The Song!

tsquare

Hmm.......
It was pretty good....
but....
I NEED MORE COWBELL!

GIVE ME MORE COWBELL!

IVE GOT A FEVER...... AND THE ONLY CURE IS....MORE COWBELL!
ever seen saturday night live, Dont fear the reaper?

But really, I just listened to it, it was pretty good, I liked it, when I was listening to it in MediaMonkey, I just happened to have David Bowie's song -Jump- next in order and it sounded like an intro to it, fit in perfectly with his synth, and everything.
Drums would be a great idea an echo effect would be great so it would sound like a lot of drums from different dimensions, that would add to its already out of this world feel,like one srum set starting out and in the backround a few bars later, another set of drums with a similar beat, melodic, giving it some more air or space to breath. Kind of like zepplin.

mabie instead of a brass section, just a saxaphone, if you can pull it off with the program, that would keep it upbeat, if thats what you like, and............
People who may influence,
Beck plays around alot with weird sounds. he throws banjos in stuff that you would never believe a banjo would sound good it.His album the information has alot of electric stuff.
Bowie.
Thom York and his band radiohead.

I would realy recomend that song by David bowie I mentioned earlier named-Jump They Say- The backround singers really add to the synth and IT also has a Trumpet- In a computer program I can see how this is hard to do, Ive messed around a few years ago with a similar program and just gave up, but a few years ago is a long time concerning computers and such so.....
its really hard to give recomendations.....keep it up it sounds good.

Atruism

Update time.

No guitar sound yet (stay tuned!) Ummm, the cowbells (etc)… I love the cowbell !!! You can never have too much cowbell :) But, unfortunately the creators of the software that I’m using didn’t think so. So, I'll have to work on it. And then some.

Thanks for the comments :) Keep ‘em coming!

tsquare

The Cowbell was a Joke.:rotflmao:
Must not have seen that episode of saturday night live with Will Ferrel and that guy, I cant remember his name,uhhh.....
Anyway its funny!

Atruism

This week's update (Trial 2), including…

* Samandra81’s vibraphone (it's after the first lot of "Choir/Aaaah" sounds.)
* Lissa’s "Kraftwerk" sound/beat (at the end of the song.) Kind of :)
* And the (hopefully) uplifting feeling to it.

And… Yes, okay I admit it, I didn’t get the cowbell joke. But my rock solid alibi is that I’ve never watched Saturday Night Live in my life. But I do know who Will Ferrell is. So please remember, that I am hip. I am cool. And, ummm, I am totally with it, when it comes to video games (not WOW but you know… Space Invaders, Frogger… That kind of stuff.)

More next week... E.g. Maybe that infamous guitar sound and more (fingers crossed!)

And yes, I’ve got a lot of info (your comments/recommendations) to catch up on!

Like this kind of stuff.

Thanks once again :)

Yay! You added the vibrophone! I really like the gospel choir and the somewhat ethereal/eletronic beginning followed by the guitar in "trial 2." It flows well with the intro and the nice, upbeat feeling of this song. :) Going with Jeffrey and Steven's adventures in the solar system, maybe we can use differnent music styles for each planet/astrological signs? Like Arabic music for Sag or Aquarius, which falls under those two's rulerships?

Here's a link to more countries (and hopefully more ideas!) for the song: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/geographical-rulership.php

Atruism

Thanks for the comments guys. Much appreciated :)

This is just a quick note to say that I'm still alive and still writing the song.

But I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

I'll get back to you soon though!

Thanks once again :)

Atruism

I just got a call from Madonna. She was begging me to work with her. I said... "No way babe. The astrology crew always comes first."

Update - Trial 2.

I've (gulp) changed the song around a little bit so that it 'fits' better. I've got my fingers crossed. And, as usual, I'm still working on all your suggestions :)

Keep 'em coming!

Atruism

Been very busy lately :(

The "Pause" button's been clicked on "The Song!"

But don't you worry now, because...

(Cue Terminator voice)

I'll be back :)