggests that you are someone who knows how to rise above the struggles in life to transcend everyday existence and reach out with a kind and open heart...

the Dc is who you are becoming during this lifetime... what you are learning and growing to become...

Dc @ 2 pisces:

"A SQUIRREL HIDING FROM HUNTERS.

KEYNOTE: The individual's need both to ensure his future subsistence and to protect himself from aggressive social elements.

The squirrel not only has to hide and store food for the winter, but to be on the lockout for the dangers involved in gathering this food supply. Social processes always cast strong shadows, The individual is never certain of being safe among his fellowmen, once the process of individualization —with its negative aspects, competition, social aggressivity and greed —forces the breakdown of the organic tribal state of mankind during the archaic ages.

This second stage symbol contrasts with the first. It warns of the dangers of life in society during an era of exacerbated individualism, when violence is a possibility never to be dismissed. The need for SELF-PROTECTION and caution is ever present."

So you are becoming someone who might better be equipped towards protecting yourself from the dangerous influrnces of others... you are learning how to become indomidable....

Phoenix Venus

The IC represents WHY you are on this path in life... why you are going from the ac to dc...

Ic @ 25 scorpio (your ic is conjunct the usa natal part of fortune @ 25.41 scorp!! The pof will show the most fortunate action one can employ in order to bring about spiritual success..)

(Ibid)
"AN X-RAY PHOTOGRAPH.

KEYNOTE: The capacity to acquire a knowledge of the structural factors in all existence.

The true philosopher is able to grasp and significantly evaluate what underlies all manifestations of life. His mind's eye penetrates through the superficialities of existence and perceives the framework that gives an at least relatively permanent "form" to all organized systems. Thus if the structure is weak, deformed by persistent strain, or unbalanced, the basic causes of outer disturbances and dis-ease can be discovered.

This symbol concludes the forty-seventh five-fold sequence. It gives an added dimension to the preceding four. For instance, it provides the conscience of the individual who refuses to obey his society with a depth-understanding of what is wrong in the situation he faces. Beyond the powerful feeling quality of "peak experiences," the mind can understand the great Principles of which they were the manifestations. This is STRUCTURAL KNOWLEDGE in contrast to existential knowledge."

...So you are on this mission in order to better percieve the underlying currents of existence...

The mc represents HOW you can reach the dc... how you will progress in life...

mc @ 25 taurus:

"A VAST PUBLIC PARK.

KEYNOTE: The cultivation of natural energies for collective use and recreation.

At this final stage of the sequence of symbols focusing on emotional-cult values, we witness the positive and impressive results of man's collective endeavor to live in peace and to enjoy moments of relaxation. The public is designed and kept for the enjoyment of all the people of the city.

This is a symbol of COLLECTIVE ENJOYMENT. The individual finds in the products of his culture an emotional enhancement born of the feeling of "belonging" to a large, organized, peaceful whole."

So this symbol is suggesting that by partaking in a common good, and by keeping things simply enjoyable, you can reach your spiritual purpose..

Phoenix Venus

You're welcome, btw... :smile:

i will be back later probably this evening to cover a part or two... if there are any on that list that you are curious about let me know and i will explain/interperet them for you...

Phoenix Venus

Yeahhhh!!!!

The sabians are extremely insightful, particularly Mr.Rudhyar's adaptation of them.... the ascendant particularly resonates deeply... its a great rectification tool, imo.

Glad they spoke to you. :smile:

kimbermoon

Spiritual derivatives:

You do have a primary focus in the octave of the chart relating to spiritual development; to me that process involves achieving a more complete picture of your true essence of self, which does involve a lot of introspection and contemplation; the goal is to attain a re-connection with your divine self and to find internal peace and balance no matter what life brings your way. Look at the focus on the energy of Capricorn that demands structure, discipline, self-control and responsibility. It represents the law of cause and effect in our lives, meaning that we also reach the level of awareness that we must be accountable for our actions and how they affect others and intersect with their own journeys. It is about 'knowingness' and wisdom which can only be gained through physical experience. Some relate Capricorn to having a spiritual destiny involved, by ever climbing up the mountain to see the bigger perspectives and view on how to handle your life for the betterment of all, not only yourself. You just have to be wary of potential missteps along the way, so as not to fall from the plateau of victory.
NN in Aquarius is involved in the need for working for the advancement and progress of the collective. It's ruler Uranus represents the Higher Intellect which must seek to find higher awareness and understanding about the meaning of life. The polarities in the chart where you are especially in need of finding a balance with inner conflicts or confusion. The axis of Capricorn/Cancer is about striving to serve and work for 'family' first, rather than chasing after your own personal desires; it is about honoring the sanctity of family which has seemingly lost much of it's appeal in these days.
The earth signs strive after security as well as stability. This is especially important for families in these days with their many aberrations and dysfunctions; on the social scale this aspect of life is breaking down and needs to be recognized for it's responsibility towards family values and traditions.
Your main area of focus in life is about 5th H matters; love, creativity and children. Have you any children as yet in your life? I see this heavy concentration being about working with children in some specialized ways, in caring or healing ways; perhaps foster care or adoptions? With Sun square Pluto in the chart this is about 'soul purging and assessments'
Look to the potentials of your Taurus MC for additional ways in which you could serve;
Note the internalized challenges shown by Saturn in the chart as well, and shows where you need to find stabilization and security. This will tell you the things you need to do to discharge your karmic debts of the past. PF in the 8th also relates to your challenges in life, in terms of shared resources that serve others; it is also about understanding the necessity of personal cycles in life, whereby most cannot break their repetitive circles that simply keep going round and round, rather than spiraling upwards with every new experience and encounter in life. Then look to your positive aspects that will show you the way of proceeding in your search.

