My SRC

ALRESCHA

I am equally optimistic and pessimistic about this one :lol:

Would love to hear various opinions, especially about my career :happy:

Last edited:

waybread

Happy birthday, Alrescha!

Can you explain what specifically concerns you?

The big news these days for many people is the long-term Uranus-Pluto square, but I don't see it conjuncting or forming hard aspects to your natal planets. Your first chart shows a T-square involving transiting Mars, but the orb is awfully wide.

Saturn will conjunct your IC and oppose your MC. So this is a good time to do any needed "house-keeping," both at home and at work. Transiting Saturn runs a diagnostic on the planets and angles it touches, that basically tests our grounding in material reality, as well as our ability to develop or express old-fashioned virtues like hard work, patience, and deferred gratification.

The 4th rules your own home, early childhood conditioning, and parents. (Traditionally the father.) If they or other senior relatives are living, this would be a good time to spend more time with them. Your natal first house looks a little rough, and if you had a difficult childhood or a dysfunctional home, Saturn may ask you to terms with how you feel about this, so that you can put it on a more productive footing.

At work, do your best to be very realistic and grounded. Possibly this transit could signal job loss, but if your employment is realistically pretty secure, you may be asked to take on more responsibility. If you work with any senior supervisors or co-workers, this is a good time to see them as mentors, even the ones that may be teaching you what not to follow!

But with SR Saturn square natal moon involving SR Neptune conjunct moon, you may feel discouraged or pessimistic. This doesn't mean that there is anything objectively the matter, merely that you are apt to feel that way. So be sure to implement some morale-boosting activities into your daily life. With SR Jupiter in your first house, it's OK to pamper yourself a little.

Neptune deals with both beautiful illusion and bitter disillusionment. I'm pretty convinced that it rules films. If you have any interest in old (Saturn) movies or new ones, having a plan of film study (a class at your local college, perhaps, or just Netflix) might seem very meaningful to you now. The moon is the traditional ruler of the sea, and Neptune is the modern ruler. If you can spend more time by the ocean, you may find it very therapeutic, as well. These would be more empowering expressions of your Saturn-Neptune SR placements than feeling pessimistic!

Transiting Pluto is now sextiling your natal Pluto. This should be a good time to make any deep changes in your life, that have an old-into-new quality.

Alrescha, these seem to be the main things that jumped out at me. If you have further questions about particular planets, please let me know and I will take another look.

p. s. Alrescha, when I opened your charts, 2 of them had "girly" pictures below the charts as "promoted content". I don't know if you intended this, but you might be better off just saving the Astrodienst charts to your computer's "pictures" and then posting them here as your own thumbnails.

ALRESCHA

Thank you very much, Waybread!

I am deeply concerned about Uranus. I thought it could be controlled, unlike Saturn and Pluto, but, now I see that it is like a malicious brat that just shows you the tongue and shocks you just to laugh at you. I am worried about what it might do when it comes to my career.

And I am also wondering about Jupiter, I don't see it working at all. :unsure:
How do I activate it? :(
At work, do your best to be very realistic and grounded. Possibly this transit could signal job loss, but if your employment is realistically pretty secure, you may be asked to take on more responsibility. If you work with any senior supervisors or co-workers, this is a good time to see them as mentors, even the ones that may be teaching you what not to follow!

I didn't meet the standards at work and that's terribly frustrating. I even got the impression of not being competent to do it in a new environment after having about 5 years of experience in a regular one. They broke me, got the impression that I know absolutely nothing, it's humiliating. They are trying hard to build me, so I decided to take things slow, work a few hours a day only and take more time for my training and get another job, because I am not quitting.

So, I applied for another one and they gave me tests and I performed above satisfactory. Something my current employer would consider unlikely to happen, because I had to demonstrate the same skills. I still have to wait for the interviewer to let me know if I passed the second interview and then I'll have to get through another 2 or 3. But January Lunar return seems very scary.

Now I am thinking about about what is right and what I'll gain and what I could lose if I try to find structure (My current employer wants me to study the way they did because they believe it is the only way to learn, and I know IT IS NOT, but I need to do it so that I would be able to work properly) and forget about my talents that allowed me to come this far. The problem is, the minute I start learning the rules, I start making mistakes because I start thinking. I was born with this knowledge, I have no idea where it came from, and it vanishes when I try to do it the school way. I am not being ridiculous, it's true! No mind is what works perfectly. I am torn between the ability to know intuitively and the bloody structure. That is what Saturn is asking of me to do so that I don't lose my job. If that's what I should not to do, I am afraid I have no choice. I do see some positive sides to it, though. I'll do it, but, I'll lose what I have, the magic :crying:[/QUOTE]

Transiting Pluto is now sextiling your natal Pluto. This should be a good time to make any deep changes in your life, that have an old-into-new quality.

It seems to me like Pluto is the only planet that never did no harm to me.

p. s. Alrescha, when I opened your charts, 2 of them had "girly" pictures below the charts as "promoted content". I don't know if you intended this, but you might be better off just saving the Astrodienst charts to your computer's "pictures" and then posting them here as your own thumbnails.

There were? :andy: The stupid image host website posted those, that is outrageous! I didn't know I could upload them directly to the forum, I'll do so.

waybread

Alrescha, as astrologer Steven Forrest put it, no planet is in the solar system just to hurt us Usually if we experience the negative side of a planet, it is because we haven't fully "owned" the qualities which that planet symbolizes in our lives.

Uranus is fundamentally about rapid change. If you could control it, it wouldn't be Uranus. Its time perspective is the future. A disowned Uranus can seem like unwanted disruption, when the status quo looked fine. An embraced Uranus leads to liberation. Rather than fearing Uranus or trying to suppress it, look at where and how you might include more freedom in your home life (4th house) and workplace (MC). Then take active steps to implement these positive changes.

The universe notices when you voluntarily align yourself with it, and take steps, however small, in keeping with positive interpretations of your transits. If you simply fear transits and take no mitigating steps, then you will tend to create the circumstances you fear.

Possibly Saturn is asking you to learn from your supervisors. As you work your way up the career ladder, perhaps you will be better off for mastering both their way and your way of doing things.

If solar and lunar returns show up in your life primarily as something to fear, I would suggest you rethink astrology. It makes a good servant but a poor master. You are all of the planets in your horoscope. The more you can own each of them, the better you will find your transits working for you.

Jupiter can be the Santa Claus of the zodiac, but like anything else, it works best when you make a conscious effort to develop its faith and optimism within your life. With your natal Jupiter opposite your Scorpio sun and square your moon, you may not see faith and optimism (of the versatile and light-hearted Gemini variety) as in-character for you. With SR Jupiter in your first house sextiling your natal Mercury-sun conjunction, maybe your best project this year would be to develop more faith and optimism (Jupiter) about yourself (sun.)

I learned the hard way that happiness is a choice. It doesn't depend upon external circumstances giving us what we want, but on the inner capacity to find happiness in the real circumstances around us.

With all good wishes for the year ahead, W.

ALRESCHA

Alrescha, as astrologer Steven Forrest put it, no planet is in the solar system just to hurt us Usually if we experience the negative side of a planet, it is because we haven't fully "owned" the qualities which that planet symbolizes in our lives.

Thank you very much, Waybread. It's funny how I understand that well and can lift others, but can't fix myself. I have obviously stopped owning what came naturally so far, so, everything but Pluto, and that happened right after my Jupiter return. I have just realized how terribly pessimistic I got for no reason. I worry too much.

Uranus is fundamentally about rapid change. If you could control it, it wouldn't be Uranus. Its time perspective is the future. A disowned Uranus can seem like unwanted disruption, when the status quo looked fine. An embraced Uranus leads to liberation. Rather than fearing Uranus or trying to suppress it, look at where and how you might include more freedom in your home life (4th house) and workplace (MC). Then take active steps to implement these positive changes.

The universe notices when you voluntarily align yourself with it, and take steps, however small, in keeping with positive interpretations of your transits. If you simply fear transits and take no mitigating steps, then you will tend to create the circumstances you fear.

I saw Uranus on the MC this lunar return, so I took steps to seize the opportunity and change my job, but, the impossible things happened to make the process hard. So, I wonder why, I really did everything to make sure things would run smoothly and expected the unexpected :crying: Still waiting for the interviewer's response.

Possibly Saturn is asking you to learn from your supervisors. As you work your way up the career ladder, perhaps you will be better off for mastering both their way and your way of doing things.

