OPHIUCHUS or the SERPENT HOLDER-WHAT ARE ITS PERSONALITY TRAITS

ASTROGURL

I just cannot find out any information on this star sign and its really annoying especially as it's my sign! ....
anyway....i;m calm now.! but can anybody PLEASE tell me about this sign....like the personality traits etc.........thanks

Claire19

Where did you get the idea that it is your sign? It is not a valid thing in astrology. We have 12 signs only for 12 months. Dont take any notice of that mumbo jumbo!!!!!. If you wish to post your chart we can give you some information.....

Last edited:

Vardigon

Where did you get the idea that it is your sign? It is not a valid thing in astrology. We have 12 signs only for 12 months. Dont take any notice of that mumbo jumbo!!!!!.

I agree. There are many patterns in the system of Astrology that would be interrupted if one instated a thirteenth sign. For instance, each sign has an element and a quality. What would Ophiucius be exactly?

Claire19

I just cannot find out any information on this star sign and its really annoying especially as it's my sign! ....
anyway....i;m calm now.! but can anybody PLEASE tell me about this sign....like the personality traits etc.........thanks
No information as it does not exist as a star sign.:happy:

L3dFt89

Yet, was there not a time when the knowledge of the planets did not extend beyond Saturn? Also, and maybe I am mistaken but, the Moon has 13 phases...
There's the 12 signs and houses, however, (up until recently anyway) only 10 planets to take residence therein and, as referrenced already, 10 was not, way back in the day. Chiron sure sees much more mention these days too, as do a few other significant asteroids.
As far as I have come to understand astrology, it seems to be an ever expanding and deepening sea of influences. Individual processing of all of it is respectable,... certainly not just 'mumbo jumbo'... no?

ASTROGURL~ Finding any astrological interpretations for your sign is certainly not so easy,... at least at the present time. Have you researched the mythological tale of Ophicius? If I recall correctly, there seemed to be some corrolation with medicine... (just think of the glyph or symbol used today for anything medical... even though confused much of the time with another similar glyph... it depicts a snake and a rod, which resembles the constellation of Ophicius ).
Here's a wiki I just looked at,...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius
...perhaps you can find something within it, even if it be just a starting point with which to begin exploring the possibilities of your somewhat forgotten sign. I would love to gain insight from what you discover too... if you would be willing to share...?:smile:

~L3dFt89

dhundhun

Hercules survived serpents. Ability to face dangers and overcome it, without regenerating.

It is blend of Scorpio and Sagittarius (Knowledge (sagi) of hidden forces (sco)).

Last edited:

Claire19

Hercules survived serpents. Ability to face dangers and overcome it, without regenerating.

It is blend of Scorpio and Sagittarius (Knowledge (sagi) of hidden forces (sco)).
THere may be a legend and a myth around all that but it is not a valid sign, how can two signs merged be????

dhundhun

THere may be a legend and a myth around all that but it is not a valid sign, how can two signs merged be????

Only a few astrological traditions used Ophiuchus as sign (making it 13 signs). Otherwise is a large constellation in sky at junction of Scorpio and Sagittarius.

At present, Ophiuchus is gaining significance due to two reasons:
1. On Dec 21, 2012, when Dark Rift of Galaxy, Sun and Earth gets aligned, the alignment will pass through center of Ophiuchus constellation. If someone has good planet here, the chances of survival increase (if some dooms day sort of thing happens).

2. Some people want to research into 13 sign.

When 13 signs are taken into consideration, and Ophiuchus takes a role - it is survival against all odds. So people who have Ophiuchus as an important sign do stand chance of beating odds.

As far as I know, Ophiuchus is not a legend. People felt need of refining and improving on astrology. That's why several traditions are there and then each traditions has several branches. Ophiuchus was considered as improvement. With that, sign changes are as follows:

1. ARIES = APRIL 19 - MAY 13
  2. TAURUS = MAY 14 - JUNE 19
  3. GEMINI = JUNE 20 - JULY 20
  4. CANCER = JULY 21 - AUG 9
  5. LEO = AUGUST 10 - SEPTEMBER 15
  6. VIRGO = SEPTEMBER 16 - OCTOBER 30
  7. LIBRA = OCTOBER 31 - NOVEMBER 22
  8. SCORPIO = NOVEMBER 23 - NOVEMBER 29
  9. OPHIUCHUS = NOVEMBER 30 - DECEMBER 17
  10. SAGITTARIUS = DECEMBER 18 - JANUARY 18
  11. CAPRICORN = JANUARY 19 - FEBRUARY 15
  12. AQUARIUS = FEBRUARY 16 - MARCH 11
  13. PISCES = MARCH 12 - APRIL 18
(Source of sign: http://the-red-thread.net/ophiuchus2.html)

image006.jpg

(Source: http://www.revelationofjohn.com/SCORPIO_files/image006.jpg)

Last edited:

dhundhun

This Ophiuchus is discussed so many times, that once I requested moderators to provide a section for Ophiuchus. This could have permitted easy access to information related to Ophiuchus.

Here is some information: http://www.theskullwhisperers.com/id59.html

Astrogurl, you can find information in link above.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Since I am a tropicalist, and regard the signs as fixed expressions of the directions of the pleroma of space, I only accept 12 SIGNS. But constellations are another matter: they are not space, they-made up of stars-are (like the planets) things in space (and my viewpoint is that macrocosmic influences stream from space {signs, degrees,points in space} and time {the actual objective qualities of time} and things in space {constellations/stars/planets) Therefore, just as I give consideration to stars ("fixed stars") so too do I give consideration to the starry constellations. I believe that constellations contribute influences to life and its events, and that consideration of these influences helps in fine-tuning chart delineations. I follow particularly Vivian Robson in this outlook of mine (also Manly P. Hall); for info regarding influences of Ophiuchus, see Robson's book (Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology), also Allen's "Star Names" (more for historical/symbolic information)

PaxMercurius

I think we should just have it that everyone who wants to be a special snowflake can choose their own constellation to be born under. Then all the goth kids can be born under the Medusa's head and hang out under Algol. After all, the New Ager lizard conspiracy folks are already on about how they're actually from the Pleaides - an appropriate signification as the Pleiades were known as the 'Weeping Sisters', and I, at least, feel like doing that a lot when I read some of those sorts of websites.

Reading through that description of Ophiuchus, I see a lot of special-snowflake syndrome going on. For example: "fame - either grand, or completely misunderstood", "many jealous of this subject." How does one have many secret enemies in the family and close associations, yet receive favour from the father and people in authority? And why are Ophiuchians condemned to favour plaid?

At present, Ophiuchus is gaining significance due to two reasons:
1. On Dec 21, 2012, when Dark Rift of Galaxy, Sun and Earth gets aligned, the alignment will pass through center of Ophiuchus constellation. If someone has good planet here, the chances of survival increase (if some dooms day sort of thing happens).

Funnily enough, that event actually happened in 1998, not 2012. There is a minor re-occurance of the same phenomenon in 2012, but not on the 21st.

But going back to the original topic, my starsign is now Dorado. Because then I can say that I'm...El Dorado. And that's pretty special.

dhundhun

Funnily enough, that event actually happened in 1998, not 2012. There is a minor re-occurance of the same phenomenon in 2012, but not on the 21st.

Ephemeris conjunction is stated in precise date, hour, minute and seconds, but all of us are aware of eclipses lasting up to 6 hours because of diameter of Sun and Moon. So is the case of rise time. Sun rise is considered to be first touch of Sun on the horizon. Then it takes Sun about a minute (60 seconds) to fully rise (entire disc visible) - as I remember correct me if I am wrong.

First contact happened about 10-15 years and 1998 is stated at couple of places. Because of diameter of Sun and Earth (both around 30 minutes) and precision of equinoxis which is less than a minute every year (about 50-51 seconds per year) this alignment will keep on happening for over 30 years, every years twice (once Sun in between, once Earth in between). Exact mathematics, I am not aware because best case should have been for 70 Years.

I disagree with those who nay-say that this isn't your sign etc...because in other cultures there have been and are 13 months related to the 13 moons and in truth there are 13 constellations; ophicius being the "missing" constellation. besides if one was to look at the length of time the sun is actually "in" scorpio it would be seen that it is indeed in scorpio the shortest amount of time/space....thus, putting the sun in ophicius....
I would love to talk more about this "phenomenon" and share with you the information I have collected about this constellation; however, the ideas I have been researching are radical but always open for discussion and revision! But don't allow those who are non-believers to get you down* :)

L3dFt89!!!!!! OMG!!!! Of course, you would be here....I've been trying to get back into the research of this very subject and I thought a forum would be helpful; however, I had to register etc...and WHAM! there/here you are* :D Let's get reconnect our minds and hearts with the stellar subject that we both LOVE*

L3dFt89

:happy: StarFireFae!!... You know what,... I'd love to! I need something to take my mind from where it has been left:crying:... We have much to catch up on so, perhaps we could somehow reconnect in real time, and space,...and soon..?
I miss you terrible, ...and have been so very much in need of you!

I am absolutely delighted that we have run into each other...and what better place online??! :lol:

YAY!!!

byjove

Account Closed
I think the different regional astrological federations should get out in the media and stamp on this clap-trap. Whether they want to take responsibility or not, astrology is suffering because of nonsense like this which is spun out into the mass media every few years by the next average Joe desperate to make his cheap fortune. Meanwhile, the gigantic increase in visitors to this forum and this thread in recent days shows the huge number of VICTIMS of this MISINFORMATION. And the rest of us astrologers are left to pick up the pieces.

I'd have more patience if astronomers and scientists in particular would stop pretending to the world that many of their finest weren't also astrologers. Also, the lack of unified face for this community is disastrous for us. PR anyone?

07.Re

I think the different regional astrological federations should get out in the media and stamp on this clap-trap.

There has been this 'come-back' from the Astrology Federation in reply to Kunkle's theory:

Take it from the American Federation of Astrologers. The hype about a supposed new zodiac sign, Ophiuchus, "doesn't change your chart at all," Federation spokeswoman Shelly Ackerman told the Associated Press.
Your sign has not changed. No one's has. And if you don't want to take her word for it, take it from NASA. By understanding just one definition in the star-gazer glossary at NASA.gov, you will understand that the news of a supposed "new zodiac" featuring 13 signs - and the claim that people's sun signs have changed - were bogus "news" from the start.

http://www.examiner.com/astrology-i...y-federation-and-rocket-science-backs-that-up

Claire19

A bit of a stretch there..... :happy: However blending two sun signs in that way is not astrological principle.