What a horrible merc retrograde

stormborn

I'm usually pretty good with merc retrograde, but man, this one has been a humdinger. I have never had such a horrible horrible time than the last few weeks - I would say since around beginning of May but more noticeably since May 10 or so.

Why is this Merc retrograde so bad? Holy macaroni.

Issues I am dealing with have to do with being blamed, targets, feeling attacked. I've encountered bullying sessions from people who don't even know me.

Can anyone tell me there is a silver lining and when this will be over? I've included my natal with transits just in case this will help.

Thank you for anything you can give.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50691&d=1416421246

stormborn

Thank you I appreciate it. I'm one of those people who can accept almost anything with an explanation I can understand. I would just like to understand. Why is this happening?

Osamenor

Staff member
Back around the beginning of May, Mars went kazimi, and it's staying there--at least, within 2 or 3 degrees of the sun--until mid August, from what I hear. I was told that by someone more experienced with astrology than me, and she said it's likely to lead to lots of short tempers, unexplained anger, and frustration.

You just this last week had that sun/Mars conjunction in opposition to your natal sun and Mercury. Maybe that had something to do with it. I also notice, looking at your solar return and current transits, that Uranus is currently within a couple of degrees of trine with your natal Mars, and Jupiter was conjunct it at your solar return and is still close by. I'm not versed enough in transits to have a clear understanding of what that means, but I'm guessing that Jupiter's expansiveness and Uranus's tendency to bring bolts from the blue, aspecting aggressive Mars, might be players in this drama.

In any case, all of this business about being blamed and attacked and bullied sounds like Mars acting up. Mercury retrograde might lead to miscommunications, but it doesn't seem to cause aggressive ones all by itself.

And what happens during transits reflects what you yourself have done, and/or the kind of environment you're in. Are you in a position, at work or in your personal life, where you often get into confrontations with people and/or have to be the bad guy? Or are you in a situation where you're surrounded by bullying people all the time, they just usually don't pick on you? What transits do is activate the energies around us, not create them in the first place.

Last edited:

stormborn

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

Lots of bolts from the blue, that's for sure. I feel like I've been kicked and from my supposed friends. If anything, I am realized that my own perception of their abilities, and qualities is not what is actually how they are, if that makes any sense.

I am not in a position of being anything really, just an artist who is trying to make a difference in this town. I'm a community player, working to create partnerships to further cultural ideals and activities. I get a lot of "who does she think she is" and such. I'm not anybody, just someone who sees opportunity to bridge the gap between various groups, and I am one of twelve on the arts council.

Did I have to be the bad guy? Yes, in this latest instance I had to make a stand to protect the other directors re: an insurance requirement, and this other arts partnership that I am in wanted me to buckle to their pressure. I would not. As a result they had to make different plans.

It seems like things were going fine for a while, and then bam! Hit with an attack, verbal, not physical. Then another, this time emotional. I don't tend to trust too many people, and lately I am being reminded constantly why that is.

I don't believe in the victim mentality. I mean, sure there can be that, but no point in it because it doesn't solve anything. I feel like I am struggling to rise above these petty bs and my wings are being dragged down by dirty grasping hands.

Today is the latest. There is definitely mixed up communications, something I value highly, and do my utmost to be diligent. I'm now accused of being secretive. I've got two roles, and this other person, the chair of another nearby arts council is not recognizing or understanding that. These two roles are being seen as one and the same. I feel like I am in defensive mode, and I don't deserve it.

Last edited:

stormborn

I just did a search on kazimi (cazimi). It means in the heart of the sun, or favoured by the king. If mars is cazimi then why can it not be a good thing? Why does it have to be so negative? I'd think mars would like to be hot/heated up.

Izzy542

I also will agree that was a strong Mercury, for me it was like osamenor mentioned a burning inside tension and frustration and not so much in events although I had my car broke down and lost my cat. But for everybody around me was much worse, they lost phones,documents,money,cars broke Down it was like pure unlikeness everywhere. Normally I enjoy the retrograde Mercury energy it is always clossing unfinished business but this time it was violently closing them with a lot of fights and misunderstanding.

JUPITERASC

Back around the beginning of May, Mars went kazimi,
and it's staying there--at least, within 2 or 3 degrees of the sun--
until mid August, from what I hear.

I was told that by someone more experienced with astrology than me,
and she said it's likely to lead to lots of short tempers, unexplained anger, and frustration.
It is simply not possible for Mars to be "staying cazimi from May 2015 until August 2015"
because
to be cazimi, a planet must be within 16' (arc minutes) of the sun
and also be in the same degree and latitude as the sun - that's rare

so
keep in mind that
a planet within 2 or 3 degrees of the sun is experiencing combustion
not cazimi

BONATTI considered ecliptical longitude and latitude equal requirements for cazimi to be properly established:

Quote:
“. . . and when (a planet) is with the Sun in one degree,
so that there are 16’ or less between them, both by latitude and longitude (which rarely happens) :smile:
it is said to be united, and then it is made strong, because it is in the Sun’s forge, that is, in his heart.” (The Book of Astronomy
Treatise 3, Chapter 7 “On the Dasturya or Haym of the Planets” translated by Dr Benjamin. Dykes)

".....[CAZIMI, OR IN THE HEART OF THE SUN.] A Planet is in the heart of the Sun, or in Cazimi,
when he is not removed from him 17 min. or is within 17 min. forward or backward,
as Sun in 15.30 Taurus, Mercury 15.25. of Taurus: here Mercury is in Cazimi,
and all Authors doe hold a Planet in Cazimi to be fortified thereby; " ~William Lilly Christian Astrology

Quote:
A Planet within 12 degrees of the Sun, is said to be under his Beames,
and then hath not fortitude, let it be in what Signe it will;
when a Planet is within 16 minutes of the Sun, he is said to be in Cazimi,
or heat of the Sun, and then it's an addition of fortune, and he is wonderous strong. ~William Lilly, Christian Astrology, aphorism 2

I just did a search on kazimi (cazimi). It means in the heart of the sun, or favoured by the king.
If mars is cazimi then why can it not be a good thing? Why does it have to be so negative?
I'd think mars would like to be hot/heated up.
QUOTE:

'.....It is a good thing for all (the planets) to flee from the Sun, but not Mars;
For Mars is overcome when under the rays of the Sun.
Mars is afraid when seeing the light of the Sun,
And it no longer possesses its former maleficence.....' Manetho, Apotelesmatica, Book 1, line 96-10

stormborn

Well combustion (and the Mars explanation) sure makes a hell of a lot of sense. Thanks for that explanation, and then with osamenor talking about uranus throwing darts at me from the blackness, it seems what I need to do is to lay low or find a strategy to deal with this.

And this is going to be happening until August?

I need to find a shield of some sort. Can't my Jupiter help me out? He's in 12th this SR, my understanding that was a guardian angel. I'm feeling really vulnerable these days, and that's putting it mildly.

stormborn

I've been reading about Mars combust and Sun Mars conjunction. It appears there is great strength in using the energy from the combustion - should I do that? I've been running from the conflict because I don't want to cause waves, because I'm not so diplomatic sometimes when my back is against the wall. Should I just say ***** it and call it as it is? Would that be a good strategy?

JUPITERASC

Well combustion
(and the Mars explanation)
sure makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Thanks for that explanation,
Good news that it's beginning to make sense :smile:
and then with osamenor talking about uranus throwing darts at me from the blackness,
it seems what I need to do is to lay low or find a strategy to deal with this.

And this is going to be happening until August?

