Let's go fly a kite!

Osamenor

Staff member
Discuss kites.

If you have one in your birth chart, how do you see it working in your life?

If someone in your life has a kite, how do you see it in them?

If you're a practicing astrologer and you've seen enough client charts with kites to have a sense of how kites work in general, what kinds of issues and themes do you tend to see?

I do not have a kite in my chart (almost, but not quite--if my moon were later in Sagittarius, it would be) and neither, as far as I know, do any of the people I'm close to. But I've just been given a chart to interpret that has a kite (grand trine kite), and I believe it has everything to do with the issues the querent is describing... but I'm no kite expert. I'm looking for a quick crash course on kites so I can act like I know what I'm talking about. :tongue:

Anamikaa

Discuss kites.

If you're a practicing astrologer and you've seen enough client charts with kites to have a sense of how kites work in general, what kinds of issues and themes do you tend to see?

I do not have a kite in my chart (almost, but not quite--if my moon were later in Sagittarius, it would be) and neither, as far as I know, do any of the people I'm close to. But I've just been given a chart to interpret that has a kite (grand trine kite), and I believe it has everything to do with the issues the querent is describing... but I'm no kite expert. I'm looking for a quick crash course on kites so I can act like I know what I'm talking about. :tongue:

I have a kite, maybe two, with a Grand Trine of Water signs. I am not sure about it as I can't do much birthchart reading. One of my friend who is beginner at astrology said kite aspect is inauspicious, though that girl wasn't a friend but kinda enemy, so i don't know if she is to believed. But overall in my life I don't get things easily, I have to work hard for it. Maybe it's because of the kute aspect.

https://astro-charts.com/chart/3a34bd9ca/

https://imageshack.com/i/pn5WjhFCj

https://imageshack.com/i/poxE2GRej

Frisiangal

If you are still looking in, Osamenor.

It has been my experience that the opposition in the kite figure has to be managed to work together rather than 'opposed' (Annamikaa expressed it well as 'work hard'). This can provide the strength (keep it flying) that then enables the planets on the small triangle to work effectively with, and possibly enhance upon what is already inherent in the individual through the grand trine.

A working example would be my son's chart.
It comprises a kite figure, with Neptune-MC Sag. on the apex opp. Saturn in 3rd …. the classic 'failure (or father-son?) complex', that inhibited the grand trine doing what was inherent. It was easier 'to follow' (Neptune).
He had to hit literal rock bottom, lose everything, to find the faith in himself (Neptune), pick himself up, and change course 'to follow his dream' of working within the helping profession…..close Mercury-Neptune-Pluto small triangle. Not just a job but a vocational calling (Neptune) he loves. Now a fully qualified instructor (Saturn) giving practical teaching (Saturn end Taurus) of First Aid (Neptune) for and within business concerns (Neptune-MC).

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
    Naamloos.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 39

Frisiangal

Hi again,
Did the above post offer any insights into understanding how/if/what kite figures can mean, Osamenor?
Do you have permission to post your clients's chart anonymously to consider its potential meaning?

If not to either question, I'll delete my post as unuseable.

:unsure:

katydid

I used to run into Kite configurations quite often. Maybe because my husband has one too?

I see KITES as describing one who has strong urges to 'rise above' the turmoil , chaos of the spinning wheel created by the grand trine. Thus an Air Grand Trine can create an active mind, on overdrive, which doesn't shut off easily. It can create anxiety, nervous energy, indecisiveness.

An opposition built into an Air Grand Trine can give someone the opportunity to rise above, fly away, get some distance or perspective, in order to sort things out and use that energy productively, creatively, successfully.

My husband has a powerful Water Grand Trine, in that all 3 points are Exalted.

His Moon in Cancer/Mars in Scorpio/Venus in Pisces form a tight Grand Trine. He is very passionate and emotional.

He has Chiron conjunct the MC opposed to Moon/Uranus conjunction in Cancer.

I see him pouring his emotions and his soul into his work and career. He has been a successful writer, mostly self employed and working in many mediums. TV, animated shows, songs, novels, best selling books, independent films.

His career has been a roller coaster and quite an adventure.

I think he used the MC, his career, as a way to rise above the intense flood of emotions that he always felt---he fuelled his stories and lyrics and cartoons with those emotions. :ninja:

And that was important because Water Grand Trines can be bogged down and paralysed by overwhelming feelings. His work, and the demand for compelling characters and situations and dialogue made it possible to burn through those emotions and it was a great thing for him.

