Will I have a happy married life, if i get married to...this person?

Scorpionstar

We are getting married after 2 months. Because of some incidents I am not sure if I should get married to him or not.. Seniors please help! We have been together for 3 yrs now...I know I sounds stupid. But I am just so confused. I couldn't decide anything.. Please please help... Any insight is much appreciated.:crying:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 63

Dirius

Well happines is a concept that it is hard to apply. If you are asking if you will have a "good" stable lasting marriage, (in the normal sense), I would say that YES.

The aspect between planets usually indicates the event, but in this case, since you guys are already dating and are indeed planning to get married, the event (or the lack of an aspect) can be ignored.

You = Sun (ruler of 1st) / Moon (co-signifier).
Him = Saturn (ruler of 7th house).

First of all both main planets are well recieving each other. The Sun is in Saturn's regency (Aquarius), and Saturn is in the Sun's triplicity (fire sign in a day chart). This means there is mutual feelings for each other.

Now the Sun is placed in a fixed sign (Aquarius). Fixed signs usually imply stability, and finding one of the planets in them is usually a good sign for a stable marriage.

Now the part of marriage falls at 28° degrees Gemini, ruled by Mercury. Mercury is also in Aquarius, a fixed sign, implying stability.

So I would say that yes, you will have a stable marriage.

I suppose the incident might be the Moon's recent opposition with mars (you speak of a trine with Venus, but the moon made an opposition to venus not a trine)....mars usuallyimplies infidelity or a break up...

Last edited:

rafaella

I'm not as positive towards this chart. Mercury, dispositor of part of marriage is retrograde. This may show instability, going back and forth, this continues for the duration of marriage. This may also imply change of mind. Perhaps both realise this is not for you.

Saturn, the guy is in detriment of Mercury, he will hate the idea of marriage. Sun love Saturn, but that recent opposition to Jupiter makes me wonder what just happened. To me it seems you are more into him than he into you.

Moon aspects are not helpful either. So I do not think getting married is a good idea right now. Go with your intuition. The fact that you asked this question and are doubtful, is a sign for you to trust yourself.

best wishes!

Dirius

Given that saturn is placed in the 5th, the moon's recent opposition towards mars (ruler of the 5th), and the fact that you are getting married in "2 months".

Are you pregnant? :joyful: obviously an unexpected one...thus the need to rush into marriage (moon opposition to mars).

I agree with what rafaella says that it doesn't look "that promising", particularly the groom, who is hesitant about the idea of marriage. But if the situation is like this, and you guys feel the need to get married because of it, it doesn't look that bad.

Yet given that both signifiers are well recieving each other, given the circumstances, would still imply a "stable" marriage.

Notice that I never use the word "happy", rather stable in my posts. I consider "happines" to be too much of a relativistic term.

Last edited:

Sunrise

I also will agree with rafaella. Can you give us more information because I do not see the chart optimistic for such a serious event. I do not like reception at all between the main significators aslo the part of marriage.

Scorpionstar

Hi,

Thank you for your input. Let me explain a bit. I am not pregnant, I am getting married to him as we are engaged for 3 years now. We were happy with each other. Recently his parents started living with us and we got into serious fights very often. Almost every Saturday since last 6 months. He has made all preparations for wedding and I
haven't bought my wedding dress even. When I am asking about happiness I am more concerned if he will care for me or he will listen to his mom throughout his life? He is very much under the influence of his family I beleive. Once I get married I don't have any option for divorce (culture issue). So I am looking for some details towards it. I actually got scared of Mars:(

Dirius

Like I said in the original post, both planets are in mutual receptions towards each other, with the sun on a fixed sign, your marriage will be stable.

Since your boyfriend is into the wedding, and the problem would seem to be the parents, perhaps your question would be concerning the parents.

I'm not sure what can see how much his parents will meddle in your married life with a simple chart...given that it would be an event that could repeat itself over and over.

If he is under the influence of his family you should talk to him, and remind him you are the wife and lady of the house.

He does care for you.

LadyBella

First of all both main planets are well recieving each other. The Sun is in Saturn's regency (Aquarius), and Saturn is in the Sun's triplicity (fire sign in a day chart). This means there is mutual feelings for each other.

