Asking a Horary question on Astro.com

IleneK

Premium Member
I love astrology it's one of my favorite hobbies and I've learned a lot. And I do believe that synastry is important. I think there is a lot of truth about the interactions between two people. But honestly I don't know about this Horary stuff. I don't like the idea of making life decisions based on a what a chart says. I think what happens in reality and real life should always come first. The part that doesn't make sense to me. Is If you are communicating with someone. Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else. I think there needs to be a line between astrology and real life. I'm not saying this based on this situation I just mean in general. Maybe Horary isn't for me because I like to live life based on what is actually happening in reality not based on what a chart says. I don't know if that makes sense. I don't like second guessing situations based on a chart. If I would have just went out with him when he first asked me to. Instead of letting astrology dictate my actions I probably wouldn't be in this situation.

CoV, there are many valid approaches to meeting our lives as they unfold.
We all must decide what is best for ourselves.

Quite honestly, I am in agreement with you about:
"Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else."

There are others who indicate that they do, but personally I do not use astrology, horary or otherwise, in any way to tell me what actions to take in my life. I would rather meet it as it arises and respond as best I can at that time. But that is my personal preference.

I think natal and synastry astrology can be very good for descriptions of general tendencies in and between personalities, but after that, I live my life. Perhaps that may be a good approach for you as well?

I am wishing you the very best in this holiday season.

ChildOfVenus

CoV, there are many valid approaches to meeting our lives as they unfold.
We all must decide what is best for ourselves.

Quite honestly, I am in agreement with you about:
"Why would you let a chart tell you whether or not you should get involved with them? Whether it be sexually, friendship or whatever else."

There are others who indicate that they do, but personally I do not use astrology, horary or otherwise, in any way to tell me what actions to take in my life. I would rather meet it as it arises and respond as best I can at that time. But that is my personal preference.

I think natal and synastry astrology can be very good for descriptions of general tendencies in and between personalities, but after that, I live my life. Perhaps that may be a good approach for you as well?

I am wishing you the very best in this holiday season.

So since the chart says he's not interested. How do I respond to this?

"nothing you did was wrong. I am going to get to hang out with you very soon. I'm not trying to play games but I'm sure that's how it looks. My schedule is still pretty busy but I swear I'm going to find time very soon"

Should I just say "No I don't believe you because astrology says you aren't." I mean really what do I say?

rafaella

"nothing you did was wrong. I am going to get to hang out with you very soon. I'm not trying to play games but I'm sure that's how it looks. My schedule is still pretty busy but I swear I'm going to find time very soon"

Should I just say "No I don't believe you because astrology says you aren't." I mean really what do I say?

Its not as black and white as you think. Look at the bigger picture. If astrology suggests one thing and the reality is going on a different path, then that would suggest to stay alert but keep going on the path that you want to. You should not let astrology dictate how you're going to lead your life. This is the reason horary should be used sparingly and only when you have a burning question that cannot be answered by your situation.

Another thing, e.g. querent asks - will we have sex, and the horary chart may suggest no, perhaps even a bad reception, but they might still have sex in reality, however later the guy disappears and the querent is heart broken as she wanted more.... was horary wrong? No, in my opinion horary accurately showed a negative situation. In the end, there was separation and heartbreak. The guy was only interested in getting laid. Horary shows the bigger picture....

This above example is just a general example. But in your chart, I can see you are overly focused on him, so you are emotionally involved... if you were just looking for casual sex, I would have said go for it, but as I see in the chart, there is imbalance of what you and he wants... this is the reason I was warning you.

I suggest you go forward with this guy as you want but keeping in mind to go slow and let feelings develop naturally. Be cautious and wise... I would advice you to not jump into bed with him straight away, first figure out how he feels about you.

all the best!

ChildOfVenus

Its not as black and white as you think. Look at the bigger picture. If astrology suggests one thing and the reality is going on a different path, then that would suggest to stay alert but keep going on the path that you want to. You should not let astrology dictate how you're going to lead your life. This is the reason horary should be used sparingly and only when you have a burning question that cannot be answered by your situation.

Another thing, e.g. querent asks - will we have sex, and the horary chart may suggest no, perhaps even a bad reception, but they might still have sex in reality, however later the guy disappears and the querent is heart broken as she wanted more.... was horary wrong? No, in my opinion horary accurately showed a negative situation. In the end, there was separation and heartbreak. The guy was only interested in getting laid. Horary shows the bigger picture....

This above example is just a general example. But in your chart, I can see you are overly focused on him, so you are emotionally involved... if you were just looking for casual sex, I would have said go for it, but as I see in the chart, there is imbalance of what you and he wants... this is the reason I was warning you.

