Aries symbolism - lost in modernity?

david starling

Yes, whatever you said, David. For us, let's enjoy this Saturn-ruled New Age. It still long time though for us (humanity) to enjoying it, before the Age of Destruction (12H circle of humanity) comes, as Jewish, Islamic, Christian teaching believes system where "The Messiah" saving all of us.

GBU
R

What sort of astrology are you talking about? I mean, tropical or sidereal?

david starling

I have Saturn as Age Lord of the tropical Age of Capricorn now nearing its end, with some Aquarian qualities blending in at the cusp, but still an Age of Capricorn.
The tropical Ages appear in the tropical Zodiac, whereas the sidereal Ages do not, for astronomical reasons. Are you talking about Ages with direct sequence (tropical), or retrograde (sidereal)?
Obviously, I don't relate to the current Age as "new" or Aquarian. But, I am interested in your vision of the present and future. I just need to relate it to what's in the tropical Chart.

SunConjunctUranus

I have Saturn as Age Lord of the tropical Age of Capricorn now nearing its end, with some Aquarian qualities blending in at the cusp, but still an Age of Capricorn.
The tropical Ages appear in the tropical Zodiac, whereas the sidereal Ages do not, for astronomical reasons. Are you talking about Ages with direct sequence (tropical), or retrograde (sidereal)?
Obviously, I don't relate to the current Age as "new" or Aquarian. But, I am interested in your vision of the present and future. I just need to relate it to what's in the tropical Chart.

So what are you using? Sidereal with pluto as a parameter of the "Ages"?

I'm using sidereal.

Well since the ancient astrology itself has correlations with the Abrahamic Theistic from my view point, I could see some pattern of fate in humanity like 12 pattern sign/house of ancient astrology. Like you said before this is just "only" the beginning of Aquarian Ages, so let's enjoying it, we're in the climax/prime years in Bona Fortuna Ages, progressive, discovery, etc. Then those discoveries could lead us to the Ages of Destruction. Nothing special, nothing new, nothing bizzare from my vision. It all come from the ancients text of Abrahamic Theistic. Ancient Astrology actually help me to understand and see the fate of humanity with the respect to the Abrahamic Theistic.

R

Last edited:

david starling

So what are you using? Sidereal with pluto as a parameter of the "Ages"?

I'm using sidereal.

Well since the ancient astrology itself has correlations with the Abrahamic Theistic from my view point, I could see some pattern of fate in humanity like 12 pattern sign/house of ancient astrology. Like you said before this is just "only" the beginning of Aquarian Ages, so let's enjoying it, we're in the climax/prime years in Bona Fortuna Ages, progressive, discovery, etc. Then those discoveries could lead us to the Ages of Destruction. Nothing special, nothing new, nothing bizzare from my vision. It all come from the ancients text of Abrahamic Theistic. Ancient Astrology actually help me to understand and see the fate of humanity with the respect to the Abrahamic Theistic.

R

Siderealy, I'm using the standard, Vernal Equinoctial Point method for determining the Ages. Tropically, I'm using something new, which was inspired by the sidereal Ages. The sidereal "Aquarian Age" concept was originally about predicting the time of the "Second Coming".
Tropically, the Aquarian Age hasn't begun yet. Most sideralists don't believe it's begun yet, either.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Siderealy, I'm using the standard, Vernal Equinoctial Point method for determining the Ages. Tropically, I'm using something new, which was inspired by the sidereal Ages. The sidereal "Aquarian Age" concept was originally about predicting the time of the "Second Coming".
Tropically, the Aquarian Age hasn't begun yet. Most sideralists don't believe it's begun yet, either.

You got it right.

I'm sure your theories of Aquarian Ages of the "second coming" should be containg some bias theories to those who are "showing off" community and aggressively "recruiting" new members to save them financially and existenly. It obvious from where you are live in.

Meanwhile, I'm here examines the theories of it with using from both Islamic and Christians view points. No traditional text there yet from Judaism but at least I mostly could understand their line of thinking (I should contact ms Waybread in this one). Not to mention our traditionals believe is basically Hinduism too, and you should already knew that ancient astrology and the Jyotish are only different in their calculations of hour marker which is Jyotish using Moon, Egyptian using Sun. So after considering all of that, I think the "second coming" could be the 12H related ages, the Ages of Destruction.

david starling

I've not heard about the Ages of Destruction. What Signs would your Age-indicator be in that would be considered Destructive Ages? Also, are you using the Vernal Equinoctial Point as the Age-marker?

david starling

Actually, the American version of the sidereal Ages was fostered by Carl Jung, beginning in the 1930s. He secularized them, and even predicted that the Aquarian Age would bring an end to organized religion as we know it, including the Abrahamic 3.

SunConjunctUranus

Actually, the American version of the sidereal Ages was fostered by Carl Jung, beginning in the 1930s. He secularized them, and even predicted that the Aquarian Age would bring an end to organized religion as we know it, including the Abrahamic 3.

That Ages would be Pisces

Oh this is clearly different concept than yours. Is it true about that predictions by Carl Jung? As far as I know it's not gonna happen. I dont know much of his stories but I could assume that he using his own method, not ancient astrology. It makes me remember great quote by Petosiris few days ago:

''One might say that they act like the Sirens, who attracted sailors with their treacherous, but harmonious, voices and with the music of instruments and of baneful song, then destroyed them on the reefs of the deep. This is what some men suffer and have suffered, men who fall in with the sects of those <other astrologers>: beguiled from the start by their spectacular words and their spells, they have become lost in a trackless wilderness, and finding no exit, they perish not only in the depths, but even in a maze''. -

SunConjunctUranus

David, how about that Chiron thing? Are there any object whos better options to consider than that?

And Saggitarius expressions is nowhere near prototypes of Chiron as serving and sacrificing for others. The way I sees it Saggitarius is Zeus himself. :biggrin:

david starling

That Ages would be Pisces

Oh this is clearly different concept than yours. Is it true about that predictions by Carl Jung? As far as I know it's not gonna happen. I dont know much of his stories but I could assume that he using his own method, not ancient astrology. It makes me remember great quote by Petosiris few days ago:

Pretty sure petosiris doesn't believe in astrological Ages of the sort we're both talking about. I still need to know if your vision of Ages is connected to Precession of the Equinoxes.

david starling

David, how about that Chiron thing? Are there any object whos better options to consider than that?

And Saggitarius expressions is nowhere near prototypes of Chiron as serving and sacrificing for others. The way I sees it Saggitarius is Zeus himself. :biggrin:

Are you arguing against the Ancient-Greek version, that Zeus placed Chiron in the Heavens as a symbol of the constellational Sign known as Sagittarius?
Btw, Signs and Planets are traditionally of a different order: "Planets Act" and Signs are about "Qualities" that modify those actions. So, a Planet can't be a Sign in that case. Also, Signs don't rule Planets--it's supposed to be the other way around. :biggrin:

SunConjunctUranus

Pretty sure petosiris doesn't believe in astrological Ages of the sort we're both talking about. I still need to know if your vision of Ages is connected to Precession of the Equinoxes.

Yes, of course because peto is hard nose hellenistic astrologers, but for me my reasoning is simply based on why astrology is exist, which is to know the fate of the King and his Kingdoms. Humanity is HIS Kingdom if we talking about my few point based on organised religons. No, I'm not sure if it connect to Precession of the Equinoxes, but again my pattern is come from the reason why astrology is exist which is to know the fate of the King and his Kingdoms.

Are you arguing against the Ancient-Greek version, that Zeus placed Chiron in the Heavens as a symbol of the constellational Sign known as Sagittarius?
Btw, Signs and Planets are traditionally of a different order: "Planets Act" and Signs are about "Qualities" that modify those actions. So, a Planet can't be a Sign in that case. Also, Signs don't rule Planets--it's supposed to be the other way around. :biggrin:

Because simply ancient astrology never consider the Chiron itself. You're the ones who want to create this theories so I'm asking do you considering much more better object? I know that planets is act and the sign is qualities but I'm talking about the nativity of the sign to the planets

Last edited:

david starling

Yes, of course because peto is hard nose hellenistic astrologers, but for me my reasoning is simply based on why astrology is exist, which is to know the fate of the King and his Kingdoms. Humanity is HIS Kingdom if we talking about my few point based on organised religons. No, I'm not sure if it connect to Precession of the Equinoxes, but again my pattern is come from the reason why astrology is exist which is to know the fate of the King and his Kingdoms.

