Very new and excited!

Veronica78

Good Morning!!!!!!!

I am new to forums and have been teaching myself astrology for about 2 months now. :) It is difficult, but I LOVE IT!!! I have Jupiter on my MC(MH) so I think astrology may by niche.
I am a virgo sun, taurus moon and libra rising. :) Not sure what all of that means yet, but I will!! :tongue::biggrin:

JUPITERASC

Good Morning!!!!!!!

I am new to forums and have been teaching myself astrology for about 2 months now. :)
It is difficult, but I LOVE IT!!!
I have Jupiter on my MC(MH) so I think astrology may by niche.
I am a virgo sun, taurus moon and libra rising. :)
Not sure what all of that means yet, but I will!! :tongue::biggrin:
Good Morning Veronica78 and welcome to our mixed-ability astrological learning forum :smile:

FREE ONLINE STUDY RESOURCE WITH ASTROLOGICAL INFO ON
PLANETS, SIGNS, HOUSES

Sun
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun.html

Virgo http://www.skyscript.co.uk/virgo.html

Moon http://www.skyscript.co.uk/moon.html

Taurus http://www.skyscript.co.uk/taurus.html

Libra http://www.skyscript.co.uk/libra.html

1st House http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
Hi Veronica78, with those astrological features I would say you are determined to understand the science and art of astrology and match it to a 'T' :)

Please feel free to post and ask lots of questions, its how we all got started, by asking questions.

Noel

Nathan

Hi Veronica78

I have read that Jupiter in Cancer makes for great cooks :)

I have also heard that Cancer on the MC may make you someone that can easily "mother" the world--and with Jupiter along with that may in turn add a certain amount of "guru" to the recipe :)

Noting your Taurus Moon and furthermore your Virgo Sun gives me the impression that your very talented with food :)

Your sun ultimately falls in your 12th house which can work well with your Jupiter MC and so with your astrological endeavors as a free flow of imagination is characteristic of 12th house planets. They say the 12th house is the house of archetypes! This lends to the opinion of some astrologers that Pisces, Neptune and the 12th house are key energies to the practice of astrology. Of course this is best balanced by the opposite Virgo challenge of analytical and precise thinking of which you must have affinities with.

Best

Nathan

JUPITERASC

Hi Veronica78

I have read that Jupiter in Cancer makes for great cooks :)

I have also heard that Cancer on the MC may make you someone that can easily "mother" the world--and with Jupiter along with that may in turn add a certain amount of "guru" to the recipe :)

Noting your Taurus Moon and furthermore your Virgo Sun gives me the impression that your very talented with food :)

Your sun ultimately falls in your 12th house which can work well with your Jupiter MC and so with your astrological endeavors as a free flow of imagination is characteristic of 12th house planets.

They say the 12th house is the house of archetypes!

This lends to the opinion of some astrologers
that Pisces, Neptune and the 12th house are key energies to the practice of astrology. Of course this is best balanced by the opposite Virgo challenge of analytical and precise thinking of which you must have affinities with.

Best

Nathan
clearly astrologers have their own personal opinions :smile:

'....The 12th house represents matters that are hidden, restrained, secret, incapable of action or of being fully understood.
Traditionally, it is a wholly unfortunate house, associated with sad events, sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation,
captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
12th represents places that are denied access to public view, particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation,
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style, such as institutions or prisons.

Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house as places of isolation,
but otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house which represents religious concerns.
12th has rulership over scandals generally, personal fears and skeletons in the family closet......'

12th significations include secret, unknown enemies,
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours or inform secretly against them:
traitors, spies
weakness, infirmity and bondage.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

Nathan

Hello Jupiter :)

Thank you for that. I was waiting for someone to open the can of worms on the 12th house stuff :p I always carefully sail the 12th house cosmic oceans.

I find it helpful in the developmental sense to see the good things in the 12th house even though it is, as you have shown, an area which supports "self-undoing". One of the reason for this is that it is a cadent house (for those who don't know what cadent means it represents the mutable houses: 3rd/Gemini, 6th/Virgo, 9th/Sagittarius and finally 12th/Pisces). In cadent houses the inherent challenge is to gather the mental resources and LEARN. If we walk around the circle we notice that each of these houses has an association with learning or the mental faculties. The element gives further insight into the learning process. With the 12th house for example, a water house, we could expect this to be a learning of an emotional kind. For the most part, this formation of knowledge has the inherent challenge of developing compassion and spirituality. However, the facility of this challenge is often contested and rightly so. And we know that most people experience difficulty integrating their 12th house planets which ultimately contributes to the lower (less favorable) characteristics of the 12th house.

One thing to add here is that one should identify if the person lacks earth elements or has a weak Saturn because these are often indicators of an incapacity to "ground" the 12th house planets. In Veronica's case, both her luminaries are in the earth element which suggests that her 12th house spiritual/emotional development could harmonize and be grounded by her practical/tangible development.

I find Stephen Arroyo's description of the 12th house in the Chart Interpretation Handbook insightful in that regard. He writes:

The twelfth house is the area of LEARNING on the EMOTIONAL and SOUL level. This learning takes place through the gradual growth of awareness that accompanies loneliness and deep suffering, through selfless service, or through devotion to a higher ideal. At the deepest level, this house indicates the urge to seek peace for the soul through surrender to a higher unity, through devotion to a transcendental idea, and through freedom from the ghosts of past thoughts and actions.

The reason why Pisces and Neptune and the 12th have a relationship to the practice of astrology is because of they are signs which involve non-logical metaphorical/poetic comprehension. The grasping of a "symbol' itself is more qualified by poetic insight than it is by logical insight. Astrology's development requires logic and Uranus-like breakthrough logic and Scorpio like perception. But all of this would go without saying if there wasn't the poetic foundation of the symbol to begin with.

I would think, then, that a twelfth house Sun would accentuate intuitive understanding--an indispensable skill for the astrologer!

All this being said, I am in no way contesting the interpretation that Jupiter has contributed. On the contrary, I am offering a perspective that tries to encapsulate the inherent challenge concerning all those areas of experience he mentioned.

Nathan

IYI

James Hillman wrote extensively on the "imaginal" (Neptune) preconditions of all experience--at length in The Thought of the Heart and the Soul of the World.

If anyone is interested, this book is an excellent and rigorous (yet poetic) investigation of the entity that houses our shared semantic project as both thinkers and practitioners of language.

http://www.amazon.ca/The-Thought-Heart-Soul-World/dp/0882143530

JUPITERASC

Hello Jupiter :)

Thank you for that.

I was waiting for someone to open the can of worms on the 12th house stuff :p

I always carefully sail the 12th house cosmic oceans.
Z

cartoon+small.jpg

Z

JUPITERASC

I find it helpful in the developmental sense to see the good things in the 12th house
even though it is, as you have shown, an area which supports "self-undoing".
One of the reason for this is that it is a cadent house
(for those who don't know what cadent means
it represents the mutable houses: 3rd/Gemini, 6th/Virgo, 9th/Sagittarius and finally 12th/Pisces).
For those who don't know, traditionally :smile:

'....The houses are not all equal in strength and power.
If a planet is located in an angular house, it is much more forceful in its effects than it would be in a cadent house.

On page 48 of Christian Astrology Lilly writes:

"The angles are most powerful, the succeedents are next in virtue, the cadents poor, and of little efficacy:
the succeedent houses follow the angles
the cadents come next [after] the succeedents.

In force and virtue they stand so in order:
1 10 7 4 11 5 9 3 2 8 6 12

The meaning whereof is this:
that two planets equally dignified
the one in the Ascendant, the other in the tenth house
you shall judge the planet in the Ascendant somewhat of more power to effect what he is significator of
than he that is in the tenth:
do so in the rest as they stand in order
remembering that planets in angles do more forcibly show their effects".....'

