Possible Anxiety Problems shown in a Natal Chart

theoddone

I've been trying to find information about this all over the Internet and I've only come across vedic astrology answers for this particular curiousity. I need to ask...what would show or indicate anxiety disorders or problems in a person's natal chart? I already figure having a bundle of planets in your third house would attribute to this as the person would overthink things because I know I do and I have six planets in mine. I also think a Sun-Uranus conjunction would also contribute to this as well. Other than that, I'm not too sure and any insights would be appreciated.

Oddity

Afflicted moon, Mercury, ascendant, or ruler of the ascendant. If anything important has just hit the 12th house by profection or other progression technique, that could do it, too.

theoddone

Would an afflicted moon mean a Mercury-Moon conjunction? I have a Mercury in Capricorn conjunct an Aquarius moon in my birth chart and they are two of the six planets in my 3rd house.

waybread

Look to hard aspects or conjunctions between Saturn and one or more personal planets. Saturn shows where we feel anxious and not good-enough. Then the moon is your emotional nature, so see if it looks afflicted. Generally hard aspects from Venus or Jupiter are easier to handle, however.

But anxiety disorders are not all alike! Pluto gets obsessive, Uranus can make someone of a high-strung nervous disposition, people with a strong focus on the 4th, 8th, or 12th houses can be so private that they dislike going out, and so on.

Is a particular anxiety order and horoscope of concern?

theoddone

Look to hard aspects or conjunctions between Saturn and one or more personal planets. Saturn shows where we feel anxious and not good-enough. Then the moon is your emotional nature, so see if it looks afflicted. Generally hard aspects from Venus or Jupiter are easier to handle, however.

But anxiety disorders are not all alike! Pluto gets obsessive, Uranus can make someone of a high-strung nervous disposition, people with a strong focus on the 4th, 8th, or 12th houses can be so private that they dislike going out, and so on.

Is a particular anxiety order and horoscope of concern?

I have a social phobia and I also have generalized anxiety disorder so it's my own. My 4th and 12th houses are empty but I have Jupiter in Cancer in the 8th and a four planet Capricorn conjunction of Uranus-Sun-Neptune-Saturn with Jupiter opposing them all. Gemini is on the cusp of the 8th house, Aquarius the 4th, and Libra the 12th. Pluto is sextile Neptune and both Uranus and the Sun are sextile my Scorpio ascendant.

I guess I'm trying find indicators of anxiety in my own horoscope.

Last edited:

waybread

The Neptune-Pluto sextile is generational, but I'd look to your Capricorn stellium, namely the sun conjunct Neptune and Saturn. Sun-Saturn in a conjunction or hard aspect can confer ongoing self-esteem issues, because Saturn tends to show us where we feel inadequate and frustrated. Neptune tends to erase what it touches, taking us into a space of not knowing what is real and what is unreal. This can be hard on the sun as our sense of who we are.

Then Uranus just gives the mix a lot of electrical energy and a propensity for sudden change.

If this stellium is in the second house (opposite Jupiter in the 8th?) Your challenge in life looks like developing a core set of values.

It's OK not to have a firm sense of self in life. One of my favourite Buddhist sayings is:

When I don't know who I am, I serve you. When I know who I am, I am you.

theoddone

The Neptune-Pluto sextile is generational, but I'd look to your Capricorn stellium, namely the sun conjunct Neptune and Saturn. Sun-Saturn in a conjunction or hard aspect can confer ongoing self-esteem issues, because Saturn tends to show us where we feel inadequate and frustrated. Neptune tends to erase what it touches, taking us into a space of not knowing what is real and what is unreal. This can be hard on the sun as our sense of who we are.

Then Uranus just gives the mix a lot of electrical energy and a propensity for sudden change.

If this stellium is in the second house (opposite Jupiter in the 8th?) Your challenge in life looks like developing a core set of values.

It's OK not to have a firm sense of self in life. One of my favourite Buddhist sayings is:

When I don't know who I am, I serve you. When I know who I am, I am you.

