Preparing for loss in SR

kahtiel

How do you prepare for a negative solar return, specifically the 8th house and death of loved ones? I've noticed that the death of loved ones happen almost everytime I have planets there (see below).

2006: Jup/Sun/Mars/Mer- Grandmother
2007: Moon/Neptune/Chiron- Grandfather
2012: Uranus- Great Uncle
2014: Moon- Great Aunt
2016: Uranus- Grandmother (my current SR)

If I stay in the same place and am alive for 2019, I'm looking at Saturn and Pluto both in the 8th. Additionally, the SR 1st house going to be the same as my natal 8th house.

Thanks for any insight :love:

Last edited:

astrocali

I find the same to be true for me with solar returns and the 8th house. Venus and Jupiter were there when my mom died, which coincidentally today is her birthday. The loss and grief was tremendous even with those benefic planets there, but I did inherit quite a bit of money and property. I have Jupiter natally in the 8th house, so my life has been full of much pain and gain.

You have sun and Pluto natally in Scorpio. Unfortunately Scorpios tend to get more than their fair share of loss and death. But what is the purpose? Well no one is immune to death of loved ones, but Scorpios have a special gift of transforming this pain into something better. It's probably why you are interested in astrology.

I think you have found yourself this far, doing the solar returns and finding the 8th house patterns. And what you are really gaining is a chance to prepare for 2019, because some people do need to look to the future and have preparation mentally and spiritually for these dark moments.

Reach out to those spirit guides, your loved ones who have passed on, and ask them for strength and guidance to prepare for these losses. And try to find the meaning for yourself in all this loss. I know for me the suffering and pain of losing loved ones has given me the gift of gratitude and to be thankful for so much more beyond this material world. I feel lucky and peaceful to know that I have spirits to guide me. I hope you too find light in the inevitable darkness of loss.

Last edited:

Lin

Do you think you could repost that SR chart in a "non" whole sign form?
Like Placidus/tropical?

Also: when you lost the other people in your life, were there oppositions to the planets in the 8th?
Also: where is your SR for this coming year? (2017-18)
LIN

kahtiel

Do you think you could repost that SR chart in a "non" whole sign form?
Like Placidus/tropical?

Also: when you lost the other people in your life, were there oppositions to the planets in the 8th?
Also: where is your SR for this coming year? (2017-18)
LIN

Of course! I've attached 2019 in Placidus (should be the first chart). I also attached both Whole and Placidus charts for 2017-2018. ETA: Just in case it's important, my SR's 1st house is on my natal first house (natally my AC is at 7 Sco; Pluto 13 Sco; Merc 17 Sco)

None of those years had oppositions to planets in the 8th.

EDIT: Removed charts

Last edited:

kahtiel

@astrocali Thank you so much for your kind words. I just lost her less than a week ago (today's her birthday), so it means a lot. I do think it's good to know ahead of time because even with preparation it hits hard.

My Jupiter is in my 8th house natally (whole signs), but I've never really noticed it having an impact on my life. If anything it denies me more than it gives, but maybe that's the impact of it being retrograde.

AquaMoonChild

How do you prepare for a negative solar return, specifically the 8th house and death of loved ones? I've noticed that the death of loved ones happen almost everytime I have planets there (see below).

2006: Jup/Sun/Mars/Mer- Grandmother
2007: Moon/Neptune/Chiron- Grandfather
2012: Uranus- Great Uncle
2014: Moon- Great Aunt
2016: Uranus- Grandmother (my current SR)

If I stay in the same place and am alive for 2019, I'm looking at Saturn and Pluto both in the 8th. Additionally, the SR 1st house going to be the same as my natal 8th house.

Thanks for any insight :love:
Whenever my Uranus is in the 8th house Someone in my family passes...a baby half way through the pregnancy, my mom and almost myself. Its in the 8th again and my alcoholic husband drank a gallon of vodka in one night plus beer a few days ago and my sister ended up in the hospital due to blood infection. I also tend to dream before someone is ever sick that they pass. Usually a month before. It happened with my sister so I'm extremely worried and I keep dreaming that I'm not with my husband anymore. I also dreamt that my mom told me she had cancer a month before we found out. Before I lost a baby I dreamt I was bleeding a week before I started bleeding.
To answer your question, You can't really prepare. I just detach myself from reality. That's the only way I cope.
You

kahtiel

I'm sorry you're going through this too, AquaMoonChild, and you've obviously have been through a lot. I do sort of wish I dreamed about things so I could make sure to sort my emotions, but even that may not help. This makes me worry for the actual transit through the 8th.