Covid-19: how are you responding?

waybread

Wonderful posts, people!

Monk, although your body is confined, your mind is just soaring. :cool: I found those fixed star reports to be so interesting. And the ones about people coming together, so hopeful. With quarantine and "shelter in place" rules proliferating, big-hearted people are showing that we can "come together" on-line, person-to-person, or simply in terms of taking steps to avoid spreading the virus.

Opal, you are a blessing to the people you are helping, and to the rest of us by example.

So far as taking out the trash goes, so much of what we throw away is caused by excess packaging, or the barriers to composting, re-using, and recycling. I hope this pandemic will teach us ways to more sustainability.

Chrysalis, it's nice to see you back. Don't be a stranger.

To all of you, thanks for your comments. Come back and share your experiences!

Saturn rules hardship and fear. Jupiter rules faith. Pluto rules more inevitable existential threats. Fortunately Saturn is moving off Jupiter and Pluto. And then Pluto has another side: the phoenix rising from the ashes.

ElenaJ

"So far as taking out the trash goes, so much of what we throw away is caused by excess packaging, or the barriers to composting, re-using, and recycling. I hope this pandemic will teach us ways to more sustainability."

It always amazes me when I return from shopping and have a mountain of plastic and styrofoam that's sometimes larger than the pile of what I purchased!!

conspiracy theorist

My country currently has 19 cases, the last I heard. To add to the litany of unemployment and job loss stories, tourism, hospitality, education and "non-essential" workers are all getting reamed. There is a mandate that there should be no public gatherings beyond the capacity of 20 people, this has resulted in various facilitates forcing customers to line up outside the doors waiting on their turn to do their business. Those in transportation are ordered to carry less passengers, once again affecting the bottom line at the end of the day.

I'm doing alright, although a lot of the plans I've had for the year are now dead in the water because of the economic landscape. As more cautious souls stay home, I eat up the overtime hours - one can always find opportunities even in the most dire of situations.

The saying "necessity is the mother of invention" seems to apply to the current times. The Uranus/Neptune conjunction in Capricorn in the 1990s brought us the world wide web and the general public's ability to use it. This time around with the Capricorn stellium activating that "sensitive point", there seems to be infrastructural measures being put in place in order for corporations and professions to continue operating through internet connectivity, technology, and telecommunications. My country is looking seriously to expand bandwidth and infrastructure in order to facilitate work at home solutions, and I'm aware of companies overseas who have already begun development along those lines.

I imagine that the gains and intelligence brought about by this crises won't just be discarded, and may be built upon in a situation that may even result in an "internet 3.0". This would be an apt event to coincide with the eventual Saturn/Jupiter conjunction occurring at the beginning of Aquarius. By dawr, we are also coming upon an airy period although I don't have the details at hand.

Chrysalis

I think it's quite a bizarre coincidence that they are utilizing 5G, at the same time as we are all more or less on house arrest and will now coincidentally be using more bandwidth to be able to communicate online.

CapAquaPis

I live in CA near a grocery store I work in kept having a helicopter fly in circles around it for 2 days and nights, so I wasn't able to sleep so well like I should, and I still be able to work with more crowd control and social distancing of customers to make next work week a less busy one.

Lots of Americans panicked endlessly for 3 weeks, they blame the media for hype or Trump for subbing covid19 a Chinese hoax. This has to be the worst month in recent CA, US and world history, and I'm in indefinite social isolation except for work for 9 days to not get myself or anyone I come in contact with sick at all.

And 3 more things from Nostradamus' prophecy of what happened just now in March 2020: the plague (virus) comes in middle of night, it shall ruin the world and destroy our economy as we know it. Yes, it's a threat to all of our health, social order and finances , covid19 now affects 250,000 people in all continents since it started in Wuhan, China in possibly Dec 2019.

Hkk

Account Closed
So U.K. prime minister has now told us to stay at home unless you need essentials such as food and medicine and keep at a minimum. If we don’t there will be police enforcements and fines. It’s to save lives.

People have been fighting, over crowding and going in groups- beaches full of people. Why? Because they aren’t at work. Why? Because of the virus. But what do people do? Go outside to contract the virus and try and kill them selves. What else do they do? They go to supermarkets for food they may never eat as they will contract the virus.

I’m glad this lock down has happened and there will be lots of fines and lock ups because ppl rebel and do not realise it’s for them.

Other countries apart from us and U.K. have done what they are told. I don’t know what it is....

Anyway I’m at home, working from home and doing online shopping. This whole thing scares me when you look at the stats and see all the people with it and ppl who have died.

Prime minister has said we can go out only if necessary eg doctors nurses etc
National emergency

My sis in law has got the virus and my brother too. She couldn’t breathe and was told to stay at home and even though she can’t breathe her symptoms were mild. My brothers got it but it’s calmed down. Sis in law is in a bad way. They have two children.
How did she get it? She went out unnecessarily. She’s irresponsible as she has children and should know better and have put all her family’s life at risk.

Stay at home 🏠

ElenaJ

"’m glad this lock down has happened and there will be lots of fines and lock ups because ppl rebel and do not realise it’s for them. "

This is the problem that happened in Italy. People kept going out, and were also moving to other areas to "escape" the virus, but in reality bringing it to areas where there were no cases. There are still thousands of fines daily for people who aren't obeying the regulations.

Chrysalis

Wow 😮 I thought he would be stricter

You thought he would be stricter in what way? I think that's strict enough. I'm just hoping after 3 weeks there is a slight improvement and things can be relaxed a little, but I don't think that's going to be the case, I have a feeling it will be another 3 weeks on top, and then maybe a little improvement, this would take us into Mid may when mars will finally be out of Saturns sign and will be in Pisces.

Chrysalis

We are not on TOTAL lockdown though, because if we really need to go out for any essential food items we are allowed to as long as we keep the occasions to a bare minimum. If we need to go to a chemist for medicine we can, and we can go out alone for a little exercise but just not hanging around in groups.

Actually, are the banks still going to be open?

Hkk

Account Closed
We are not on TOTAL lockdown though, because if we really need to go out for any essential food items we are allowed to as long as we keep the occasions to a bare minimum. If we need to go to a chemist for medicine we can, and we can go out alone for a little exercise but just not hanging around in groups.

Actually, are the banks still going to be open?

Banks are greedy. They won’t shut even if someone dies. Trust me I worked in banking for two decades. They will stay open and guilt trip everyone. They will say a bank is ‘necessary’ as ppl need it. This is how they manipulate the government. A cheeky back hander

Hkk

Account Closed
"’m glad this lock down has happened and there will be lots of fines and lock ups because ppl rebel and do not realise it’s for them. "

This is the problem that happened in Italy. People kept going out, and were also moving to other areas to "escape" the virus, but in reality bringing it to areas where there were no cases. There are still thousands of fines daily for people who aren't obeying the regulations.

People are crazy and not thinking straight. All those ppl that died in Italy. It’s cruel and heartbreaking

Chrysalis

Banks are greedy. They won’t shut even if someone dies. Trust me I worked in banking for two decades. They will stay open and guilt trip everyone. They will say a bank is ‘necessary’ as ppl need it. This is how they manipulate the government. A cheeky back hander

Oh, that's good then because I'm going to need to take a trip to the bank next week.

2020 RIP!

Chrysalis

Just read in your previous post about your sis in law and brother having it :sad:

Since all this I've been drinking hot lemon water daily, it alkalizes the body which viruses cant survive in. Tell her to drink some fresh lemon water to help.

Hkk

Account Closed
Just read in your previous post about your sis in law and brother having it :sad:

Since all this I've been drinking hot lemon water daily, it alkalizes the body which viruses cant survive in. Tell her to drink some fresh lemon water to help.

Awww thanks 😊 c x