ASC,aspects and appearance

blueskye

I think what gives astrology a bad name are people who think they know everything there is to know about astrology, with no room for growth. Perhaps some cap risings do have dark hair...there are many factors that go into appearance. P.S. not everyone's time of birth is correct.
[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hina

I too think that you can only get a relative idea about people's physical appearance based on their natal chart. Maybe their might me away to get more specific but i don’t think that much research has been done in this department. I know two Capricorn risings and they both have the hair colors that is normal for their family. They don’t even like red hairs.

Anyway anyone checked this site.
Astrofaces: Photographs of Faces Grouped by Astrological Factors
http://astrofaces.com/astrofaces/index.html

blueskye

Hey check out all the celebs with Cap rising and red or reddish hair. Hmmmm

Attachments

• 7guze3p2290mzu3m.jpg
    7guze3p2290mzu3m.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 37
  • images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DownloadedFile.jpeg
    DownloadedFile.jpeg
    7.7 KB · Views: 30
  • images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 31
  • images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 32

Claire19

Wherever Uranus is, it will always shake things up. For example, my mother has cancer rising with uranus conjunct the ascendent. She has some cancerian traits but she has a square face and is thin, not wide hipped like a cancer. Uranus changes things unexpectedly, you never know what your going to get. If you have capricorn rising with uranus in the first (like I suspect) you would have had those unexpected and surprising experiences with your appearance. You would probably like to shock people with your appearance. If this is the right placement, it would also put Neptune in your first and this always gives a beautiful, ethereal, sensitive appearance.
A planet in the 1st house will always take precedence over a mere rising sign. The chart ruler and its aspects will modify the appearance.
Capricorn does not predispose to red hair in itself. It is rather dark if anything but there again what saturn is doing will modify persona and image.

Uranus in the 1st would dispose to angularity and often issues with calves and ankles.

Claire19

Hey check out all the celebs with Cap rising and red or reddish hair. Hmmmm

Capricorn rising does not predispose to celebs in itself nor red hair.
Celebrity belongs to a strong 10th house and for actors then Leo and the Sun is strong as well as the 5th house and may give the reddish hair but often that is artificial anyway..

We must not make generalisations or assumptions. Astrology is way more complex than that...

Last edited:

Claire19

I too think that you can only get a relative idea about people's physical appearance based on their natal chart. Maybe their might me away to get more specific but i don’t think that much research has been done in this department. I know two Capricorn risings and they both have the hair colors that is normal for their family. They don’t even like red hairs.

IN my case with Pisces rising I am very much that. My rising sign is also in the Pisces decan.....My Neptune as chart ruler is conjunct Venus and Mars in Libra and I am also very much Libran. Even features, curvy and dark hair with blue eyes which is also Libran. Heredity plays a big part always and if you are Indian for instance you are never going to be blonde......

Claire19

So this is what i could make sense of it. I m not classically beautiful or pretty infact i have quite a few quirky features(Maybe cause of the Uranus) but people usually dont see them or notice them(Neptune?)....People always telling me I m sexy and innocent looking....which is kind of contradictory but i dont know....maybe its the influence of Asc/Moon/Pluto conj. I also believe that I kind of give an illusion(Neptune) of being very good looking or attractive when in reality i m just average.

I do have all the classic features of Scorpio rising:
Thick shapely eybrows(I dont even need to tweeze them),
magnetic eyes( More like this :alien:. Both in size and shape:wink:),
Very long hairs(mid-thigh length) but they are not dark for my ethnicity they average dark brown.
I have very strong features Very big eyes, full big lips, high cheek bones, high forehead.
Oval face which is both soft and angular.

I m 5'2. which is averge for my region, slim curvy but very soft body(am i making sense), I have small hands and feet,narrow pointy bones

Did I make the right connections with planets?
Better to post a chart. Easier than all the data you have supplied.
I dont use some of the aspects that you mentioned. However what Pluto is doing will greatly modify your appearance.....Having more than one planet in the first gives a very complicated scenario and hard to say how you will look....From what you describe Neptune is very strong.... I.e. curvy soft and with big eyes and full lips....high forehead I think may also belong with Neptune..... I have that and I am Pisces rising so Neptune rules my chart. I also have big eyes and rather full lips.....