I suggest you go forward with this guy as you want but keeping in mind to go slow and let feelings develop naturally. Be cautious and wise... I would advice you to not jump into bed with him straight away, first figure out how he feels about you.

all the best!

I asked the guy if he wanted to be friends with benefits. This was after he asked me out. He said yes because he's always been into me. That's why I asked the question about whether or not he and I would have sex. Not because I want to be romantically involved with him. I thought it was obvious in the chart. As Osamenor said it showed that I'm the one who isn't interested in a relationship. I guess everyone has their own interpretation.

rafaella

I asked the guy if he wanted to be friends with benefits. This was after he asked me out. He said yes because he's always been into me. That's why I asked the question about whether or not he and I would have sex. Not because I want to be romantically involved with him. I thought it was obvious in the chart. As Osamenor said it showed that I'm the one who isn't interested in a relationship. I guess everyone has their own interpretation.

well you got 3 charts on this thread, with different significators you are going to get different receptions.... maybe stick to just having one chart in the future.

The chart shows your emotional involvement with him, this the second chart, the first chart as SN on ASC... this suggests negative influence on the question. Either way, I see nothing that suggests positivity around this relationship of yours...

ChildOfVenus

well you got 3 charts on this thread, with different significators you are going to get different receptions.... maybe stick to just having one chart in the future.

The chart shows your emotional involvement with him, this the second chart, the first chart as SN on ASC... this suggests negative influence on the question. Either way, I see nothing that suggests positivity around this relationship of yours...

That's the thing though how can astrology determine whether or not people can be friends? That's like if I go out today and meet someone. And we decide that we want to be friends. I'm not going to avoid them because of astrology. Or if I've been friends with someone since grade school. And a chart says I should end the friend ship. Would that really make common sense? To end a friendship with someone after being friends with that person for decades? I would never end my friendship with someone based on what a chart says. That's the issue I have with Horary astrology because it's like people no longer have free will.

So what do you suggest I say to him? No we can't be friends. Because an astrology chart says that it won't be a good a friendship? Yes I like the guy but not as a romantic interests. Based on what he's told me. It seems as though he maybe having issues financially. That alone is one reason why I don't want to get involved with him romantically. I just think he and I could be good friends. Be cause we have some things in common. I did think that maybe I should be emotionally involved after Osamenor said the charts show he's not the type of person who only wants a sex only thing with no strings attached. But again I guess that's not the case. Being as though the guy keeps telling me he's interested. This is why it's all So confusing and why I'd rather stick with reality.

Last edited:

Witchyone

That's the thing though how can astrology determine whether or not people can be friends? That's like if I go out today and meet someone. And we decide that we want to be friends. I'm not going to avoid them because of astrology. Or if I've been friends with someone since grade school. And a chart says I should end the friend ship. Would that really make common sense? To end a friendship with someone after being friends with that person for decades? I would never end my friendship with someone based on what a chart says. That's the issue I have with Horary astrology because it's like people no longer have free will.

So what do you suggest I say to him? No we can't be friends. Because an astrology chart says that it won't be a good a friendship? Yes I like the guy but not as a romantic interests. Based on what he's told me. It seems as though he maybe having issues financially. That alone is one reason why I don't want to get involved with him romantically. I just think he and I could be good friends. Be cause we have some things in common. I did think that maybe I should be emotionally involved after Osamenor said the charts show he's not the type of person who only wants a sex only thing with no strings attached. But again I guess that's not the case. Being as though the guy keeps telling me he's interested. This is why it's all So confusing and why I'd rather stick with reality.

You shouldn't ask horary questions if you're not prepared to deal with the answers you get. I don't say that to be judgmental. I say that as someone who has thought of asking horary questions but who doubts. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with the answer, so I don't ask. It's not the job of anyone here to convince you it works. You're supposed to be on board before you ask.

ChildOfVenus

You shouldn't ask horary questions if you're not prepared to deal with the answers you get. I don't say that to be judgmental. I say that as someone who has thought of asking horary questions but who doubts. I know I wouldn't be satisfied with the answer, so I don't ask. It's not the job of anyone here to convince you it works. You're supposed to be on board before you ask.

I'm not asking anyone to convince me of anything. I'm asking what should a person do when a chart says one thing. But it's not what is actually happening in reality. Just like how people say the guy isn't interested in me. Yet he's saying that he is. It's not a trick question.

ChildOfVenus

@rafaella That is what I was asking about. Casual sex is friends with benefits. I wasn't asking if he and I would be in a romantic relationship. I was asking if we could be friends with benefits. Since he said he was interested.