Phoenix Venus

I think I found it ( for the Part of Destiny) and I love it! :biggrin:
It truly speaks to me and I will stand by it.

PHASE 183 (LIBRA 3°): THE DAWN OF A NEW DAY REVEALS EVERYTHING CHANGED.

KEYNOTE: The ever-present possibility of beginning again on a new foundation of values.

This symbol hardly needs to be interpreted, except for pointing out that these first three symbols beginning the second hemicycle of the cyclic process should be seen as a basic trinity. It can be related to the process of true Initiation: (1) The experience of the undying Form of perfection; (2) The release of the energy incorporated in the Form in order to reach "That-which-is-beyond-form-and-name"; (3) The re-embodiment of energy in a new creative Act.

The third stage of this thirty-seventh sequence leads us to a vision of the fulfilled purpose of the first half of the cycle. What emerged hesitantly from the ocean of infinite potentiality (Aries 1°) now faces a totally new world in a truly individualized form of existence. He or she is ready to act significantly in the sphere of culture and social togetherness, the sphere in which an individual, aware of his archetypal essence and planetary function, can play his true role (dharma). In a basic sense it is always a new role, for no cycle repeats itself as far as its contents are concerned. The person who plays this role is always potentially an INNOVATOR.

Hmmmm...... using the online calculator i got capricorn 3.11 ... the formula should be Mc + sun - moon.... i wouldn't be surprised if you have another part at that degree though... it happens to bemy south node (spiritually the sn leads to the north node...)

Very strange though.. this symbol has been coming up quite a bit while doing readings today, hmm... here is the symbol for cap 4:

(IBID)

"A GROUP OF PEOPLE OUTFITTING A LARGE CANOE AT THE START OF A JOURNEY BY WATER.

KEYNOTE: The ability to use natural resources and basic skills in order to achieve a group-purpose.

As this scene was recorded in the original version only in imprecise terms, it seems merely to indicate the start of a journey undertaken by a cohesive group of people, who perhaps together have built this large canoe. Thus we see here a common enterprise which may be an answer to the need for a change of locality. A social group more strongly than ever reveals its homogeneity and common will when it decides to move away from its familiar habitat. The zodiacal sign Capricorn brings this common will to a focus in concrete actions. It does so in terms of socio-political expediency and under a definite type of executive direction, even though the decisions are arrived at by common consent.

As this is the fourth symbol in the fifty-fifth five-fold sequence, we find in it a hint of how to do something concrete. The "canoe" may also have a special technical meaning, as it uses water in order to move. A common feeling-response to a specific situation may be implied. The main emphasis is nevertheless on GROUP-ACTIVITY in circumstances implying a need for change."

Interesting part of destiny... i wonder if you are linked with any specific groups... Its possible this part will come in play later in life..

i also pulled up your part of fortune which is 22. 12 Cap... i would advise to use the DAY fprmula even though you have a night chart... (that means what is listed on your astro.com chart as pof at 11 aries is actually your part of spirit...) the inherent meaning of the planets remain the same and so do the parts...

The part of fortune is to be interpereted as the ACTION that one can employ tp bring about spiritual success... (conversely the part of spirit is an internal sense of being... )

Pof @ cap 23:

"A SOLDIER RECEIVING TWO AWARDS FOR BRAVERY IN COMBAT.

KEYNOTE: The reward offered by society for the fulfillment of individual responsibility.

The fact that "two" awards are emphasized makes us believe that this may refer subtly to the recognition by the community that, whether he succeeded or failed, an individual who discharged his duty nobly under unusual circumstances is entitled to the respect and appreciation of the collectivity he served so well. What is implied here is a constant give-and-take between society and the individual person. Each one should be able to trust the other.