Last edited:

Claire19

You can do all the research you like but the influences are so varied and differ from person to person naturally... even someone else with the same riising sign and degree will have the chart ruler doing different things and then there is heredity..

Claire19

I thought the rising sign was more important than the sun sign concerning the appearance. Apparently, I was wrong. Which placements can have an influence on physical appearance?

And I know I'm an Aries ASC. I got it.
The rising sign and its ruler will give you a general idea....The Sun is always strong and can have an influence if it aspects the ascendant in some way too.

If you are Aries rising what is Mars doing and where??? It can tend to reddish colouring and shorter more muscular appearance but that is also general....It can give impulsiveness and prone to head injury especially in childhood.

JUPITERASC

These two links may be of some help with perhaps resolving these apparent enigmas :smile:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40941

blueskye

My point was merely to prove that red hair with capricorn rising IS a possibility for all those who were quick to say otherwise.

Saturnian

I have yet to see Venus' work in my 1st house,:p.
But I can see the Capricorn rising.It's there even if my sun sign is Capricorn as well,I am so different when I am with people I don't know.I come off(or am) quiet,calm,serious,not too talkative,minding my bussiness,hard to approach and all those things.But they don't correspond to my personality.If I start to feel comfortable around a person I'll usually make jokes,tease,act a bit immature,I also get startled quite easily.I talk a lot,am energetic.It's so much different than how I am with strangers.I usually keep my guard up,but even though I can be serious when the situation requires it and in fact pretty understanding I believe(I won't laugh at someone's problems) the impression I give off does not do me justice at all.
I have quite a few planets in the first and aspects to the Asc which makes me wonder...
I'd really like it if those self-confident planets shined more,like the Sun,Venus or Mars.

Jamisyn

I have yet to see Venus' work in my 1st house,:p.
But I can see the Capricorn rising.It's there even if my sun sign is Capricorn as well,I am so different when I am with people I don't know.I come off(or am) quiet,calm,serious,not too talkative,minding my bussiness,hard to approach and all those things.But they don't correspond to my personality.If I start to feel comfortable around a person I'll usually make jokes,tease,act a bit immature,I also get startled quite easily.I talk a lot,am energetic.It's so much different than how I am with strangers.I usually keep my guard up,but even though I can be serious when the situation requires it and in fact pretty understanding I believe(I won't laugh at someone's problems) the impression I give off does not do me justice at all.
I have quite a few planets in the first and aspects to the Asc which makes me wonder...
I'd really like it if those self-confident planets shined more,like the Sun,Venus or Mars.

I have this same problem of coming off so much more serious, quiet, aloof than i am as a Gem w/a Cancer asc, everyone ALWAYS tells me "i used to think you were so sweet & innocent (aka boring!) but you're like the craziest, funnest person i know." Lol. It really does suck, it makes it difficult to make friends easily since you need time to warm up to people & situations.
I have Ven in my 1st as well & I do seem to have no problem attracting men...but this is not always a plus by any means!

Last edited:

glitterandlace

So what are common features of a taurus rising? (Which is what I am)....I have no aspects in venus which is in capricorn 9th house. I have light skin that tans very easily....green eyes....one dimple ....avg height....hourglass/athletic figure.....I'm assuming those are common of a taurus.

You definitely have the neck of a Taurus rising. I am Taurus rising too, and we have short thick necks and attractive faces. Most of us have dimples too. =-)

Dropsy

The rising sign and its ruler will give you a general idea....The Sun is always strong and can have an influence if it aspects the ascendant in some way too.

If you are Aries rising what is Mars doing and where??? It can tend to reddish colouring and shorter more muscular appearance but that is also general....It can give impulsiveness and prone to head injury especially in childhood.

