aspects and configurations...that make good writers

ImNotThere9

Thanks Krewster,

interesting what you write about Mozart. He was a famously prodigious child.

I also like what you say here, the "endlessly available windows of opportunity through which you are afforded access to jump". What is your conception of the creative process, in relation to this jump?

Krewster

I’m mostly just trying to focus on what each aspectual denominator can be said to mean and am not enamored of the keyword “creativity” for the 5 and its sisters the 10 and the 20 (which seems just like one possible result from these aspects’ manifesting when Merc, Ven and/or Mars are involved).
But happy to listen to your thoughts and/or answer to my last post’s curiosity about your style/content of writing (for comparison to your chart).

ImNotThere9

I'm still puzzling over what you write about 'windows' and 'the jump'. Thought of as a 'leap', it reminds me of Kierkegaard and his 'knight of faith'. It seems quite Uranian to me too.

It's hard to define my own style, it is always developing. I know this sounds evasive. All I know is that the writing is - what most concerns me is how I can sustain myself financially in the coming years while actualizing it as a vocation, if there are opportunities shown in the chart for doing this. I suppose I will continue investigating that. Thanks.

PD187540

It is a mixture of Mercurial factors, including planets in Gemini or Virgo (Stephen King) and 9th house/Jupiter/Sag and/or Neptunian type factors (Pisces, 12th, etc).

I can personally agree with this. Here are some of my aspects and placements that give me superb writing skills:

Mercury in Virgo in the 8th House (north node Gemini in 6th house - Virgo's natural domicile)
Mercury trine Ascendant (excellent one right here)
Moon in the 3rd House (Gemini's natural domicile), trining Neptune in the 12th and sesquiquadrate my Mercury

That's basically all you need right there.

NIKHIL

Mercury in good position in the 12th house gives a person ability to write on sci-fi things and about spiritual things about unknown. In 3rd house; it may give ability to write drama and with saturn here it can give long writing ability like writing a big-big novel because saturn here elongates the time. moon sextile mercury can add some extra power on writing ability. But it must be in exalted position or in its own sign.

capricorn6

Premium Member
I have mercury/pluto in the 6th sextile neptune in the 8th. I was never ever good at writing the litterature kind:/ But on the other hand, writing things about biology, psychology and science gave me better grades:D I actually had almost no interest for novels and that kind when I was younger, I like sticking more to the "facts" or theories about things. I even have Gemini AC, and, moon, venus, mars in virgo. I wonder if it has anything to do with mercury square jupiter....

My mum is extremely good at writing stories, novels etc. But too bad she never used it for a carreer or something....Now its kind of too late cause shes 56 I guess.

She has Mercury, Jupiter, Sun, Uranus in cancer 11th house.

Mercury is conjunct jupiter closely (in contrast to my mercury SQUARE jupiter)
Mercury also trines saturn in scorpio.

She has Leo AC with venus and pluto in the 1st conjunct AC.

Moon and mars in the 5th together with NN. Maybe has something to do with creativity also??

Neptune in the 3rd --> Very creative mind, but not able to achieve anything academically because of problems concentrating and so on.

I know it's been a long time since this thread was started, but I just want to explain one thing: it's NEVER too late to start writing. I attended a live reading where one of the authors had her first book read out loud by someone else, she couldn't make it there easily because she was 92! You're never too old to start writing! :biggrin:

Kenoshamaensa

Not only is it never too late to start writing, but writing is one of those fields that actually FAVORS age, as it brings with it experience and experienceS. A writer writes what she knows (or researches like hell), and so the more experiences one has, the deeper the well one can draw on.

(And in today's publishing world, it can sometimes take a while not just to finish a book, but to find an agent/publisher and get it sold, or to learn how to market and self-publish.)

I have mercury quintile moon. the articulation of feelings into words (written or spoken)

Moon quintile Mercury
You have a gift for expressing emotions and communicating feelings. You are probably a very talented poet. You gain much support through your brilliance in communicating, and may find numerous creative ways to express this exceptional ability. You are a fascinating conversationalist.

Moon quintile Mercury: Adopting a style of intelligent perceptiveness and of articulate commuication of feelings; creating a rational structure of thought for understanding the world; seems to be connected with wit, humour, and especially with satire.

neptune and pluto aspects to mercury are probably beneficial, having planets in gemini can't hurt either!

hah? I don't get people who take semi-minor aspects like a quintile and say it has a great impact. Lol. You need to look for aspects that have a bit more weight. There are a lot of writers with Jupiter in their 3rd. That often makes a wordy, well-spoken person. Mercury in hard aspect to Neptune may create an imaginative person. Mercury in the 1st, or perhaps someone's Sun in the third would also create this.

JUPITERASC

hah? I don't get people who take semi-minor aspects like a quintile and say it has a great impact. Lol.
You need to look for aspects that have a bit more weight.
There are a lot of writers with Jupiter in their 3rd.
That often makes a wordy, well-spoken person.
Mercury in hard aspect to Neptune may create an imaginative person.
Mercury in the 1st,
or perhaps someone's Sun in the third would also create this.
MARK TWAIN - American noted writer of classics and humor
one of the best-known story-tellers in America.

MERCURY IN 1ST TRINE EXALTED JUPITER IN 9TH :smile:
NATAL CHART ATTACHED

Clemens had little formal education and worked in a variety of jobs before his first publication in 1867.
His noted works include, "Tom Sawyer," "Huckleberry Finn" and "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
Many of his classic tales have been converted into movies for theater and TV.
February 1870, he married Olivia Langdon and they had four kids.
Clemens died 21 April 1910 Redding, CT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Twain

Mark-Twain-Dog-Bite.jpg

mark_twain_quote-fool_quote.jpg

Attachments

• MARK TWAIN NATAL.gif
    MARK TWAIN NATAL.gif
    90 KB · Views: 33

txri

I'm posting my chart before going back to read all the responses (sorry, short on time) but I was curious if my chart points to creative writing or debate? I skimmed and briefly saw mentions of pisces in mercury & whatnot.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_tori_b_35951_11840.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_tori_b_35951_11840.gif
    50.3 KB · Views: 31