The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

waybread

jenuine, I am a retired college professor and one thing I don't recommend is that you "slide by with minimal effort." Some day you may want a job that uses your considerable talents, and the competition out there will have worked hard to master their course content--probably at more prestigious and demanding institutions.

You have four planets that are very strong (domiciled) in their own signs, which usually indicates someone who can make something of her life, if she chooses to do so.

Ruka_5

Banned
Another INTP, and with only 2% of the population, there sure are alot of astrologers in the group!

I was invited a couple of years ago to join an INTP blogging site. The idea was to communicate your ideas and meet like-minded people, but there were so few of us that it never took off. I guess everyone was over here.

Honestly the ISFP profile fits me more than any other, with INTP running a close second.

Maybe it's just that particular site wasn't very active, because I've Googled the different profiles and have come across forums that seem to get pretty decent traffic. On the Astro forums there were concentrations of certain profiles, but INTP wasn't one of them....

lazarusx

INFP - Healer/Idealist

I can see how this may fit with my chart, this is the second time i've scored this combination.

Attachments

• natal.gif
    natal.gif
    60.5 KB · Views: 38

jenuine

jenuine, I am a retired college professor and one thing I don't recommend is that you "slide by with minimal effort." Some day you may want a job that uses your considerable talents, and the competition out there will have worked hard to master their course content--probably at more prestigious and demanding institutions.

You have four planets that are very strong (domiciled) in their own signs, which usually indicates someone who can make something of her life, if she chooses to do so.

waybread; It's not as bad as it sounds. I know education matters. I do have a goal of graduating cum laude. It's not the highest distinction, but it's definitely within reach.

In my opinion, grades only matter to a certain extent. It could be the sole determining factor of whether I get a job or not as a new graduate. However, I believe that after working a considerable number of years, my work experience and achievements would be what truly matters on my resume. At that point in time, GPA would be a really small factor.

Unless we're talking about actually applying what I learned in school on the job (LOL)... that would be an issue. I have TERRIBLE memory. I almost instantly forget what I learn in the class a week after the final is over. ):

zona967

Banned
When I was first tested (I think about five years ago) it showed I am an INTJ. I retested myself two-three years later and it again showed INTJ. I think it described me fairly accurately and I liked the idea of a "scientist." I retested myself again a couple of months ago and it showed I am an INFP. I was baffled to say the least, as I thought the pattern was stable over time.

Tests initially showed I was on the brink between J and P so I understand that. But I scored slightly to moderately higher in Thinking while the new test showed a very high score for Feeling. That is too drastic a change for me to fully believe although my work as a teacher since the time of the original testing has made me more understanding and accommodating to people's needs. I would also be tempted to attribute the change to a progressed Moon in Cancer forming a grand water trine with Jupiter in Pisces and Venus, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio. I feel changes in the types are to be sought in the progressed chart.

Other than that, I am as strong in introversion (Scorpio as the dominant sign in my chart) and intuition (Mercury in Scorpio conjunct Pluto, Neptune conjunct MC, Neptune sextile Venus, Neptune sesquiduadrate Moon, as well as Sagittarius as the second dominant sign in my chart (intuition in the type indicator is also large scale thinking vs focus on detail (which would be more characteristic of Gemini and Virgo).

The Thinking part in my previous testing I would attribute to Saturn conjunct Sun (an effect which is wearing off with time), generally well-aspected Mercury (exact trine with Jupiter in Pisces and conjunct Pluto to give it depth) and a very badly aspected Moon in Leo (square Mercury and Pluto, trine Uranus, trine Saturn. I view the last two placements as not very positive in terms of expressing the Moon's emotional and nurturing side.)

Judging versus Perceiving is an interesting tie. I would attribute Perceiving to the trine between Jupiter and the Scorpio planets, also to having a relatively strong mutable influence in my chart as well as North Node conjunct Ascendant which is progressively travelling through my 12th house.

I hope this helps and good luck with your testing! I think paralles like this one are extremely useful and really take astrology and psychology to the next level and thus the understanding of human character!

Edit a year and a half later: I retested myself again and it showed INTJ. Maybe the INFP result was related to the circumstances I was under at that time.

Last edited:
Wow fascinating :alien:

I usually test ENTP, or anything with Ne in dominant/auxillary (least INTP). I'll have to give this a shot, haha.

E - Gemini asc, asc trine jupiter Libra, gem venus?, suppose Saturn in Aquarius could go here
N - Cancer Mercury trine Pluto, Mercury opposite Uranus, Pisces moon in 9th
T - Virgo mars in 3rd
P - Mercury opposite Neptune

Not so sure on what my type is fully, yet, but I can easily see how the mercury aspects and Gemini ascendant lead to dom/aux Ne.

Love2Know

Hah yeah I would totally suck at that game ok
E i guess is my leo traits
N My cancersun and or moon conjuct asc
F see above moon 1st Moon Conjunction Venus
P hmm I dunno prob some mercury square pluto going on.

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

I decided I'm probably ENTJ even though every variable has changed except the N when I took this a few times a while back. I'm going to go take another test quick to see.

Last edited:

Moog

I usually test as INTP with one recent anomalous INFP result

I - lots of 12th house planets. Saturn on the luminaries in the 11th.
N - 12th house Mercury, perhaps?
T - Mercury ruled moon, rather than the other way
P - Another Mercury function? Can't really explain this one without what looks like research.

Rebel Uranian

My personality changes almost all the time I take the test. I can't find a personality type that I agree with completely to me. I think I might actually be more ENTP than ENTJ, but I might even be something else entirely. I just know that my N score is about 90% every time I take this test. That doesn't mean much, considering I don't know anything else. Maybe I have MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm probably just a ENTP.

I do know that I generally don't get along well with IS people at all since they're really conservative and boring. There's a good place to start.

Edit: "The least developed area for the ENTP is the Sensing-Feeling arena. If the Sensing areas are neglected, the ENTP may tend to not take care of details in their life. If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive." I'd say that's pretty final.

So:
E - Most planets above the horizon or in more extroverted houses below (such as the 1st or 3rd)
N - Uranus and Jupiter everywhere
T - Mercury and Air emphasis
P - Lots and lots of aspects that hate routine etc.

I'm also the opposite of serafin5 and some other people including lots of Virgos and Cancers, and I'm either "The Visionary" or "The Lawyer" depending on who you ask.

Last edited:

sequestra

Second time I've done the test and it hasn't changed from INFJ (The Confidant):

"INFJs, making up an estimated 1% of all people, are the most rare type (males even more so). They are introspective, caring, sensitive, gentle and complex people that strive for peace and derive satisfaction from helping others. INFJs are highly intuitive, empathetic and dedicated listeners. These traits tend to act as a "tell me what's wrong" sign on their forehead, hence the nicknames Confidant, Counselor or Empath."

So let's see...

Introverted: Pisces sun in the 4th sextile neptune, trine saturn/pluto.

Intuitive: Sag rising conjunct jupiter and uranus in 1st, neptune in 1st.

Feeling: Moon in 7th trine mercury.

Judging: Mercury in Aqua sextile uranus/jupiter.

A vague attempt, anyway...:unsure:

Love2Know

sequestra you have the sweetheart type awwwww *Touches you* ouuu
Rebel it says like you should take it a could of times and your types might evolve over time. ( it says, a psych phd student at my school who was my "carrier adviser" when I took the tests, she also told me you can't find these tests for free.......) The best is what I got for my main career suggestion CEO..... I was like thanks, now which courses do I take for that? Lol I hate having to focus on stupid details, so much its like pulling teeth.

Last edited:

Lightrider

I think i'm something in between of INTP (The Thinker) and INFP (The Idealist). I guess that makes me an Idealist Thinker? :tongue:

Introvert (69.53%): Cancer Rising, Stellium in Capricorn, Retrograde Jupiter Rising.

Intuitive (61.13%): Aquarius Sun Square Pluto in Scorpio, Talent Triangle (Neptune in the apex, Pluto, Moon).

Thinking (56.47%): Two planets in water, 1 in Air (Singleton Sun). I actually think it should be 50/50 here :unsure:

Perceiving (69.81%): Mars in Capricorn? Stellium in the 7th? I like taking my time when making decisions. I'm not a very good planner, a bit lazy even.

Rebel Uranian

If you want to know what type you are, read about the ones you can't decide between. The obvious way to tell is the Jungian functional preference ordering, which is how I decided that I'm definitely a ENTP and not a ENTJ. If you score higher on one variable than all the other ones, that one variable is typically higher in some types than others because that's the primary mode of the type you're looking at. In my case, ENTPs always score really high on intuition, while ENTJs don't really because that's not their primary mode.

stainedBlue

Myers-Briggs plots me as INTP. There are other tests on http://www.similarminds.com for those interested. I hadn't really considered the test in conjunction with astrology. INTP is supposedly a low percentage of the population, but there seems to be several on this thread, and based on posts I've read, quite a few of the members on this forum. Coincidence?