Mars is in Virgo.

capturedcran20111102061.png

scorpittarian

asc's in cap. Saturn's in aqua in d 1st.
Ura/nept in d 12th conj asc.
8h moon trine asc= roundish face.
Pluto sext asc.
Venus conj sun in sag.
i was an ugly duckling but i dont think im an ugly duck. My self esteem as a kid was ****. Noone ever paid a compliment. Instead i was told by my crush then that i was ugly and fat..lolz...
My 1st compliment was in grade 9 when clasmates began to tell me they like my style. Then on, i had people temme im pretty, unknown guys follow me, all sorts of guys want to date me.... I still dont believe them but i do attract a lot of attention wherever i go.
looks play an important role in my life. Venus/pluto in the 1oth n im an airhostess....
i associate these wd saturn: prominent collar bones, thin, long and feminine hands and fingers, slender frame, curves, properly aligned teeth.
some say i look innocent and others that i initially come across as haughty and reserved.

M

may28gemini

I know this is a very old tread and I posted maybe 5 times on this site, but I've been fascinated with ascendants lately.

I'm nearly done with my 1st Saturn's return and during this journey, I've reconnected with my parents, mainly my father (so fitting for Saturn). I've also learned from my Dad my birth time, so the chart I thought I had (based on guesses), really wasn't my chart at all. Anyway, after my Dad told me my time of birth, everything fell into place. Here goes:

9th Gemini Sun, 6th Pisces Moon, 1st Libra Asc
Libra 1st house stellium Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto (Dr.Jerkyll and Mr. Hyde and then some)
Libra Jupiter conjunct Libra Saturn
Libra Asc conjunct both Jupiter and Saturn
9th Sun trine 1st Jupiter and Saturn
in 9th house: Gemini Venus conjunct Gemini Mercury
9th Venus trine 1st Pluto
8th Taurus Mars trine 1st Jupiter and Saturn
6th Pisces Moon Sextile 8th Mars
6th Moon Square 9th Venus
6th Moon Oppose 1st Jupiter and Saturn
3rd Sagittarius Neptune Square 1st Jupiter and Saturn

Basically speaking, it seems as if physically I would be graceful and athletic at the same time. I am pretty sturdy looking and I love working out. I also have to do physical things or else I'll feel depressed and wasteful. I'm a long distance cyclist, avid swimmer, decent surfer, adequate volleyball player, destructive racket ball player, on top of working out at the gym regularly. I'm short, 5'3, but oddly enough, people "feel" like I would be taller. I'm usually really optimistic and cheery but keep everything realistic and grounded (Jup conj Sat). I have big boobs (Jupiter blessed me LOL), and a good, strong bone structure (thank you, Saturn). I can easily lose weight, but I will never look sickly, and it seems as if I'll always look athletic. I don't know where the Pluto influence would be as I don't have piercing eyes nor do I look Scorpio-like. The only thing I can think of is, a lot of people tend to hang onto my every move (for some reason) and they say I teach them by way of example.
Even though I'm Libra rising, I don't think I look "beautiful" in the traditional way. I don't even think I look beautiful at all. But then again, I think very, very few people do look beautiful and get irked by those who think too highly of themselves and have the bad habit of self-promoting (Saturn gets VERY grossed out by overinflated egos). My Asc is 3 degrees from Saturn and 6 from Jupiter. I've clearly chosen to exhibit the Saturnian side more.

When I smile in pictures I look extremely jovial (at least to me). If I don't smile, I look like I'm ready to rip someone's head off.

Attachments

• 4-up on 10-13-11 at 12.44 AM #5 (compiled).jpg
    4-up on 10-13-11 at 12.44 AM #5 (compiled).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 60
  • springtime.jpg
    springtime.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Jt4

Im a virgo with scorpio rising but my mercury and jupiter and venus and chiron are all in my 10 house and square my ascendant, from my profile pic what do you think i look like?