Will he recover from addiction?

malvia

Dear community,
the following question is about my boyfriend. He is addicted to alcohol and this has been a big problem in our relationship. We have been together for more than two years but currently we are separated due to his addiction.
I feel that the future of our union depends on if he will make a treatment to cure his dependency.
Could anyone please help me interpret this horary chart? I'm still learning so my interpretation is very basic.

As this question is mainly about him, but still affects our relationship, so I'm not sure if this chart shows the problem (addiction) and the future of our relationship.

The querent (me) 1st house is Venus
(my boyfriend) 7th house Mars
Moon in the 4th house, is his family helpful in his process of recovery, or on the other hand, being a part of the problem ? I belive that his family is having a major influence in this issue, but not in a good way...
12th house ruler is mercury, being retrograde, does that mean that he will take some time to go on treatment?
Moon sextil Mercury, does it mean that the problem will be solved?

I'm sorry for so many questions, but this question is very important at this time of my life, and some guidance would be tremendously helpful.
I have tried to interpret as much as my (short) knowledge allows me, so I ask this kind community for some help to make this answer more clear.

Thank you very much.
Kind Regards,

Attachments

• astro_horary_17_march.jpg
    astro_horary_17_march.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 26

malvia

Can anyone please help me to see answers to this question, in this horary chart?

Hope I'm not breaking any rule of this forum, as no answer has been sent so far.

Thank you very much.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-boyfriend = 7th house = Aries = Mars
-his addiction = 12th house from the 7th (self-undoing house) = Pisces = Jupiter
-potential for recovery = 10th house from the 7th = Capricorn = Saturn
-he (Mars) retrogrades toward Jupiter (addiction) = - testimony
-he (Mars) is in YOUR 12th house, shows his problems affecting you a great deal
-he (Mars) flows by retrograde away from Saturn (significator of recovery) = - testimony
-Saturn (recovery, treatment, etc) is in your house (1st house) in its exaltation, but retrograde-shows you would have a major role in
-I will follow Ibn Ezra (and earlier Islamic-era authors) and assign the Moon in this particular chart, as HIS (quesited's) co-significator
a) Moon flows away from Saturn and toward Jupiter (lord of his 12th house) = Moon flows away from recovery (Saturn) and toward addiction (Jupiter) = - testimony
-you = 1st house = Libra = Venus
Notice that you are between him (Mars retrograde) and his addiction (Jupiter), which certainly is a valid picture of the current situation.

The testimonies here relative to his recovery any time soon, are all negative; so the answer here is "no", not over the next several months; however, your importance in eventually helping recovery to happen for him, is also clearly shown by Saturn (recovery, treatment) in your 1st house, and by the position of your significator, Venus, standing between him (Mars retrograde) and his addiction (Jupiter)

malvia

Thank you so much Dr. Farr for your reply, it sure helps me during this process, to know that so far there is not much that I can do to help him.
This situation is indeed affecting me very much, not sure if I should stand by him, or just move on and leave him alone to solve his own problems.

The Mars retrograde period will last until April 2012 , does it mean that from that date on my boyfriend will start any recovery?

(His natal chart Saturn squares Neptune, Neptune conjuncts Sun, and Neptune is in his 1st house...guess this points to addiction issues.) Transits and progressions could perhaps show his path of recovery, could the natal chart in attachment be of any help for this interpretation?

Respectfully,

Attachments

• natal chart.jpg
    natal chart.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 18

dr. farr

The Mars direct change might be the time limit for this current horary reading, and perhaps a new horary soon after Mars turns direct, might give revelations for the next several months following that time.

His natal is, of course, more substantively important than horary: in his natal we can see the strong connection of "self-undoing": notice that (in whole sign) the lord of both his 12th house and his 6th house (house of potential illness), Venus, is posited right in his ascending sign, showing the close connection of the 12th and 6th house with him (personality is often denoted by the ascending sign and any planets in the 1st house)

malvia

Thank you very much Dr. Farr, for your interpretation. I usually use the Placidus system, but now looking at the charts with the whole sign system, I've noticed that a few things have changed.
Looking at our synastry, many of my planets (moon, pluto, mars and venus) fall in his 12th house, our NN conjuct eachother, his saturn conjuct my sun, could this mean karmic connection?

Presently I have a big doubt, his condition (alcoholic) makes me wonder if I should leave him and move on, but on the other hand if our connection is karmic, then perhaps we are 'meant' to be together. The horary chart also pointed me as being part of his process of recovery.

Dr. Farr, so far your interpretations have been so accurate, that without wanting to 'abuse' your patience, I would ask again for your wisdom words regarding our synastry chart, if you notice any aspect of relevant importance.

Respectfully,

Malvia

Attachments

• synastry.jpg
    synastry.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 20