I know that the time is coming when nobody will be allowed to do what I do unless they have the certificate my current supervisors are training me for. I will study.

If solar and lunar returns show up in your life primarily as something to fear, I would suggest you rethink astrology. It makes a good servant but a poor master. You are all of the planets in your horoscope. The more you can own each of them, the better you will find your transits working for you.

It's OK, I change moods several times a day, I am not afraid all the time, but I worry too much these days on top of always thinking about what's not functioning well that I need to perfect. I feel like those people that are afraid of the dentists :lol: Thank you, I'll go down to the rivers as often as possible and start watching movies again for start. I'll activate all the positive aspects I can think of <3

Jupiter can be the Santa Claus of the zodiac, but like anything else, it works best when you make a conscious effort to develop its faith and optimism within your life. With your natal Jupiter opposite your Scorpio sun and square your moon, you may not see faith and optimism (of the versatile and light-hearted Gemini variety) as in-character for you. With SR Jupiter in your first house sextiling your natal Mercury-sun conjunction, maybe your best project this year would be to develop more faith and optimism (Jupiter) about yourself (sun.)

I learned the hard way that happiness is a choice. It doesn't depend upon external circumstances giving us what we want, but on the inner capacity to find happiness in the real circumstances around us.

With all good wishes for the year ahead, W.

I can't blame the transit for not delivering more, I made 0 effort to activate and boost Jupiter. I got used to doom and shackles, so I am half expecting inexplicable situations to develop and stop me on my way all the time, no matter how hard I try, but, Saturn is gone, I should rethink how blessed I am to have a chart where Jupiter follows him and cleans up the mess and fixes the damage he made. I'll try to shine. Thank you very much.

Oddity

Alrescha, Jupiter is your out-of-sect benefic (not as strong), as well as being detrimented and retrograde in your natal chart, and it's also detrimented in Virgo. It's always going to try to bring good because that is the nature of Jupiter, but it's so afflicted that it may not succeed very often. It won't actively harm, but it's not where your boosts are going to come from, not without a lot of help.

It isn't all misery. You were born at night, making Venus your in-sect benefic, the one that's stronger for you - and it's in rulership, and the one that's likely to bring more good for you.

I've seldom seen a mere transit trip off big things (sometimes, but not often), but look to Venus more than Jupiter for good things. Just from a quick look at your chart, it seems that Venus things and types of activities will bring you more good and happiness than Jupiter ones will.

ALRESCHA

Alrescha, Jupiter is your out-of-sect benefic (not as strong), as well as being detrimented and retrograde in your natal chart, and it's also detrimented in Virgo. It's always going to try to bring good because that is the nature of Jupiter, but it's so afflicted that it may not succeed very often. It won't actively harm, but it's not where your boosts are going to come from, not without a lot of help.

It isn't all misery. You were born at night, making Venus your in-sect benefic, the one that's stronger for you - and it's in rulership, and the one that's likely to bring more good for you.

I've seldom seen a mere transit trip off big things (sometimes, but not often), but look to Venus more than Jupiter for good things. Just from a quick look at your chart, it seems that Venus things and types of activities will bring you more good and happiness than Jupiter ones will.

Thank you very much, Oddity. :) I have noticed how Venus grows stronger the older I get. :) But, even though Jupiter seems weak when you look at the chart, I have a special bond with it, I did everything to develop it since the day one and dare I say, it is very strong, as strong as the Moon, it just fell asleep after the return because I've allowed it to. I come from a long line of teachers too, some 30-40 generations :D I wasn't working on my other planets either since the return, and it's particularly bad that I am no longer synced with Uranus. All roads lead to Saturn, I have to listen to him. And the lack of trines shows plenty of room for improvement and development. I have so much work to do.

Last edited:

Oddity

And you don't think that maybe, just POSSIBLY, with a Virgo ascendant that's got Mercury, its ruler, sextiling it from the third house, and Gemini, also ruled by Mercury on your MC would have anything to do with teaching?

It certainly seems like it would to me, but what do I know? :p

Not meaning to make light of your troubles, but if it's what you want to do it certainly seems possible. I knew a lady with a similar configuration (though her Jupiter was off in 12) who ended up teaching developmentally disabled adults (that could be the detrimented Jupiter) and was very happy with her career.