This third symbol of the fifty-ninth five-fold sequence extracts, as it were, a common element from the two preceding scenes. The Keyword here is RECOMPENSE i.e. a compensation for a well-done performance —a balancing of accounts."

I think the quote that sums up the action to be employed is this: What is implied here is a constant give-and-take between society and the individual person.

Phoenix Venus

Hi again, freshblues.

Well you don't want to use the night formulas because that, imo, reverses the inherent meaning of the certain part... and then you will be looking at things incorrectly. for instance take the formula for the part of fortune which is as + moon- sun. the reverse formula can be considered the night formula(as + sun - moon) but it is also the day time part of spirit. The pof and pos represent very different concepts. Ppf is outward turned- masculine... an action for one to employ... the pos is inward turned- feminine.. what one finds within themselves... noowww... reverse these around and you come up with an incorrect application.... study of the charts and a theiretic outlook suggest that the formulas retain their inherent meaning regardless of the time of day...

The reverse of destiny (mc + moon - sun) is currently titled "vocation, status" but i have not worked much with this part...

Ahhh... so you are interested in what you have to give of yourself. there are a couple parts we could explore regarding that.

The first would be the part of spirotual service which utilizes the formula as + moon - merc:

Its at 16.44 aqua:
(Ibid)

"A WATCHDOG STANDS GUARD, PROTECTING HIS MASTER AND HIS POSSESSIONS.

KEYNOTE: The development of the capacity to protect one-self and to safeguard one's individual rights under complex social pressures.

What seems to be implied in this symbol, considering its position in the entire cycle, is that under present-day social conditions the individual person needs protection against the ever-growing encroachments of society upon his theoretically recognized right to lead a private life free from public interference. Seen in this light the symbol stands in contrast to the preceding one depicting the power of big business and the totalitarian implications of large-scale organization. At a deeper occult level of interpretation it also reveals the need to protect oneself against "astral" intrusions and perhaps "black magic," the more so as one ventures into supernormal states of consciousness. It is said that the Adept trains certain subhuman entities ("Elementals") to protect him. The Christian religion speaks of Guardian Angels in a related sense.

At this second stage we see the individual able to master natural energies which he enlists in his service, so he may pursue his individualized work of destiny in security. This is another aspect of the relationship of individual-to-society. Individuals of course do also seek to rob or injure other persons, but the state of affairs resulting from a society glorifying competition, ambition and success at any cost is largely responsible for individual violence. The more creative the person, the greater his or her NEED FOR PROTECTION."

This part mentions individual protection for the use of creativity..... lets look up your part of art:

Art (as + merc - venus) @ 3.17 virgo:

"BLACK AND WHITE CHILDREN PLAY TOGETHER HAPPILY.

KEYNOTE: The overcoming of socio-cultural prejudices.

Freedom from all the forms, biases and idiosyncrasies of the particular culture and class in which one has been born and educated is a sine qua non of the consciousness truly "on the Path." The ideal of universal brotherhood underlies all great spiritual teachings, for they all are like branches of the One Tree, Man, in his divine state. This does not mean there are no racial differences, but rather that these differences have a functional value in terms of the whole organism of Man —and of the planet Earth.

At this fourth stage the basic technique which applies to all truly spiritual progress is clearly stated. Every human being should be seen, approached and warmly met as a "child of God," or in less religious terms as an exemplar of Man. Such a status gives to every social and interpersonal group the character of a BROTHERHOOD."

And your part of skill ( as + mars - merc) @ leo 13.55:

"A HUMAN SOUL SEEKING OPPORTUNITIES FOR OUTWARD MANIFESTATION.

KEYNOTE: The yearning for self-actualization.

Behind the many rhythms and drives of individual existence, beyond the child, the adult and the old man, stands the soul seeking always to manifest itself through the personality. This is the transpersonal urge of the spirit, expressing itself in many ways during the whole life span. But most avenues are blocked, and the soul waits until it can wait no longer. Then comes the dramatic release, which may mean a joyous carnival or madness.

The fourth stage of this twenty-seventh sequence brings a transcendental clue to the technique of living: Let the soul speak out! Allow the power of the true tone of your being to manifest itself smoothly, easily, unobstructed —or expect a variety of consequences. LET the soul manifest!"

Krewster

Computer was down for a couple of days...

Your Thor's Hammer indicating criticism from others...? (didn't know/think that particularly, although it does indicate either societal troubles, such as that your intensity makes socializing unsmooth, or more benignly that you respond to the mentioned criticism by becoming more motivated in the area concerned).