Thread: Triplicities?
View Single Post
Unread 07-30-2019, 05:55 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Triplicities?

You're asking two different questions here. Is your question really about triplicities, or really about the oppositions in your synastry with your boyfriend? Those are entirely different things. What does one have to do with the other?

Triplicity means, basically, sign elements. The triplicities are fire, earth, air, and water. There are three signs in each element. Cardinality, mutability, and fixity are modalities. That's not the same thing as triplicity.

Every sign has both an element (triplicity) and a modality. No two are the same combination. Each triplicity has one sign in each modality, and vice versa.

Capricorn is cardinal earth, and Cancer is cardinal water. Same modality, different triplicities. All oppositions (unless they're out of sign) are between signs in the same modality but not the same element.

Triplicity is actually used in traditional astrology, mostly, and traditional astrology does more with it than just name the element. Rulers come into play as well. Modern astrologers more often say sign element rather than triplicity. They mean the same thing, but in modern astrology, attention isn't usually paid to triplicity rulers. However, that's not about relational astrology, and not relevant to your synastry opposition.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and in the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog.

To submit a question, read my blog, or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

Seeking new Ask the Astrologer submissions at this time. Updates from previous submitters welcome if ready.

Last edited by Osamenor; 07-30-2019 at 05:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (07-30-2019)