[Sun/Mercury/Jupiter conjunction in Aries in the 12th helped too.]

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi again,
Did the above post offer any insights into understanding how/if/what kite figures can mean, Osamenor?
Do you have permission to post your clients's chart anonymously to consider its potential meaning?

If not to either question, I'll delete my post as unuseable.

:unsure:

It's a great post! And even if I hadn't said that, you shouldn't delete it. This thread isn't just for me. Anyone who wonders the same thing about kites could benefit from what you posted, even if they don't post about it. (I don't have much online time right now, so I may not respond right away even if I'm reading posts.)

For privacy reasons, I don't post charts people submit to me in this forum under any circumstances. For letter writers in my Ask the Astrology feature, I post their chart on my site when I publish their letter, but that's the only place I have permission to post it, so I do not post it anywhere else. With clients, I don't share their charts, period.

I can describe the chart a bit, though: the grand trine is in air, and the planet on the nose is Neptune. So this encompasses some of what you and katydid posted. There's a very Neptunian signature on everything this person told me.

Osamenor

Staff member
If you are still looking in, Osamenor.

It has been my experience that the opposition in the kite figure has to be managed to work together rather than 'opposed' (Annamikaa expressed it well as 'work hard'). This can provide the strength (keep it flying) that then enables the planets on the small triangle to work effectively with, and possibly enhance upon what is already inherent in the individual through the grand trine.

A working example would be my son's chart.
It comprises a kite figure, with Neptune-MC Sag. on the apex opp. Saturn in 3rd …. the classic 'failure (or father-son?) complex', that inhibited the grand trine doing what was inherent. It was easier 'to follow' (Neptune).
He had to hit literal rock bottom, lose everything, to find the faith in himself (Neptune), pick himself up, and change course 'to follow his dream' of working within the helping profession…..close Mercury-Neptune-Pluto small triangle. Not just a job but a vocational calling (Neptune) he loves. Now a fully qualified instructor (Saturn) giving practical teaching (Saturn end Taurus) of First Aid (Neptune) for and within business concerns (Neptune-MC).
Seems to me your son's need to find the faith in himself also relates to his Jupiter. It's the focal planet of a t-square. That's a prime example of a planet being highlighted and strongly challenged. Even without the kite, he has a t-square, so there's some hard angle prodding, not just the easy, lazy trine energy. Some motivation to act, and some potential to get seriously stuck.

Osamenor

Staff member
I have a kite, maybe two, with a Grand Trine of Water signs. I am not sure about it as I can't do much birthchart reading. One of my friend who is beginner at astrology said kite aspect is inauspicious, though that girl wasn't a friend but kinda enemy, so i don't know if she is to believed. But overall in my life I don't get things easily, I have to work hard for it. Maybe it's because of the kute aspect.

https://astro-charts.com/chart/3a34bd9ca/

https://imageshack.com/i/pn5WjhFCj

https://imageshack.com/i/poxE2GRej

I wonder if your need to work hard for things has more to do with your t-squares. You have two of them. You also have Jupiter, the "lucky" planet, involved in a t-square and placed in your sixth house. The sixth house is a work house. With Jupiter there, you might very well find that your efforts are easily rewarded when you work for something, but you have to work for it. Luck doesn't just come to you, you have to go out and find it. Since the sixth house is on the "other people" side of the chart (western hemisphere), chances are that your greatest opportunities come through others, or that working with others is what really helps you get somewhere, or both.

Osamenor

Staff member
I used to run into Kite configurations quite often. Maybe because my husband has one too?

I see KITES as describing one who has strong urges to 'rise above' the turmoil , chaos of the spinning wheel created by the grand trine. Thus an Air Grand Trine can create an active mind, on overdrive, which doesn't shut off easily. It can create anxiety, nervous energy, indecisiveness.

An opposition built into an Air Grand Trine can give someone the opportunity to rise above, fly away, get some distance or perspective, in order to sort things out and use that energy productively, creatively, successfully.

On the other hand, if the opposition comes from Neptune, you get a Neptunian perspective, which is, by definition, the antithesis of rational objectivity! I see this in my querent. I'm getting the sense that this is someone who's naturally very intuitive, but also has a strong need to rationally understand things (based on conversation, not just the chart), and those two ways of understanding bring some conflict.