Osamenor

Staff member

In this thread alone, you've changed your mind several times. First you said you want to be friends with benefits but you don't want a romantic relationship. Then you said you would be willing to have a committed relationship with him. Then you said you don't care about having a sexual relationship with him at all. Now you're back to saying you want to be friends with benefits.

My interpretation is just an interpretation, not absolute truth. One way or another, that second chart you cast shows his significator domiciled and yours in detriment in his sign. I would say that means you would have to have a relationship on his terms, but there's something about his terms that isn't comfortable for you. Since you were at that point saying you wanted a friends with benefits relationship but nothing serious, I took that to mean he would be the one to want a serious, committed relationship, which you would not be comfortable with.

However, it looks like what's going on here is you can't decide what kind of relationship you want with him. Your significator in that chart is the moon, which regularly changes. His is Saturn, which holds steady and sticks to something. I initially interpreted that as a desire for commitment on his part because Saturn and Capricorn tend to do that--want stability, commitment, and staying the course--and because you were making it sound like that was what you didn't want.

It does look like he's more sure of himself, whatever it is that he wants, than you are.

He may be interested in you, but based on that chart, it looks like the two of you have different ideas, and different desires, when it comes to actually having a relationship. If you do get together, those differences will surface pretty quickly.

That said, the chart isn't telling you what to do. You can still pursue this relationship if you want to, and if he's still willing. It just doesn't look like a relationship with strong compatibility.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

In this thread alone, you've changed your mind several times. First you said you want to be friends with benefits but you don't want a romantic relationship. Then you said you would be willing to have a committed relationship with him. Then you said you don't care about having a sexual relationship with him at all. Now you're back to saying you want to be friends with benefits.

My interpretation is just an interpretation, not absolute truth. One way or another, that second chart you cast shows his significator domiciled and yours in detriment in his sign. I would say that means you would have to have a relationship on his terms, but there's something about his terms that isn't comfortable for you. Since you were at that point saying you wanted a friends with benefits relationship but nothing serious, I took that to mean he would be the one to want a serious, committed relationship, which you would not be comfortable with.

However, it looks like what's going on here is you can't decide what kind of relationship you want with him. Your significator in that chart is the moon, which regularly changes. His is Saturn, which holds steady and sticks to something. I initially interpreted that as a desire for commitment on his part because Saturn and Capricorn tend to do that--want stability, commitment, and staying the course--and because you were making it sound like that was what you didn't want.

It does look like he's more sure of himself, whatever it is that he wants, than you are.

He may be interested in you, but based on that chart, it looks like the two of you have different ideas, and different desires, when it comes to actually having a relationship. If you do get together, those differences will surface pretty quickly.

That said, the chart isn't telling you what to do. You can still pursue this relationship if you want to, and if he's still willing. It just doesn't look like a relationship with strong compatibility.
I just want to be able to have my space and freedom. I don't mind being in a serious relationship. As long as I'm not smothered. When I was in a relationship with my ex. We lived together but I liked having my own room. I wouldn't have to see the person everyday. I got bored with my ex because everything became routine. I don't know what to do about this situation though. I don't understand why he would say he's interested in something if that's not what he really wants.

IleneK

Premium Member

If you re read what I wrote to you, you will see that I said YOU need to decide what to do, what to say. I don’t think horary can guide you here for the reasons you have described about yourself and the circumstances that have been discussed here at length.

I strongly agree with rafaella’s wise admonition to go slowly with this fellow, no matter what you decide to do with him, if anything, continually evaluating how you feel at each small step.

This is for YOU to decide given all the limited and ambiguous information surrounding the matter.
Nothing like this is ever clear cut. Even if it looks like it.

Very best to you!

ChildOfVenus

So he's asking me if I'll be his that's his way of asking will I have sex with him lol. But this doesn't sound like friends with benefits to me.

ChildOfVenus

I just don't get why people always automatically assume that it's the woman who will get hurt. Like men don't have emotions? A lot of times the woman isn't the one who ends up getting hurt.

IleneK

Premium Member
I just don't get why people always automatically assume that it's the woman who will get hurt. Like men don't have emotions? A lot of times the woman isn't the one who ends up getting hurt.

There is no such automatic assumption. Period.
Perhaps it may be helpful for you to examine your understanding of horary, and more importantly, to examine your assumptions that lead you to this false conclusion?

waybread

CoV, it's not like we're assuming very much. We read your chart and try to honestly interpret what it tells us. iRght? You're the querent so this gives you a big role in a horary chart plus any kind of friendly advice. If it looks like the man would be eating his heart out, the chart should show that.