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html

ang.gif

Nathan

I was not expecting the bird with the can of worms: made my day :p

http://nakedastrology.blogspot.ca/2007/12/living-with-and-loving-12th-house-moon.html

A good personal testimony to some twelfth house experience.

I'm going out on a random limb here but a cool thing I was told by an astrologer who attended various UAC events is that someone with a lot of 12th house planets may in turn come off as someone peculiarly known, as though you have met them before or are have seen them somewhere before. The explanation is that the person who sees the 12th house person sees the "archetypes" flowing and they come off as "things or people you've seen before". So, if someone has a 12th house stellium chances are a lot of people may have asked you "have we met before"?

Nathan

Neptunia

I'm going out on a random limb here but a cool thing I was told by an astrologer who attended various UAC events is that someone with a lot of 12th house planets may in turn come off as someone peculiarly known, as though you have met them before or are have seen them somewhere before. The explanation is that the person who sees the 12th house person sees the "archetypes" flowing and they come off as "things or people you've seen before". So, if someone has a 12th house stellium chances are a lot of people may have asked you "have we met before"?

Nathan

That's really interesting... I have a 12th house stellium, but I don't know if anyone has ever wondered whether we've met before or not. :biggrin:

Could be a funny thing to ask the people around me about though..

~ Neptunia

Nathan

That's really interesting... I have a 12th house stellium, but I don't know if anyone has ever wondered whether we've met before or not. :biggrin:

~ Neptunia

Hello Neptunia! Have we met before? :p

Nice to internet meet you!

I do not have a 12th stellium. However, my Solar Return 2013 allowed me to glimpse the measures of that energy. Perhaps that year I acted in ways that people could characterize as familiar.

This also could be a funny thing to ask :)

Nathan

JUPITERASC

I was not expecting the bird with the can of worms: made my day :p

http://nakedastrology.blogspot.ca/2007/12/living-with-and-loving-12th-house-moon.html

A good personal testimony to some twelfth house experience.

I'm going out on a random limb here
but a cool thing I was told by an astrologer who attended various UAC events is that
someone with a lot of 12th house planets may in turn come off as someone peculiarly known,
as though you have met them before or are have seen them somewhere before.
or alternatively may not
i.e.
consider those 'peculiarly known as though you have met them before or have seen them somewhere before'
who have no planets in 12th
:smile:
The explanation is that the person who sees the 12th house person sees the "archetypes" flowing
and they come off as "things or people you've seen before".
So, if someone has a 12th house stellium chances are a lot of people may have asked you "have we met before"?

Nathan
chances equally are
that those with stelliums in a house other than 12th
may have been asked by many people "have we met before"?
So that 'explanation' is clearly flawed

JUPITERASC

~ Neptunia
Important distinction is

not
whether people have wondered whether they've met you before

but
whether 'a lot of people have asked :smile: you "have we met before?"'

So, if someone has a 12th house stellium

chances are

a lot of people

may have asked you "have we met before"?

Nathan

Nathan

Jupiter,

You are right!

But to be honest I didn't hear the story of the 12th house stellium in such a serious way. The story itself was rather anecdotal in my opninion--it must be a 12th-house-person kind of thing to say.

Nevertheless, I commend you for contributing air to the watery anecdote :)

Nathan

Veronica78

Hi Nathan and everyone!

So I was re-reading everything and Nathan, my sun actually falls in my 11th house (virgo), along with Mercury, north node, and saturn! I have Pluto in my 12th sextile neptune in my 2nd.
I hope that I am saying all of my terms correctly.
Thank you all for the posts, I absolutely LOVE reading and learning about astrology. I feel as though I have finally found my passion and where I fit in. Now to learn!
So I (tried) to upload my chart if anyone wants to keep discussing! I have learned the best way to learn astrology is to read and know your own chart first. So that is what I have been doing. So far I know the planets and houses, I am having a bit of trouble with the aspects, but Im sure that will come with more practice and reading and this forum. Hope you are all well and warm!!
Veronica

Attachments

• my chart in paint.bmp
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 31