Anamikaa

I wonder if your need to work hard for things has more to do with your t-squares. You have two of them. You also have Jupiter, the "lucky" planet, involved in a t-square and placed in your sixth house. The sixth house is a work house. With Jupiter there, you might very well find that your efforts are easily rewarded when you work for something, but you have to work for it. Luck doesn't just come to you, you have to go out and find it. Since the sixth house is on the "other people" side of the chart (western hemisphere), chances are that your greatest opportunities come through others, or that working with others is what really helps you get somewhere, or both.

I currently don't understand Kites and T-squares, I am currently learning about astrology. I appreciate your insight on the matter, you are right that I really have to work for things or my goals, things just don't happen to me on their own accords. My frenemy told me that my chart is all very disappointing and I will never succeed and all that, so the kite thing was also told by her. I know now to not to listen to her☺☺

Frisiangal

Seems to me your son's need to find the faith in himself also relates to his Jupiter. It's the focal planet of a t-square. That's a prime example of a planet being highlighted and strongly challenged. Even without the kite, he has a t-square, so there's some hard angle prodding, not just the easy, lazy trine energy. Some motivation to act, and some potential to get seriously stuck.

I know I'm being nit-picky and it's a question of personal mind-set, yet I don't associate Jupiter with faith in one's self, even as trad. ruler Pisces (Moon influenced?) where it's placed in 'that above one's self'. It's more the trust and belief in what is possible as potential through knowledge gained as ruler Sagittarius (Sun influenced ?). I've based this idea upon Capricorn following Sagittarius; the visionary quality of what can become a physical reality (achievement). With Aries following Pisces, the visions are still of the intangible quality that reside 'in the head'.

Harsh aspects can all find a common factor with each other through the strength of conflict within the aspect concerned.
In son's chart, there is also an exact degree Jupiter inconjunct/quincunx Saturn, which links Jupiter to, and can influence the effect of the kite.

The grand trine with 'out of sign' Mercury to Moon-Saturn in Earth is not actually part of the kite; Moon's orb to Neptune is too wide. It's definitely that 'pulling one's self up by the bootstraps ' of Pluto's influence that did the trick and saw the transformation in his life.

To be honest, it wasn't really a transformation. He just became the son and brother again that we had lost for 10 years through his marriage into a wealthy family.
It took the trauma of deception and divorce that gave him (back) his freedom (1st-7th-11th houses T-square?) to get the kite into the air and truly flying.

:smile:

Frisiangal

For privacy reasons, I don't post charts people submit to me ……………..

I can describe the chart a bit, though: the grand trine is in air, and the planet on the nose is Neptune. So this encompasses some of what you and katydid posted. There's a very Neptunian signature on everything this person told me.

A grand trine will usually see the opposition force coming from the opposing element; Air is opposed by fire.

This doesn't happen in son's chart, where the 'out of sign' opposition to Neptune comes from an Earth ruling planet, itself in the Earth element. The necessity (outer planet significance ?) of the 'Neptunian signature' therefore found its outlet through physical manifestation, and not the expressive (self?) glorification and adoration through the still intangible spirit of Fire.
Son had never queried or looked for meaning to life. He was not raised within the confines of religious teaching or dogma (Saturn-Neptune?). Easter meant chocolate eggs and Xmas for presents.:happy:

One trait that did surface in his lowest period (and sec. progr. Sun through Pisces!) was an, albeit temporary, unexpressed talent for poetry that replaced football, and modern graffiti. He poured his deepest emotional feelings into verse (small triangle?) for those close to him, that surprised and moved the recipients of them. They were an expression of his appreciation for what he had found (Neptune) and come to value in life, that could not be measured by the material side of it (Taurus).

Since meeting his Pisces Sun partner, he's beginning to question 'beyond the physical'.

Not to say that he is still a team football fanatic, and needs to watch the effects of beer intake. :biggrin:

Kite

Discuss kites.

Well Kites are hard to generalize. As you can tell by my handle, I identified with my Kite pattern when I joined this forum. However, I've come to question it because my opposition contains an out of sign planet. I don't think this disqualifies my particular opposition because the two planets are also closely parallel (Jupiter/Mars). I do think though that the combination of my Jupiter being in the anaretic degree (30 Virgo) and in detriment has caused me to be very over-analytical in my life and wanting to see both sides of every situation (trying to make the leap into Libra). I also have a Yod configured into the Kite with Neptune and Pluto focalizing into the same Mars/Moon Aries conjunction. Throw the t-square in to Mercury and you'll see why I'm tied to a string. Mercury does act as a steering mechanism but with its position in the 12th house, has forced me to make conscious as much of my unconscious as possible so freewill can be potentially exercised.

Right now I have Chiron transiting the Mars/Moon focal which has effected the whole configuration. The only two planets not involved in the Kite/Yod are my Sun and Venus. They are weakly aspected so sometimes are felt as bystanders. They do have to work harder to be seen and involved.

Osamenor

Staff member
My frenemy told me that my chart is all very disappointing and I will never succeed and all that, so the kite thing was also told by her. I know now to not to listen to her☺☺

Smart.

Did she bother telling you what was disappointing about your chart? There could be a lot of astrological misconceptions to unpack here!

(I'm on the lookout for astrological misconceptions, because that's one thing I want to address in my blog.)

Osamenor

Staff member
I know I'm being nit-picky and it's a question of personal mind-set, yet I don't associate Jupiter with faith in one's self, even as trad. ruler Pisces (Moon influenced?) where it's placed in 'that above one's self'.
Do you associate Neptune with faith in oneself? I took it to mean you do when you put Neptune in parentheses in that segment about your son finding faith in himself.

To my mind, Neptune is even less associated with belief in self than Jupiter. Jupiter is about belief in the tangible, or in what easily could be tangible. For example, believing that you can be a successful entrepreneur (it takes a good dose of Jupiter to be one, in my opinion, but Jupiter can also bring over confidence--making for the kind of entrepreneur who over promises, doesn't have a realistic sense of funding, and soon goes out of business.) Or believing that you'll win the lottery as you buy a weekly ticket (odds are that you won't, but people do win it, so it's not impossible). Or simply letting go and trusting in the universe when you step into the unknown.

Neptune is about the farther out, even more intangible dreams. The stuff of fantasy. Inspired art (the lie that tells the truth, as Picasso called it). Or outright delusions. I see it as much more about the collective unconscious, much less about the individual. Self belief requires a sense of individuality. Neptune would just as soon dissolve individuality.

To be honest, it wasn't really a transformation. He just became the son and brother again that we had lost for 10 years through his marriage into a wealthy family.
It took the trauma of deception and divorce that gave him (back) his freedom (1st-7th-11th houses T-square?) to get the kite into the air and truly flying.

:smile:

Now that sounds very Neptunian! The marriage into a wealthy family, too (sounds like Neptune/Jupiter). I'm getting a sense of something rather like a Hans Christian Andersen story, where the character has big ambitions and winds up falling very low (The Wind's Tale, and I think there was one about someone who made a promising marriage and ended up in ruin... and the original Little Mermaid is along those lines, too, if you think about it). And then the Neptune dissolution.

Osamenor

Staff member
Well Kites are hard to generalize. As you can tell by my handle, I identified with my Kite pattern when I joined this forum. However, I've come to question it because my opposition contains an out of sign planet. I don't think this disqualifies my particular opposition because the two planets are also closely parallel (Jupiter/Mars). I do think though that the combination of my Jupiter being in the anaretic degree (30 Virgo) and in detriment has caused me to be very over-analytical in my life and wanting to see both sides of every situation (trying to make the leap into Libra). I also have a Yod configured into the Kite with Neptune and Pluto focalizing into the same Mars/Moon Aries conjunction. Throw the t-square in to Mercury and you'll see why I'm tied to a string. Mercury does act as a steering mechanism but with its position in the 12th house, has forced me to make conscious as much of my unconscious as possible so freewill can be potentially exercised.

Right now I have Chiron transiting the Mars/Moon focal which has effected the whole configuration. The only two planets not involved in the Kite/Yod are my Sun and Venus. They are weakly aspected so sometimes are felt as bystanders. They do have to work harder to be seen and involved.
Looks to me like you have both a grand trine kite and a boomerang kite! That's very rare. And would make it much more complex than just one or the other. Along with everything else you mentioned.

Kite

Looks to me like you have both a grand trine kite and a boomerang kite! That's very rare. And would make it much more complex than just one or the other. Along with everything else you mentioned.

Yes - The Magi's call it an Invincible Spearhead, but again, I'm a little skeptical with the out of sign aspect involved.

Anamikaa

Smart.

Did she bother telling you what was disappointing about your chart? There could be a lot of astrological misconceptions to unpack here!

(I'm on the lookout for astrological misconceptions, because that's one thing I want to address in my blog.)

Yeah, she mentioned that I have a Grand Trine which makes me lazy, i have two kite aspect which makes my life difficult, my saturn is in opposition to pluto and venus opposition to Jupiter, so I will never have luck or something like that. I believed her for some time but thought of rather not believing in astrology since my chart is that bad and rather work hard without bothering about it.

Osamenor

Staff member
Yeah, she mentioned that I have a Grand Trine which makes me lazy, i have two kite aspect which makes my life difficult, my saturn is in opposition to pluto and venus opposition to Jupiter, so I will never have luck or something like that.
Did she say how kite aspects make your life difficult?

It sounds like she considers every aspect negative.

The more usual way for people to blanketly call aspects good or bad is to say trines are good, grand trines best, squares and oppositions bad. Or, if they take the "trines make you lazy" tack, then they say that if you have a grand trine, you need a square or opposition to keep you from getting too lazy. Which you automatically get with a kite.

I believed her for some time but thought of rather not believing in astrology since my chart is that bad and rather work hard without bothering about it.

And yet here you are, in an astrology forum. Doesn't look to me like you decided not to believe in astrology! Or are you on the fence about it?

Frisiangal

Do you associate Neptune with faith in oneself? I took it to mean you do when you put Neptune in parentheses in that segment about your son finding faith in himself.

Yes, I do, once Sun has become a stronger influence over an individual than Moon’s imagination and needs for that outside of themselves. Moon will follow; it doesn't lead.

To my mind, Neptune is even less associated with belief in self than Jupiter. Jupiter is about belief in the tangible, or in what easily could be tangible. For example, believing that you can be a successful entrepreneur (it takes a good dose of Jupiter to be one, in my opinion, but Jupiter can also bring over confidence--making for the kind of entrepreneur who over promises, doesn't have a realistic sense of funding, and soon goes out of business.) Or believing that you'll win the lottery as you buy a weekly ticket (odds are that you won't, but people do win it, so it's not impossible). Or simply letting go and trusting in the universe when you step into the unknown.

I did not write that Neptune is associated with ‘belief’, which I also explained to be the trust and self confidence that Jupiter provides to make an idea tangible (through Capricorn – Saturn influence).

Neptune is about the farther out, even more intangible dreams. The stuff of fantasy. Inspired art (the lie that tells the truth, as Picasso called it). Or outright delusions. I see it as much more about the collective unconscious, much less about the individual. Self belief requires a sense of individuality. Neptune would just as soon dissolve individuality.

I think there are many who would say that Neptune CAN work on a personal level, when linked to personal planets. Aspects to its position can be the key in how it works in a chart.
Neptune is a physical planet, so can be tangible in physical outlets IF a person sees its truth it reveals. Inspiration through ‘creative fantasy ‘is not necessariy negative of nature, as any magician, writer, artiste ….. and the audience/reader…. will tell you. They are totally aware of the illusion created.

Vocation can also replace and dissolve individuality.

My own intangible Neptune is aspected by Mercury, Saturn and 'collective unconscious' Uranus. Yet once Sun got interested, its tendency appears to work through learning and my absolute faith in the medical side of astrology. I can't prove a thing, personally, yet the symbolism proves it works.:smile:

Using my son’s profession as a tangible Neptune example.
His ‘practical teaching’ comes in when pseudo blood is used, or ‘the victim’ lies in an awkward position that would indicate an injury, and someone in the class has to tell and/or show what action (s)he would take before the medics arrive. The blood isn’t real, the leg isn’t broken, the heart is still beating, yet the illusion created serves its purpose. Saturn-Neptune at its best.
Watching videos of what should be done is not the same; a class becomes boring and iphones are more interesting to look at. Active participation has proven to work. Saturn-Neptune at its best. :smile:

Now that sounds very Neptunian! The marriage into a wealthy family, too (sounds like Neptune/Jupiter).

Notice its the Moon-Venus-Jupiter T-square across 1-7-11th houses?
Neptune doesn't come into it, unless it was the lights of the laser show disco he organised with some friends, where he met his ex-wife … A Sun in Libra.

I'm getting a sense of something rather like a Hans Christian Andersen story, where the character has big ambitions and winds up falling very low (The Wind's Tale, and I think there was one about someone who made a promising marriage and ended up in ruin... and the original Little Mermaid is along those lines, too, if you think about it). And then the Neptune dissolution.

His 'love at first sight' did begin as a fairy story. Love transferred from study to individual; failed finals (under sec.pr. Sun square Neptune). He followed her lead (business) until her deception (Venus in Pisces?), divorce, and penniless made him take back his life.
The fairy story take does appear to have a happy ending, if today is anything to go by.:smile:

Son's life has become an open book.