Prince Rogers Nelson Dies at 57

Kitchy

Banned
Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things..... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things. Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.....................

Attachments

• Prince.jpg
    Prince.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 88

JUPITERASC

Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.....
Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things...

Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things. Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things....
Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things....................

In a statement, Carver County Sheriff Jim Olson said his deputies responded to a medical call
at about 09:43 local time (11:43 GMT)
and later found an unresponsive adult male in an elevator
at Paisley Park Studios.
First responders tried to revive him with CPR
but he was pronounced dead at 10:07.
An investigation has been opened

Kitchy

Banned
My son and I loved Prince. I stood in a 3 hour around-the-block line on Van Ness in San Francisco to see Purple Rain when it came out - I even ditched a day's work for that. When my son was coming up as a kid, I used to blast Prince on the cassette player and we would dance and groove together. We went to see him in concert in Portland around '04 when my son was 13. We talk about that show, still! When we saw him perform live, he was such a classic Gemini front man - moving from instrument to instrument on stage, being a spectacular showman and dancer and musician and instrumentalist - the whole package - it gave me a whole new-found love of him to see him in the raw.

I pulled his chart off of AD and wish it had asteroids and transits and progressions. He was only 2 1/2 years older than me. He was of the fold of Michael Jackson and Madonna in their respective astro time-lines.

He died at home/work - no foul play expected - so I'm wondering what was aspecting his vitality (sun) health (6th) and I am just thankful he died in his beloved Paisley Park. The fact that he stayed and deepened his roots in Minneapolis even after he got famous says something about moon and homeland, as well, his bio movie Purple Rain was so emotional and raw about his mom-dad and his being teased and bullied as a kid - short and slight and 'funny looking' and mixed race.

Not without controversy - he had a few rows and bad blood with a lot of people who worked with him. His bucking of authority with Sony - problems with contract negotiated, led him to put out his next albums as "The Artist Formally Known As......" in rebellion to the record label that he didn't want dictating, or capitalizing on, his artistry. As well, the whole bondage/locking in Sinead O'Connor at Paisley Park was quite a scandal that he escaped with no criminal charges as best I recall. He wrote the most beautiful song for her - which became her signature hit.

He was fascinating - and I learned later in 2000's that he had converted to Jehovah's Witnesses faith and actually went out into service with his fellow members in Minneapolis neighborhoods.

He and his wife bore a child with a severe birth disability.

He was secretive, yet wide open. Small of stature and fragile in appearance, and according to others - athletes, performers, business associates - he was extremely athletic - a natural and gifted athlete and competitor. A contradiction, an enigma. There was a vulgar sexuality about him that was compelling and angry, as well as a very feminine quality - however, by all accounts, he was a 'guys guy' - in spite of make up, flouncy jackets, tight slacks, high heels and make-up. He was a devotee of James Brown, "the hardest working man in show business" - and one of Prince's signature conditions, was that he was a workaholic, slave driver, discontent with anything not considered perfection. His work ethic has been shared in many stories told by those who worked with him, for him, and around him.

As I can't see his chart in duplicity with this post on my computer without losing this screen at the moment - I have to review it and look for some Uranus / Pluto contacts and of course his Moon, if the time of birth is posted.

Thanks for joining in guys - and please take a look at the chart and offer your thoughts and astro knowledge on PRINCE, if you would.

My favorite song of emotion he wrote, Nothing Compares 2 U, will be saved for play when it's been 7 hours and 15 days from today. My favorite song to dance and get down to is by far, his most brilliant song -

P.S. - Jupiter - thank you for including the time of death. Another chart to come....

Last edited:

soratothamax

His Saturn return was coming up to....huh.

Gone too soon, RIP.

Bowie and now Prince. 2016, wtf.

OH, when Bowie left I cried so long, and then held on to Prince. Now what talented, experimental artists can top them? Though Bowie was older than Prince and passed his Saturn Return.

Last edited:

sibylline

Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things..... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things. Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.... Sometimes, you just don't want to hear these things.....................

Indeed.

I guess I would have heard the news sooner or later. I just feel deeply saddened when music icons pass. I was hoping, "It's probably another Prince Nelson. The name can't be that uncommon."

sibylline

About his chart: I've always thought it was one of the most amazing I've ever seen. Even without knowing he was I would have thought, "This person is one of a kind; someone I would want to know."

His Moon is conjunct my Venus by minutes, so the fondness makes sense. Kitchy, is your VIP conjunct his Moon as well?

CapAquaPis

RIP Prince. :sad: He had talent, style and grace. I remember when Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston passed on, and the suicide of Kurt Cobain, murders of Selena and TuPac (and his rival the Notorious BIG) in the 1990s.

Prince, along with Michael Jackson and Madonna were born in the summer of 1958: Prince in June (Gemini), Madonna in Aug 16th (Leo) and Michael Jackson in Aug 29th (Virgo). Whatever was going on in the universe determined these 3 to rise into music stardom, we can discuss it since we're on topic about Prince.

ukdesifem

hmmmmm...... I can see how and why he was as big as we was.

Jupiter in 11th (friends/associates) in Libra (balance, harmony).

Venus in 6th domicile in Taurus (public service/beauty/aesthetics).

MC in Leo (showness, being out there, open occupations), exact conjunct on Pluto (higher power/leadership), and near conjunct with Regulus (Star of kings) which in 1957 was approximately 28 Leo.

TN in 12th house, and Mercury in 7th and Sun in 8th (Gemini).

I can see how and why he became a singer, possibly with Pluto in Leo, MC in Leo and Regulus in tight conjunction. He at least was a highly ambitious person, and perhaps wanted to be an artist from an early age (Venus/6th).

Still, a shame that he died, and i'll be playing Purple Rain as much as possible today in mourning. :/ :)

wilsontc

Staff member
Keep it to astrology, to All

All,

Please keep this thread focused on astrology. If you want to give your personal Prince restrospective tribute, do it in the Chat forum.

Back to astrology,

Tim

Kitchy

Banned
Okay, thank you Tim - that was/is my intention for this Thread . As you can see, there is a natal and event chart posted, and I view this thread as a 'work in progress' for myself and others who would like to offer their astrological opinions.

As you might see in my 2nd post - I highlighted significant "indicators" of Prince's talent/skills/etc - with the intent of breaking them down to study points.

I will delete the link to his song which I posted, since it may not be considered astrological.

SO..........

Shall we discuss the natal chart and how/where we might find the following Talking Points in it?

Possible Astrological Indicators in Natal Chart.....

showman and dancer and musician and instrumentalist
mars critical degree aries on 5th cusp - a "creator/creative force"
ruler of Asc conjunct MC. his persona was powerfully embraced by the masses and was his unique signature.

died at home/work
moon in 4th - end of life circumstance

homeland
moon in 4th - never left Minneapolis as "home"
feminine quality
ruler of 7th venus in 6th - opposing neptune 12th - he dressed in feminized matter, wore make up that diffused his masculinity

bucking of authority / rebellion

problems with contracts negotiated
ruler of 7th house Venus squaring Uranus

bondage/locking in others
moon/pluto opposition - 'possessing' 'not letting go'
saturn trine pluto - from 10th to 2nd - power of belief that others were 'possessions'?
sun-saturn opposition - from 2nd to 8th

child with a severe birth disability died a week after birth

converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

secretive, reclusive
neptune in 12th conjunct n.node. the aura of mystery - hiding from the world - and considering his public and private persona of Asc ruler on 10th trining neptune in 12th with node - his fitting destiny to live in the neptunian way of two different worlds.

Small of stature and fragile
in appearance
Asc ruler square Saturn in 2nd - restrictions and limitations due to his physical size. As well, 5th house Mars squaring Saturn in 2nd - I would guess that he may have even had an eating disorder or very limited diet, given Mars rulership of 6th house as well.

extremely athletic
shown by critical degree mars in Aries on 5th with the quinx to Pluto 10th - it seemed to be well known by others in his career, but not something he was ever given credit for other than in passing.

vulgar sexuality
Sun in 8th in mercurial gemini opposing Saturn - it was probably impossible for him to restrain the constant mental stimulation of his own sexuality.

These are just starting points for discussion - general at best - hope others will add in more depth and thanks to those who have already offered some insights into the natal chart.

Last edited:

ukdesifem

I think his oppositions were telling.

Despite his fame, he seemed a very troubled person, right up until the end.

Some even speculated he had HIV, which whilst possibly not true, it could have been telling since he had lots of tensions.

deanna

Attached are his transits for yesterday.

Both transiting retro Mars and Saturn were opposing his sun.

He had hip problems for a long time and he refused surgery on both his hips. - due to his belief of no blood transfusions - He was a Jehovah witness.

Not getting his hips fixed effected his whole body as well as how did he dealt with pain - etc.

Thank-you for starting this thread. I live in Minneapolis and Prince is loved beyond words.

View attachment 59505

Last edited:

deanna

Okay, thank you Tim - that was/is my intention for this Thread . As you can see, there is a natal and event chart posted, and I view this thread as a 'work in progress' for myself and others who would like to offer their astrological opinions.

As you might see in my 2nd post - I highlighted significant "indicators" of Prince's talent/skills/etc - with the intent of breaking them down to study points.

I will delete the link to his song which I posted, since it may not be considered astrological.

SO..........

Shall we discuss the natal chart and how/where we might find the following Talking Points in it?

Possible Astrological Indicators in Natal Chart.....

showman and dancer and musician and instrumentalist
mars critical degree aries on 5th cusp - a "creator/creative force"
ruler of Asc conjunct MC. his persona was powerfully embraced by the masses and was his unique signature.

died at home/work
moon in 4th - end of life circumstance

homeland
moon in 4th - never left Minneapolis as "home"
feminine quality
ruler of 7th venus in 6th - opposing neptune 12th - he dressed in feminized matter, wore make up that diffused his masculinity

bucking of authority / rebellion

problems with contracts negotiated
ruler of 7th house Venus squaring Uranus

bondage/locking in others
moon/pluto opposition - 'possessing' 'not letting go'
saturn trine pluto - from 10th to 2nd - power of belief that others were 'possessions'?
sun-saturn opposition - from 2nd to 8th

child with a severe birth disability died a week after birth

converted to Jehovah's Witnesses

secretive, reclusive
neptune in 12th conjunct n.node. the aura of mystery - hiding from the world - and considering his public and private persona of Asc ruler on 10th trining neptune in 12th with node - his fitting destiny to live in the neptunian way of two different worlds.

Small of stature and fragile
in appearance
Asc ruler square Saturn in 2nd - restrictions and limitations due to his physical size. As well, 5th house Mars squaring Saturn in 2nd - I would guess that he may have even had an eating disorder or very limited diet, given Mars rulership of 6th house as well.

extremely athletic
shown by critical degree mars in Aries on 5th with the quinx to Pluto 10th - it seemed to be well known by others in his career, but not something he was ever given credit for other than in passing.

vulgar sexuality
Sun in 8th in mercurial gemini opposing Saturn - it was probably impossible for him to restrain the constant mental stimulation of his own sexuality.

These are just starting points for discussion - general at best - hope others will add in more depth and thanks to those who have already offered some insights into the natal chart.

Thank-you !

Also I am not surprised at the Scorpio Asc. - extremely intense and sexy!

The Neptune in the 12th gives him the other world feel - as well as being very intuitive.

Both Bob Dylan and Prince have Mercury in Gemini. Mercury is at home here which makes for amazing lyricist!

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
As more news/info comes in - it is indicating that Prince was heavily dependent on Percocet, a pain-killer/opiate.

As well, he was reported to have said "wait a few days before you start saying prayers" (or something to that effect).

Additionally, and at least, according to info I've seen - Prince's parents divorced when he was 8 years old and he felt 'abandoned' by his mother. Moon-Pluto. As well, it is written that he moved homes some 30 times during childhood, which would explain his determination to find a fixed-place for home that he would never leave. Moon on 4th house Uranus-ruled cusp - but no indication of Moon Uranus aspect nor Moon-Saturn - however Moon ruled by Neptune which squared Uranus.

sibylline

secretive, reclusive

I'll add -- Sun in the 8th and Moon in the 4th/conjunct IC. Strong indicators of a reclusive personality.

vulgar sexuality

Also, Aries Mars in the 5th at the Aries Point. Intense sexual drive, and also the desire and potential to bring that sexuality to the grand stage.

Kitchy

Banned
Indeed! He had no stop button when it came to straightforward sexuality - not even gender specific.

I am going to add a transit/progressed chart to his natal. I'm interested in knowing what was going on when he and his wife lost their child at one week as well as the hip replacement surgery he had which may have led to his dependency on pain-killers. A new hip and a bad habit for the price of one?

Sib - I ditched the previous post where you asked about his moon relation - because it was mixed up with a picture quote that was "non astrological" - but no, his Moon didn't aspect my VIP but his Sun did conjunct my VIP. His Moon Touch for me was the conjunction it made to my chiron-south node pisces in 8th as well as the square/opp to my moon-pluto-node Gem/Virgo 2/11.

One could determine from that, that he had a profound effect on me, personally - which is why I offfered up this thread.

PRINCE's music made me want to dance. I couldn't help myself then or now. He must have "checked-in" with every Neptunian or Pisces in the world, eh?