That's not the only way it can play out, but Jupiter is not the only planet that's involved in teaching, and if it's what you want to do, it certainly seems quite possible from your chart.

ALRESCHA

And you don't think that maybe, just POSSIBLY, with a Virgo ascendant that's got Mercury, its ruler, sextiling it from the third house, and Gemini, also ruled by Mercury on your MC would have anything to do with teaching?

It certainly seems like it would to me, but what do I know? :p

Not meaning to make light of your troubles, but if it's what you want to do it certainly seems possible. I knew a lady with a similar configuration (though her Jupiter was off in 12) who ended up teaching developmentally disabled adults (that could be the detrimented Jupiter) and was very happy with her career.

That's not the only way it can play out, but Jupiter is not the only planet that's involved in teaching, and if it's what you want to do, it certainly seems quite possible from your chart.

I'm sick of teaching, been doing that forever :D

It's not only teaching, I am all things-Jupiter. I am also a very lucky person. :lol: My childhood hasn't been that bad either and I am not a big fat bully either :D The chart is a map and we decide what happens. :)

The upcoming reforms in the education system are making people disposable and software can do 90% of my current work at this point already. What I ought to do is act like a robot, no more, no less. The other, final 10% of knowledge is obtained without the help of teachers anyway. I want to switch to HR management. The only reason they haven't opted for software yet is that we're exotic and appealing to the customers who on top of that grew up in an era where they couldn't have gotten used to the use of computers for education, but the coming generations will realize how slow and inefficient humans are, for they have emotions and need to eat and sleep and can't grab their attention as easily... until they come up with a way to load knowledge into the brain like they do in the Matrix movies, because nobody has time to grow up and study, time is money... Saturn is evil, I tell you :D They already got the reading cap ready, so the writing cap is just around the corner. :lol: The end is near ahahahaaha The way people want to learn today differs greatly, and as nobody ever taught me anything that way, I don't think I would enjoy teaching that way for long. But I want to be ready.

Last edited:

Oddity

Saturn's in pretty good shape in your chart - it's not retrograde. It seems strange, but with Saturn, if it's retrograde it goes easier peregrine, you do not want it retrograde and in its dignities. A few folks have written about that, I've seen it play out in charts (sadly, including my own).

So if you're working with Saturn, yes, you can work with OLD stuff - maybe teaching methods. Mercury does well in Capricorn, it's got the same cold and dry make up, and it does well with Saturn.

It'll help with your astrology studies, if you decide to focus some on that. The two planets together tend to make for some fairly profound thinking.

Who knows, you might have success in finding a way not to throw humans into the bin in this whole teaching other humans endeavour :D

ALRESCHA

Saturn's in pretty good shape in your chart - it's not retrograde. It seems strange, but with Saturn, if it's retrograde it goes easier peregrine, you do not want it retrograde and in its dignities. A few folks have written about that, I've seen it play out in charts (sadly, including my own).

So if you're working with Saturn, yes, you can work with OLD stuff - maybe teaching methods. Mercury does well in Capricorn, it's got the same cold and dry make up, and it does well with Saturn.

It'll help with your astrology studies, if you decide to focus some on that. The two planets together tend to make for some fairly profound thinking.

Who knows, you might have success in finding a way not to throw humans into the bin in this whole teaching other humans endeavour :D

:lol: Thank you, much appreciated! I am thinking about what we could do with people. So many will lose their jobs during this lifetime of mine, as robots are much cheaper and deliver the goods faster and more efficiently. :lol: I see that this is the year of Astrology for me, I cannot get enough of Astrology! :alien: :lol:

waybread

Alrescha, if it's any consolation, my Jupiter in Capricorn is in its fall in the 4th house (Placidus), and picks up none of the traditional essential dignities so far as I can determine.

However, I really like things related to Jupiter in Capricorn in the 4th house: researching my family history, living with antiques and used books. I have a hobby of learning traditional recipes and cooking methods. We're not doing this now, but in the past my husband and I also restored (or partly restored) old houses on the National Register of Historical Places. In whole signs, with Sagittarius on the IC, I still get Jupiter ruling the 4th, which loops back to its fall in Capricorn.

Jupiter hasn't shown up as the great good luck factor in my life, but it has been a source of satisfaction.

