Will he survive the operation?

ElenaJ

My brother is having emergency heart surgery and I asked if he will survive the operation. His natal sun is 20 Pisces, which corresponds to the ascendent here, which is what is on my mind. The 3rd house of brothers is mercury, near south node showing his weak health. The part of death is 20 virgo, exactly opposing his natal sun. How will this work out for him?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.45.10.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.45.10.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 62

ElenaJ

Ps. I calculated the Part of Death on the basic horary chart. Should I instead calculate it using the 3rd house as ascendent, being a query about my brother?

ElenaJ

Yes, the moon is VOC. It is the moment when I asked myself the question.
Neptune conjunct ascendent could refer both to him, pisces, who I was thinking about, or it could refer to me reading the chart.
In fact, because I am involved emotionally, I've asked for help on this one, afraid I would read it wrong.

ElenaJ

There is an update. The surgeon today will evaluate whether to do open heart surgery, or whether they can just insert stents, which would be much less invasive.
If they decide not to do surgery, this might explain the VOC moon.

Aria Venue

Ps. I calculated the Part of Death on the basic horary chart. Should I instead calculate it using the 3rd house as ascendent, being a query about my brother?

sorry to hear this ..i really hope your brother gets better

his problem is serious and i suppose there's no need to explain how is this depicted on this chart...cause you know already that he is seriously ill

in third party questions always we have to consider the relevant cusps..so yes
the basic formula in this chart gives saturn(cap) as his part of death..since you asked

kalinka

Hello Elena, I'm really sorry for you!
Saturn is the dispositor of Pod and the natural ruler of death but also the 10th house ruler of your brother=the operation if it is a part of the treatment.
Mercury approaches a conjunction with Pluto, Saturn and Sun. In this case conjunction with the Sun is an indication that he will die.
However Moon voc, so maybe the surgery will really not take place.

ElenaJ

Thanks aria venue, passiflora and kalinka. (Poor conspiracy theorist apparently got cold feet on this one, thanks anyway for looking at it).
At the moment it looks like surgery is scheduled for Monday morning, not sure what type though. I'm hoping it will not be open heart surgery, effectively voiding the chart.
Good comment about the moon separating from the square with the Saturn/pluto conjunction.
So, recalculating using the 3rd house cusp (my brother) as ascendent:
Part of death is now 27 Capricorn. (squaring moon)
Part of surgery is 16 Leo.
I'll know more tomorrow, thanks to all for your support.

kalinka

Thanks aria venue, passiflora and kalinka. (Poor conspiracy theorist apparently got cold feet on this one, thanks anyway for looking at it).
At the moment it looks like surgery is scheduled for Monday morning, not sure what type though. I'm hoping it will not be open heart surgery, effectively voiding the chart.
Good comment about the moon separating from the square with the Saturn/pluto conjunction.

Good that you mentioned the part of surgery. I would interpret this that Mercury/Sun conjunction could indicates the surgery but since Moon is voc, he will survive.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Yes, I was probably overcome by panic and went straight to the part of death, only now did it occur to me to do the obvious, part of surgery! See why I am asking for your help on this?

conspiracy theorist

To elaborate, the VOC suggested that the elements of the question may not come to fruition (like no surgery), and the Moon's last aspect from Saturn suggested that the difficult event has passed.

But Mercury worsens in celestial state, so I'd still err on the side of caution. The chart doesn't suggest that he is out of the clear just yet.

ElenaJ

To elaborate, the VOC suggested that the elements of the question may not come to fruition (like no surgery), and the Moon's last aspect from Saturn suggested that the difficult event has passed.

But Mercury worsens in celestial state, so I'd still err on the side of caution. The chart doesn't suggest that he is out of the clear just yet.

Thank you. The surgery is scheduled for tomorrow, so you are right in this.

Aria Venue

part of surgery is not leo is moon this is a day chart..however the surgical knife is always mars and mars in mercury's detriment..(mercury his body, combust by his ill heart sun)

ElenaJ

part of surgery is not leo is moon this is a day chart..however the surgical knife is always mars and mars in mercury's detriment..(mercury his body, combust by his ill heart sun)

I rechecked, I had read the mars degrees incorrectly. Sorry.
It is a day chart, and the surgery will be daytime so I used the day formula.
It now comes out 22 cancer.
Exactly opposing Saturn and pluto.
:crying:

kalinka

usually when seeing the part of surgery on the same degree with the part of death it is an indication that the risk is too high-he should avoid the surgery. however pos is in opposition with saturn, so what does that mean?

Last edited:

Aria Venue

it's ok i understand ..still the part of surgery in this case now that you know him, how can help you ? we use that part in questions like will the surgery solve my problem? or is it better to have this surgery or an other non invasive treatment? questions like that or when mars is already taken for example and we want to know how the operation will affect the body, and whether has power over the disease ..mars rules also radix 8th and in third party questions we have to look not only turned but radix also, also sun doesn't also signify the problem his ill heart which is turning combust his body, but also as radix 6th could signify also the operation itself (since as i said mars which is a natural significator of surgical knife in this chart happens to be also radix 8th, significator of death...) so ..my point is: does he have an option of not having this surgery or even rescheduling it for another date ? so to speak create an election chart which might help him overcome possible implications? i think his situation is urgent as you said and there isn't such a possibility...and above all we don't know yet if there is going to be an open heart surgery...at least this is what i've understood so far

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Resolution. This morning they decided to insert stents rather than do open heart surgery. At the moment he is in the operating room.
So VOC moon wins over all else, there was no serious operation, so yes he survives.
Obviously, there are other problems, general health is not good, but he will survive.
Thanks to all, you're a great community of people and resources.