Two miscarriages - what is wrong?

star2858

I have been trying to conceive for around eight months. My own analysis was making me suspicious of my potential to conceive. As it turns out - i was right. I have had two consecutive miscarriages, both early on and both without reason (despite some fertility testing).

However, what concerns me even more is that i am currently going through my saturn return at the moment. I feel that this is causing all this devastating stuff to happen and i feel really negative, low and depressed at the moment. This is exacerbated by the grand square saturn forms from the 7th house to the 5th house planets. Also, what concerns me is that the mean node is transiting with Jupiter and that a transiting uranus is angling my natal Moon. I feel that things are only going to get worse.

I also feel that i am heavily obstructed by the fact that my natal chart is not 'conducive' to having children - heavy virgo presence, leo on the fifth house, venus in its fall sign, moon in aries in the 12th...

Is anyone able to offer any light on my chances in this area?

Therefore, i would like other to shed light on:

- which pointers could suggest miscarriage in transits?
- problems conceiving?
- medical intervention with sustaining a pregnancy?
- having children despite the above difficulties

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01_kkkkkk_.jpg
    astro_24gw_01_kkkkkk_.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 66
  • astro_245gw_01_kkkkkk_transits.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_kkkkkk_transits.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 49

Julia Karmic Astrology

5h and 6h are the houses which give a good indication of reproductive issues.

Your 5th house has a great deal of creative, reproductive energy. Leo (creative) on the cusp, the Virgo (fruitful) Sun, Venus and Mars all line up to give you a wonderful creative, reproductive energy that generally flows with ease.

That is, if there are no difficult aspects to over come.
You can see your Saturn square your 5h planets.
Saturn means a delay or difficulty in terms of pregnancy.
(It does not mean no children, just a delay or difficulty.)

The 6h Pluto can also cause some reproductive difficulties.

I do not believe that your Saturn or Pluto can stop all that reproductive energy in your 5 h.

There will be a delay. And yes your Saturn return is probably adding to the delay at the present time.
Of course Saturn is also a gift, it gives us wisdom, patience, persistence.

The Jup and NN transiting your 5 h is certainly giving the Virgo reproductive stellium a big shot of
energy. But the Saturn has also been hyped up as well. I can see why you are feeling frayed around the edges.

From a karmic perspective there are reasons for the delay, that is part of your life plan.
This is emphasized by the NN transit to that house. And Saturn is the planet of karmic wisdom, helping you learn what you need to learn.

My recommendations would be for you to stay calm, hopeful, and let your tremendous 5h unfold in the time and way it needs to unfold. Your emotional state is important. Stay positive, relax, live a healthy lifestyle.

Frisiangal

Hi,
I read this concern so often on the astro. boards. I tried to find an old topic on this one with more or less the same wording as your own to pass on to you, to simply ease your mind.

Your early miscarriages are most regrettable, yet eight months is not long to try to physically conceive and hold a child. For some women it can take longer, especially if one has been on anti-conception methods for years to which the physical body needs to readjust.
The emotional issue can occur when the longing for 'I want a child to fulfil (my) life' becomes more important than the career, job, financial aspects, and many times simply the proof that one is ultimately a woman capable of conceiving. Then, there's the issue around 'it's an expected part of a relationship.'

There are many issues around why conception doesn't occur as would seem to be wished.
Some that seem to crop up time and again are:
Is a child truly wanted for itself?
Do other reasons play a more decisive role in wanting to conceive (e.g. glue to partnership issues),
fear of birth, as well as the chains of mother/parenthood that limit individual freedom,
career pressure on the male that effects libido, and/or,
male is seen as sperm donor rather than lover.
Low sperm count doesn't seem to matter. As a gyno. said, it takes only one to hit the target.:smile:

Possibly, the most important is the memory effect of the upbringing of each partner. Moon is strongly related to conception, and it also represents the emotional memory bank.

Finally, the 'esoteric' viewpoint of whether a child chooses to be born into the relationship.

In the chart shown, much could find a relationship to the above issues. The Sun's vitality of life for this period of life is immediately opposing natal Moon. One is being confronted with one's own feelings regarding one's youth (Moon ruler 3rd/4th houses; Sun ruler 5th (parent-child, love
relationships).
Sec. progressed Moon is going through the 12th house; not exactly conducive for conception right now. From early last year it would have activated the natal Moon quincunx Sun, and Sun-Venus square Uranus. What would that reveal to you regarding your own feelings regarding motherhood?
With tr. Saturn's long process through the 6th (conjunct natal Mercury....blocked tubes; conjunct Pluto....innate fears?) and now in the 7th house, was/is there some sort of restricitve pressure upon you; e.g. the time wasn't right?
With sec. progr. Mercury separating from natal Pluto, compulsive mind obsession might have been playing more of a role than any love bond.
Sec. progr. Mars is separating from the square with natal Chiron.
Sec. progr. Venus in the 6th house will soon positively aspect the s.p. Asc.-Desc. axis and natal Chiron.
Painful issues may be sorted out, leaving the path for the future clear in your head.

I don't think a heavily-loaded stellium in the 5th house, even in Virgo, means barrenness. It could, however, explain the reasons why, or in how to avoid it.:smile:

star2858

Hi,
I read this concern so often on the astro. boards. I tried to find an old topic on this one with more or less the same wording as your own to pass on to you, to simply ease your mind.

Your early miscarriages are most regrettable, yet eight months is not long to try to physically conceive and hold a child. For some women it can take longer, especially if one has been on anti-conception methods for years to which the physical body needs to readjust.
The emotional issue can occur when the longing for 'I want a child to fulfil (my) life' becomes more important than the career, job, financial aspects, and many times simply the proof that one is ultimately a woman capable of conceiving. Then, there's the issue around 'it's an expected part of a relationship.'

There are many issues around why conception doesn't occur as would seem to be wished.
Some that seem to crop up time and again are:
Is a child truly wanted for itself?
Do other reasons play a more decisive role in wanting to conceive (e.g. glue to partnership issues),
fear of birth, as well as the chains of mother/parenthood that limit individual freedom,
career pressure on the male that effects libido, and/or,
male is seen as sperm donor rather than lover.
Low sperm count doesn't seem to matter. As a gyno. said, it takes only one to hit the target.:smile:

Possibly, the most important is the memory effect of the upbringing of each partner. Moon is strongly related to conception, and it also represents the emotional memory bank.

Finally, the 'esoteric' viewpoint of whether a child chooses to be born into the relationship.

In the chart shown, much could find a relationship to the above issues. The Sun's vitality of life for this period of life is immediately opposing natal Moon. One is being confronted with one's own feelings regarding one's youth (Moon ruler 3rd/4th houses; Sun ruler 5th (parent-child, love
relationships).
Sec. progressed Moon is going through the 12th house; not exactly conducive for conception right now. From early last year it would have activated the natal Moon quincunx Sun, and Sun-Venus square Uranus. What would that reveal to you regarding your own feelings regarding motherhood?
With tr. Saturn's long process through the 6th (conjunct natal Mercury....blocked tubes; conjunct Pluto....innate fears?) and now in the 7th house, was/is there some sort of restricitve pressure upon you; e.g. the time wasn't right?
With sec. progr. Mercury separating from natal Pluto, compulsive mind obsession might have been playing more of a role than any love bond.
Sec. progr. Mars is separating from the square with natal Chiron.
Sec. progr. Venus in the 6th house will soon positively aspect the s.p. Asc.-Desc. axis and natal Chiron.
Painful issues may be sorted out, leaving the path for the future clear in your head.

I don't think a heavily-loaded stellium in the 5th house, even in Virgo, means barrenness. It could, however, explain the reasons why, or in how to avoid it.:smile:

Hi, thanks for your responses.

I also feel that there is a delay. I am aware that the moon is transiting through the 12th house and it did ring warning bells for me. Also, the uranus movements in transits are probably causing the miscarriages. Yes, i think i am thinking about this compulsively as opposed to thinking about the love side of love-making etc.

I think some time will have to pass for me to be able to carry to full -term. I feel helpless, but there is nothing else i can do.

star2858

5h and 6h are the houses which give a good indication of reproductive issues.

Your 5th house has a great deal of creative, reproductive energy. Leo (creative) on the cusp, the Virgo (fruitful) Sun, Venus and Mars all line up to give you a wonderful creative, reproductive energy that generally flows with ease.

That is, if there are no difficult aspects to over come.
You can see your Saturn square your 5h planets.
Saturn means a delay or difficulty in terms of pregnancy.
(It does not mean no children, just a delay or difficulty.)

The 6h Pluto can also cause some reproductive difficulties.

I do not believe that your Saturn or Pluto can stop all that reproductive energy in your 5 h.

There will be a delay. And yes your Saturn return is probably adding to the delay at the present time.
Of course Saturn is also a gift, it gives us wisdom, patience, persistence.

The Jup and NN transiting your 5 h is certainly giving the Virgo reproductive stellium a big shot of
energy. But the Saturn has also been hyped up as well. I can see why you are feeling frayed around the edges.

From a karmic perspective there are reasons for the delay, that is part of your life plan.
This is emphasized by the NN transit to that house. And Saturn is the planet of karmic wisdom, helping you learn what you need to learn.

My recommendations would be for you to stay calm, hopeful, and let your tremendous 5h unfold in the time and way it needs to unfold. Your emotional state is important. Stay positive, relax, live a healthy lifestyle.

Hi,

In terms of delay and difficulty, i think it is more delay. I have had some fertility checks done but they've given me the all clear. I would also associate saturn more with delay and maybe other planets more with health obstructions. Not sure.

Going to have to ride the karmic wave!

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi,

In terms of delay and difficulty, i think it is more delay. I have had some fertility checks done but they've given me the all clear. I would also associate saturn more with delay and maybe other planets more with health obstructions. Not sure.

Going to have to ride the karmic wave!

Yes I agree, feels more like a delay.

I am not surprised that your fertility results came back all clear.
As I said, your natal chart is showing good fertility.

And yes, there are some lessons here for you, so go with the flow.
Saturn has a bad rap, he is the Master Teacher, he helps us learn and grow.
His gifts of wisdom come to us via constraint and frustration.
This experience is going to give you a different perspective on children and parenting
to reflect more of your soul path as we can see from that NN transit.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I have been trying to conceive for around eight months. My own analysis was making me suspicious of my potential to conceive. As it turns out - i was right. I have had two consecutive miscarriages, both early on and both without reason (despite some fertility testing).

Did your fertility testing include any tests for blockages in the uterus? A friend of mine went through that--trying for over a year, no pregnancy, she and her husband both got the usual tests and nothing turned up wrong--but then she did some research and pushed for more tests. Turned out she had a septum--extra membrane in her uterus.

She was told that she was lucky she didn't conceive, because most women with uterine septums can conceive, but then they miscarry. Since uterine septum is typically not tested for and not suspected, they never know why they're miscarrying.

She had surgery to remove it, and now she has two children.

I highly doubt any detail that specific would show up in your natal chart, but if you have a delay in conceiving, and if your previous pregnancies both ended in miscarriage, that would be worth testing for.

rafaella

However, what concerns me even more is that i am currently going through my saturn return at the moment. I feel that this is causing all this devastating stuff to happen and i feel really negative, low and depressed at the moment. This is exacerbated by the grand square saturn forms from the 7th house to the 5th house planets. Also, what concerns me is that the mean node is transiting with Jupiter and that a transiting uranus is angling my natal Moon. I feel that things are only going to get worse.

I also feel that i am heavily obstructed by the fact that my natal chart is not 'conducive' to having children - heavy virgo presence, leo on the fifth house, venus in its fall sign, moon in aries in the 12th...

- problems conceiving?

Traditionally Virgo is barren sign and so is Leo. You'v got a stellium in Virgo, which is unfortunate. But ASC is in fertile sign Taurus, the water signs are considered to be the most fertile, and you have no water sign planet placements. I think while Tr Saturn is squaring your 5th ruler, its unlikely you will have a child. Best time is when Moon is progressing through 5th or aspecting 5th ruler from a fertile sign. Transit of Jupiter can also help, perhaps when its in Scorpio and aspecting your 5th ruler, which is a while away.

So wait for Saturn to separate from square to Sun by at least 10 degrees, perhaps even when it moves into Capricorn. The 5th sign is Virgo, so Mercury is also ruler of the baby in your chart. So good Mercury placement are also essential.

Your part of children is at 7 degree Libra,so this part will be activated at the time of conception or child birth, somehow. Venus is the dispositor of this part, so Venus is another major player and will be active during pregnancy.

Also you should ask a horary question on the horary forum, which specifically gives you yes or no answers, much better than natal. Horary chart deals with birth of the question, the chart you produce is for the time a question comes into your mind.

Frisiangal

Also you should ask a horary question on the horary forum, which specifically gives you yes or no answers, much better than natal. Horary chart deals with birth of the question, the chart you produce is for the time a question comes into your mind.

Her post was transferred from the horary to this medical section.
If she posts again on the horary board, would she need to use the time (and place) her above query was originally placed at A.W.? I would think typing it out would produce an earlier time for the original thought in her mind than that when it reached the horary section. Should that be taken into account as well?

:smile:

rafaella

Her post was transferred from the horary to this medical section.
If she posts again on the horary board, would she need to use the time (and place) her above query was originally placed at A.W.? I would think typing it out would produce an earlier time for the original thought in her mind than that when it reached the horary section. Should that be taken into account as well?

Well yes querent can use the time stamp on her post, or ask a more clear question of what she wants to know and use the new time. Even if you've been thinking about a situation the whole day, the chart is produced for the time when you finally decide to check with horary, you check the time and produce the chart for that time, not for 'the thinking process' earlier in the day. In same way, while the post was being typed out, it really doesn't matter...the time stamp for the post is sufficient to sort of send of the question 'out to the Universe'. However, if the querent wants to know when she will have a baby, I don't know if the chart will show it, as the question was more about 'why'

Last edited:

star2858

Did your fertility testing include any tests for blockages in the uterus? A friend of mine went through that--trying for over a year, no pregnancy, she and her husband both got the usual tests and nothing turned up wrong--but then she did some research and pushed for more tests. Turned out she had a septum--extra membrane in her uterus.

She was told that she was lucky she didn't conceive, because most women with uterine septums can conceive, but then they miscarry. Since uterine septum is typically not tested for and not suspected, they never know why they're miscarrying.

She had surgery to remove it, and now she has two children.

I highly doubt any detail that specific would show up in your natal chart, but if you have a delay in conceiving, and if your previous pregnancies both ended in miscarriage, that would be worth testing for.

Hi,

I know what you're talking about. I've had a few ultrasounds including internally and this has not been picked up. I was thinking about this as a possibility. I will definitely look further into it although a lot of the time, i thought septums were responsible for second trimester miscarriage, which did not happen to me (mine were both first).

star2858

Traditionally Virgo is barren sign and so is Leo. You'v got a stellium in Virgo, which is unfortunate. But ASC is in fertile sign Taurus, the water signs are considered to be the most fertile, and you have no water sign planet placements. I think while Tr Saturn is squaring your 5th ruler, its unlikely you will have a child. Best time is when Moon is progressing through 5th or aspecting 5th ruler from a fertile sign. Transit of Jupiter can also help, perhaps when its in Scorpio and aspecting your 5th ruler, which is a while away.

So wait for Saturn to separate from square to Sun by at least 10 degrees, perhaps even when it moves into Capricorn. The 5th sign is Virgo, so Mercury is also ruler of the baby in your chart. So good Mercury placement are also essential.

Your part of children is at 7 degree Libra,so this part will be activated at the time of conception or child birth, somehow. Venus is the dispositor of this part, so Venus is another major player and will be active during pregnancy.

I know what you mean. For some people saturn returns bring children but i suspected that wouldn't be the case with me. My mercury is in the 6th house in libra, ruled by virgo. I need to look into horary. I am not as familiar with this as i am with natal charts, transits and progressions - thanks.

When i had my two miscarriages, with one of them, transiting jupiter was in the fifth house and the moon was aspected the MC - i've read that planets hitting the angles are also significant.

There's nothing else i can do except to keep trying. I don't mind taking the ivf route and all that, but i think i need to try the natural way for a bit longer.

I just hope that it is not impossible for me, as i am aware that my chart is not conducive to fertility.

rafaella

I know what you mean. For some people saturn returns bring children but i suspected that wouldn't be the case with me. My mercury is in the 6th house in libra, ruled by virgo. I need to look into horary. I am not as familiar with this as i am with natal charts, transits and progressions - thanks.

When i had my two miscarriages, with one of them, transiting jupiter was in the fifth house and the moon was aspected the MC - i've read that planets hitting the angles are also significant.

There's nothing else i can do except to keep trying. I don't mind taking the ivf route and all that, but i think i need to try the natural way for a bit longer.

I just hope that it is not impossible for me, as i am aware that my chart is not conducive to fertility.

Here is some info on horary http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards

Horary gives clear accurate answers, whether you will have a baby or not. Mainly yes or no answers, but also more information can be gleaned.

Frisiangal

I think i need to try the natural way for a bit longer.

If that is truly your attitude when medical tests show that there is no medical reason not to conceive, someone/something in YOU is blocking your own chances of pregnancy. Maybe you need to look at the chart in another manner. Harsh aspects are merely challenges to old patterns that may need some revision in life for the future. You would be wrong to place the blame on the chart for the signposts it could be offering towards what might be due to other reasoning than physical within yourself.

You are in the centre of the 1st Saturn return. The square to natal 5th house (parent-child relationship) stellium is also being activated. As already said in an earlier post, you also have secondary progressed Sun opposing natal Moon. Natal MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth:) is on 2+*Leo in the 4th house square Pluto. It will have progressed sufficiently to complete the T-square.
This could all suggest that there are (oppressed) issues from the past (childhood) that need to be admitted (most difficult as it requires complete honesty from yourself), allowed to surface, and be dealt with in order to allow the path to individual maturity to occur as it should.

There's an old wives saying that girls marry their fathers; boys marry their mothers.
Is your relationship of a nature at this stage of life that warrants bringing a child into it?:sideways:

Oddity

If that is truly your attitude when medical tests show that there is no medical reason not to conceive, someone/something in YOU is blocking your own chances of pregnancy.

Modern medicine does not understand all physical causes of infertility. Nor do doctors test for all of them routinely. Nor are doctors always correct. It can be a difficult and frustrating task to try to track these things down medically, and sometimes an unsuccessful one. That doesn't mean there isn't a cause. At this point I think it's a bit premature to start blaming the lady for her own misfortunes. Perhaps we shouldn't do that at all.

Maybe you need to look at the chart in another manner. Harsh aspects are merely challenges to old patterns that may need some revision in life for the future.

That would make medical astrology pretty pointless, wouldn't it?

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi,

I know what you're talking about. I've had a few ultrasounds including internally and this has not been picked up. I was thinking about this as a possibility. I will definitely look further into it although a lot of the time, i thought septums were responsible for second trimester miscarriage, which did not happen to me (mine were both first).

If I remember correctly what my friend told me, hers wasn't caught by ultrasound, either. The test that caught it involved pumping fluid into her uterus and seeing if it came back out (it didn't). I'm not sure how far into pregnancy septums have been linked with miscarriage.

You haven't mentioned if your husband has been tested for fertility issues. Infertility is an equal opportunity problem: 40% of the time that couples have trouble conceiving, it's the man, 40% of the time it's the woman, and 20% of the time, it's both of them. And when miscarriages happen for no discernible reason, it's believed that genetic abnormalities are often involved (even if we don't have the right tests to detect them). If there are genetic abnormalities, they're as likely to come from the father as from the mother.

Was he also the father of the miscarried babies? Or did the miscarriages happen before you were with him? If there's been more than one male partner in these pregnancies, maybe it's your current one who has an infertility problem.

As far as medical astrology goes, his chart is as relevant to this issue as yours.

Osamenor

Staff member
Modern medicine does not understand all physical causes of infertility. Nor do doctors test for all of them routinely. Nor are doctors always correct. It can be a difficult and frustrating task to try to track these things down medically, and sometimes an unsuccessful one. That doesn't mean there isn't a cause. At this point I think it's a bit premature to start blaming the lady for her own misfortunes. Perhaps we shouldn't do that at all.

Very, very good points.

And to add to this: even if there are karmic issues involved, that doesn't mean it's not a physical problem. The delay and the emotional issues around the delay may be a result of the physical block against conception, whatever that block is.

JUPITERASC

- problems conceiving?
An astrological method that calculates your most fertile days each month
is said to be helpful in pinpointing the particular five days each month
when conception is most likely to occur
to improve your chances based on the astrology of the natal chart

HOW TO GENERATE CHARTS TO USE THE METHOD

astro.com's 'Extended Chart Selection' page has an option to choose 'special charts'.
A 'pop up' menu appears when a small triangle is clicked on, notice the last choice is the 'Lunar Phases Fertility Calendar'
- select that and then click to view the twelve month calendar with most likely montly conception dates for the chosen year - based on natal astrological information.

Most likely Conception dates are highlighted in red

Either a Venus or a Mars logo above each area accentuated in red
indicates whether a child conceived at that time is most probably male or female

Venus logo = Girl
Mars logo = Boy

Frisiangal

Modern medicine does not understand all physical causes of infertility. Nor do doctors test for all of them routinely. Nor are doctors always correct. It can be a difficult and frustrating task to try to track these things down medically, and sometimes an unsuccessful one. That doesn't mean there isn't a cause.

My response is based upon the aspects of the astrological chart and not
on medical science.
What I cannot understand is that, if the poster has conceived twice in 8 months, even if the babes were lost in early stages of pregnancy, how a view of 'my chart is not conducive to fertility' can arise. Surely the opposite has already been proven?
I can offer umpteen examples of women who took y-e-a-r-s to conceive.
I offered the contraception view from several family experiences. Off the pill, it took more than a year-and-a-half to conceive.
A number of examples of males with either low sperm count, too busy studying for degree, careeraholic, not ready/too old to become a father. Once 'the issues' were dealt with, all became parents.

At this point I think it's a bit premature to start blaming the lady for her own misfortunes. Perhaps we shouldn't do that at all.

Who is blaming her? That is your perspective in reading the words, yet not mine in writing them. Is it incorrect to offer alternative perspectives to viewing a chart?

Harsh aspects are merely challenges to old patterns that may need some revision in life for the future

OH! If only that were true.:sad:
How many of those with an interest in astrology go gaga:w00t::w00t::w00t: when they see harsh aspects.....especially from Moon, Saturn and Pluto....which they find difficult to , or cannot deal with?
I can offer too many examples of harsh chart aspects that have correlated with physical disorders when their energies were not used as intended, to ever doubt the validity of medical astrology.:smile:

I'll add what I deleted in my last post because Star HAD conceived.
Pluto in its own sign is in the 6th house. It's VE/UR=PL. Note their rulerships. Interesting?
Pluto is on the Ebertin anatomical degree (table available through A.W.) for the fallopian tubes.

star2858

If that is truly your attitude when medical tests show that there is no medical reason not to conceive, someone/something in YOU is blocking your own chances of pregnancy. Maybe you need to look at the chart in another manner. Harsh aspects are merely challenges to old patterns that may need some revision in life for the future. You would be wrong to place the blame on the chart for the signposts it could be offering towards what might be due to other reasoning than physical within yourself.

You are in the centre of the 1st Saturn return. The square to natal 5th house (parent-child relationship) stellium is also being activated. As already said in an earlier post, you also have secondary progressed Sun opposing natal Moon. Natal MEAN Black Moon Lilith :)lilth:) is on 2+*Leo in the 4th house square Pluto. It will have progressed sufficiently to complete the T-square.
This could all suggest that there are (oppressed) issues from the past (childhood) that need to be admitted (most difficult as it requires complete honesty from yourself), allowed to surface, and be dealt with in order to allow the path to individual maturity to occur as it should.

There's an old wives saying that girls marry their fathers; boys marry their mothers.
Is your relationship of a nature at this stage of life that warrants bringing a child into it?:sideways:

I don't know, I think there is a lot of anxiety in me. Fears perhaps that I am inept because I cannot produce a child and some of the time, i feel that i am doing it because that might be what is 'expected' of me somehow. I've always wanted children and i wanted them when i first got married almost four years ago. We only started trying eight months ago and i feel regret that i didn't start trying earlier so that i had the best chance possible.

There was also a lot of stress going on when i had the two miscarriages, particularly the first. I was in a tough job, i've started a new one since January that has calmed me down a lot.

I think Lillith might have had something to do with the miscarriages as well.

Thanks for your input