Stellium is in the 3rd house...Uranus is the only planet in the stellium that resides in the 2nd house. The other planets are in my 3rd house.

waybread

Fair enough-- the 3rd deals with your thinking and communications, along with siblings, neighbours, and short-distance travel. Mind over matter?!

theoddone

Fair enough-- the 3rd deals with your thinking and communications, along with siblings, neighbours, and short-distance travel. Mind over matter?!

Not quite sure what you mean by mind over matter...I know Saturn deals with fear, anxiety, and death and with it being in the 3rd house, is it possible that it shows that I over-think things way too much that causes anxieties and phobias? I also have a minor fear of death in regards to dying (not afraid of dead things relating to cemeteries or corpses). I have yet to actually face that particular fear but I'm trying.

waybread

Saturn rules fear and feelings of inadequacy, but it does respond well to dedicated self-discipline.

I live in a community with a lot of seniors. I've lived her for over 7 years, and it's shocking how many people I've known who have died during that time, but then, that's just the demographics. With one good friend and neighbour, in particular, my husband and I spent a lot of time visiting him in the hospice room at our local hospital. It was tragic to see him waste away into a gray husk, compared with his former vigorous self. But as a result, I hope I am becoming more realistic about what dying involves.

My metaphysical beliefs are also increasingly leaning towards reincarnation. (A good book on this by a M. D. psychiatrist is Jim Tucker, Life Before Life.)

Why not work through your fear of death by volunteering with your local hospice organization, hospital, or nursing home?

theoddone

Saturn rules fear and feelings of inadequacy, but it does respond well to dedicated self-discipline.

I live in a community with a lot of seniors. I've lived her for over 7 years, and it's shocking how many people I've known who have died during that time, but then, that's just the demographics. With one good friend and neighbour, in particular, my husband and I spent a lot of time visiting him in the hospice room at our local hospital. It was tragic to see him waste away into a gray husk, compared with his former vigorous self. But as a result, I hope I am becoming more realistic about what dying involves.

My metaphysical beliefs are also increasingly leaning towards reincarnation. (A good book on this by a M. D. psychiatrist is Jim Tucker, Life Before Life.)

Why not work through your fear of death by volunteering with your local hospice organization, hospital, or nursing home?

I lean towards reincarnation as well but I have no one in my house that I can talk to about it, except perhaps my grandmother. She's pretty open.

I've done some volunteer work with elderly people in the nursing home before. It was fun interacting with them and I get along better with elderly people than people my own age and younger. Must be that Capricorn stellium.

I'll have check out that book. Sounds interesting. :)

Moondancing

Premium Member
Curious word you use 'possible' anxiety problems. I've suffered anxiety all my life and it's undeniable. Saturn rules my 3rd and 4th houses and sits in the 12th. So much of my anxiety is brought on by the unconscious. Recently I decided to go back into therapy to treat my disorder. Quite by chance I got a doctor who specializes in anxiety disorder and uses hypnosis to help the conscious and and unconscious to work more in accord with each other. After one treatment I was able to write 3 quick reviews of products I bought on Amazon. Saturn rules 3rd and it was beyond me why I couldn't write a simple review without anxiety crippling me. Before now I have not been able to do so.

He says it should only take 3 or 4 sessions and we are shooting for 25% improvement. I'm hopeful.

Wish you the best, theoddone in understanding and treating your anxiety.

theoddone

You must have Capricorn and Aquarius occupying those houses. My Saturn is in the 3rd house and conjuncts my Sun. Libra occupies my 12th house so I don't think anxiety has anything to do with that as Venus has domain there even though my natal Venus is in the 3rd house.

The 3rd house has do with communication (I thinking writing is ruled by that house) and because Saturn has domain there, it's possible he limited that for you.

But thanks for the well wishes. I hope your anxiety treatment goes well. :)

theoddone

Hi Teod...I thought my high intensity ,always present anxiety was due to my Sun in 4th house, but from reading your post, I tend to be inclined to blame the Scorpio Ascendent + some other combining unfortunate things...like wheres Mars in your chart ?Is it badly affected? btw do u use vedic astrology, is your asc Scorpio in western astrology? Thx

I have Mars in 2nd house in Sagittarius, sextile both Moon and Venus in Aquarius in 3rd house and trine Leo midheaven.