Dirius, are you sure this triplicity ? because sun is in the 7th house so it's a day chart. Explain me, please

Dirius

Dirius, are you sure this triplicity ? because sun is in the 7th house so it's a day chart. Explain me, please

Its a day chart, the sun is above the horizon. That means the Sun rules the Fire Triplicity for this chart (Aries/Leo/Sagittarius)

Saturn finds itself placed in sagittarius, where the Sun is the triplicity lord. So there is a reception from Saturn towards the Sun.

The sun is also both in the regency and triplicity of Saturn. So there is a mutual reception between both planets (Saturn rules the Air triplicity during the day, Gemini/Libra/Aquarius).

:joyful:

- Fire triplicity (aries/leo/sagittarius): Sun during day / Jupiter during night

- Air triplicity (gemini/libra/aquarius): Saturn during day / Mercury during night

- Earth triplicity(taurus/virgo/capricorn): Venus during day / Moon during night

- Water triplicity (cancer/scorpio/pisces): Venus during day/ Mars during night** some authors like Lilly, use mars for both day and night when using horary, so there is a bit of a debate over the water triplicity lord for day charts; mars is defintly the lord for night charts, but some use venus and others use mars for day charts.

Last edited:

rafaella

Well in that case I would seriously suggest you think through everything.
If you're already fighting every week now, what future do you see once you are married?

One can go through the motion of getting married, doesn't mean he actually wants to be married. Due to our background and obligations, we all go through roads we don't want to travel. He is in a sign where he is in aversion to the marriage. Being that Saturn is in sign of Jupiter, and Sun (you) just opposed Jupiter, this shows very different view points. Jupiter may be his family, his views, his culture, tradition....etc. In these kinds of cultural relations, the family (the parents and the tradition) comes first...not the young bride and you I suppose would be expected to adhere to those traditional views.

He may care for you, but is it enough? Saturn is only in triplicity of Sun, which is not enough for a marriage. Triplicity is like feeling friendship and care for someone, not deep love or passion. But perhaps this is how it is in most relationships after a 3 year engagement.

Anyways, I do hope you think through everything. If I were you, I'd have a deep but calm discussion with the partner regarding things that are presenting as a problem and present some solutions to fix it. Give him time to consider, and if he doesn't want to meet you half ways, then you have your answer as to what to do.

Hope things work out for you! :)

Hi,

Thank you for your input. Let me explain a bit. I am not pregnant, I am getting married to him as we are engaged for 3 years now. We were happy with each other. Recently his parents started living with us and we got into serious fights very often. Almost every Saturday since last 6 months. He has made all preparations for wedding and I
haven't bought my wedding dress even. When I am asking about happiness I am more concerned if he will care for me or he will listen to his mom throughout his life? He is very much under the influence of his family I beleive. Once I get married I don't have any option for divorce (culture issue). So I am looking for some details towards it. I actually got scared of Mars:(

Last edited:

Dirius

He may care for you, but is it enough? Saturn is only in triplicity of Sun, which is not enough for a marriage. Triplicity is like feeling friendship and care for someone, not deep love or passion. But perhaps this is how it is in most relationships after a 3 year engagement.

While I don't exactly disagree on the fact that triplicity is less of a reception than regency, I've found through a few charts that triplicity isn't just "friendship". Depends on the context of the question.

For example:

- I've run a few charts about "friends" (no sexual feeling or desire involved) in which the significators found each other in mutual reception through regency or exaltation.

- Found charts about couples in love with mix receptions through triplicity/exaltation/regency. Particularly about a girl infatuated with a guy, having reception through triplicity.

Depends on the chart mostly, but generally speaking you can also add "attraction" or "passion" onto triplicity.

I think the general idea of triplicity as friendship, exaltation as infatuation, and regency as pure love is more accurate with questions that deal exactly with the degree of feelings from person to person, as in:"Does he love me?", or questions similar to that. In that case triplicity could mean friendship or just attraction, and the real feeling of love would be regency. But this is because the querent is asking how the other person exactly feels about him or her.

In questions when the feelings are important, yet secondary information regarding the chart, finding the planets in each other's dignities is obviously good, mostly because the only thing we need to know is that they "have good intentions" towards each other, for the sake of completing the event or issue in question.

I've read J.Frawley, and I actually use his methods of receptions. I know he is the one that mostly promotes this concept of "friendship/infatuation/love". But this at least, seems to me, is only accurate for a certain kind of questions that deal exactly with feelings.

But this is my opinion based on research. In the case of frawley's techniques, I've based a lot of my technique originally on his, but then I started to notice that he applies many of the concepts in very general ways, that might not exactly be suitable for most situations (like the Sun/Venus as co-signifiers). They obviously work in many situations, but might not necessarily be consistent for many cases.

But this is my opinion :biggrin:

rafaella

Thanks for your thoughts Dirius :)

I think in a question such as this, where the querent is having doubts whether she should get married, receptions may actually show whats going on. Look Sun, her significator is all the way in his sign and house. That's deep love and admiration, she is really into him, yes she is feeling vulnerable (Sun in fall). While Saturn is in sign of Jupiter, so whatever Jupiter is, is important to him and comes first. The reception is not equal. I believe being in triplicity may not be enough, but then this couple have gone through the first stages of relationship, through the initial passionate stage that all couples go through and have now come to a stage where its 'comfortable'. But is it comfortable? (Based on the background that we know of and her doubts, perhaps not really that comfortable??).

Yes one needs to read receptions depending on the question and context. If in friendship chart there is reception such as exaltation, I'd read it as that person really highly valuing his friend, putting him on pedestal...perhaps feeling the friend is better at everything than he is. Same or similar with regency, doesn't mean there is sexual feelings involved.

cheers!

Dirius

Of course, I agree (I never disagreed on the fact that triplicity is less of a feeling that regency).

I agree also on the fact that they are in the "comfortable" stage of the relationship when passion might decrease, and perhaps that is what triplicity implies.

However the chart was about having a "happy marriage". I think that finding one of the planets in the other's triplicity does imply love. Because in the context of this question she isn't asking if her husband loves her, the root of her problem comes from the mother/fighting.

What I mostly wanted to point out is that...I don't think that triplicity should be described as friendship, per say, it can clearly show something more than that (attraction/love for instance). I think it is a good analogy to describe the different possible stages of feeling, but I would consider it much more important on a chart about feelings, rather than a general event related thing.

Of course if the querent's true hidden question is:"Does he love me more than his family?" that is another story....

Regardless of the analyzis on the degree of feeling, the chart is about stability and caring. Clearly if the quesited is planning the wedding and wanting to marry her, is because he does love her.

The subjects is very interesting to discuss, would be nice if we open a topic for it :happy::happy:, so everyone can add their opinions.

Last edited:

rafaella

Dirius, lets just agree to disagree. :bandit:

She is asking will marriage be happy, will he care for her or listen to his mother? Reception is quite clear, his family comes first. I think that Mercury as dispositor for part of marriage is not very promising. Being retrograde its debilitated. So marriage will be the same. They are fighting now and they will continue fighting once married. (Moon opposition Mars just confirms it!)

And Dirius, no if someone is planning to get married and going through the motions, it is not always because they want it, but because they have strong family ties that push them towards it. In my culture one gets married because one is expected to, one has no say in it. I have friends from India/Pakistan etc who had to get married and plan everything yet feeling like this is not what they want. But they have family obligations which are too strong to go against.

Yes I agree, the quesited does care for her, but you need to look at the whole chart, not just receptions regarding the situation. Saturn is ruled by Jupiter, Sun (her significator) just opposed that Jupiter. She throws away what he is represented by...Saturn in detriment of Mercury (marriage). He is not positive to marriage deep down. They have been engaged 3 years and look - Saturn is at 3.52 Saggitarius...he has not liked the idea of marriage this whole time, but obligation/tradition etc (Jupiter) is pulling him.

This is my take on it. And I accept you look at things differently, which is great for this discussion.

cheers :)

Scorpionstar

Just wondering, how does this chart reads different if I would have asked about his love for his family when comparing to me?

You are right I beleive both of us didn't completely liked the idea of getting married since last three years. But on and off we have been connected or I would say we have been together.

Scorpionstar

I trust this forum a lot because I asked about my job about 2 yrs ago and I completed three months of my job when you indicated that I will have a permanent job. So I want to make my wedding decision through this.

Thank you so much as you are giving me more of what I ignored in our relationship.