This forum opened my eyes to not taking vaccines

Bunraku

First of all, I was a person who loved to take vaccines because I thought I was doing the right thing. That's how I was taught growing up. I've taken so many... it's hard to know. And I remember getting sick often because of it (in hindsight).

I'd like to thank JupiterASC and Rahu and Neptunian_Rainbow and Blackberry for posting very informative posts, links, and resources. I had no idea what was actually behind all of this. I think it's really sinister that the government would so many harmful chemicals in their vaccines!? I don't know what their game is but this is SICK. THis is truly shocking that people don't understand what is going in their bodies.

david starling

First of all, I was a person who loved to take vaccines because I thought I was doing the right thing. That's how I was taught growing up. I've taken so many... it's hard to know. And I remember getting sick often because of it (in hindsight).

I'd like to thank JupiterASC and Rahu and Neptunian_Rainbow and Blackberry for posting very informative posts, links, and resources. I had no idea what was actually behind all of this. I think it's really sinister that the government would so many harmful chemicals in their vaccines!? I don't know what their game is but this is SICK. THis is truly shocking that people don't understand what is going in their bodies.

Where is rahu posting these days?

david starling

Trump was instrumental in financing their development, and is celebrating these vaccines as a major achievement of his administration.

Shouldn't his supporters be appreciative, and be first to get vaccinated?

katydid

Trump was instrumental in financing their development, and is celebrating these vaccines as a major achievement of his administration.

Shouldn't his supporters be appreciative, and be first to get vaccinated?

Why did Biden and Harris and Pelosi get publicly vaccinated, if this is Trump's major achievement?

katydid

Good point. But, why aren't many Trump supporters eager to get vaccinated?

I cannot speak for others as I don't know.

I do know why I am hesitant. I worry that the vaccine was rushed out before adequate testing.

I have seen reports of bad side effects already in some cases.

I have read about the way it was done so quickly----by changing protocols, which may make it riskier than the usual vaccines.

There are also questions about it's effectiveness.

So we are going to continue our basic quarantine, since we are already retired. And we will wait and see how it plays out before we take the vaccine.

david starling

Not the contagion itself, no - the response, yes.
I see the type you are talking about reported in the media with “AND THEN THEY WERE DEAD”

The ones I know are very much alive!

So, these are people who just don't believe they can spread the virus to others by not wearing masks?B

The way I understand it, the masks are to protect those around you, rather than protecting yourself.

The vaccination is being said not to prevent the spreading of the virus, just immunity for oneself. Which is a real bummer!

david starling

Likely there is a psychological dimension to mask wearing so that those who are afraid to go out are comforted or emboldened by their own mask-wearing.

People with different beliefs are not crazy just for holding different beliefs. I agree with conspiracy theorist that Americans online are extremely polarized. No enemy could have dreamed up a better division tactic than social media, with people arguing for hours over whether a paint chip is grey or grey-green, both missing the income losses offline.

It's not just a personal belief IF masking really DOES curtail the spread of the virus.

If it DOESN'T really curtail the spread, then it's a hoax, and an attack on our personal liberties

conspiracy theorist

On a more positive note, some folks have told me that they got sick a lot less last year than previous years probably due to all the focus on regular sanitation, less densely populated areas and mask wearing. Good for them

Osamenor

Staff member
On a more positive note, some folks have told me that they got sick a lot less last year than previous years probably due to all the focus on regular sanitation, less densely populated areas and mask wearing. Good for them

True for me. I reliably get a cold sometime between mid autumn and early winter every year. Not this year.

If masking and social distancing keeps me from getting a cold, it must work on Covid too. And vice versa.

Osamenor

Staff member
Not wearing masks and protesting lockdowns appear to be two separate issues.
Yes and no. Lockdown protesters have also been big on not wearing masks and pooh-poohing the whole thing.

There are maskers who are furious about the lockdowns.
But if you parse apart the reasons why they're furious, you get somewhat different ones between maskers and anti-maskers. In both cases, concern about the economy and being able to make a living is usually part of it. But maskers are more likely to be upset about certain parts of it-- keeping schools closed, for instance--than dismissive of the whole idea that we need to change our behavior at all to stop the spread of Covid. Anti-maskers tend to have a "they can't tell me what to do, it's not really that serious" attitude.

Basically, maskers who are furious about lockdown accept that it's a serious situation and we need to do something, they just don't think full lockdown is the answer. Anti-maskers tend to not think it's that serious.