I don't use Vedic astrology so my Scorpio ascendant is Western astrology.

belabismo

My sister has an anxiety disorder - panic attacks, etc. She takes medication for it. She has:
Moon in Capricorn in 6th
Mercury conjunct Pluto in 4th in Scorpio
Moon square Venus
Saturn in Capricorn square Mars
Saturn conjunct Uranus

She also has a fear of dying beyond what is normal. She has a lot of anxiety-ridden dreams. Mostly, she has social phobia and is avoidant. She does have a high degree of social interaction at work though and that is fine, in fact she is good at it. Mostly her anxiety has to do with appraisal and other interpersonal interactions.

theoddone

My sister has an anxiety disorder - panic attacks, etc. She takes medication for it. She has:
Moon in Capricorn in 6th
Mercury conjunct Pluto in 4th in Scorpio
Moon square Venus
Saturn in Capricorn square Mars
Saturn conjunct Uranus

She also has a fear of dying beyond what is normal. She has a lot of anxiety-ridden dreams. Mostly, she has social phobia and is avoidant. She does have a high degree of social interaction at work though and that is fine, in fact she is good at it. Mostly her anxiety has to do with appraisal and other interpersonal interactions.

I think Saturn conjunct Uranus applies to everyone born between 1988 and 1995. I have that on my chart as well but they lie in the 2nd and 3rd houses and both are conjunct Sun and Neptune (3rd house).

I'd like to say the anxiety stems from the Capricorn placements but I haven't found anything that supports that.

belabismo

I think Saturn conjunct Uranus applies to everyone born between 1988 and 1995. I have that on my chart as well but they lie in the 2nd and 3rd houses and both are conjunct Sun and Neptune (3rd house).

I'd like to say the anxiety stems from the Capricorn placements but I haven't found anything that supports that.

Oops! You're right. :pinched: For her it is in 5th house, 5th and 6th if using whole signs. I don't know if that is helpful.

Maybe it is a long term transit? Pluto is going through your Capricorn house. Transit Uranus could be squaring those planets if they are in late degrees.

theoddone

Oops! You're right. :pinched: For her it is in 5th house, 5th and 6th if using whole signs. I don't know if that is helpful.

Maybe it is a long term transit? Pluto is going through your Capricorn house. Transit Uranus could be squaring those planets if they are in late degrees.

I've been actively suffering anxiety (and depression) for the past decade. I'm not sure if transits have anything to do with my mental health though. If we're talking about the whole sign system, all of five of my Capricorn planets would be placed in the 3rd house. I wonder if what house system is used matters.

I started doing neurofeedback sessions a year ago and those issues have calmed down considerably even though they are not completely gone.

Last edited:

theoddone

I wonder how a fear of dying manifests itself in the natal chart. I suffer from that too.

belabismo

I've been actively suffering anxiety (and depression) for the past decade. I'm not sure if transits have anything to do with my mental health though. If we're talking about the whole sign system, all of five of my Capricorn planets would be placed in the 3rd house. I wonder if what house system is used matters.

I started doing neurofeedback sessions a year ago and those issues have calmed down considerably even though they are not completely gone.

Either house system, it looks like you have a lot of Capricorn/Saturn influence. I second what waybread said, I would think this would be a prime factor in your anxiety.

Oddity mentioned Mercury, I think in my sister's case it would be her Mercury-Pluto conjunction; in the 4th this is childhood trauma relating to communicating and expressing her thoughts. In your case I would guess it would be more about personal (Sun; personality) expression? - with the Sun and Saturn conjunction. I think waybread composed a great description below.

Do you find yourself to experience more anxiety than depression? Or a fair bit of both? I would say I experience more depression than anxiety, and have not had panic attacks like my sister has, though I do think I can have some obsessive thoughts - probably a Moon-Pluto (in 3rd) influence. Also whole sign would place my Mercury in 8th.

As for the fear of dying, I really haven't studied her chart enough. I find it hard to relate to her fear though. She does have her North Node in the 8th in Pisces. Perhaps it is a factor?