I need to find a shield of some sort.
Can't my Jupiter help me out? He's in 12th this SR, my understanding that was a guardian angel.
I'm feeling really vulnerable these days, and that's putting it mildly.
Jupiter is in 12th solar return house
but Jupiter is in 8th natal house
also
it is important to delineate the chart as a whole in order to establish the natal promise
rather than focus on just one planet or one aspect

Many astrologers are increasingly using whole sign houses to determine topics
because
The house location of any natal planet is entirely dependent on the house system chosen :smile:
and one may easily verify that
by comparing the same natal chart created using any of the fourteen different house systems

on offer at astro.com's Extended Chart Selection Page
and so
would be useful if you would post your natal and solar return created using whole sign houses for both natal and solar

meanwhile

EXPLANATORY ASTROLOGICAL HOUSES ARTICLE http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html

'...In no other area of astrology is there so much mess and confusion than in the area of the so-called "houses".
There are at least twenty or thirty different house systems or means of dividing the so-called "birthchart" into twelve segments of life activity.
In astrology, houses, mansions, or domains, represent general areas of life activity
and are the grounding areas or arenas of expression for planets.
Originally, the words "houses" and "signs" were interchangeable or meant the same thing.
A planet in Aries was also a planet in the house of Aries,
so that in effect. there were no real houses as we know them today....'

'….Artificial divisions now known as houses were attempts by early Greeks and Hindus to measure strength "points" in the horoscope,
which during 7th and 8th centuries AD were construed or confused as means of dividing the birth chart.
The ascendant and midheaven degrees and their opposites, for example, were definite power points or areas of intense focus,
but not necessarily the beginnings of a house or quadrant....'

JUPITERASC

I've been reading about Mars combust and Sun Mars conjunction.
It appears there is great strength in using the energy from the combustion - should I do that?
I've been running from the conflict because I don't want to cause waves, because I'm not so diplomatic sometimes when my back is against the wall.
Should I just say ***** it and call it as it is? Would that be a good strategy?
remember that
'.....Mars is afraid when seeing the light of the Sun,
And it no longer possesses its former maleficence.....' Manetho, Apotelesmatica, Book 1, line 96-10

few, if any, are diplomatic when feeling cornered :smile:
if you post your natal and solar return using whole sign houses for each
then the topics can be clarified
by the way topics are house meanings
there's a great FREE online study resource of those at
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

stormborn

Thank you. I am often confused between the Placidus and Koch House System, which one is better. Here is the chart - if it is not the right one, please let me know. I'd like to know someone is defending/will be defending me because if I do it, I know I'm going to be really strong, and I don't want to hurt the efforts I have made so far.

attachment.php

stormborn

remember that
'.....Mars is afraid when seeing the light of the Sun,

few, if any, are diplomatic when feeling cornered :smile:
if you post your natal and solar return using whole sign houses for each
then the topics can be clarified
by the way topics are house meanings
there's a great FREE online study resource of those at
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

Thank you for the study resource. I am going to read that today and muse over it for the next while. I find I can only take in so much at once with this because there are so many nuances. This is a population and neighbourhood to get to know.

So I shouldn't feel bad about standing up for myself? I do it for so many other people I guess I just thought others would for me too. :crying: Like I said, my expectations and perceptions were totally skewed.

The other thing is would I not just be throwing fuel on the fire if I did fully enter the confrontation? I can only feel things would be worse off.

JUPITERASC

Thank you. I am often confused between the Placidus and Koch House System, which one is better.
Here is the chart
- if it is not the right one, please let me know.
I'd like to know someone is defending/will be defending me because if I do it,
I know I'm going to be really strong, and I don't want to hurt the efforts I have made so far.
Placidus is just the default for most software programs
no house system is necessarily "better" than any other
however astrologers use different house systems so software programs allow options choose which house system to use :smile:
so if you are able to
then re-create a new natal chart by checking your software options
and then selecting "Whole Sign Houses" for natal chart
and then also selecting "Whole Sign Houses" for solar return
then repost in whole signs
it's an interesting exercise in noticing how planets can "change house"

JUPITERASC

Thank you for the study resource. I am going to read that today and muse over it for the next while.
I find I can only take in so much at once with this because there are so many nuances. This is a population and neighbourhood to get to know.
Take time to study these concepts, "Rome was not built in a day"
So I shouldn't feel bad about standing up for myself? I do it for so many other people I guess I just thought others would for me too. :crying: Like I said, my expectations and perceptions were totally skewed.

The other thing is would I not just be throwing fuel on the fire if I did fully enter the confrontation? I can only feel things would be worse off.

Definitely avoid throwing fuel on any fire ~ unless you enjoy gardening and need a bonfire to burn weeds :smile:

stormborn

LOL thank you. I will not throw any fuel on the fire. I am trying to be zen and staying out of the mud and thinking there is more strength in that than to enter the fray. I'm not much of a gardener at all. The local provincial park has better landscaping than my yard.

Here is the new chart with whole houses. Hopefully this one is good, if not, let me know I can go get a different format.

Thank you for helping me get my mind straight. I have a meeting this am at 9 pacific to deal with a portion of this, the gallery portion. Tomorrow is my arts council portion.

I'm adding a .gif because the jpg doesn't look very clear. (oh disregard, I was not looking at the right image)

Attachments

• astro_31gw_01_julia_t_2014122_hw.51854.26595.jpg
    astro_31gw_01_julia_t_2014122_hw.51854.26595.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

LOL thank you.

I will not throw any fuel on the fire. I am trying to be zen and staying out of the mud
and thinking there is more strength in that than to enter the fray

I'm not much of a gardener at all. The local provincial park has better landscaping than my yard.
Laughter is the best medicine :smile:
occurs to me that if you have a comedy show you regularly watch
then now is a good time to view past favorite episodes and roar with laughter

ADDFUELTOFIRE.jpg

zen-like serenity of staying clear of the mud while emulating a beautiful and serene lotus flower
with its roots deep in the mud
is a rewarding attitude to keep in mind

93f5b059f438c978e06ad7cfd004e890.jpg

Here is the new chart with whole houses. Hopefully this one is good, if not, let me know I can go get a different format.

Thank you for helping me get my mind straight.
I have a meeting this am at 9 pacific to deal with a portion of this, the gallery portion. Tomorrow is my arts council portion.

I'm adding a .gif because the jpg doesn't look very clear. (oh disregard, I was not looking at the right image)
Thanks for the new charts ~ notice how clearly they show the various topics

house systems such as Placidus, Koch, Alcabitius and so on ad infinitum
are useful for calculating PLANETARY STRENGTH

so
a planet that is angular in both Whole Sign Houses AND for example Placidus, Koch
is stronger then a planet that is angular in ONLY Whole Sign Houses
or ONLY Placidus, Koch and the others

JUPITERASC

Delineating any natal chart takes at the very least many hours if done with any reliability
and we are also comparing solar return with natal
so in the meantime
you'll find the following article from our EDUCATION BOARD by Starlink
HOW TO INTERPRET A SOLAR RETURN CHART
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763
provides you at least the basics :smile:

QUOTE FROM STARLINK'S ARTICLE

'.....A Solar Return chart should always be looked at in connection with your natal chart
because we want to see what our natal planets are doing this year
and looking at their positions in the SR chart is one way doing that.
Putting them on a 2-wheel chart is a good way of viewing them.
Put the natal chart in the inner wheel. That way you can also keep an eye on the natal chart positions of planets.

Note:You can also view the Solar Return as a chart on its own, but it wont tell you as much as when you compare with the natal chart.

It is not easy to interprete a Solar Return chart because very often what we see in there, reflects the hopes and wishes of the individual
and not necessarILY what will happen to him/her.
That is also why we have to look at the birth potential.
If the Solar Return shows a fantastic career move,
but in the natal chart it is clearly seen that any career attempt is going to be non existent
(when the woman is a mother rather than a career type)
or when there is no fire present, nor any ambition to be seen (Cardinal mode),
then we have to be careful. It could be a wish, not a reality
......'