Pluto square Pluto

Neptune Rising

Thanks for taking time to explain, Frank.

I do feel the energy of Pluto quite strongly in my life so I feel its an important energy for me to observe over these next few years. Pluto rules my 11th and 12th house, non-traditionally, so in my own experimental way, I'll just observe what comes up.

test

Banned
I had pluto going through Sag. Transiting from the first to the second. However it was t-squaring first uranus opp mars- thats when it hit the fan, before moving on to directly t-sqaure a pluto/moon/mc conj that also happened to oppose chiron on the ic. Very dark times.

DreamingTheSeas

I have experienced tr. Pluto (in my 1st house) square natal Pluto back in 2006 early 2007. It was hard on my marriage, we had a major crisis, but we survived.

Claire19

Do you have Pluto square Pluto stories?

I am curious to how this transit plays out in people's lives.

In one person I know, their chart has Sun square Pluto natally. They are experiencing Pluto square Pluto now, its not conjuncted Sun yet but has aspected Pluto. They are going through alot, embarking on a course that will change their life as well as having intense power struggles with their ex partner. The power struggles seem to be heading towards a head, seeing it from the outside, it almost seems like some sort of test for them to take hold of their own power.

My Pluto is at the MC, 9 degrees Libra, trine Mercury and Venus, inconjunct Moon and sextile Ascendant/North node/Neptune. The lunar nodes are the most exact degrees, at 9 Gem/Sag with Nep at 10, Merc 11 and Venus 12, Moon 6 Pisces. I've no idea what to expect, something to do with my career maybe. I am working freelance and its picking up, I have a feeling it will pick up more next year, maybe that will be the Pluto challenge to empower myself. My aspects to Pluto from personal planets are by trine so perhaps the transit will be more easier for me, lol it is Pluto though, nothing is so easy there! :lol:

Also, the solar eclipse of this summer was at 9 degree Cancer, interestingly the transiting Pluto next year will exactly oppose this degree. This eclipse degree triggered my natal Pluto and Midheaven and was in my 7th house. I did meet someone who took an unusual interest in my career, a complete stranger who wanted to help me. Nothing has come of that yet and I didn't pursue it as I've been too busy but I'm sure the transiting Pluto will trigger whatever that eclipse signified for my chart...
We need the charts with transits and progressions. All this data is tedious and hard to retain so post a visual chart for more responses...

Neptune Rising

Lol, Pluto is one degree from exact now. I'm finding with transits, at one degree things happen more than the exact. Pluto rules my 12th house as well as 11th, I dream't about the mafia a few nights ago, not sure if they were with me or against me. Seems quite Plutonian to me. The psychology of Pluto fascinates me. As Pluto also seems very much linked with my career, which is now yoga teaching, I find it fascinating that fate seems to be guiding me to teach yoga in a certain way ____________________________________________________ I used to jog alot but through this, I have damaged my knees (I think thats a Capricornian trait too), and been practicing yoga for over two decades but only just realised that my knee patella is actually misaglined. Due to wear and tear, I am now reasearching ways to use yoga as a rehabilitation and restorative therapy rather that the aerobic activity that seems to be becoming a fast fad and incuring injuries amongst some western practitioners who view is more as an exercise with the 'no pain/no gain' viewpoint.__________________________I am wondering if this is part of the restructing that Pluto square Pluto is bringing to me. As shows in my linked chart, Pluto sits on the 9th house side of my 10th cusp, deposior is Venus, ruler of the 10th. Thanks to my currently dodgy knees, my whole philosophy of yoga, practice and teaching, is undergoing a radical change. I have been stopped in my tracks, literally due to pain, and forced to re-think the way I do yoga and the way I teach it. (sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my current internet programme is preventing the use of paragraphs or spacingm so I've used lines______).

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

This transit so far is quite interesting. I have a new yoga client, private client in a clinic that I applied for cover teaching last summer. Pluto rules my 12th house, and the dream I had last night was so descriptive of power. It was a flying dream. Lol, I was flying across the country on my yoga mat. At times, it was hard to control and I thought I would crash, but I managed to get it up to a safe level again. I've not had a flying dream for years and year! Apparently, flying dreams are lucid dreams and are symbolic of how we control our power in our lives. To maintain a safe flight is having control of our lives, falling or obstacles are obstacles and things that may stand in our way, or our feeling of lack of power. :w00t:

Oh, and I also posed in my birthday suit for an artist sketches, which was very empowering (Pluto trines my Aquariun Venus/Mercury).

Flying dreams

Neptune Rising

As well as the empowering flying dream, this day has included finally being released from a deeply held tension within my body. I have always been scared of seeing an osteopath but have had a few problems with various parts of my body and joints. I had my first visit to an osteo who attends my yoga classes once a week. He did various manipulations, and the sense of release was amazing. I actually feel my power coming back to me and this is very much a part of the process. Moon was also square Sun, final quarter, today, which aspects my natal Sun and Mars, all at around 25 degrees. This physical problem has held me back for so long, but the release in combination with my own yoga teaching and learnings will help me in the long run in what I teach to others. Funny thing was, I had a dream about this osteo at the weekend, telling me what was wrong with me and how he would fix it. Its the only osteo I have ever trusted to fix my bones!

Pluto, sits in my 9th house but just near the MC, ruled by Venus. Venus rules my 10th, 5th an 6th house. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

junoisuppose

Neptune Rising, I think I'm a little over a year younger than you but I also have natal pluto at 9 degrees libra on account of it retrograding and not moving that fast.

My pluto is 9 degrees 14 libra in the 1st house, transiting pluto is going through my 4th house. I've been quite worried about this transit coming up, and still am. So far it's been about family values clashing with my plutonian magnetism, and family members going through serious illness.

But one lighter side of it, yesterday, February 24th, when pluto reached 9 degrees 0 I attempted to dye my hair to cover the greys. But the effect of using dark brown hair dye on already dark brown hair is not to turn it brown but to turn it distinctly black. I look like Willow did in Buffy the Vampire Slayer when she went through her evil phase!

So I can verify that what Claire 19 said about it affecting appearance is true.

What worries me is that I also have venus at 9 degrees 7 leo, mars at 9 degrees 23 virgo, the north node at 9 degrees 10 scorpio and the vertex at 9 degrees 46 pisces, so it will be affecting all these as well. And on the day that pluto is trine my natal mars (ruler of my 8th house) transiting mars is also exactly conjunct mars, with transiting jupiter and transiting lilith also being 9 degrees something on that day.:unsure:

Claire19

Hi neppy!!! I went thro it and during that time my health suffered...I have natal pluto in 3rd and it was sqauring my 6th house..Placidus but in whole sign it was 7th but my health really suffred..its only Now that its getiin better..I had chronic bladder infections,and reproductive issues and then deveopled IBS!!!....ALl very plutonian in nature!!! I looked at my progressedc chart and it seems pluto is behaving and prolly why im feeling better and gettin over stuff one by one!!! Its trined to saturn and mars progressivly..I started eating right and exercising and still doing it and droppin some weight!!

But it was a very very hard one for me!!
I had a 3rd house to 6th house Pluto and I had health problems especially of the eliminative organs. I also had backbiting and underhandedness in the workplace and when it was not really happening I was waiting for it, so paranoid.

It is always a heavy one that calls for major transformations. Another strike against whole sign method as you could see it was a 6th house matter.

junoisuppose

Also pluto rules scorpio which is the sign on the cusp of my third house, and in the last 14 months there have been 2 very high profile murders in locations that I regularly frequented. (I realise that might not sound like much if you live in a very dangerous inner city area, but I don't, one of the murders was where I live, which is quite rural, the other where I worked, in a posh and supposedly safe part of town).

Neptune Rising

Neptune Rising, I think I'm a little over a year younger than you but I also have natal pluto at 9 degrees libra on account of it retrograding and not moving that fast.

My pluto is 9 degrees 14 libra in the 1st house, transiting pluto is going through my 4th house. I've been quite worried about this transit coming up, and still am. So far it's been about family values clashing with my plutonian magnetism, and family members going through serious illness.

But one lighter side of it, yesterday, February 24th, when pluto reached 9 degrees 0 I attempted to dye my hair to cover the greys. But the effect of using dark brown hair dye on already dark brown hair is not to turn it brown but to turn it distinctly black. I look like Willow did in Buffy the Vampire Slayer when she went through her evil phase!

So I can verify that what Claire 19 said about it affecting appearance is true.

What worries me is that I also have venus at 9 degrees 7 leo, mars at 9 degrees 23 virgo, the north node at 9 degrees 10 scorpio and the vertex at 9 degrees 46 pisces, so it will be affecting all these as well. And on the day that pluto is trine my natal mars (ruler of my 8th house) transiting mars is also exactly conjunct mars, with transiting jupiter and transiting lilith also being 9 degrees something on that day.:unsure:

Very interesting, I'm happy to hear from you! Same Pluto almost to the minute! I've been having a very interesting time. I also been dying my hair, Pluto is transiting my 1st house, but my natural hair is already brown so its quite dark brown now, but I kind of like this colour.

Also though, my body is undergoing an incredible transformation that stems from deep psychological issues deeply embedded in my life. The way I have figured it out so far, I've had low self esteem much of my life, which has affected the way that I hold myself. I also practice yoga alot which tends to bring our imbalances to our awareness, in my case, I subtly stood with a slight sway back which over the years has built up to give problems to my lower back, resulting in a few vertebras really hurting. I wasnt aware of this until this month when I went to the teacher that I took a teacher training course with. He simply moved my ribcage to show me how I was holding myself. I also have been having problems with my knees, due to my postural problems as well as jogging alot for about 5 or so years, as well as having tight back muscles, sometimes headaches. Pluto is transiting in Capricorn and Cap rules my 2nd house (body), so I'm wondering if this is effecting my body through that.

A physio therapist attends my yoga classes (Im a qualified teacher) so I asked him if he could look at my knee. I've seen him twice this month, but I have discovered soo much about how everything is connected and how I can finally fix myself! I realise how much the posture is related to the emotions, not just intelectually but actually in real life - where the real lessons are ingrained. I truly feel the transformative powers of Pluto acting in my life, I also realise how much work I have to put in to fix this physical and emotional problems that have been plaguing me. Until now, I wished so much to find someone who could help me with heal on this journey, but only now found this person and I'm soo grateful. And guess what, he is a Scorpio. :smile:

I also have had realisations about my own relationships with people, where I am going wrong and how this differs so much with the path I want to be on. I just keep observing these realisations, so much lately, and though its also painful I know its helping me heal so much.

Pluto is squaring Pluto in Libra. I also have north node at 9 Sagitarius, Moon at 6 Pisces. Natal Pluto is trine Venus/Mercury which rule my 5th, 6th, 7th, 9th and 10th houses. Pluto rules my 12th. All of this information is helping me transform my yoga teaching, empowering it. I am fast becoming more and more knowledgable about the whole anatomy and the body, what affects what and how to fix or work with it. I'm considering taking a yoga therapy teacher training course, which would qualify me as a yoga therapist as well as a yoga teacher, just mulling over where to take it. I'm also getting more and more classes being offered to me. Its an incredible journey.

I also have been hanging out a bit with a guy who drew me but also showed me a totally different way of viewing art, which changes my own life perspective. He literally has been showing me a different way of viewing the world. People like that don't come along everyday, so I'm grateful to meet these people now.

I'm also interested in the day when Venus/Jupiter/Lilith are all at 9 degree Taurus, in trine with Mars at 9 degree Virgo and Pluto at 9 Cap. I think Moon and n node will be at 9 Sag but check on that. Its in the next few months, maybe March...

Last edited:

junoisuppose

It is interesting to hear what you're learning, and also it shows that a pluto square pluto usually isn't just a single aspect, it is usually making other aspects too.

Maybe it's because it is natally in your 9th house that you're getting a lot of new knowledge, and because it is conjunct your MC that relates to your career, although the other aspects transiting pluto is making, and the other aspects natal pluto makes in your chart bring in other things. And pluto transiting your first house, it makes sense that your lessons are coming from learning about yourself, your appearance and your body (although some people might place the body as a 6th house thing).

From what I know about pluto it is about deep, life-altering experiences.

The day I'm worried about is March 15th 2012 - pluto will be trine mars in virgo at 9 degrees 23. Jupiter and Lilith are nine degrees something, but don't form an exact aspect that day, Venus will be at 10 degrees, having been at 9 degrees taurus on the 14th. Mercury, Uranus and Chiron are also making aspects to pluto that day, although not exact, so we can probably expect some major world events to happen around then, maybe involving land or money because of the grand earth trine.

Neptune Rising

One thing Im curious about it the direct and retrograde passes. My Plutos retrograde, im curious if that will have a difeent feel to it. Back later when i get to my computer.

Neptune Rising

From what I know about pluto it is about deep, life-altering experiences.

The day I'm worried about is March 15th 2012 - pluto will be trine mars in virgo at 9 degrees 23. Jupiter and Lilith are nine degrees something, but don't form an exact aspect that day, Venus will be at 10 degrees, having been at 9 degrees taurus on the 14th. Mercury, Uranus and Chiron are also making aspects to pluto that day, although not exact, so we can probably expect some major world events to happen around then, maybe involving land or money because of the grand earth trine.

Yes Pluto is very deep. I find it makes me very introspective, I am usually anyway but more so during Pluto transits and moreso now. I feel a meditative energy, if I could I'd go on another 10 day silent meditation retreat, but work is making me busy.

Ah, I see the date 13th of March when Venus/Jupiter/Lilith are all at exactly 9 degree Taurus - Mars at 9 Virgo. I guess the days building up to this will be interesting. Also interesting as Mars is in square with the 'bends' (square with the nodes) which as far as I know, brings fateful events. Fated.... I wouldn't worry about it, this one looks quite nice, with Venus/Juptier both together in harmony in Taurus.

I am also especially curious as to triggers to last summers eclipse at 9 degrees Cancer. This solar eclipse was in square to the natal Pluto. Mars will come along and trigger square to this eclipse point when it reaches 9 degrees Libra, but that's not until 18/19th July. Oh, and transiting Uranus will be opposite at 9 degrees Aries also on those dates. :w00t: Lol, plus tr Chiron is at 9 Pisces.

Lol, for me, there is a new Moon exactly opposite my natal Sun, plus this new Moon is conjunct my Eros/Vertex. I guess i'll enjoy the peace and meditative calm while I still have it! :w00t:

Neptune Rising

Lol, I am getting the Death card alot in my tarot card readings, very Plutonian but often with successful cards afterwards.

With Pluto in my 9th/10th house areas, and deposited by Venus ruler of my 10th house (also 5th and 6th), I feel this will affect my career path. I teach yoga to someone who mentioned that I should do a yoga therapy course, to qualify as a yoga therapist as well as a yoga teacher which is something thats been on my mind for a good few years. I realise today, this would be a total transformation of my career if I do eventually do the course. I recall when I discovered the yoga teacher training course, it took me about a year from discover to acutally being able to do it. It will probably take me a year to research, find funding and time and the right course of yoga therapy training - which coincides with the various direct and retrograde squares of Pluto. Yoga therapy is very much looking beneath the surface to find the root cause of specific ailments and to work with that discovery in the healing process - very Pluto-like.

I thought I'd add a link that I found to someone's experience of this transit.
Feeling very intense right now, wondering which direction my life is going when I thought I was already on the right track. Really realising the need to 'let go'.

http://blackunykorn.blogspot.com/2010/12/mid-life-transits-pluto-square-pluto-34.html

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

One thing that sums up this period seems to be "survival instinct". I feel im gathering necessary tools, more that i already had, that will enable me to stand firm as an individual. Ive always been a softie, but find that side of myself really changing, transforming. There are things my estranged father said to me when i was 8 years old, things my mums longterm partner said to me, things that hurt or seem intended to hurt me, things like that that they told me not to tell my mum and me being soft/seeing the best in people, obeyed. My mum and dad divorced when i was 7 or 8. My dad went off with mrs A with a girl my age. Mrs A was married to Mr B prior to that. Decade later, through me getting pneumonia, my mum met up with Mr B, they are together now. Mrs A did all she could to get me out my dads life, and succeeded, he doesnt talk to me now...long story. Lots of buried and painful things surfacing now, some i shared with my mum but all this i believe empower me to now stand up to my mums partner who has also tried to shut me out of my mums life. Lol, i am almost a black sheep, maybe i am! Its so hard, but a necessary process.

Lol, im also slightly biting my fingernail because this first direct square may just be planting seeds to unfold later. I think it makes 5 exact passes square - this i feel is the tip of the iceberg of survival instinct!

Claire19

Pluto doesn't "rule" a Sign, or by extrapolation, Houses. Mars is the Domicile ruler of both Aries and Scorpio.

See my post here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17099

it's rather tedious repeating myself, but in the interest of education I will do it.
no Pluto rules Scorpio. A planet does not rule two signs. Mars was ascribed to Scorpio before Pluto was re-discovered, yes it was known to some ancients.. It may be co ruler but I hardly use that either.

Neptune Rising

I'm observing myself during this transit, what I feel that has been coming up very 9th house Plutonion, is loosing or transforming my faith. Pluto wipes clean what needs to go, and for me, it reminds me of the REM song 'Loosing my Religion'. I'm not religious, but over the years I've accumulated some beliefs, but recently, I feel they are all being disintegrated and broken down, in a very Plutonian way. I seem to be left with the bare basics of self belief. No outside things are available for me to draw faith from. On Facebook, I see posts of people who believe in angels, aliens, all sorts of external things. For me, none of those apply, the only faith (9th house) I can access is my own internal reserve, which is also being broken down and changed. It is very much a journey into Hades mythical underworld, where you have to go completely naked. From there, you are cleansed of what no longer matters or is needed for you on this journey, then reborn. I'm in the underworld stage at this time. As a side note, my cynicism has increased, and sense of British dry humour is being very finely tuned. :p This could also be due to Pluto being parallel to my natal Mercury/Venus also at this time.