Aries 01* or Libra 01*

piercethevale

Greetings. I'd like to propose that there may be at least two possible starting points for the cycle of Symbols.
When one begins with Aries 01* [A Symbol we are all familiar with], a Symbol of a newly arising life form, we procede through the cycle to complete it with Pisces 30*. The Symbol for Pisces 30* is [from Rudhyars' book] "A Majestic Rock Formation Resembling A Face Is Idealized By A Boy Who Takes It As His Ideal Of Greatness, And As He Grows Up, Begins To Look Like It."
What this cycle represents to me is Life becoming more immersed in matter, or Maya by Yogic interpretation.
If we begin the cycle at Libra 01*, the symbol for the perfect form of Mankind, we will procede through the Zodiac to Virgo 30*. The Symbol for Virgo 30* is [from Rudhyars' book] "Totally Intent Upon Completing An Immediate Task, A Man Is Deaf To Any Allurement. Keynote: The concentration required for reaching any spiritual goal....[keyword{s}] CONQUEST OF ILLUSION."
By starting a Libra 01* we now have a cycle of symbols that begins with a higher vibration and destiny. We now have an escaping from Maya, 'The Illusion'.
It also now brings to question the use of Pentagrams in certain rites. It implies there are two opposing templates. One would have Aries 01* at the top of the pentagram and the other Libra 01* as the apex. [for those of you that know of these matters or are least aware of such rites.]
...Have any of you also taken note of this possibility and/or have any of you noticed any similiar type re-arrangement of the procession of the degrees of the Zodiac?
I should add that I am a yogi and have been since 1968...and I'm sure a great many of you will notice this by my use of yogic science in many of my theories and/or observations and resultant deductions.]
...[I must say I am quite pleased to finally find an Astrological Forum that is not only receptive to Sabian Symbolic Astrology but has even a seperate forum for those that are practitioners and/or those that are interested and receptive to discussing them...Thank you to the Admin., and thank you to the members.]:)

Spungie

I have a different book to yours, my symbols are a little different so forgive me if I have missed your point, I shall give you mine:

It seems to me like you could be touching on what I call polarity. It seems like the physical being (masculine) in the physical world (femenine) starts at aries 01. And the spiritual being (femenine) in the spirit world (masculine) starts at libra 01 (my mooon btw :D)

Imagine raw spirit - would it not be totally receptive?
Place it in the physical realm and this child would penetrate through receptivity (are you with me at all?). It would desire experience and know no limits like an aries.
-STOP TYPING!!!!!-
My mind has been whirring so fast I failed to realise the book explains it all for me! (mercury in saggitarius)
Haha!
I've had a lightbulb day today and you've put the icing on the cake.
The yin/yang is indeed something all people on earth should ponder.
As I dig for experience in life there are two funamental recurrent things: One is polarity-opposites, and the other is that you can never stop chopping things in two and making these oposites, the experience is infinate.
Thats why I love sabian symbols so :rolleyes:. Perhaps one day Il create a minute by minuite Spungie's version of the sabian symbols

I was hoping for a short post as it is late and I'm hungry.
I will develop this idea and I hope you throw the ball back to me.
Thanks for your proposition, it has served me well.
Spungie

piercethevale

Spungie, I'm glad you got something out of this posting.
I do so recommend Rudhyars book on the symbols though. He spent the greater part of his life interpreting the 360 symbols given by Elsie Wheeler. I think he was the most qualified to interpret them given his background in psychology, symbols and astrology.
I also believe that the symbols should always be presented exactly as the clairvoyant, Elsie Wheeler, saw them. To alter or modernize them without the attunment that Ms. Wheeler had is asking for trouble, I believe. Rudhyar always makes mention of the original symbol if he had felt a need to alter it for more contempory understanding...

Spungie

Yes, this is what I thought. It seems like my book as been refined, and it never really needed refining. (perhaps to avoid copyright) :mad:
However, I'm broke.
Totally broke.
:(
One day though.
The book I currently use is actually my mums.
And I dont have it at the moment.
So I have no more to add.