what sex is my baby?

pisceskitty

I would like to know what is the sex of the baby I'm carrying? I have a feeling I'm having a boy:)

What sex is my little one?
April 7th 2007
11:45am
Brooklyn, NY

Arian Maverick

Cancer is rising and your significator, the Moon, is located in the fifth house; I believe this chart is radical, but I cannot seem to find a list of the astrological indicators of a boy or a girl in my horary astrology book although it is listed as one of the questions of the 5th House as given by Gadbury. It most likely has to do with the gender of the sign on the fifth house cusp and the gender of the sign of its ruler--both, I may add, are feminine--yet I do not wish to give an interpretation until I know this information for certain.

I'll research this later if I finish my health project ;)

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Carole

First of all, congratulations pisceskitty!!

Let's see now...

Ascendant Cancer, Venus hour.

1. The ascendant is in Cancer (a feminine sign) and ruled by the Moon (feminine).
2. The sign at the cusp of the 5th house is Scorpio (a feminine sign) and ruled by Mars (masculine) in Pisces (a feminine sign).
3. The four angles are in feminine signs.
4. Jupiter retrograde (masculine) disposes of the Moon and is in Sagittarius (a masculine sign).

Mmmm....it looks to me that most of the testimonies are feminine.

Carole

Last edited:

astro.teacher

While others have answered your Horary question, I may state that it may be easier just to read this from your own natal which makes it clear the sex of the children you will have. If these children are produced through marriage, count them out of the 11th House (5th from the 7th). Always check out the Lords as well to help determine that and the Signs they are placed in.

One final option is, if you know the day/hour of conception, this is an invaluable chart to have. I have read many authors praise people who have such charts because they go hand in hand with the natal chart. This will also tell you the sex of the baby (except from the Ascendant, his Lord and the Moon).

AutumnMoonfire

If you have any clue when you concieved, did you ovulate before or after you had sex? Was the pregnancy intentional or a gift from the goddess?

Can you tell yet that I'm a maternal newborn nurse?:eek:

cossie

Congratulations piscekitty!
I went through my 1st pregnancy thinking I was carrying a boy and I got a girl. I wasnt dissappointed and Im sure you wont be,boy or girl it is always amazing to have a child.I wish you all the luck in the world with your pregnancy and birth.

Wow Astro teacher!

Im intrigued by your post.
Ive never heard of this before,could you please elaborate.For example which house system is best to use for this? In some house systems my Neptune falls in 11th and some nothing in 11th.
Can u determine how many children you will have as well as the sex?
I have one girl and we are trying for another baby but finding it difficult since I lost one tube in an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago.

Attachments

• Clairas natal chart.gif
    Clairas natal chart.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 29

astro.teacher

Ive never heard of this before,could you please elaborate.For example which house system is best to use for this?

Ive never had any difficulty with Placidus.

In some house systems my Neptune falls in 11th and some nothing in 11th.

I usually dont consider Neptune, look to the Lord when a House is empty.

Can u determine how many children you will have as well as the sex?

Yes I can, however its always best to have both the mother AND fathers chart. A man may produce all male children with one woman and all female with another, this is because both Nativities matter in the interpretation.

I am currently (literally right now) elaborating all this into an article on my website. I am doing a major site update so it is taking quite a while (whole new pages and articles), so keep updated on my site. It should be up in 1-2 weeks at the longest and youll see exactly how to determine all of this and more. All updates are signified on my homepage. It will teach you exactly what to look for.
aNorthEast.gif
cLeftTop.gif
cRightTop.gif

cLeftBottom.gif
cRightBottom.gif

pisceskitty

Thank you all for your kind words of love, and support! This baby is definitely a gift from the goddess. I had an ectopic pregnancy[my entire right fallopian tube was removed, with the fetus in it] and a miscarriage before I got pregnant with my oldest son[His father is my ex-husband whom I was married to for 8yrs, he'll be 9 on June 18th]. I am sooo excited about this baby! I don't plan to have anymore after this one though!:D The baby was concieved in late december I believe.I found out I was pregnant on february 2nd.
I have Aqaurius ruling my 5th house in my natal chart. My Sun-Mercury-Venus are all in pisces in the 5th. The father of this little one has Pisces ruling his fifth house. I was Born March 11th 1973, 8:26pm, New York, NY

Last edited:

Draco

I looked at this the same way in which Carole did, and I would also reckon a girl. I hadn't noticed that all the angles are feminine however, which is an interesting point.

Venus is also Lady of the Geniture in this chart, having most accidental and essential dignity, another candidate is the Sun, but it disposits and aspects the detrimented Saturn, so the powers of the chart are feminine.

pisceskitty

Thank you for the responses guys! I really want it to be a surprise. I am 7 months now..[man, time flies!] and my due date is September 23rd! i am soo happy, and excited. I have a doctors appointment on the 19th of this months..I could find out th sex then...I'm really tempted!

Arian Maverick

Are you really seven months along already? :eek:

I think it would be fun to have the doctor write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and have a friend read through these replies and see which ones were correct. Although it would probably be too tempting to look at the piece of paper yourself, though...

I hope you continue to have a healthy and happy pregnancy :)

Arian Maverick

cossie

Time does fly!
Since I posted on this thread I too have conceived and I am now 14weeks pregnant and very happy.
Im really pleased everything is going well for you.It is a very exciting time.I wait in anticipation to find out wether you get a boy or girl.xx

Soul Friend

I learned long ago that one of the most accurate methods is used when you know the date of conception. Determining whether the Moon was either in a masculine or feminine sign. Then too this helps pinpoint the due date as it is exactly 10 lunar months from the date of conception. Our oldest 2 children proved this method as far as determining sex but as one might imagine not everyone keeps such careful records to know unless as in our case they are trying very much to have children. I hope this helps whoever is interested or knows conception dates. Too, for anyone who knows or suspects conception dates it would be interesting to have folks look back and check the moon sign of that time and then get back to us.

Arian Maverick

How wonderful, Pisceskitty! Congratulations again! :)

I learned long ago that one of the most accurate methods is used when you know the date of conception. Determining whether the Moon was either in a masculine or feminine sign. Then too this helps pinpoint the due date as it is exactly 10 lunar months from the date of conception. Our oldest 2 children proved this method as far as determining sex but as one might imagine not everyone keeps such careful records to know unless as in our case they are trying very much to have children. I hope this helps whoever is interested or knows conception dates. Too, for anyone who knows or suspects conception dates it would be interesting to have folks look back and check the moon sign of that time and then get back to us.

I wonder if SoulFriend's information corresponds with the conception chart of your child, if you happen to know the approximate time and date of conception...

Arian Maverick