I would suggest, similarly, that Jupiter could be a good planet to develop. 9th house overseas travel, higher education, religions, or developing a life philosophy could easily match up with Gemini's love of information gathering. If you develop one or more of these potentials, hopefully your pessimism will start to dissipate.

Natal Jupiter gets a strong boost from a sextile with your domiciled Mars.

In fact you have 4 domiciled planets in your chart: Venus, Mars, Pluto, and Saturn. This gives you a lot of strength! (And I don't have any....sigh. :sad: )

ALRESCHA

Alrescha, if it's any consolation, my Jupiter in Capricorn is in its fall in the 4th house (Placidus), and picks up none of the traditional essential dignities so far as I can determine.

However, I really like things related to Jupiter in Capricorn in the 4th house: researching my family history, living with antiques and used books. I have a hobby of learning traditional recipes and cooking methods. We're not doing this now, but in the past my husband and I also restored (or partly restored) old houses on the National Register of Historical Places. In whole signs, with Sagittarius on the IC, I still get Jupiter ruling the 4th, which loops back to its fall in Capricorn.

Jupiter hasn't shown up as the great good luck factor in my life, but it has been a source of satisfaction.

I would suggest, similarly, that Jupiter could be a good planet to develop. 9th house overseas travel, higher education, religions, or developing a life philosophy could easily match up with Gemini's love of information gathering. If you develop one or more of these potentials, hopefully your pessimism will start to dissipate.

Natal Jupiter gets a strong boost from a sextile with your domiciled Mars.

In fact you have 4 domiciled planets in your chart: Venus, Mars, Pluto, and Saturn. This gives you a lot of strength! (And I don't have any....sigh. :sad: )

:sad: I am sorry about your Jupiter condition. :sad: The good side is: it's Jupiter, it's gotta be good! I'm glad that you have found it to be a source of satisfaction, I love how you've put it, that's how I see mine too. And that is quite an interesting hobby you had, you made great contribution to your society and culture :love: You might enjoy trying out medieval cuisine,

We're given the exact amount we're deprived of, so, it's all well.

I have long fully developed all those qualities of my Jupiter and I see how lucky I am to have it in Gemini in the 9th. :eek: Having the opportunity to learn Philology is the only thing I wouldn't be able to live without, it is as important as God to me. I should get back to it.

Language is one of the things Saturn will NEVER grasp, learning those doesn't work the way he thinks it does and it NEVER will, NEVER, but, it is coming for the people with it's improved methods to enforce. The mind is isn't compatible with its cram-the-information methods because it is not a machine and it won't be before they introduce cyborgs! Just because Saturnians learn that way, that doesn't mean their methods are superior and that they should be enforced upon us all. They shouldn't have allowed Saturn to meddle with the languages and education in general, but it's to late, God have mercy on us all. :unsure:

But I must find a way to adapt to that and be a good teacher.

I think Jupiter brings luck to me, because the people with strong Gemini energy bring all those things for me, they bring great benefits into my life because Jupiter attracts them. :) The fact that it teams up with Mars not only makes me an optimist, it also makes me succeed at my projects :rightful:

Oddity

Language is one of the things Saturn will NEVER grasp, learning those doesn't work the way he thinks it does and it NEVER will, NEVER, but, it is coming for the people with it's improved methods to enforce. The mind is isn't compatible with its cram-the-information methods because it is not a machine and it won't be before they introduce cyborgs! Just because Saturnians learn that way, that doesn't mean their methods are superior and that they should be enforced upon us all. They shouldn't have allowed Saturn to meddle with the languages and education in general, but it's to late, God have mercy on us all. :unsure:

I guess I need to forget everything I know about language then.

You may be misunderstanding Saturn here. It is melancholic, but it is also the planet most aligned with profound thought and profound thinkers. Not the folks who want to robotise the world for the sake of efficiency.

Alchemists used to study astrology, alchemy, and magic for the realisation of God. One of the reasons for the study of astrology was to see if it would be a waste of your time, if you'd never get there. Saturn was generally the arbiter, because that's what you needed. It doesn't 'cram information'. But it does take some patience, because sometimes you'll realise that everything you know - you don't. And much as I do see Saturn as a malefic, I will give it that. If it's in decent shape and placement, it's going to help your thinking processes, even if it does play a very long game.

Yes, there's misery along the way, and Saturn (depending on how it's aspected) will get you there more slowly, but it will get you there. Saturn demarcates the material world. So does language, in a lot of ways.

You don't have a bad Saturn, Alrescha, but it's probably caused deep hurt where it touches your natal chart - because that is it's nature, too. But in your case, and with Saturn and Mercury sharing rooms for you this year - learn to come to terms with it, including the good side of it, the side that can let you become a practical philosopher. That kind of learning will last you a lifetime.

ALRESCHA

I guess I need to forget everything I know about language then.

I too could say that upon facing Saturn there! :lol:

You may be misunderstanding Saturn here. It is melancholic, but it is also the planet most aligned with profound thought and profound thinkers. Not the folks who want to robotise the world for the sake of efficiency.

Not until you combine it with Uranus. (not trolling) You should see them repeating sentence patterns like formulas... sometimes even focusing on the lexicon while completely neglecting semantics. The best way is to have the Mercury approach. But it can't be applied at all times and in all cases. It only bothers me that there is no time for traditional learning anymore, not even for school students. It's all about delivering the product right away, and that is what Saturn demands in our age.

I understand why you understand Saturn is important when it comes to learning a language, but, it is nowhere near essential. I have never, not once used a grammar book to study. Mercury can analyse just fine. I never had to use books to study lexicon or semantics. It is only after I started doing that that I experienced difficulties. For example, I now never answer what I think is correct, because I now have the impression that everything I know is wrong because I lack structure. I count the Mercury-Neptune septile among other things that allowed me to study languages easily. Like I said, no mind is the way for me to have perfect attunement.

I don't have a problem with people having such an approach to language and I understand I will prosper greatly if I follow their way, but, it's the square it's making to Neptune now, I am having a hard time working both sides. I don't know why I've fallen out with my natal Saturn. :sad:

Alchemists used to study astrology, alchemy, and magic for the realisation of God. One of the reasons for the study of astrology was to see if it would be a waste of your time, if you'd never get there. Saturn was generally the arbiter, because that's what you needed. It doesn't 'cram information'. But it does take some patience, because sometimes you'll realise that everything you know - you don't. And much as I do see Saturn as a malefic, I will give it that. If it's in decent shape and placement, it's going to help your thinking processes, even if it does play a very long game.

Yes, there's misery along the way, and Saturn (depending on how it's aspected) will get you there more slowly, but it will get you there. Saturn demarcates the material world. So does language, in a lot of ways.

You don't have a bad Saturn, Alrescha, but it's probably caused deep hurt where it touches your natal chart - because that is it's nature, too. But in your case, and with Saturn and Mercury sharing rooms for you this year - learn to come to terms with it, including the good side of it, the side that can let you become a practical philosopher. That kind of learning will last you a lifetime.

I watch them cram information all the time. They even had me do that for 8 years. I know that way would finally produce results, but, different people learn differently and Saturn doesn't tolerate that. Nevermind, we can all adapt to him. I'll learn their way even if it costs me the magic.

Oddity

It won't. Long, long time ago in some language class or another, me and another bloke were the best students. Like breaking the grading curve so everybody hated us.

So...the teacher pointed us out (don't you just love that? yes, sarcasm, in case anyone misunderstands) and said 'you both must study very hard'. In truth, neither of us ever opened a book beyond having to copy out the obligatory homework.

So I gotta disagree with you. I think if you have a Saturn-Mercury affliction the going can get tough, but Saturn in learning, not with a horrible affliction - is pretty profound. Slower than Mercury, but still, it's more of a plus than a minus.

It's not gonna cost you the magic.

ALRESCHA

IKR! :lol: Don't come near me with your books! (Just kidding) :D I think my knowledge up! :lol: :alien:

I have realized that I need to study the neuroanatomy of memory and bilingual memory so that I could understand what exactly went wrong. I can't fix the problem before I learn what it is. The brain must be examined bit by bit.

Meanwhile, I'll learn what I need to learn with them. I can't wait to complete the process.

And thank you for sharing that. I just realized how much I love a teacher of mine who told me not to study for my Uni entrance exam if I win a competition that preceded it. I did win. :D

Last edited: