Why should i believe astrology? can you give some reason?

obsidianmineral

Once you get into the field of Theoretical Physics, very few can see it working. Lots of disagreements in the field.

So once you get to the field of "probably but not proven (theoretical)" physics, then there is a lot of disagreement, because it's probable but not proven. That didn't really add any kind of context nor information to the discussion related to astrology. The analogy doesn't work, you see. Just because something like string theory hasn't been proved yet it is likely that it could be proven at some point, it does not mean that applies to every other theory or pseudo-science is the same. If you truly want astrology to be more accepted, you'll need more than mere anecdotical evidence. Not only is anecdotical evidence scientifically useless, it's also based on subjective perception, so therefore it is subject to variations.

I think many astrologers are really easy to fool and manipulable. From my observation, I've seen that most people in this forum just think the pseudo-science works as a result of casual observation. They also tend to stretch the meanings and interpretations of everything included in a chart; I get it, astrology is more of an art than a science and somewhat subjective, but you simply can't use the "close-enough" thing everytime. There's so many misinformation and stupidity these days that I would advise many of the people here (and this isn't any personal attack to you; I'm speaking of the people here in general) to reconsider astrology as a whole.

Culpeper

Premium Member
I see that this thread is just an attack on astrology and astrologers. You say that astrology is worthless and astrologers are all fools. Can you prove this? It appears as if you have the scientific method backwards.

Now to the original loaded question. No, you should not believe in astrology: it is not a religion, church, cult or method of divination such as watching birds or casting lots. Astrology is a science like chemistry; it is something we do for very practical purposes not some deity to believe in.

david starling

So once you get to the field of "probably but not proven (theoretical)" physics, then there is a lot of disagreement, because it's probable but not proven. That didn't really add any kind of context nor information to the discussion related to astrology. The analogy doesn't work, you see. Just because something like string theory hasn't been proved yet it is likely that it could be proven at some point, it does not mean that applies to every other theory or pseudo-science is the same. If you truly want astrology to be more accepted, you'll need more than mere anecdotical evidence. Not only is anecdotical evidence scientifically useless, it's also based on subjective perception, so therefore it is subject to variations.

I think many astrologers are really easy to fool and manipulable. From my observation, I've seen that most people in this forum just think the pseudo-science works as a result of casual observation. They also tend to stretch the meanings and interpretations of everything included in a chart; I get it, astrology is more of an art than a science and somewhat subjective, but you simply can't use the "close-enough" thing everytime. There's so many misinformation and stupidity these days that I would advise many of the people here (and this isn't any personal attack to you; I'm speaking of the people here in general) to reconsider astrology as a whole.

I would say Theoretical Physics will eventually get around to proving Astrology works, and explaining how and why. Meanwhile, those who practice Astrology can do without the theoretical explanation. Astrology is already widely accepted.

AppLeo

You should believe in astrology because people's birth charts match their personality's so accurately it cannot simply be a correlation.

That's why I believe in astrology.

A big "disconnect" I see between non-believers and believers it that the non-believers think that astrology only deals with the sun sign (aka star sign) and that the daily horoscopes are the only astrological predictions that take place. And they're right to believe that general descriptions of star signs and daily horoscopes are for fools... but they're wrong to assume that that's astrology is.

It's one thing to know that someone could have their Sun in Capricorn. But when you look at their birth chart, their Sun could be very from another person who has their Sun in Capricorn. Because you have to look at what house the Sun is in, what aspects are aspecting it, what decan the sun is in, the current transits... On top of that, you have to take into account the person's planet placements in the chart and the asteroids, and the ascendant, and the rulers of the houses, and the aspects between the planets... all of these different components in a birth chart narrow and pinpoint parts of a person's personality that a basic horoscope can't. And these narrow interpretations are super accurate and don't "just happen to work" or appear to be correct by the Forer affect.

And if you don't believe me, just look at your own chart and read it.

But no scientist or non-believer does because it takes a lot of work and time, and an open-mind.

And the non-believers that do read their chart end up becoming believers for life. I don't think I've ever met anyone on here or someone who has gone so deep into astrology only to end up rejecting it... they usually end up diving deeper because they learn more about themselves and everyone else. And because astrology is real (true, accurate, factual...)

---

And I noticed that people say that you don't "believe" in astrology. You either use it or you don't. I kind of feel like astrology is like math. You can use math or not use it. If you mess up a problem or can't find an answer to a problem, math isn't wrong, you just did the math wrong. And I feel like that's the same for astrology. When a prediction doesn't work, it doesn't mean astrology is wrong, it just means you fail to predict or read the chart correctly.

Last edited:

detectahead

Is the sun going to rise in the morning? That's not a belief, that's a matter of fact. Do charts and observe thru the empirical senses and the truth will reveal itself because it works

Last edited:

Andrea_

It's funny how these kind of threads combust so quickly, and I want to say that, if you are certain of your beliefs or observations, you don't feel the need to attack someone else's opinion that might be different than yours (in the "I don't find all these cosmological facts real" kind of sense). Well, not "en masse", at least. You can just patiently bring examples, or more exactly people who correctly interpreted things before they happened using astrological correlations.

Because it's explained by humans, the astrological system is bound to have faults, to not be perfect, but maybe more than anything, it shows how the human being needs to anchor itself in ideals or beliefs that bring a sense of order or greater understanding.

I don't personally believe in the physical aspects of astrology that much (I wouldn't entirely negate them either), I don't think the future is 100% written and I believe in every person's personal power of dictating certain things or changing the numbers of an "equation". There exist x elements that are less or not at all bound by our "karma", and astrology speaks of all. But what drove me to learn about astrology was the need to not judge people around me so harshly, thus, to learn about the priceless philosophical lessons of astrology, a kind of ancient wisdom surviving but that isn't classically taught in your normal or average family with a sense of balance. Maybe they are being taught but many people nowdays have sadly lost their balanced and sense of entourage, environment, "atmosphere", calm, etc. By astrological lessons I mean the "layered" personality of people, what motivates their actions, their psychological profile, and so on. It's like a psychology lesson but more profound: it invites you to think about essence and spirituality to some degrees. But I don't think that making astrology your "religion" and personal Agenda is the right way to go (omg Mercury is retrograde and squares 3 planets and important midpoints at the time of the meeting! I have to cancel it! - sorry, it never always works like this. It's not an automatic receipt for doom and gloom, it's an invitation to be more careful and be prepared!)

In other words, I see astrology as a way to help yourself, as a gate towards insight, that you need some good instinct/inspiration for (to interpret it) as well.

Cheers, and no, you don't have to give much thought to it if you don't feel like it. The "haha believe it or not still gonna happen" messages grind my gears tbh, because neither you nor me know exactly what the it from "it's still gonna happen" signifies. Let the user discover their own truth because, you don't hold the key to the absolute truth either.

Last edited:

david starling

I have reservations about what I call "pontifcators", who have Astrological insights that work for them, which they present as absolute truth. If they've written a book, given lectures, and acquired a group of followers, they become known as "authorities", who have everything exactly right. I may agree with some, but not all, or maybe even just a few useful things they have to say, but the tone bothers me. I'm preparing to eventually write a book myself, concerning the Astrological Ages, and I've seen myself starting to pontificate about my chosen subject. Still trying to figure out how to share Astrological information without giving the impression that disagreement is unacceptable. I use [IMO] at times, but [WFM] (works for me) is a better description of the tone I prefer. NOT to be confused with [WTF]. :lol:

Last edited:

Anntt

Good question. I have that same question too. My ex and I had a big fight regarding his jealous and self-centered and then he gave me the silent treatment over 2 months so far. I've posted our charts for reading and advise, most of people gives the feedback that we will have stable relationship and fate to bring us together. Also Saturn should be over August 27th, we can be together after that period. The truth, he and I have ego issue, no sure how we'll be reunion again. Let's see what the outcome will be at the end of August. I'll let you that you should believe it or not. lol

Last edited:
At the end of the day i'm sucking down a mug of coffee eating dry roasted peanuts, being the lay about Taurus moon and mars in 2nd house because it is Sunday, and i will be ready for work tomorrow knowing i put a bunch of protein and vital stuff into my body before hand.

You will troll forums and live the existence you do.

Where i draw the line is when people do not allow for freedom of expression and / or are forcing beliefs down other peoples throats.

AppLeo

Who cares... I thought it was a good question. It's important to know where you stand and why on not-so-clear-cut subjects like astrology.

I mean, there are a lot of people who believe in astrology, but they only read those garbage daily horoscopes. And then there are those who don't believe in astrology, yet they've never read their chart.

Last edited:

david starling

Believe in astrology...

I don't believe in needing to breathe air to live, and yet here we are.

Whether you believe in it or not, it will still go on -- with or without your permission.

Yeah. So much for absolutely "Free-will". Unless you believe we choose the Natal-chart we're stuck with.:biggrin: I don't--I believe it's "luck of the draw".