Because simply ancient astrology never consider the Chiron itself. You're the ones who want to create this theories so I'm asking do you considering much more better object? I know that planets is act and the sign is qualities but I'm talking about the nativity of the sign to the planets

But, the object now called "Chiron" was invisible to the Ancients, as were Neptune and Pluto . So how could they have considered them? You make a good point though--should modern astrologers trust all the names bestowed on newly discovered celestial objects by astronomers with no astrological knowledge? I'm not really certain myself.

SunConjunctUranus

But, the object now called "Chiron" was invisible to the Ancients, as were Neptune and Pluto . So how could they have considered them? You make a good point though--should modern astrologers trust all the names bestowed on newly discovered celestial objects by astronomers with no astrological knowledge? I'm not really certain myself.

Okay, I want to ask you simple question: why do you want change from the ancients astrology? No, I'm not offended just looking for a reason.

I'm not an expert but I see evidence that traditionalist told us, it doesn't matter it is bad or good fate, that should be the theme of astrology, I think. Now it's evidence that modernist didn't put the bad side of the fate, they encourage the positive psychology on it so that's not pure astrology itself.

Why would we using outer planets/asteroid if we could predicted the future events with classical planets?

david starling

Okay, I want to ask you simple question: why do you want change from the ancients astrology? No, I'm not offended just looking for a reason.

I'm not an expert but I see evidence that traditionalist told us, it doesn't matter it is bad or good fate, that should be the theme of astrology, I think. Now it's evidence that modernist didn't put the bad side of the fate, they encourage the positive psychology on it so that's not pure astrology itself.

Why would we using outer planets/asteroid if we could predicted the future events with classical planets?

For me, Traditional leaves out Gaia, Apollo, Pluto, and Poseidon/Neptune. If the Greco-Roman religion needed them, so does Astrology.[IMO]

david starling

Um, SCU, I don't mind discussing this with you, including the fact that I see the predictive value of the 7/12 pattern in Horary. But....you're really not supposed to criticize the Modern use of the Outermost Planets on this particular board. It's sequestered, like the Traditional board, to avoid unresolvable conflict between Mods and Trads. :biggrin: That was a serious problem in the past.

SunConjunctUranus

For me, Traditional leaves out Gaia, Apollo, Pluto, and Poseidon/Neptune. If the Greco-Roman religion needed them, so does Astrology.[IMO]

Can you bring the evidance of predicted events with these elements that traditionals missed out?

I'm open to change if you bring the evidance which is could be contributive to your theories. :biggrin:
If you put the evidence that should be great, not to criticize, it could construct your theories.

But from what I read your 12/12 pattern is good actually if that instruments could predicted events. That should be your theories to be discussed, I'm supported to that.

Last edited:

david starling

I had always find a little weird that the most "fierce" of the Signs, rivalizing only with Scorpio is represented by... a Sheep.

When I heard, though, the description of Bharani nakshatra (which makes part of Aries) I found it quite comprehensible. Bharani means to bear, and the meaning is basically it: to bear, support, accumulate.

Now, for what a Sheep could be a symbol if not for this? The curious thing is that Aries chief star is called "Hamal", which, in arabic, means sheep. But also means "bearer" - we read on the thousand and one nights that on the streets of Baghdad, "bearer" (literally "Hamal") was a profession, a person that carries the products that a person has bought on the street stores.

The "fierce" element is also present(Sheratan star is the horn of the Sheep), though the Jyotish divides Aries on three nakshatras, Ashwini, Bharani and Kritikka, the fierce element is very present on Bharani, which is described as a nakshatra of "extremes".
Many descriptions of Bharani seems quite close to the Manilius description of Aries and it's intensity and tendence to extremes.

The difference is that I don't see in modern descriptions the characteristic of "accumulation", which might be too obvious for the ancient writers, by the mere symbol of the sheep, but that has been apparently weirdly lost.

Basically, reading modern sources accumulating seems to be related to Taurus, and Aries is fast, fierce, impulsive, etc; the metaphor of the Sheep is because Sheeps are, after all, energetic animals, but, with so many ferocious animals on earth, to buy this explanation is somewhat non sense.

Hey, it beats the Babylonian "Hired Man" image for the Sign now known as Aries! :biggrin: