South Nodal Chart

ObsidianStar

I was wondering how many of you use the South Nodal chart as opposed to the common Natal Chart when looking into Medical Astrology?

Last edited:

katydid

The south nodal chart has a specific purpose in medical astrology, as opposed to the general influences of a natal chart.

From what I understand, the South Nodal chart shows what one's physical weaknesses and potential illnesses might be?

My South Nodal chart would have Pluto a couple of degrees from the Asc, in Leo, being squared from Scorpio and Taurus. As far as I know my heart is strong and healthy. But this makes me wonder...:sideways:

ObsidianStar

I was mostly wondering because on this forum in the medical astrology I was seeing most people speak of health based off of their Natal Chart strictly, and wondered if they had tried it with the south nodal chart as opposed to the Natal, and maybe found they didn't agree with the South Node chart.
And for Pluto to be close the the part of the chart that represents your head (from what i understand with you saying it is near the Asc line), I think that indicates more of an imbalance in the brain, though I am still brushing up on my studies on this side of astrology, since for the longest time I had been discouraged from looking into medical astrology.

katydid

I was mostly wondering because on this forum in the medical astrology I was seeing most people speak of health based off of their Natal Chart strictly, and wondered if they had tried it with the south nodal chart as opposed to the Natal, and maybe found they didn't agree with the South Node chart.
And for Pluto to be close the the part of the chart that represents your head (from what i understand with you saying it is near the Asc line), I think that indicates more of an imbalance in the brain, though I am still brushing up on my studies on this side of astrology, since for the longest time I had been discouraged from looking into medical astrology.

If so, then my kids would be right. They say I am NUTZ. :sideways:

I am not sure if I have a brain imbalance. I am 63 and it might have showed up already if it existed. But does that mean a chemical imbalance? I have always wondered about that since I am such a stubborn person sometimes.

ObsidianStar

Yeah, a chemical imbalance is what I meant. Pluto typically has to do with hormones, enzymes, and chemicals in the body from what I understand. And the spots that would normally be the 1st or 12th house in a Natal chart, represent the head area in a South Node chart.

Frisiangal

I was wondering how many of you use the South Nodal chart as opposed to the common Natal Chart when looking into Medical Astrology?

Hi,
I've been a student of medical astrology since the late 1980's. The influence of a South Nodal chart was never mentioned at the school I attended.
I remember someone once mentioning the influence of the nodes in health because of the path of the Moon across the ecliptic. A harsh Moon is much associated with the onset of any physical disorders.

By South Nodal chart do you mean its position in the natal chart or as a point in a separate chart to which natal planets may be aspected?

Would you think in terms of it meaning physical disorders brought forward from a past incarnation? The current retrograde transit of Mercury from Aquarius-Capricorn has conjoined both my natal MEAN and TRUE South nodes. This is the second astrological subject of which I was unaware that has recently brought this 'past' incarnation prospect to mind.

Natal Mars is conjunct my TRUE N.N in Cancer; Natal Pluto conjunct MEAN N.N. in Leo. Both would oppose the S.N. positions, the only aspects.
I do have some Capricorn 'chronic' issues that I have been working on for years and that have subsided in strength. Recently, had to have photos taken of the spine because of sciatica (Sagittarius)issue. I was told that the back (Leo area) is fine. Coincidence that my sec. progr. Sun has entered Leo? Physio. and exercises are doing their work in relieving nerve (Gemini)
pain from buttock to ankle (tr. Saturn opp. Uranus(ankle)!!).

Another lesson learnt.....psychologically as well as physically speaking.:smile:

katydid

Robert Jansky is the one who worked closely with South Nodal charts:

http://empyreanquest.com/esoteric/tnsa/astroonl.htm

The South Nodal or Body Chart

Carl Jansky, a respected medical astrologer, pointed to the importance of the fact that the soul enters the embryo in the womb through the top of the head. The South Node ( ) in the Natal Chart indicates possible strengths, abilities, and karma we come into this lifetime with. In the South Nodal or Body chart, the body is placed with the head at the South Node. In this chart the South Node becomes the new Ascendant. The feet are located at the North Node, and the rest of the body in the houses in between. (See the Body Chart on the next page.) It is interesting that where our feet are pointing tells us where we are walking to, symbolizing our karmic destiny, and this is an interpretation of the North Node.

The house cusps of the Body Chart are easily determined. Just take the South Node sign and degree and put it on the Ascendant. Each successive house cusp is the same degree as the Ascendant, but progressed one sign of the Zodiac. The natal planets can then be placed between the appropriate house cusps. The sample chart is left blank for you to zerox and fill in your own Body Chart Cusps.

Planets in difficult aspects in your Natal Chart will then be in positions on the Body Chart indicative of locations of possible concerns. Location of the planet within the house is important also. Refer to the body chart for more details.

Houses 1 and 12: head, neck, and thyroid.

Houses 2 and 11: shoulders, arms, hands, lungs, heart, chest, and upper back.

Houses 3 and 10: liver, spleen, pancreas, stomach, adrenals, and midback. The kidneys occupy these two houses and the next.

Houses 4 and 9: intestines, colon, reproductive system, lower back.

Houses 5 and 8: hips, thighs, and knees.

Houses 6 and 7: calves, ankles, and feet.

Frisiangal

Robert Jansky is the one who worked closely with South Nodal charts:..............

The house cusps of the Body Chart are easily determined. Just take the South Node sign and degree and put it on the Ascendant. Each successive house cusp is the same degree as the Ascendant, but progressed one sign of the Zodiac. The natal planets can then be placed between the appropriate house cusps.

Houses 1 and 12: head, neck, and thyroid.

Houses 2 and 11: shoulders, arms, hands, lungs, heart, chest, and upper back.

Houses 3 and 10: liver, spleen, pancreas, stomach, adrenals, and midback. The kidneys occupy these two houses and the next.

Houses 4 and 9: intestines, colon, reproductive system, lower back.

Houses 5 and 8: hips, thighs, and knees.

Houses 6 and 7: calves, ankles, and feet.

This is so very interesting. It fits almost like a glove.

***Mars in Cancer is on the midpoint of Chiron- Asc. to Uranus in my chart. Its position of the S.N. chart 6th house coincides with weak ankles.

I have Aquarius (lower leg/ankle) on the natal 6th house cusp, with which both Saturn and Uranus are associated and currently affecting my chart.

That 12th house thyroid as result of a 12th house Moon is very intriguing. I've always put it down to the personal planets in Taurus in 9th (associated with health).

Would it all have to do with the 4th backwards to 11th houses (traditionally) being under influence of Moon, and 5th -10th houses under influence of the Sun?
Does Esoteric astrology follow the same principles?

More to think about and observe in practise.:smile:

***Edit

Last edited: